2 July 2019 - Punch on II

Discuss the comic here!
Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

2 July 2019 - Punch on II

Post by Tofu » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Page Link here!

Well, that was not quite what I expected. Huge page. Those eyes and faces are just mind tormentingly terrifying. Kore is a horror of a major catagory.

My last page predictions flamed out. My thoughts vs what happened are:

Round 1 of 4 - Attack successful, Kore flung to wall (as seen last page)
Round 2 of 4 - Golem walking to prone Kore who is readying and is prepared now Golem and Kore engage and attack with weappons/fists.
Round 3 of 4 - Kore and Golem trade blows, no dodges, huge damage to Both Kore's armour, critical hits.
Round 4 of 4 - Kore and Golem trade more blows, Golem Kore looses balance, is on his back. Kore Golem ascendant, if bruised. Kore sees helmet being tossed between Goblins with I reckon a hugely successful INT or WIS roll to observe that.

Next Page is probably also epic ... my guess (which i am sure will be wrong, I never want to be right with these guesses) is:

Round 5 - Kore attacks inactive Golem with start of dispel magic type casting.

Round 6 (being new 1 of 4) - Kore completes dispel magic type casting. Golem deactivates permanently without attack being made. :Sadface:

Round 7 - Kore looks for next threat ... observes Goblins behind pillars trying to make Golem work again. Kore rages quietly with 'kk-k-kkk' noises and scares everyone.

😀 Nice page, very pleased.
Last edited by Tofu on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 2 July 2019 - Punch on II

Post by Generic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:46 pm

HOLY CRAP THAT HELMET IS THICH! What is that? A full cm of steel? The helmet is almost a half sphere. Kore probably has a large head, and he has to get it in there. 75 cm circumferance of the helmet? No padding it seems, so maybe? Math, math... A square meter of steel is about 80kgs, helmet is about... I think that thing clocks in at a hefty 7 kilograms. And that is just the helmet. A great helm with skullcap, coif and padding was about 5 kg, and you did not wear that all the time like Kore does.

Oh... What's happening? Comic? Er...

We're doing predictions? This is what I think.
I think it's about time for Kore to stop fighting that golem and go murder Thaco. Big ears can have a moment with Kore, telling him to go to hell. Kore will agree and shove himself into that hellish portal on top of his head to go kick Satans butt. Complains will be upset with Kore leaving without him getting his revenge for his father and his Chief. But noone really cares what Complains think. Now that Satan is getting his butt kicked, the goblins can go back to... Err. Whatever they were doing before the McGuffin broke?

And then the comic cuts back to Dies Horribly. They'll have a bit of a recap on what is going on since it was years since we saw them. Dies has to go touch Junior with that hand of his. Hopefully Biscuit will have left for good since the only thing interesting with him was his transparent face. But before touching Junior they have to go into a dungeon.
Yeah. And Grem is... Torn up or something about Fox not wanting to bone him? About his mother being mutilated? About Biscuit getting a cool peg leg? But noone really cares about Grem.

Yeah. And everyone will realize how wierd Fox is. She has hair! She tought noone had noticed since noone had said anything about it. "Hey, Duv has hair as well?" She tries to defend herself. But everyone just asks if she has ha false head of hair made from boars hair.

As for the page itself.

Umh. Where are those pillars again? How close are they to the wall? It the room morphing?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 am

Does Kore still have long distance attacks ready? Because if he does, the pillars might not protect the Goblins. Also, wouldn't it have been better to all stand on top of each other's shoulders behind one pillar? Clearly that would've been easier and would negate the danger of having to throw the helmet back and forth.

Also WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON UNDER THAT HELMET???

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:58 am

And Complains was smart enough to hold Kore against the floor.
Gives them some extra time to change the head for the helmet.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 am

It looks like the golem isn't so indestructible - Kore managed to hack a piece off of it.

It also looks like the running-in-place theory is correct. Complains doesn't seem to have walked more than an inch.

Also, I'm a little nervous that Ears will be the last one to go. He'll probably tell the other goblins to run for it while he controls the golem so that Kore can't kill all of them. That's if they manage to keep Kore busy that long, of course.

Lightning Lance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lightning Lance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Will the blindfold work with the golem?
Can they carry the last person to wear the helmet so they can run out while the golem keeps Kore busy?
Seems like a bad idea to have Big Ears be the last to go and have the healer incapacitated at the end of the fight? Plus you know he's gonna want to do something dumb.

Kore is taking some serious damage though. But he's got healing, so I imagine they're planning to finish him off here. I assume that's not gonna end up working out for them just yet.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 am

My guess: Big Ears will cast "remove curse" or similar (thinking of how the Demon said "the cursed one", and somehow linking it to Kore).
Then Kore will tell the GAP what happened, and why he got so hardcore. (and yet remained a Paladin.)

From that moment on, they have another high-level character at their side, providing lore and whatnot when facing the final demons from the world-boundary breakdown, and when facing the deranged Kliks.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 am

Krulle wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 am My guess: Big Ears will cast "remove curse" or similar (thinking of how the Demon said "the cursed one", and somehow linking it to Kore).
Then Kore will tell the GAP what happened, and why he got so hardcore. (and yet remained a Paladin.)

From that moment on, they have another high-level character at their side, providing lore and whatnot when facing the final demons from the world-boundary breakdown, and when facing the deranged Kliks.
Axe of prissan and Complains have proven able to supply loredumps already.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:58 pm

I doubt Kore joins the good guys. It's not great story telling, and in meta terms it would mean either a DMPC or Elli had a player in the wings ready to jump in and play the BBEG. At most I'd expect a deathbed story followed by "let me die, I deserve damnation for what I did."
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Dadraik
Remains Silent

Post by Dadraik » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Kore is totally a flesh klik.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:49 am

Dadraik wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm Kore is totally a flesh klik.
The racist axe seemed to work great on him.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:14 am

Generic wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:49 am The racist axe seemed to work great on him.
That's perhaps because flesh kliks built on dwarf meat have a dwarf-related negative? :lol: