Whispers Softly

Shinng! 3/12/18

Post by Sidewaysgts » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:39 pm

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Look Behind You!

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comics/1520900033-Page5.jpg If only Kore used his good ax, he'd be even more reduced in power.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Shinng! 3/12/18

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:42 pm

This is why I feel worthless.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

I was going to call it Where is the Monster? because I'm so sick of the exclamation points.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:03 pm

No words. Just pure awesomeness.
Using her tail to distract Kore and lightning bolt him? omg!!!!!
But then, I'm still scared. Cuz she just...lightning bolted Kore.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Glad to see he broke one of his axes. Just hope Kin has her out planned, she's gotta be steps ahead.
Last edited by Shardstorm on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 pm

I hadn't realized that the Psionic-based body parts were THAT strong. But, looking back at http://goblinscomic.com/comic/09172014, I now see that Kore first broke his axe on Forgath's beard. The Maze of Many was very good to Kin and Forgath.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Re: Look Behind You!

Post by Liquidmark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Awwwww yeah! KoreÔÇÖs axe is a stump now! Zap him again Kin!

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Third level spell, so she's at least 5th. Depending on what she follows up with we should be able to narrow it down still further.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Hjerne wrote:Third level spell, so she's at least 5th. Depending on what she follows up with we should be able to narrow it down still further.
Hopefully she has a lot f combat experience under her belt. I see him pulling out that other axe or his crossbow and going for her body because doing anything to her tail is a no-go unless he has some sort of spell that would get rid of her tail.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Guess regular Dwarven steel ain't gonna.. 'Cut it'...! :)
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm

The whole point of that feature to Psimax's gears was so that he would never lose the same body-part twice; and the Kins noticed right away that replaced tissue is near-indestructible.

RG2Cents
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RG2Cents » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Here I was trying to figure out all sorts of scenario's for her next move, and it shames me to admit that I never thought of using her tail as a diversion. And yet, it makes so much sense. With all that metal he carries, hopefully there's a stunning effect attached to that lightning bolt, and she can control the next round. If Kore manages to make a move early, it's gonna get ugly.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm

sunphoenix wrote:Guess regular Dwarven steel ain't gonna.. 'Cut it'...! :)
8)

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Shardstorm wrote:Glad see broke one of his axes too. Just hope Kin has her out planned, she's gotta be steps ahead.
KinÔÇÖs a smart girl. I think she already has the next five moves planned out.

Swiftbow
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Swiftbow » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Just wondering... isn't Kore a dwarf? His hand appears to be bigger than Kin's entire head in this update. And in the last, he towered over her, looking to be about 8-9 feet tall.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 am

Again nice work with the plot,the graphics, and the mechanics. We do know that Kore is a stupendously old and capable anti-paladin (*) with enormous experience in combat by him self. I would imaging that his damaged armor is pretty bad by his standards, and having smashed axes, that is meaning his available weaponry is getting degraded, Next we might see the arrows, and magic shield should fix that .. but we also have the prospect of a python like squeeze with an invulnerable tail. Very tasty update. Thanks Tarol!

(*) term copywrong 2018

GazC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GazC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:30 am

I've just had a horrible thought. What if Kin actually manages to kill Kore, but acquires his curse as a result?

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:49 am

GazC wrote:I've just had a horrible thought. What if Kin actually manages to kill Kore, but acquires his curse as a result?
This is a very fine prediction of future story-line, and could fit with the interpretations of the prophesies (all the love-hate-serpents-prey palaver).
Now say it isn't so, I don't like it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:33 am

Now, that's a lady you don't wanna cross.

edit:
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-5 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
sketch panel 1
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 am

Swiftbow wrote:Just wondering... isn't Kore a dwarf? His hand appears to be bigger than Kin's entire head in this update. And in the last, he towered over her, looking to be about 8-9 feet tall.
Yeah that has really been bugging me. Unless she was shrunk in the maze this will continue to bother me.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 am

Xavier78 wrote:
Swiftbow wrote:Just wondering... isn't Kore a dwarf? His hand appears to be bigger than Kin's entire head in this update. And in the last, he towered over her, looking to be about 8-9 feet tall.
Yeah that has really been bugging me. Unless she was shrunk in the maze this will continue to bother me.
Well, Kore is unusually large for a dwarf. If you check his fight with Forgath, Kore is noticeably taller. And Kin is probably making herself seem extra short in order to hide her tail. But I agree that his size seems a little exaggerated in these pages in order to make him look more threatening.

Kdeathbringer
Remains Silent

Post by Kdeathbringer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 am

I don't want Kin to die!!!!! I am so scared right now. Although she is a BA for attacking Kore like that.

Chessrook44
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Chessrook44 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 am

I'm only surprised she didn't try telling him the honest fact that she really doesn't like being touched and that's why she passes on this traditional custom. It's not a lie.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:24 am

Xavier78 wrote:
Besides Kin hiding her tail (and remember she has to get it behind Kore without him noticing, so she'd be extra short), Kore's usually shown at a low angle looking up for this exact reason, to look bigger than he really is to look extra intimidating.