That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight.. (May 27, 2019)

Discuss the comic here!
spiderwrangler
Game Master

That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight.. (May 27, 2019)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight.. (May 27, 2019)

Post by RocketScientist » Mon May 27, 2019 3:53 pm

He can't not touch.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Fumbles is surrounded by assholes.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

BelgainDuRan
Remains Silent

Post by BelgainDuRan » Mon May 27, 2019 8:03 pm

That helmet legit makes me uncomfortably claustrophobic just looking at the damn thing. No thank you. Not even for control of that golem.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 27, 2019 8:35 pm

Especially since it has no discernible way of removing it, though if the vision/etc is now through the golem, that might reduce the claustrophobic sensation for the wearer.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 pm

That is one small helmet. A goblin had to force it on with no sign of padding underneath. Made for gnomes perhaps?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Magical items generally resize to fit the user.

Seems like it works more like a VR headset, completely filling his field of vision with what the golem sees. Which should make it less claustrophobic.

It is kind of nice to see that gaining the essence of a dozen or so previous tellers hasn't changed Fumbles. Still the same lateral-thinking goof unrestrained by common sense.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

27 May '19: That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight...

Post by Krulle » Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 pm

I find it weird, that Thaco seems to be explaining what "levitating" is to Complains of Names, although Fumbles asked.
It just looks like Thaco is looking the wrong direction to explain "levitation"...

Also, the transfer of perceived reality was rather seemless. Even magical, I would've expected some kind of vertigo from the sudden change in viewpoint.
Must've helped that he closed his eyes to pull the helmet over his head...

PS: I like the title, thanks Wears!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue May 28, 2019 12:31 am

Hovering is done in the spot, most often "menacingly". Levitating is moving above the ground, in either direction, as long as you're not gaining more clearance vis-a-vis the ground under you. So if you're levitating, but you stop moving around, you can hover... menacingly

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 am

WearsHats wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 pm Magical items generally resize to fit the user.
You usually squint and say "rrr" when putting on stuff that fits you?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 am

Generic wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 am
WearsHats wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 pm Magical items generally resize to fit the user.
You usually squint and say "rrr" when putting on stuff that fits you?
From instances we have seen in the comic before it is typically not an immediate effect. If memory serves we saw the Axe of Prissan resize once, and I remember Thunt talking about items resizing in his games although I can't point to anything specific.

[mod="SeeAMoose"]On another note, the bickering and the tone of conversation here seems to have grown toxic here in the time I've been away from the forum. I think it is telling that Thunt no longer frequents the forums at all, by my understanding due in large part to the tone of conversations here. I am proud that we have been able to keep this forum so lightly moderated and would rather not try to legislate rules of civility. I fully believe you all should be capable of being civil and polite even with those you disagree with or think are wrong (shocking I know). That said, if the tone of conversation I have seen in just the past 3 update threads continues (or worsens) there WILL be changes to the rules.

TL;DR - Don't be a dick. It's really not that hard.[/mod]
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue May 28, 2019 5:50 am

SeeAMoose wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 am On another note, the bickering and the tone of conversation here seems to have grown toxic here in the time I've been away from the forum. I think it is telling that Thunt no longer frequents the forums at all, by my understanding due in large part to the tone of conversations here. I am proud that we have been able to keep this forum so lightly moderated and would rather not try to legislate rules of civility. I fully believe you all should be capable of being civil and polite even with those you disagree with or think are wrong (shocking I know). That said, if the tone of conversation I have seen in just the past 3 update threads continues (or worsens) there WILL be changes to the rules.

TL;DR - Don't be a dick. It's really not that hard.
Just out of curiosity, are you hovering menacingly while writing that last line?

No wait, don't tell, I don't want to know the thruth, it can't be as good as my imagination!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue May 28, 2019 6:50 am

I for one welcome our legislating moderator overlords.

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 am

I feel like there was a missed opportunity to have his moustache poking out the open spots of the helmet. :lol: I can't stop imagining it.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue May 28, 2019 7:00 am

TheOneThatGotAway wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:50 am
SeeAMoose wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 am On another note, the bickering and the tone of conversation here seems to have grown toxic here in the time I've been away from the forum. I think it is telling that Thunt no longer frequents the forums at all, by my understanding due in large part to the tone of conversations here. I am proud that we have been able to keep this forum so lightly moderated and would rather not try to legislate rules of civility. I fully believe you all should be capable of being civil and polite even with those you disagree with or think are wrong (shocking I know). That said, if the tone of conversation I have seen in just the past 3 update threads continues (or worsens) there WILL be changes to the rules.

Just out of curiosity, are you hovering menacingly while writing that last line?

No wait, don't tell, I don't want to know the thruth, it can't be as good as my imagination!
Nope. Just standing in line about to board a plane for a stupidly early flight.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am

Hopefully there is a way the golem can be commanded beyond just mirroring Fumbles movements, otherwise walking through doorways is going to be problematic...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue May 28, 2019 12:46 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am Hopefully there is a way the golem can be commanded beyond just mirroring Fumbles movements, otherwise walking through doorways is going to be problematic...
Thought so as well. It has to be real awkward to try to step around someone small who is doing the same movements as you.
My guess is that the golebles will be used more locally for something specific.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue May 28, 2019 7:00 pm

If Kore doesn't come along and sacrifice up to half his gear to destroy the golem, it simply won't fit through the door.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jarednc » Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 am

SeeAMoose wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 amOn another note, the bickering and the tone of conversation here seems to have grown toxic here in the time I've been away from the forum. I think it is telling that Thunt no longer frequents the forums at all, by my understanding due in large part to the tone of conversations here. I am proud that we have been able to keep this forum so lightly moderated and would rather not try to legislate rules of civility. I fully believe you all should be capable of being civil and polite even with those you disagree with or think are wrong (shocking I know). That said, if the tone of conversation I have seen in just the past 3 update threads continues (or worsens) there WILL be changes to the rules.

Were posts deleted? I've just gone and re-read the last 3 threads, and I can't see any examples of "toxic conversation." I'm really confused as to exactly what behavior is (soon to be) against the rules.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 am

Jarednc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 am
SeeAMoose wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 amOn another note, the bickering and the tone of conversation here seems to have grown toxic here in the time I've been away from the forum. I think it is telling that Thunt no longer frequents the forums at all, by my understanding due in large part to the tone of conversations here. I am proud that we have been able to keep this forum so lightly moderated and would rather not try to legislate rules of civility. I fully believe you all should be capable of being civil and polite even with those you disagree with or think are wrong (shocking I know). That said, if the tone of conversation I have seen in just the past 3 update threads continues (or worsens) there WILL be changes to the rules.

Were posts deleted? I've just gone and re-read the last 3 threads, and I can't see any examples of "toxic conversation." I'm really confused as to exactly what behavior is (soon to be) against the rules.
I think they look as I remember them.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 am

About Thaco not looking at Fumbles while arguing levitation — it's the second page in a row that they are ignoring Fumbles. I don't know why they're literally not paying any attention to him because if they would, things would be different. But now... Now they've got Fumbles in what most likely is a cursed item.

I wonder several things
1. is it a cursed item? (the second strap and jaw locking suggests that yes)
2. would it enhance his strength? In the Maze of Many, the giant wall-based stone copy was able to move the several tonn-weighing door and broke some nearby walls.
3. Will Fumbles get hurt when the statue is damaged?
4. Is it possible to lift Fumbles and carry him some distance away so that the marble statue would actually be remote controlled and not from a meter away controlled. (assuming that yes)

Thrudd
Remains Silent

Post by Thrudd » Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pm

The whole - nobody looks at Fumbles - thing.

They are not yet used to the New Fumbles and still have the mindset of Fumbles not being 100% invested with good sense [ never cared for the common stuff myself - too full of stupid ]

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Thrudd wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pm [...] [ never cared for the common stuff myself - too full of stupid ]
I did not understand that last part. What do you mean by that?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 31, 2019 5:01 am

Common sense, I believe.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Fri May 31, 2019 8:09 am

SpeaksManyLanguages wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 am (...) it's the second page in a row that they are ignoring Fumbles. I don't know why they're literally not paying any attention to him (...)
Maybe they are slightly annoyed after they felt all the way down due to him fumbling on the crystal stairs?