February 26th, 2018: Take My Hand

Discuss the comic here!
RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: February 26th, 2018: Take My Hand

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Krulle wrote:On top of that, she's been with Goblinslayer often enough in a pub. Likely she may have observed the custom there....
And having observed it, has analysed it, has noticed it is chiral, and probably made some sociological observations about humans and their preference to shake hands with their left over their right.

She's been around humans enough that, along with her high intelligence and wisdom, it must surely mean she knows how to shake hands.

Also, I went back and looked, and Goblinslayer was holding Kin's leash in his right hand when he met Minmax and Forgath. No sign that they shook hands at that time.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Teiresias wrote:Funny enough, in the US the only group I know of that shakes with the left hand is boy scouts. So Thunt just confirmed that Kore is an Eagle Scout, what do you know.
BuildsLegos wrote:That joke would work if Kore was a citizen of the United States.
I could be wrong, but I believe the left handed scout shake is somewhat international, as Baden-Powell discovered the tradition well before scouting came to the US.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:31 pm

mustache_man wrote:It's possible they had an off-panel discussion about handshakes and learned it or maybe she already knew it.
And as we all know, Thunt is the type of incompetent hack who doesn't establish Chekov's Gun before firing it.

As for my flub of Scout lore, it remains illogical to reference "the only group in the U.S." when discussing a Canadian-made indie-fantasy story where Earth-nations are specifically stated as not existing.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Davis8488 wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe the left handed scout shake is somewhat international, as Baden-Powell discovered the tradition well before scouting came to the US.
The scouts in Europe I've met (as rep of my scout group), always shaked with the right hand.
All greetings were done right-handed...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 am

Krulle wrote:
Davis8488 wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe the left handed scout shake is somewhat international, as Baden-Powell discovered the tradition well before scouting came to the US.
The scouts in Europe I've met (as rep of my scout group), always shaked with the right hand.
All greetings were done right-handed...
I stand corrected.

I suppose a better defense of the joke would have been that If a samurai/ninja can exist where there is no Japan, then an Eagle Scout can exist without a USA.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 am

speakslittle wrote:Wait...what? No, I like it. While I agree with the other poster that a perception-altering curse might be a bit of a letdown, it certainly appears to be the most plausible thing we've got going on. And it made me wonder what he thinks his IME is. Does he think it's angel wings, and he's getting a feather for every evildoer he slays? Does he know that it looks like the savagely bound souls of the creatures he has killed? What if it's even more nefarious and it's something like "just the non-evils"?
Something someone said sparked that same thought in me. What if these are only the non-evil victims? What if they represent part of the burden he must carry with him, the evil deeds he must perform in the name of a desperately necessary greater good -- at least in his understanding? I won't bother quoting The Agent from the Serenity movie, you've all heard it before.
Still doesn't fit my understanding of what is required of a Paladin -- but then I still think Superman should have flown Zod out of the bank at supersonic speed rather than break his neck. Sorry if that's a spoiler for anyone.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 pm

As Kore leans in, a really good spot check on Kin's part should allow her to say, "Wait, what happened to your face? Are you sure you're a Dwarf? How do I know you're not a monster trying to trick me? Are you willing to remove your helmet to prove to me you're what You say You are?"

Might make him angry, but it's the same reasoning he is currently using.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 pm

As much as I love reflecting bad logic in the faces of those who use them, Kore probably doesn't even need his perception altered to hide the truth of his face from him. It's doubtful he pays any attention to reflections and nobody ever has the chance to (as I put it) trigger him with that particular subject because the only survivor in a long time knows it's not even worth the trouble anyway.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Overshot
Mutters to Themself

Post by Overshot » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Tofu wrote:So glad to hear that most aspects of Tarols life are running well. Colorist is great, Posts are regular, G:AR is proceeding, Marital Bliss is blissworthy (well, it might not be but I think there is plenty of love flowing from what I see) and Tarol is in such a better place knowing his health issue has been pre-emptively solved. So good to see so many good things happening right now as well as getting regular updates of Goblins.

I don't see how you would say something like that.

The last time Thunt spoke about post frequency, it was said every Monday. I literally cannot remember when two Mondays happened back to back.

Dann
Remains Silent

Post by Dann » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:00 pm

I have been reading this comic since it's infancy, long time lurker...first time posting on the forum...I have seen many characters I love face their end, never have I felt compelled to post. But now I have to, I don't know...Kin holds a special place in my heart!

T_T

Like GoT, nobody in this comic is safe! I only hope Kin finds a way out of this!

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am

Overshot wrote:
Tofu wrote:Posts are regular
I don't see how you would say something like that.

The last time Thunt spoke about post frequency, it was said every Monday. I literally cannot remember when two Mondays happened back to back.
Actually, since he picked up Cheyenne for the coloring and up to him having his aneurysm, THunt was pretty much on time with his updates. We can't really fault him right now for being late on the updates since he's still recovering from the surgeries and dealing with life.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin