Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

17 Jan 2021: Hey, G.G.!

Post by Krulle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:10 am

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2021

First page of the year, yay!

Big GG, will he listen?

Also: the Trap Clockwork allows more space now some of the party went through the test. I wonder if all have to go through the test to get the ceiling to rise enough to show the exit door?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Inspired
Game Master

Re: 17 Jan 2021: Hey, G.G.!

Post by Inspired » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 am

Hey G.G. , listen up mate,
I'm droppin' some bars, pls no hate
That angel was horny
- and this will be corny -
Complains took a slice
'cuz she wasn't nice

At least it wasn't lobotomy
And we broke the monotony
We also got a brand new Chief,
But 'Ears still has a handkerchief
around his head
it's kinda bad
With all the blood
What a sad sod

So heal him, I guess
What a mess, but a problem less
And I must confess
My rhymes r the best

... Kickasso, Yo.

(*mustache drop*)
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:54 am

That would be entertaining. I wanna see that!

Also:
@NorFluff wrote:oh no . . 'time' is 'up' . .

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:37 am

I somehow foresee a bit more horny Big Ears...

Better hide them lad-gobbos...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:10 pm

On Twitter quite a few are hoping so.
The good Big Ears becomes the Big Horned One.
(in his case better than being horny)

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm

I hope Big Ears won't get a single horn attached to his side of the head.

I mean, it makes sense, given the hints we got about angel blood being healing, and it fits with Elli's love for asymmetric characters (in the visual sense),

but I think it won't look good... sort of like patchwork-Forgas ugly, but even more visually disturbing for me.

Its just my personal opinion... I'll still love Big Ears even if he gets to have one horn attached to his head.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:00 am

And that would then heal only one side.

BTW, on twitter a poll has been initiated by Ellipsis:
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/135106249840596992 wrote:So what do you think is about to happen to Big Ears, with the angel horn? https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2021
Nothing will happen
Horn stuck to his head
Heals up. No side effects
He becomes an angel
You can go there yourself if you wish to see current standings, but "Horn stuck to his head" is current No. 1 choice.

I also hope not.
Honestly, I think it'll be "Nothing will happen", all other things seem to make little logic sense, but this is a comic after all.

Istaran
Remains Silent

Post by Istaran » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 am

I'm amused thinking about the wtf moment when the angel sees her missing horn piece return, attached to a goblin head.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:19 am

Arrow wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm I hope Big Ears won't get a single horn attached to his side of the head.

I mean, it makes sense, given the hints we got about angel blood being healing, and it fits with Elli's love for asymmetric characters (in the visual sense),

but I think it won't look good... sort of like patchwork-Forgas ugly, but even more visually disturbing for me.

Its just my personal opinion... I'll still love Big Ears even if he gets to have one horn attached to his head.
It could well get stuck in the middle. Rhino-like. Then it would be new, strange and symmetrical to the face. ;)

Why would they poke it in the middle when it's the ears that are cut off? I dunno. I don't think like goblin. :D
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Derkins
Mutters to Themself

Post by Derkins » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm

If only Sr. VK passed his perception check and noticed the clocks raising then he really isn't the Fumbles we used to know. That's quite a bonus he got!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Perception is Wisdom-based.

More to the point, though, this isn't the first time that Vorpal's distractability has allowed him to notice something in the background that the rest of the party (caught up in their current situation/discussion) had missed.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nina
Whispers Softly

Post by Nina » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 am

Hi everyone!
Yay, a new comic!

I was wondering what the smoke (?) coming out of the severed angel's horn last comic was. But this part is not smoking.

I'm very curious what a bit of angel will do. I suspect that it won't heal big ears, but will be useful later on in the story.

No idea why the watches are going up. I'm assuming that there is an important reason for it, but drawing a blank. Likely it has something to do with flying yogurt monkeys which are planning on eating their thumbs or something. (Default state of a dungeon of course.)

Hugs, Nina!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:13 am

Nina wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 amNo idea why the watches are going up. I'm assuming that there is an important reason for it, but drawing a blank. Likely it has something to do with flying yogurt monkeys which are planning on eating their thumbs or something. (Default state of a dungeon of course.)
A proposal beforehand was that it's an indication.
"Time" is "up".

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:08 am

He'd probably like it a lot if you called him by his name - Maglubiyet - instead of Goblin God or G.G. I mean, it has been canon established as his name, so you might as well use it, right?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 am

ForgetsHisUID wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:08 am He'd probably like it a lot if you called him by his name - Maglubiyet - instead of Goblin God or G.G. I mean, it has been canon established as his name, so you might as well use it, right?
I don't think Elli want to go there. She is not paying WotC anything to use their IP, as far ss I am aware.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Yes, Elli decided to stay away from the IP of others.
It may be unlikely to be sued for the name, but just to be on the safe side, G.G. is the name.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:22 pm

What happened is that WotC sued Rusty and Co for selling a plush toy of the titular character, who is a "rust monster" (which is a creature unique to D&D and thus WotC's IP). Elli decided at that point to scrub the comic of anything that specifically falls under WotC copyright. I haven't checked, but she was planning to go back and edit out the word Maglubiyet from earlier pages. He's just the Goblin God now. Likewise, Kin is a naga, not a yuan-ti. Elli would much prefer to use the name Maglubiyet, but she doesn't have legal right to it.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:16 pm

yuan-ti is still present:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Maglubiyet is a too common word on this forum..
could search it using the google site: tool, but this is the wrong device for such more complex stuff than simple forum searches...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 am

The most recent incidence of yaun-ti you listed is from 2012, which is the year Rusty & Co got sued. The term hasn't been used since. But I guess Elii never updated the old pages.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:30 am

And so far, Elli has never tried to market merchandisables which are not generally known (Goblins).
Which I think is a good precaution.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:15 pm

ForgetsHisUID wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:08 am He'd probably like it a lot if you called him by his name - Maglubiyet - instead of Goblin God or G.G. I mean, it has been canon established as his name, so you might as well use it, right?
Besides the legal reasons, we can also do an in-setting explanation. Maglubiyet is the canonical god of usually-Evil goblins, and he's detailed as being more than necessarily Evil in various D&D supplements, such as Monster Mythology. He and Gruumsh wage endless war in the plane of Acheron, which is south of Neutral on the Great Wheel. Everything we get about Mags' personality indicates that he's pretty much a dick. So if you wanted to create a world where Goblins weren't a Usually Evil race, leaving out their canonical deity would be a good start. If anything it's more of an oddness that the canonical name was ever used in this comic at all.

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:53 pm

Nina wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 am Hi everyone!
Yay, a new comic!

I was wondering what the smoke (?) coming out of the severed angel's horn last comic was. But this part is not smoking.

I'm very curious what a bit of angel will do. I suspect that it won't heal big ears, but will be useful later on in the story.
I'm thinking it's gonna get attached to the gargoyle, and give him a new body, maybe?