3 July 2018: "It's Me"

Discuss the comic here!
crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: 3 July 2018: "It's Me"

Post by crow76308 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:31 am Is it just me or does this not... fit with her character? Yuan-ti are exceptionally intelligent. There's no way she would have forgotten to do that. I'm not going to say a change in personality due to multiple Maze of Many runs would be responsible for this oversight.

That grin of hers in panel 6 is slightly unsettling.
I'm clever. Like really, really, clever. That means I'm right about 90% of the time, but when I'm wrong, or make a mistake, good gods, you wonder how I managed to survive childhood. This strikes me as one of those things, with Kin. 90% of the time, Kin is the smartest person in the room, but when she goofs, she really poops the bed.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Case in point: Suggesting there can be any overlap between "the greater good" and "murder children" is, I dare say, a nastier first impression than my sour moods. If someone were to start reading from the moment she peered through the crack, they'd take her for the adorkable klutz girl from every mediocre romantic comedy. While there's some truth to that, it's not a contradiction with her genius status because nobody is perfect.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 pm

I might be stupid for asking this, but does Kin know that Minmax can't read? She wasn't around when I remember it being discussed, very early in the comic, and after the necklace was obliviated, she might not even remember that he can't spell.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:07 am

ETA: Ignore everything I just said.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10032013

Kin, Forgath, and Minmax must have spent much longer together than what is shown in the comic, and she seems well aware of his lack of language skills (Go Boom!). So my guess is yes. They walked to the Maze of Many from Brassmoon. These are on the map but I'm not sure of the map scale. I would guess it's less than a day, but they didn't leave Brassmoon and head for the maze, they just got away as fast as possible, and if they went the opposite direction they would have to circle well past Brassmoon to go back. They walked to where ever they made camp and spent at least one night together (Kin's birthday). It's not clear how long it takes to walk the Maze of Many but I think it was less than one day. You might expect them to get some sort of supplies before they his the maze. And finally, there were quite a few things written in the maze, so it may have come up when we didn't see it.
Last edited by ForgetsOldName on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:44 am

Facegaauntlet.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:07 am ETA: Ignore everything I just said.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10032013

Kin, Forgath, and Minmax must have spent much longer together than what is shown in the comic, and she seems well aware of his lack of language skills (Go Boom!). So my guess is yes. They walked to the Maze of Many from Brassmoon. These are on the map but I'm not sure of the map scale. I would guess it's less than a day, but they didn't leave Brassmoon and head for the maze, they just got away as fast as possible, and if they went the opposite direction they would have to circle well past Brassmoon to go back. They walked to where ever they made camp and spent at least one night together (Kin's birthday). It's not clear how long it takes to walk the Maze of Many but I think it was less than one day. You might expect them to get some sort of supplies before they his the maze. And finally, there were quite a few things written in the maze, so it may have come up when we didn't see it.
I am always struck whenever someone makes a back reference or links to an old page, by how incredibly slow this comic progresses. That page is from 5 years ago.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 am

Thank you, Forgets.

I suppose that means she assumed his company has someone who can read. It doesn't seem like she's deduced that he isn't with Forgath, (or at least, if she has she hasn't reacted to it) but how likely is it that she recognizes any of the GAP's voices?
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

Somewhere else in the comic it says that the default for their edition (3.5?) is for everyone to read. Minmax traded it for...I forget. There are so many things Minmax can't do.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am

ForgetsOldName wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am Somewhere else in the comic it says that the default for their edition (3.5?) is for everyone to read. Minmax traded it for...I forget. There are so many things Minmax can't do.
My guess is "+1 to hit". Along with the ability to rhyme on purpose, or something like that.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 am

You're right the first time. I forget what he traded away his rhyming for.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 pm

He traded his ability to rhyme on purpose for:
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/03232010 :
improved unarmed strike
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:39 pm

How'd he get weapons specialization:furniture?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:43 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 pm Winking.
About that page, is it only for me or is there a few (incomplete) lines of pixel messed up?

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 am

Unfortunately @Bapuvitttssf I think it's time for you to replace your monitor. But you say it only happens on that one screen?

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:04 am

ForgetsOldName wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 am Unfortunately @Bapuvitttssf I think it's time for you to replace your monitor. But you say it only happens on that one screen?
Control F5 on that page.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks for your replies.
Strange... I tried with other browsers and they don't display the error.
Only with Firefox can I see this glitch (and yes, it appears only on this page AFAIK).
Well, if it is only on my end, no need to speak more of that.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often

Post by ForgetsOldName » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 am

Somewhere in the depths of Firefox there is an option to turn hardware acceleration on and off. Try toggling that.

The next question would be whether the problem is something to do with hardware or Firefox. If the problem goes away you probably just have to watch for similar problems.

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 am

If her tail is resistant to crossbow bolts, would it crack a thin bit of rock. Doubt it.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 am

ForgetsOldName wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 am Somewhere in the depths of Firefox there is an option to turn hardware acceleration on and off. Try toggling that.
That seems to be related indeed, thanks. I'll be sure to check for more problems.
Well, enough with the off-topic, I guess.