17 September 2021 - Good job.

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 17 September 2021 - Good job.

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am

Panando wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm
cbertrand wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am I think Elipsis messed up, though, and will have to edit this comic. Kin knows nothing of the friendship that Minmax has developed with Vorpal and barely knows about his connection with the others. (Beyond the idea that he is somehow, possibly, working with them, which she heard from Kore on https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2018)
These are the same goblins that tried to rescue her during the escape from Brassmoon city. While everything happened pretty quickly, she may still have recognized them. Big Ears is highly distinctive, furthermore wearing Caine's armor. It's not clear if Kin could see anything through the crack, but Big Ears also apparently has a distinctive voice, possibly modified by the armor (if the armor can make his eyes glow, it can probably make his voice "glow" too). Demon-Complains who personally tried to give Kin his arm during the escape, may also have a highly recognizable voice.

edit: On re-reading the earlier encounter through the wall. Not only did Kin mention in a note that she heard about Forgath, she also heard the Goblins talking about their failure to rescue her in Brassmoon city, and in a note she says that she sees and hears everything her familiar sees, so she could also visually identify the Goblins. Also when she first talked to Minmax she described the goblins that failed to rescue her as "Heroic".
I guess she missed the part where the paper dragon flew down the hole and failed to find survivors then.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Generic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am
She is excited and full of adrenaline. No need to make it about her intelligence score.
But that's exactly what this is about.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/02212009/
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am

Krulle wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:57 pm
Generic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am
She is excited and full of adrenaline. No need to make it about her intelligence score.
But that's exactly what this is about.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/02212009/
But she is not bab... Fuck it, I'm done.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Panando
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Panando » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:17 am

Generic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am I guess she missed the part where the paper dragon flew down the hole and failed to find survivors then.
That's a good point. She would know what Parchment saw down there, Minmax just had to guess, but she should know that Parchment looked for the survivors, and should know what Parchment found. It's entirely possible Parchment failed to find the goblins for some reason, such as the area being completely dark and Parchment not having darkvision. But in any case, since Parchment has been with Minmax the whole time Kin should have no reason to believe that Minmax knows anything that Parchment hasn't also seen. Unless her ability to see through Parchment's eyes is time-limited and had run out and she hadn't cast it again.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:51 am

Could also be range issue. :?
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

cbertrand
Mutters to Themself

Post by cbertrand » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Panando wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm edit: On re-reading the earlier encounter through the wall. Not only did Kin mention in a note that she heard about Forgath, she also heard the Goblins talking about their failure to rescue her in Brassmoon city, and in a note she says that she sees and hears everything her familiar sees, so she could also visually identify the Goblins. Also when she first talked to Minmax she described the goblins that failed to rescue her as "Heroic".
Nice catch!! I thought there was no way she would have known which goblins he was talking about, although she could have figured it out, but I did not connect that she would have heard that whol conversation they were having. Also, I forgot she sent the note about Forgath. Thanks! The page reads much better knowing that.

Now if only Elipsis would start printing the books again, so that we could read them without so much time occurring between scenes . . . :-)