8 Jul 2019- Gimmick

Discuss the comic here!
TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Re: 8 Jul 2019- Gimmick

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 am

wordelo wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:59 pm I tried looking for an answer but I can't find it. Anyone explain Kore's helmet missing? I get that it's in pieces but between the last panel of "punch II" and the first panel of "gimmick" it just disappears.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EnGCUtuWWLCSWsu2A
It, too, got yadda-yadda'd. In my mind space, by destroying the sides of it, it just didn't hold anymore, and by being thrown on the ground, it slid off of his head. It's just a lot to show, if you want the action to keep on moving forward, I guess.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:39 am

Oh I read that wrong. It's there on the ground in panel 1. It's gone later in the page though.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Rooks wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm It's times like these where I wish I had kept my Players Handbook so I could look up some of this junk and figure out more about it.
3rd edition core materials are available for free online, as part of their licensing that allowed people to create content that worked with it. I think the only thing they weren't allowed to print was wealth-by-level and maybe the XP charts for challenge ratings? Something like that.

Google "3.5 SRD" if you'd like to read up. :)

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 am

Rooks wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm Kore is just in another league than any character we've seen in this (except maybe Biscuit, which that would be an interesting fight).

In my game I run I borrow interesting characters and worlds, based In the diablo universe, Kane - a crusader loosely based off kore, who is corrupted by mephysto to hunt his own kind came face to face against an orc much like biscuit but with more weaponry.
Kane managed to win the fight using dirty tactics but Demialc (the orc) survived.

My players have been talking about the rematch since it happened.

Tombworld
Remains Silent

Post by Tombworld » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 am

Wouldn't the obvious thing to do with a golem like this be simply to grapple Kore and have another goblin remove the helmet so that the golem freezes in place with Kore caught immobile in its grip?

Then they could either go back to end Kore (or if he truly can't die, cut off his limbs so that he no longer poses any threat. And he couldn't heal himself because you can't lay on hands when you...have no hands.) or just leave him in the grip to die of dehydration. Even if he does manage to get free eventually, they would have gotten a significant head start.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Tombworld wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 am Wouldn't the obvious thing to do with a golem like this be simply to grapple Kore and have another goblin remove the helmet so that the golem freezes in place with Kore caught immobile in its grip?

Then they could either go back to end Kore (or if he truly can't die, cut off his limbs so that he no longer poses any threat. And he couldn't heal himself because you can't lay on hands when you...have no hands.) or just leave him in the grip to die of dehydration. Even if he does manage to get free eventually, they would have gotten a significant head start.
Nice suggestion - I had the imagined thought of Kore being held by the head, and therefore headstart is a pun. A bad pun. A very bad pun. :wall: Other than the pun. it is a clever idea.

kesgarion
Remains Silent

Post by kesgarion » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Tombworld wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 am Wouldn't the obvious thing to do with a golem like this be simply to grapple Kore and have another goblin remove the helmet so that the golem freezes in place with Kore caught immobile in its grip?
In typical Fumbles humor fashion, I would have loved it if he had the chance to have the golem just sit on Kore and leave him there :lol:

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:09 am

kesgarion wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm
In typical Fumbles humor fashion, I would have loved it if he had the chance to have the golem just sit on Kore and leave him there :lol:
I think that would have made it a long way towards Kore being turned into Chad Vader.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.