Things You Never Noticed Before

Discuss the comic here!
Midara
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Things You Never Noticed Before

Post by Midara » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:42 pm

MOJO wrote:Earlier in this thread there was some discussion of how the talking wall came to exist in Brassmoon City. It seemed the general consensus was that it happened during the Battle of Wonder.
Does anyone know what ability in the SoW list caused this? I wanted to read the shields abilities again, but I can't find it...

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:42 pm

I believe that three or four of the pages are in the Games Resources thread. All of the pages are being included in Book 3, so they have been taken off the website for a while.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:10 am

Midara wrote:
MOJO wrote:Earlier in this thread there was some discussion of how the talking wall came to exist in Brassmoon City. It seemed the general consensus was that it happened during the Battle of Wonder.
Does anyone know what ability in the SoW list caused this? I wanted to read the shields abilities again, but I can't find it...
► Show Spoiler
SoW effect 24:
The striker's physical form instantly disappears as his "soul" is transferred into the nearest wall (Will SV DC 11 to negate). The striker's face will appear in the wall. This face has the ability to talk and make expressions. Once the striker has "become" the wall, he will gain limited abilities to see into the future of those he communicates with.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 am

RidcullyJack wrote: SoW effect 24:
The striker's physical form instantly disappears as his "soul" is transferred into the nearest wall (Will SV DC 11 to negate). The striker's face will appear in the wall. This face has the ability to talk and make expressions. Once the striker has "become" the wall, he will gain limited abilities to see into the future of those he communicates with.
...Huh. You'd think that the wall would be a bit more upset if he used to be human.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:03 am

Why so? There is no way for him to turn back into a human or anything else.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:09 am

gamecreator wrote:Why so? There is no way for him to turn back into a human or anything else.
So Minmax shouldn't have been upset at seeing Kin without a tail, because at the time there was no way to change her back?

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 am

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 am

Come on, he used to be some nameless npc, and now he's a magical talking wall! If it were me, I'd embrace the new role too. :)
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:18 am

His personality carried over, though, so he's just not getting a lot of people lining up to ask him questions. :indeed:
► Show Spoiler

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:40 pm

I think he's not that down about it at the moment because he can now see peoples futures, and that's a fairly entertaining ability for a week or so before you start getting depressed.

Also, he's an NPC: With some DM's, that's essentially Exposition Incarnate. Not that different from a talking wall that won't shut its mouth, minus the whole moving around thing.
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

I just noticed that the onomatopoeia from Kore in the last strip is actually drawn to look like stonework. Or armor pieces. Or something. Thats a pretty cool little detail.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Sogono
Mutters to Themself

Post by Sogono » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 am

SGTdude wrote:I just noticed that the onomatopoeia from Kore in the last strip is actually drawn to look like stonework. Or armor pieces. Or something. Thats a pretty cool little detail.
That's the way it is since the beginning: look at those KATHUNKs from the 4th panel of that page.
Even his "KNOCK KNOCK" (which is the very first time we "hear" him, if I'm not mistaken) seems shattered.

Maybe it is something related to his curse/blessing?
(I think this specific art point has been remarked somewhere in these forums already.)
ImageImageImageImage

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 am

I just noticed that on the long-current page, in panel 4, the wound on Forgath's shoulder and the blood and one of the joints of his armor appear to form a number "4".
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:46 am

I think, you're just seeing things. Perhaps, you've spent too much time staring at that page.

Reread Tempts-Fate! That's what I did.
All hail the power of the stick!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 pm

It's a bit abstracted but I totally still see it.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:55 am

willpell wrote:It's a bit abstracted but I totally still see it.
It sort of looks like a four, yes, but that's blood from the bolt wound on the page before where it's already beginning to form a triangle. It's just a coincidence and highly doubt it was intentional.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:58 pm

I think it looks more like a little bell than a 4.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Zathyr wrote:I think it looks more like a little bell than a 4.
It's clearly a Dalek firing to one side in surprise at being bitten by a snake. I am preparing a 60-page thesis on how this ties into Forgath's prophecy.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:32 am

Dalek for sure.

What does it say about me that I just added Dalek to my Kindle dictionary? :chuckle:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 am

that you like an expanded and well informed, yet geekipeida friendly vocabulary?
-Best regards LAYF

AlphaPanda
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by AlphaPanda » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm

willpell wrote:I just noticed that on the long-current page, in panel 4, the wound on Forgath's shoulder and the blood and one of the joints of his armor appear to form a number "4".
Cool find!

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

SGTdude wrote:I just noticed that the onomatopoeia from Kore in the last strip is actually drawn to look like stonework. Or armor pieces. Or something. Thats a pretty cool little detail.
I think it's got something to do with the I.M.E.s of each character. Minmax's attacks show up in purple, Forgath's in his beige-y color, Goblinslayer has a green-yellow mix. I'm pretty sure the Goblins have the same thing.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Forgath has two eyebrows! Simulant, run!

(first panel)

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:26 am

... I don't see it.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:16 am

Zathyr wrote:... I don't see it.
Forgath has another eyebrow, one made of skin or very fine hair, right below the raised one.