The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 am

Randerwaith: Grasping Tess's forearm, you channel healing energy into her, bringing her back to full health.

A leather clad figure emerges from the alcove nearest the entrance, catching Ulmwin's eye.

The skeleton that Randy warned Tess about drops back to the far brazier and does... something (Perception check from Tess, checks at disadvantage from Maji and Randy).

The result of whatever it is doing, however, is that stone slabs covering similar alcoves along the left side of the room also begin to rise, though only three, if there is one covering an alcove nearest the door, it does not open.

The other skeleton withdraws (disengage) from Maji, before doing something up there too... (second Perception check at disadvantage from Maji, and Coljin can make one at disadvantage too.)

A reddish glow begins to build in the far corner of the room, around what looks to be a second ruby holding snake statue.

Image


((Maji, I need a DEX save and two Perception checks at disadvantage if you'd like to make them. *Edit: You also feel your rage fade from you with the lack of recent attacks... *EditEDIT: You're getting shot by the beam, so the damage from that will actually keep you raging. :thumbsup: ))

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Zombie Bandit
Skeletons
Maji <-------------------
Zombie Jackal
Holger
Tess
Zombie Cats
Zombie Camel
Zephyr
Coljin
Something Stirring
Ily
Zombie Guards
Zombie Mules
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:38 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am

((It pushed something... a lever? ...set into the last brazier.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am

"Randy, there's a control switch in that brazier. Can you distract the skeleton? I'm going to try to close those doors again."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1105
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Perception: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Perception: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
I forgot to roll it with disadvantage, so the low roll is 7.

Go close those doors Tess!

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4552
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Randy looks towards where Tess is pointing. He puts up his bow, lights a torch from the brazier. "One distraction coming up."

He charges into the "fountain" NE of his position, diving to take cover below its lip, making a big production of it, waving a lit torch and yelling at the skeletons to get their attention.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 pm

((You have movement left after healing Tess, but wouldn't be able to put you bow away, pull out a fresh torch and light it. You can carry a bow in one hand though, and the stub of your old torch is still sticking out of the brazier, so I'd say you could do that as your 'free interaction with and object' and move.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4552
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

((Good enough! :) ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Randy: After healing Tess, you reach up, grabbing the short end of your mostly consumed torch, you swing out past the pillar and hop the edge of the lip, landing in gore soaked sand, your waving torch illuminating the poor state of the dead around you.

Image

((DEX save, optional perception checks at disadvantage, and turn for Maji.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:03 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Maji: You manage to duck the worst of the beam, but still take a point each of necrotic and radiant damage as it burns across you.

The skeleton that retreats from you touches the large crystal or gem on the plinth at the top of the dais before running away.

You charge forward and swat the skeleton into pieces, scattering it against the wall.

Holger: You sprint forward, pausing momentarily to dip your torch into the nearest brazier, sending it alight, before hustling to one at the end of the great hall.

Image

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Zombie Bandit
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess <-------------------
Zombie Cats
Zombie Camel
Zephyr
Coljin
Something Stirring
Ily
Zombie Guards
Zombie Mules
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Alright, double-dash to the west of the plinth where the dead skeleton now is (next to Maji), then Nem will use whatever lever is there. Hopefully she wasn't just seeing things.

For a free object interaction, she'll give Maji a pat on the head.

EDIT: I think Ily can make it to Holger at the moment, so if that's still possible when his turn comes around, Ily will dash over to him instead of Zephyr.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm

((The lever is your free object interaction, sorry Maji!))

Tess: You hurry past Maji, and spotting the lever, reach down to pull it back the other way. ((I'd like a straight STR check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Tess: The skeleton seemed to shift it quite easily, but you don't manage to make it even budge... it definitely wasn't that hard for the skeleton!

The zombified cat really doesn't like Zephyr, and manages to claw her back!

Zombie Cat: Claw Zephyr: 1D20 = [19] = 19
Zombie Cat: Claw Zephyr: 1D1 = [1] = 1

The other zombie cat lashes out at Ulmwin, but the bard manages to dodge the strike.

Zombie Cat: Claw Ulmwin: 1D20 = [11] = 11

The zombie camel trots over to Holger, the broken yellow teeth trying to chomp down on his shoulder.

Zombie Camel: Bite Holger: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
((Does it bite Holger Prime, or one of the duplicates? Roll d20, 8 or higher you're safe.))

Image


Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Zombie Bandit
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zombie Cats
Zombie Camel
Zephyr <-------------------
Coljin
Something Stirring
Ily
Zombie Guards
Zombie Mules
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm pretty sure it munched on the already vanished Holger..

Is it Holger?: 1D20 = [20] = 20 = Nope
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm

A second Holger shatters into purple glass and dust, and two remain.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Zephyr: You disengage and move as far as you can in Holger's general direction, looking to put your protection shield to good use for the squishies. You consider disengaging and moving to protect the squishies, but this cat is really freaking annoying, and that mule just kicked you!

Zephyr: Attack the mule: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
Zephyr: Attack the mule: damage: 1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

You hack the mule down and it collapses to the ground.

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Zombie Bandit
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zombie Cats
Zombie Camel
Zephyr
Coljin <-------------------
Something Stirring
Ily
Zombie Guards
Zombie Mules
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1105
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm

The skeletons are being a problem, so he will fire at the remaining skeleton.

Crossbow attack: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
xbow damage: 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Hollering out, "Anyone need healing badly?"

He will move south 5 feet, east 15 feet.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Nem will shout to Randy:
"Over here! It's stuck!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4552
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Randy will run to the pillar when he can try to work the lever. He'll dump his torch in the basin so he can get both hands free.

strength: 1D20 = [20] = 20 Apparently, he's got a bit of an adrenaline rush going... :chuckle:

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12830
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm

"Oooooohhh! You're meant to PULL it..."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Coljin: You pop the skeleton with a crossbow bolt and move over to the brazier, calling out if anyone needs healing.

A pair of zombified giant lizards make it to the alcove entrances, moving their heads side to side in search of prey.

Ily scoots it for all he's worth, making it to Holger and scrambling aboard... and just in time...

Staggering out of the alcove at a shuffling run, a zombie in a chain shirt heads for Holger, head canted to the side, and a dislocated arm limp at its side.

The similarly dressed zombified guard with a broken neck staggers up to Ulmwin, stabbing forward with its broken spear at the bard. The spear punches through the bard's armor, lodging in the abdomen and wrenching out of the zombie's grasp before falling loose. ((I believe that puts Ulmwin down to 4 HP?))

Zombie Guard: Attack Ulmwin: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Zombie Guard: Attack Ulmwin: 2D6+2 = [6, 4]+2 = 12

The remaining zombie mule hobbles to Ulmwin and strikes out with its hooves, completely missing him.

Zombie Mule: Hooves at Ulmwin: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Image


Ulmwin <-------------------
Randerwaith
Zombie Bandit
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zombie Cats
Zombie Camel
Zephyr
Coljin
Zombie Giant Lizard
Ily
Zombie Guards
Zombie Mules
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 am

(Damn. Erm, I took two damage earlier, got one temporary HP from the rapier... I have 27 HP, so shouldn't that leave me with 14, or did I miss taking damage earlier?

In each case, what kind of action would it be to activate the heroism spell on my ring, and I guess I can't just run away without triggering AOO's? Just considering my options...)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13682

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 am

((You took 5 from a shortbow fired by a skeleton in the dark, and 5 from the zombie whose brain you hurt. Heroism would be an action to cast, and is a concentration spell, so if you take damage, you'd have to roll to maintain it. Activating and scampering would mean opportunity attacks. Go ahead and give me a... Perception check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply