February 4th, 2019 "AAAAAAHH"

Discuss the comic here!
Owlbear
Mutters to Themself

February 4th, 2019 "AAAAAAHH"

Post by Owlbear » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:29 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2019
Th-this is a fake out, r-right you guys?
Last edited by Owlbear on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: February 4th, 2019 "AAAAAGHHH"

Post by Glemp » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:34 pm

If it is, I'm going to be mad. Dying after a battle shouldn't count as dying in it.

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Re: February 4th, 2019 "AAAAAAHH"

Post by LarsenSan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Nah, the prophecy doesn't relate to this events. Besides, thanks to that preview page we know that Forgath is going to be alive when he remembers the prophecy, specially the serpent part followed by a "I'm sorry Minmax".

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm

He's just scared, and not thinking clearly. Who can blame him.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 pm

LarsenSan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm Nah, the prophecy doesn't relate to this events. Besides, thanks to that preview page we know that Forgath is going to be alive when he remembers the prophecy, specially the serpent part followed by a "I'm sorry Minmax".
The what?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:28 pm

No -10 yet. I'm taking that as a good sign. Isn't he high enough level for a Neutralize Poison spell?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 pm

In truth, I don't think that this is the prophecy, it's not dramatic enough. I'm also confused about how this is even meant to work, since Forgath isn't part-Klik - he's a Dwarf with some Klik bits grafted on. If I were a cyborg, with robotic limbs that were being infected with a virus, I wouldn't try to stop my biological heart to turn them off - I'd just restart the limbs.

Squints
And why are boils appearing on the Mace? It isn't a Klik.

Lightning Lance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lightning Lance » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Glemp wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 pm Squints
It is. His hand inside the mace was wounded and now it's stuck to him.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 am

Yet another opportunity for the Prophecy to be met by an act of near death. Well, this time he is likely to actually die, and yes, there will be screaming. Whats this, the 3rd time?

I gotta say, the art and the color is absolutely superb. Very sensitive and beautiful work. So impressed.

Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jarednc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 am

There's no serpent involved or hate involved, so this isn't the prophecy

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 am

Lightning Lance wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:55 pm
Glemp wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 pm Squints
It is. His hand inside the mace was wounded and now it's stuck to him.
I'm aware of that, but the mace itself isn't a Klik. There's only a tiny patch of Klik on it.

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:36 am

Yeah, he's NOT gonna have a peacefull time in the afterlife, like previously thought. This is going to be pretty traumatic, even IF he makes it back.

Sidewaysgts
Whispers Softly

Post by Sidewaysgts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:39 am

Generic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 pm
LarsenSan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm Nah, the prophecy doesn't relate to this events. Besides, thanks to that preview page we know that Forgath is going to be alive when he remembers the prophecy, specially the serpent part followed by a "I'm sorry Minmax".
The what?
There was a page thunt released, what feels like years ago now, that was basically a "preview" page. Basically an image teasing that goblins was going to start back up (It was when things were washy with the comic while thunt was taking some much deserved personal recovery time due to things going on in in real life if i recall my time line correctly).

On the panel were numerous "teasers"-

Basically up-coming quotes, done in the IME of the characters saying them.

One in particular was forgath apologizing to min max. A few other dark messages as well, id have to see if i could dig it up. Id actually damn near forgotten about the page until I saw this reminder of it.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:06 am

Sidewaysgts wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:39 am There was a page thunt released, what feels like years ago now, that was basically a "preview" page. Basically an image teasing that goblins was going to start back up (It was when things were washy with the comic while thunt was taking some much deserved personal recovery time due to things going on in in real life if i recall my time line correctly).

On the panel were numerous "teasers"-

Basically up-coming quotes, done in the IME of the characters saying them.

One in particular was forgath apologizing to min max. A few other dark messages as well, id have to see if i could dig it up. Id actually damn near forgotten about the page until I saw this reminder of it.
Not all the quotes were accurate, though. MM and Fumbles squabbling over the hallway were shown in the preview as coming from MM and Complains - it was probably changed in the final version because the long-standing grudge of "Killed half his friends" and "Scarred him for life" doesn't easily change into fuel for laughs.

EDIT: I was wrong, the lines never came from Complains.
Last edited by Glemp on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 am

@Generic, SidewaysGTS,...
I assume you mean the "seven-month announcement" declaring that the silence that befell the realm will end after seven months.

Anyway,
I can forgive Forgath for misinterpreting the prophecy and thinking that it applies to this moment. As he is in a stressful situation just having taken a poison and being about to die, it's easy to forget that the prophecy said he'll die IN a great BATTLE with another Dwarf.

The instances of the prophecy:
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/12152009
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/12142005
Last edited by Krulle on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 am

Here it is:

Oh, and those were Minmax and Fumbles. In the preview they call for Complains to give a voice too.

And crap... it was years ago! On September 2014!

EDITED: crap, I lost the race for just one minute...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:03 am

Heh, didn't see that you posted, corrected a minor error, and now we both ninja'ed each other.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 am

I agree, I don't think that Forgath is going to die permanently here.

Besides, it's a D&D based universe, so isn't possible that even Chief could have been (or potentially still be) resurrected, if the prerequisites for the spell were met and his soul wanted to return to the mortal realm? They certainly didn't have a high enough level Cleric available at that time, though.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

TheDarkTyger
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheDarkTyger » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 am

Well, he is going to die. And he's dying with lots of screaming. The prophecy did not say that he'd stay dead...

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:21 am

Jarednc wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 am There's no serpent involved or hate involved, so this isn't the prophecy
Two different prophesies. Just like Fumbles spewed out a whole slew of prophesies all at once.

Meanwhile maybe Bowst is the serpent. We will find out he was part of the serpents guild of assassins or maybe he is a polymorphed lizard man.

krael
Remains Silent

Post by krael » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:21 am

That quote does not belong to Forgath.
The quote from the preview page, including the 'I'm sorry minmax', is from the third occurrence of the prophecy: when fumbles as a prophecy-spree after absorbing several ancestral spirits to become chief.
It allready happened, there is no foreknowledge protecting Forgath here; this is it! :(

Ashtaeroth
Remains Silent

Post by Ashtaeroth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am

I am quite confident that this is indeed THE prophecy. My assumption is that the prophecy is kind of obscure like they usually are in these kinds of things to give the air of mystery and is a whole of many things happening at the same time or in a short period of time but not to a single person. More like you take a quick glance at a whole picture but it being so wide and large you only notice parts here and there when you are explaining it to others. Here's my take on this:

"You will die in a great battle with another dwarf."
First and foremost the prophecy given by the goblin hag never specifies that Forgath is killed by a dwarf: It doesn't say in a battle *against* another dwarf. Idle is a dwarf. Forgath assumed this like most others and concluded that "The goblin hag said a dwarf would kill me." The great battle being against the corrupted klik, it was a great battle considering their level. And a battle is never done until the conclusion of a combat is done. Also why he is being infected by the corruption when the kliks just "added parts" on him. Well, it's a symbiosis. Host get's wounded the symbiotic, klik in this case, also suffers from the injuries of the host. And the other way around. The glove is indeed a real part of Forgath now because it has been symbiotically fused into him, like the beard and face. And the screaming, lots of screaming.

"When the serpent becomes his prey."
To me this spells Kore meeting Kin. At first Kin is a normal human but when Kore realizes she is actually a yuan-ti, a serpent, he takes Kin as a target for a hunt. Being a monster and all that.

"When friends become enemies."
I'm not entirely certain about this but I have couple of theories. One is that it could mean when Minmax and Forgath were friendly with the Goblin Slayer but became enemies because Minmax and Forgath are not evil. Second but quite far fetched is that when Team Kin decided to get rid of Minmax and Forgath, I doubt this because they left on good terms. Third is that Idle and Forgath were friends but when realizing they were both dwarves and on opposing clans, effectively at war(I suppose) the friends became enemies. This is what I'm going with.

"And love will fuel hate."
This one is yet to happen. How I think this will play out is that Minmax will find Kin and they will either meet Kore then and there, or at a later moment in the dungeon(which is gonna happen at the same time Forgath is screaming) and realizing Kore is going to kill all of them Minmax will go for rage and roll initiative. My guess is Reckless Rage feat. It's only prerequisites are CON 13 and the ability to rage, though it is only available for dwarves, gnomes and goliaths according to dungeons and dragons Races of Stone book. But since it's Minmax we are talking about... I'm not surprised if he was able to exchange something through a loophole.

Reckless Rage
( Races of Stone, p. 143)

[General]

You are considered extreme even among other barbaric warriors, and you enter a deeper state of rage than others. Goliath barbarians favor this feat.
Prerequisite

CON 13, rage ability,
Benefit

Whenever you activate your rage ability, you take an additional -2 penalty to your Armor Class, but you gain an additional +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution. These bonuses and penalties stack with the effects of rage, greater rage, and mighty rage.

Now with all this I'm quite certain Forgath will indeed die but as stated before, dying doesn't mean staying dead. After all the whole plan is to kill Forgath before the corruption takes hold and turns him into a monstrosity and then revive him with the powers of klik because he's been fused with them. The biggest hazard here is that there is a high chance of failure because he is not a full klik just partially. And while I'm at it I'd dare say that the only thing missing from the "seven-month announcement" is the green Hello, father speech bubble. I'm guessing were are gonna see that soon. Or we might jump to Dies Adventuring Party for we haven't seen them in a long time.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:05 pm

We were promised that this arc would end with tragedy, and it has. The tragedy isn't that Forgath is dying, not even if we didn't have the possibility of him coming back. The tragedy is in Idle not knowing what he was thinking as he died, knowing that he was upset about some prophecy which he didn't explain, and possibly that he had a last request which she now might never know.

Ashtaeroth
Remains Silent

Post by Ashtaeroth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:06 pm

And continuing with http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-21 Because the last part is the same as the original prophecy I'm thinking the first parts are of scene's we've already seen though most likely not in any order. Or perhaps the order is the same it's just the comic can only go on one time line and place at a time so it seems like they come in no order at all.
"Bowstrings break they are unreliable the shining forest is found only through heroism the dwarf cries no more." I haven't figured out completely the first two speech bubbles from Fumbles but the Shining Forest sounds like it's connected with Forgath fighting Kore and falling down the bridge into the klik forest. Heroism for doing the noble sacrifice to save his friend, cries no more because he jumps down. And the following is part of the current dungeon crawl by Minmax and the goblins, I'm certain of that but maybe it's a part we haven't seen yet. Complaining just sounds too much about them bickering all the time."The ears will not hear they want the book but they need to complain."
The third seems like it's about the Maze of Many and how Team Kin got all those levels after Minmax and Forgath left by drinking the tea "The mount is backwards it is displaced the levels are gained outside of time.". And the second part is about Kin trying to figure out the little conflict at the end of that dungeon arc after losing her memories of Minmax by the dropping of the necklace into to the oblivion hole. "She saw but misunderstood."
The next part is kinda easy with Duv the White Terror losing her other wing "Death of a goblin death of a god.". The next paragraph is kinda lost to me still "The hammer awaits." As is this one"Two coins for a dead dwarf another leg lost." I have a feeling it's somehow connected to Kore or perhaps with Biscuit the Roak orc that cut of his leg in the battle.

So there, now discuss.

Goodstuff
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Goodstuff » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi, long term fan, first time to post!

Just wanted to point put that Salt touches Forgath’s left shoulder (which is covered in blister). This aint over...