2018 - Unresolved Bits Thread

Discuss the comic here!
Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

2018 - Unresolved Bits Thread

Post by Tofu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 pm

I think there are some unresolved bits within the comic that i am awaiting an answer for.

For example: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/11062007

1) The symbol from the Goblin's clan's crown ... why was it on the belt of Saral Cains dungarees?

That's my one, what's your one?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: 2018 - Unresolved Bits Thread

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:18 am

Chief Kills-a-Werebear was killed by a Seventh Level Barbarian. Chief just realized his father had been avenged by Big Ears.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Piximae
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Piximae » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 pm

This whole time I was thinking that the Evil Wizard that gets mentioned here and there had something to do with the crown. I was confused because I was thinking that Chief was saying that there has only ever been one crown not one symbol.

Well, this just answered my years long question...

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 am

Is the Wizard evil? I remember he was responsible for Sarel and GS being transformed, but nothing else. Also I think there's a bit more to that symbol, like the clan copied it from some ancient battle with...something...that Sarel also encountered. After all, if he did kill Killed-a-Werebear, he could have simply taken the crown itself.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:17 am

Glemp wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 amIs the Wizard evil? I remember he was responsible for Sarel and GS being transformed, but nothing else. Also I think there's a bit more to that symbol, like the clan copied it from some ancient battle with...something...that Sarel also encountered. After all, if he did kill Killed-a-Werebear, he could have simply taken the crown itself.
Kissless and the brittle-bolt quivers. Granted, Kin never specified whose magic it was; but she very well may spill more beans in the future, given she might have met this wizard. In fact, he's probably the main villain of Waterwood City or Underpeak City. Even if he's good-aligned at heart, his (implied) connection to Goblinslayer can't be good news.

At any rate, I'd really like to see any mention of a legendary battle from long ago other than the Sacred's defeat or the assault on Brassmoon, neither of which were said to involve goblins in the slightest. Saral may have defended Brassmoon, but that was against heavily-armored orcs. I would link to that as well, but "Error 503 Backend fetch failed".

Scoshan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Scoshan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm

I don't recognize those city names, also why those two specifically?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Because they're on the map.
Then again, chimera experiments are best done away from the public, so the wizard might have a tower next to Web Lake or something.

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Hang on, this looks familiar - Panel 3, 4 and then 6 of this page.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/07142009

on the crossbar of the gate-pulley mechanism ... and on the head of Chief ...

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 pm

And here is another mention of that mad wizard ... panel 9.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10062006

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:31 am

Tofu wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm Hang on, this looks familiar - Panel 3, 4 and then 6 of this page.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/07142009

on the crossbar of the gate-pulley mechanism ... and on the head of Chief ...
You mean the bars coming out of the wheel? That looks like a different symbol, probably a generic snarly face.
Tofu wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 pm And here is another mention of that mad wizard ... panel 9.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10062006
Hey cool, I never noticed that one!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 am

What did you think I was linking to with "Kissless"? Do I need to establish that's my pet-name for the giant scary lizard? Seriously, Tofu, you link to the exact same page that I did in my first post.

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 am What did you think I was linking to with "Kissless"? Do I need to establish that's my pet-name for the giant scary lizard? Seriously, Tofu, you link to the exact same page that I did in my first post.
Arr, that be because it's National Pirate Day, and Arr Pirated your thinking and took it fer my very own - and yer parrot, it be mine too. O'course, I be a blind pirate, so any piratin' I do be more by chance than design, but I be plenty pleased with this haul o' booty.

but I be sorry fer not seeing your link all clever there like, and lettin' ye know I be stealing it, 'cos I be blind, see ... or not see .. or see what I cant ... Arr, shiver me timbers, I be confusing me'self now.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Piximae wrote:I was confused because I was thinking that Chief was saying that there has only ever been one crown not one symbol.
But if I am not mistaken, the sentence said by Chief:
Chief wrote:This has always been our crown and there has always only been one.
is about the crown and not the symbol? ("there has always only been one (crown)")

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:25 am

Once again, the dialogue is a little too vague to be certain, but "only one crown" is 100% the apparent implication. Maybe Saral had a duplication item that lets him copy non-magical items. This will surely be cleared up when they get to the village, and that will inform their journey North-West from there.