Re: Nov 28, 2017 - "Why Not" and feeling bad

Post by Liquidmark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 am

Yaaay! Kin is back! :3

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 am

rwstyles wrote: That was an old prophecy, that was fulfilled while Minmax was in the maze of many. One of the other Kins destroyed the necklace.
No. Thunt has stated that when the prophecy comes true, it will be extremely clear that it's happening.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:
Tofu wrote:First Thought :
Then : how can she even remember that there was a connection to MinMax? (I sense another story here)
The Kins used their superior intelligences to reprogram the psionic machine so that they retained their memories through multiple runs of the maze. Psimax was doing the same thing, learning from each run. They said they would "learn" from the maze--they didn't mention XP. Minmax got to keep his armor though, so the Kins could have poked around the maze and taken anything they liked home with them.

Also, Kin could have easily won the maze and theoretically could have used the red circle to return home, but it's unclear where home was. Probably outside the giant sword. If she took the teapot she could have stashed it somewhere safe and teleported to Minmax, meaning to retrieve it later.
I think she and the other kins used the red circle once they leveled to a desirable point, then quickly journeyed to their village and this kin decided to use the teapot to transport to where she's presently located. If she had just used the teapot, she would have arrived at the same point that minmax arrived to fight complains.

She probably has a major power boost by now. I wonder if she can go toe to tail with kore...

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Just wanted to quote a classic from the comic:
"Sonova crap!"

Now back to lurking.
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:Also, Kin could have easily won the maze and theoretically could have used the red circle to return home, but it's unclear where home was. Probably outside the giant sword.
A lot of us agree that "outside of time" means exiting at the same time that you enter, and she'll have left the normal way at the same moment that M&F appeared on the bridge. The Map of Thuntonia shows that Silkskale territory is East of Cryptic Fall Village, far south of the Maze of Many, and South East of the Dragon's Maw. In the day Minmax has spent with the goblins, there's no way Kin could have crossed the same river as Kore and the goblins; and passing through Arrowfly Forrest after it would be a day's trek by itself before she reaches home.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:12 pm

...and yet here she is.

So either her village is closer than it seems, she's found a faster way to travel, or she never went to her village at all.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm

We've already discussed the probability that she stashed the Jade Teapot somewhere safe before drinking from it. My expectation is that she wants to invite Minmax & Forgath to assist her in returning to the teapot and finishing the quest. From that point, I figure she'll consider herself free to join them permanently.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Just a thought, if she goes through the open door trying to chase Minmax, it'll take her towards Kore.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Davis8488 wrote:Just a thought, if she goes through the open door trying to chase Minmax, it'll take her towards Kore.
Depending on how long she was grinding in the maze of many, she might stand a chance against Kore in a straight up fight. Especially since half her body is pretty much invulnerable

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:28 am

thinkslogically wrote:...and yet here she is.

So either her village is closer than it seems, she's found a faster way to travel, or she never went to her village at all.
Kin teleported into the maze, so it's not important how far away she teleported from. I'm more interested in these questions:
Did she teleport once or twice? Red circle and/or teapot.
Did she take adventurer levels?
What class is she?
Wouldn't the Yuan Ti shun her if she were to take levels? From what I know about Yuan Ti they aren't at all flexible about this sort of thing.
Has she been back to the Silkscale clan?
Did the clan let her go back to Minmax? Again, they wouldn't be too thrilled with that sort of thing.
Did she use the red circle to get out of the maze? Did she use it to get here?
Did she use the teapot and leave it in the maze? Or did she use it and hide it somewhere?
Where is the teapot now?
Does she ever intend to return the teapot to the clan?
Is she planning to stay with Minmax forever?
She has some nice looking loot, but did she end up with the uber-loot, or just the best of the rest?
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:02 am

It definitely looks like the teapots magical aura, so I'm guessing she used it to get here rather than anything else. She can't have come straight from the maze like other folk have said because then she'd have arrived in the Kore fight on the bridge, so I'd guess it was red circle to leave then teapot to follow minmax.

She's had couple of days (max) in between to tie up loose ends and then come here, but what she'd be able to achieve in that time wrt reaching her clan or not is anyone's guess.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 am

I've been waiting for this. GOBLINS is capable of soaring to amazing heights.

I wondered if she'd get her memory back once she was away from the Maze of Many, which wasn't supposed to have oblivion holes all through it. But the obliviating stuff exists outside the maze in Minmax' sword, and her tail, Minmax' eye, and Forgath's beard are still transformed. Forgath suddenly recalled he'd had a beard when he got it back. She doesn't have her 'KEN' necklace and she's armored up and sporting a minidragon and a look of determination. I think she applied logic to her emotions and realized she and MM were bonded and she was feeling his emotions as well, therefore the oblivion holes must have taken some crucial piece.
But nothing in the maze should have removed her memory of MM raging through a forest of burning trees to save her, and then apologizing for touching her in the process. They went past being just friends right there; she was having Goblinslayer flashbacks and he was chopping trees with his sword and screaming to get to her.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am

The red circle returns the adventurer to "home," correct? The Silkscale Clan is the only home Kin's ever really had, assuming "home" is a location and not an emotional thing.

She could have gotten the gear and levels in the Maze, used the red circle to return the Teapot to her clan, had a couple days of clan-forced celebration 'cause she's all badass and did what she said she'd do, and then warp to Minmax at her earliest possibility (possibly sneaking into whatever-the-Yaun-Ti-version-of-a-Teller-is's home and using the Teapot without permission).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am

Actually I don't know. I'd assumed it meant "home dimension" rather than a village or house or something, but I guess it could be either.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 am

Minmax and Forgath used the teapot, not the red circle. They could not use the circle as they technically never won the maze. The teapot teleports you to a specific person.

I would guess that the red circle takes you back to the giant sword, but it could take you elsewhere, like the Silkscale clan, or possibly even to Minmax. But it's more likely that she used the teapot to get to Minmax. It's also not 100% clear how time works if you exit the maze through the teapot. If all three of them returned at the exact same time (in their own dimension) then she was doing something else for the last few hours.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 am

Has the GAP only been in the new dungeon for a matter of hours? Thuntian time is totally baffling, to me.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm

They slept in the room with the pillars and the yumyuck moss. So it's been at least overnight.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm

A lot of people are afraid of Kin meeting Kore. Personally, I'm more afraid of her meeting the warped Klik. That's probably around here somewhere, right? And Forgath is on a mission to stop the Klik from destroying the world . . .

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

With all of the changes and the possibility of unlimited time passing in an instant, I wonder what level kin is at?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Matney X wrote:The red circle returns the adventurer to "home," correct? The Silkscale Clan is the only home Kin's ever really had, assuming "home" is a location and not an emotional thing.

She could have gotten the gear and levels in the Maze, used the red circle to return the Teapot to her clan, had a couple days of clan-forced celebration 'cause she's all badass and did what she said she'd do, and then warp to Minmax at her earliest possibility (possibly sneaking into whatever-the-Yaun-Ti-version-of-a-Teller-is's home and using the Teapot without permission).
"You...will now be safely returned to your reality!" On the other hand, "Victors shall return to their land of home." It's overly presumptuous to say they'll be so conveniently teleported directly to wherever they consider home, but I must admit I understand how this misconception has arisen. Furthermore, Thunt has sworn to show us every dot on the map, and that includes Kin's yet-unseen home. Even if she's alone or delivered for proper burial, we're going there.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am

brnforce wrote:With all of the changes and the possibility of unlimited time passing in an instant, I wonder what level kin is at?
Kin never seemed interested in power, before she met her alters. I think she probably only stayed in long enough to come to terms with her emotions, and not a maze-run longer -- unlike her alters, who probably cranked through until they died of old age.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:48 am

Why would age carry over when time for all losers is completely reset? I guess it's possible they drove themselves similarly mad as Psimax*, but their bodies would remain young.

*That would actually be a fantastic "become the monster you destroy" theme, which compels me to want to see Ruby become a Feminazi version of Kore.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am

ForgetsKeys wrote:A lot of people are afraid of Kin meeting Kore. Personally, I'm more afraid of her meeting the warped Klik. That's probably around here somewhere, right? And Forgath is on a mission to stop the Klik from destroying the world . . .
I'd suggest the difference is that we know Kore is in the maze, while there is no evidence that Jr or the new warped klik have entered it.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Last we saw Junior, he was clear across Spitrock Lake, drinking the 2nd-gen fools dry. In fact, it looks like Biscuit just barely missed encountering Junior given that he'll be shortly gone by the time Junior falls; he's wise AND lucky! And remember, all that happened at the foot of this mountain.

The klik that he was talking about, being pursued by Forgath, Idle, & Bowst, is just OUTSIDE the Dragon's Maw; no doubt at least one hero, villain, or both are going to be claimed by the Forever Drop at the Dragon's Maw exit.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Matney X wrote:
brnforce wrote:With all of the changes and the possibility of unlimited time passing in an instant, I wonder what level kin is at?
Kin never seemed interested in power, before she met her alters. I think she probably only stayed in long enough to come to terms with her emotions, and not a maze-run longer -- unlike her alters, who probably cranked through until they died of old age.
I don't think anyone ages in the maze of many.