2022 June 1: Big Purple Splash Page

Post by Glemp » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:11 am

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 2022 June 1: Big Purple Splash Page

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:40 am

Why only a one-image page?
► Show Spoiler

Now to the actual page: it has not really been described so far, but Complains of Names IME has changed into an "Enhanced IME"...
https://twitter.com/hataroni/status/1531891831918809090 wrote:Wait a sec. An IME can have a physical impact, and can be controlled?
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1531899665272037376 wrote:Due to being slowly turned into a demon, Complains has gained an 'Enhanced Individual Magical Effect'. Here's Cal, a previous owner of The Axe of Prissan, to explain it.❤️
► Show Spoiler
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing that, Krulle. I had the same question about his IME.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 am

Way to make the gargoyle feel bad, mr. Suddenly Gigantic Wings.

Sure they were big after the level-up, but I'm pretty sure they've grown from even that...

Tail is pretty much the same, it was hilariously long to begin with. Even before the wings

Can't be just me, can it?
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:43 am

You're welcome, RocketScientist.

I found this explanation a bit lacking in the comic, so I thought it would be good to add here when Elli tweeted that.

And the Axe-of-Prissan pages are not included in the official comicline. They are canon, but not online.
So they're easy to forget about.

The in-comic explanation so far, by Complains of Names, described
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/08042006/ wrote:Complains of Names: Y'know how different kinds of wood can sometimes make different coloured flames in a camp fire? Well, it's kind of the same way with magic. When we burn up the magical energy around us, we give off a different visual effect.
Complains of Names: Most creatures just give off a basic colour, but as you gain more power, your I.M.E. can evolve.
Nothing about a physical effect though.

And I'm astonished that Complains of Names is apparently able to tap that effect for this, as he apparently didn't know about, nor have we seen him experiment with it.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:31 am

Come to think of it. He didn't have the wings before the angel. So unless he had some ability already with the tail he could have noticed, he's pulling this from his backside and not talking about where the wings come from.
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:30 am

Here (12 June 2017) he has rudimentary wings, without the "foil" between the skeleton elements...
And here (page 20, 2020 - 3 real-time years later), there are no indication of wings in the first panels, but they grow in panel 4, and in panel 5 he seems to by flying on them.

In hindsight, this explains the action scene a bit better.

But now we know the wings did appear beforehand.
And that Elli had a missed opportunity to tell about the Enhanced I.M.E. and physical effects it might have.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:54 am

Ah, so it was before the level-up. Not quite sure how he developed their use then, but at least we know they were a thing already.