January 20th, 2019: "I might have lied before..."

Discuss the comic here!
Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Re: January 20th, 2019: "I might have lied before..."

Post by Gift Fastidious » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:38 am

An important flaw in their reasoning: The poison *only* kills dwarves, why would it affect the klik-parts to begin with, rather than just leave them to adapt by shape-shifting into a complete body?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am

Those parts arenot alive by themselves, yet.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Ansan Gotti
Mutters to Themself

Post by Ansan Gotti » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Not loving this particular turn of events, but will be glad to stick it out.

In particular, the revelation that Idle is a Dwarf feels a little unnecessary/forced, to me.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Ansan Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm Not loving this particular turn of events, but will be glad to stick it out.

In particular, the revelation that Idle is a Dwarf feels a little unnecessary/forced, to me.
At this rate, it'll soon turn out the warped klick was also a dwarf all along.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Post by Gift Fastidious » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:40 pm

This seems like the sort of thing that makes a lot more sense in terms of meta-logic, given how Idle's background already works. I could see a conversation something like:
"I'd like my next character to have more of a connection to the established party members."
"Hey, that's a great idea! How do you plan to go about it?"
"Hmmm... Well, dwarves have different clans, right? WOuld mine being form a different one help build tension?"
"Not so sure about that. Even if it was an issue, I think it'd resolve one way or the other pretty quickly once they found out."
"What if my character was disguised in some way? We're already planning to have weird curses on us."
"...Eh, sure, we did say your chararacters went to some dungeon before joining the group, let's just throw a transformation trap in there somewhere."

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am

I hadn't actually connected these 3 with the other players, believe it or not... *facepalm*

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:12 am

Master TMO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am I hadn't actually connected these 3 with the other players, believe it or not... *facepalm*
If I played Minmax I would glare angrily at the one who decided to play Bowst. Do your own thing, buddy.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Master TMO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am I hadn't actually connected these 3 with the other players, believe it or not... *facepalm*
I believe Tarol explicitly clarified that Idle, Bowst and Ward are NOT played by the players of Seth, Drasst and Tryst.

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:28 am

redfeather wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm
I believe Tarol explicitly clarified that Idle, Bowst and Ward are NOT played by the players of Seth, Drasst and Tryst.
They would have improved their play style quite a bit if it was them, but not *unbelievably* so. If Herbert actually sat down and worked with them on their characters and roleplay. But you've still got tiny snarky guy, big dumb guy, and G.I.R.L.

AceJayce
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by AceJayce » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:53 am

Really hope Forgath dies screaming (no details were given about how chinrooth kills a dwarf) to fulfill the prophecy and he comes back well. :'(

And yea, the boils on his Klik parts (and on his body on last panels) are kinda horrid to watch >:-P

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:36 am

Ansan Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm Not loving this particular turn of events, but will be glad to stick it out.

I'm with you on that 100%
AceJayce wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:53 am Really hope Forgath dies screaming (no details were given about how chinrooth kills a dwarf) to fulfill the prophecy and he comes back well.
Of all the nonsensical stuff in this comic that would be the biggest cop-out yet. Let's hope that isn't what happens.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 am

AceJayce, what you're asking for is an easy out and this comic is the last place to look for it.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm

The serpent/prey/love/hate prophecy could be entirely separate from the wall's "killed by a dwarf/lots of screaming" prediction.
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:55 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 am AceJayce, what you're asking for is an easy out and this comic is the last place to look for it.
Let's be clear. You wrote this in the thread about the page where Idle supplies a dwarf specific poison, explains that she is indeed a dwarf, tells that her concern with telling was with some politics we never heard of and get told that noone really cares. In the same page.

We also have the part where Dies and Fox and Grem finds a giant murder orc next to the exit of the dungeon that for some reason comes back to save them (I guess in order to teach Duv about loss).

Or where we have a time loop and a teleportation that links together two plot points.

Or where Forgath get caught mid air by a bunch of Kliks that repair him and save his life.

Or where Kin got murdered but got a new tail and got better.

Or where...

Point is: This comic is not the last place to look for easy ways out. There are plenty of them. We already had one character with a profecy that died horribly and got better. Forgath already "died" (by sacrificing himself) and "got better".

Him dying with a lot of screaming, after us being quickly told that the one killing him is a dwarf, to be restored by the process Thunt just established... No. AceJayce is not asking for anyting out of the ordinary here.

Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Post by Gift Fastidious » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Forgath coming back but made entirely of klik material seems pretty reasonable. That way he'd be back, but also get to do some exestintial hand-wringing over wether it's *really* him or just a weird klik-based creature that happens to have been imprinted with his memories.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:51 pm

I really don't see how Buzz can be called a "serpent" or how this can be "being killed in battle". If anything, Idle is going to kill him again when his warped-klik fate leads him to attacking Kin.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Gift Fastidious wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm Forgath coming back but made entirely of klik material seems pretty reasonable. That way he'd be back, but also get to do some exestintial hand-wringing over wether it's *really* him or just a weird klik-based creature that happens to have been imprinted with his memories.
And he would be way easier to draw.

I would be sad if his indestructable beard disappeared.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:51 pm I really don't see how Buzz can be called a "serpent" or how this can be "being killed in battle". If anything, Idle is going to kill him again when his warped-klik fate leads him to attacking Kin.
I mostly lean towards the Viper clan being the serpent. That or maybe Complains.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:46 am

As much as I want the other groups to converge on the Vipers, we probably need as many skilled combatants as possible -all decked out with magical items- to defeat Junior; and Grem will undoubtedly take over as Chief, which is not to say Duv would cooperate. Complains seems fitting, but that wouldn't lead to friends becoming enemies.