The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:01 pm

((You can only cast 2 spells, ( or spell effects ) if one takes action and one takes bonus action, and one is a cantrip.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15358
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 pm

(Ah...Hmm. Acid breath isn't a spell effect is it?)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1698

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

((No name was given for the shaman. No that it matters, but Korgal still had advantage after Dornikal's dodge action?))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11998

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 am

Ulmwin moves slightly up, while trying to shoot for one of the orcs..!

crossbow attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [7, 5]+4 = 11
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5


It goes about as well as expected.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:45 am

Rodgeir wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm
((No name was given for the shaman. No that it matters, but Korgal still had advantage after Dornikal's dodge action?))
((Ah, auto filled with a high rather than low. Would like to think I'd have caught that had it 'hit'.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15358
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am

Well if acid breath isn't a spell effect Maji will get to the hill orc's face and moves left 1 square to acid all the hill orcs! Acid breath dc 12 for half: 2D6 = [4, 6] = 10

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 am

When the orc burst from cover and headed up the hill, Ulmwin ducks out and fires a long, arcing shot that shatters on stone.

Randy says a swear. He fires, the arrow lodging in the shoulder of the orc at the bottom of the ramp, who snarls in pain. The ranger strides forward.

Tess scoots backwards and nestles in among some rocks and boulders, finding a nice one to use as a ledge to steady her crossbow as she takes aim at the top of the ramp, waiting for an orc face to come into view.

Image

((Orange T - Talish, dwarf female, dead
Blue T - Tren, human female
Blue S - Szartha, blue dragonborn male
Blue R - Rens, human male, dead
Green G - Galt, half-orc/half-human male
Bright green - Dornikal, shorn dwarf, male
Red - Zephyr
Pink - Tess
Purple - Holger
Green - Coljin
Black - Maji
Brown - Randerwaith
Orange - Ulmwin))


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin <--------------<< ((Previous was your held attack, so couldn't move, but can now (how much is slightly?) and take another shot.))
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11998

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am

Ulmwin moves up 25 feet, and tries another shot just in case...

crossbow attack disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [9, 1]+4 = 5
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 am

Another warning shot from the bard, as Maji grips one of his amulets, feeling a breeze surge around him as he feels lighter of foot. He takes off across the sand, closing the gap between himself and the rocky outcropping, where he skids to a halt, sand flying (it's anime AF) as he opens his terrible maw and belches forth a torrent of acid.

The trailing orc, that Randy had plinked with an arrow, goes down, flesh melting as he shrieks. The other orcs all manage to avoid the worst of it, but definitely look surprised and displeased that the dragonborn is right behind them and unleashing bad stuff.

DEX Saves: 2 orcs: 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14
1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

DEX Save: Lead orc: 1D20+1+1D4 = [20]+1+[3] = 24

DEX Save: Korgal: 1D20+1+1D4 = [9]+1+[3] = 13


Szartha contorts his fingers and mutters as he casts fire bolt again, this one striking the first orc in the chest and leaving a smoking hole in its hide armor.

Szartha: Fire bolt: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [13, 9]+5 = 14
2D10 = [4, 1] = 5



Image

((Orange T - Talish, dwarf female, dead
Blue T - Tren, human female
Blue S - Szartha, blue dragonborn male
Blue R - Rens, human male, dead
Green G - Galt, half-orc/half-human male
Bright green - Dornikal, shorn dwarf, male
Red - Zephyr
Pink - Tess
Purple - Holger
Green - Coljin
Black - Maji
Brown - Randerwaith
Orange - Ulmwin))


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr <--------------<< ((You don't have a straight shot to move due east, there is 15 ft rocky slope down to the trail coming up.))
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8605
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:59 am

Zephyr makes her way east until she has a clear shot at the the Orcs moving swiftly up the trail.
Drawing on the magic within herself, she pulls a dagger of ice from the air and throws it at the center-most of the three orcs.
► Show Spoiler


Magic Attack: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

DEX save of 12 for all three of them or they each take 2d6 damage.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 am

Zephyr summons her ice shard and flips it down at the orcs before it melts in the desert heat. The middle orc she flings it at ducks as it bursts. Korgal raises his greataxe and catches the blast across the blade. The orc at the front of the line doesn't see the attack, and is caught unaware by the icy blast.

Target Orc: DEX save: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13

Lead orc;Korgal: 1D20+1+1D4 = [6]+1+[1] = 8
1D20+1+1D4 = [19]+1+[3] = 23


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger <--------------<<
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8605
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:11 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6824

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:28 am

Holger will continue to move forward, 1 diagonal down as well in order to get closer to the ramp, if he can see an orc tipping his head up from the slope, he'll shoot a fire bolt, otherwise dash closer to the slope in order to sooner Join Zephyr in protecting the prisoners.

Holger fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
Fire bolt damage: 1D10 = [9] = 9
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 am

A shard of ice punches through the lead orc's neck at the base of his skull and he drops.

Holger pops out and fires off at one of the orcs, hitting him good in the abdomen. The orc's still on his feet, but not by much. It is only that orc and Korgal left on the ramp.

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin <--------------<<
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Coljin sees the one prisoner that has his eyes injured so badly he cannot see, and he moves to him and heals him. (Using 1st level slot)

And he takes the sword that Randy gave him and hands it to the prisoner once he can hopefully see.

Healing, first level spell slot: 1D8+4+3 = [3]+4+3 = 10

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1698

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Dornikal watches Korgal cast aside the crossbow, following its path and noting where it lands, grinding his teeth.

"Can't even use a little dwarf woman's weapon Korgal?"

Dornikal will attack any orc that gets in melee range on his turn, otherwise he will hold his attack for Korgal.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5217
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 pm

(( :? Did I miss something? When did Korgal do that? ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 pm

((When he first ran up the ramp, didn't have movement to get to melee.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5217
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 pm

(( I'll go ahead and post Randy's move))

Randy moves forward another 30 feet and lets fly at the shaman.

long bow: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Coljin scrambles to Galt and speaks a blessing of his goddess over the half orc, whose cuts mostly seal and the swelling reduces enough that he can peer about with his remaining eye.
"Thank you.", he says gratefully as he takes the short sword.

The shield carrying orc strolls over to Maji, hacking once, twice at the black dragonborn, the expertly wielded blade carving deep into the druid, dropping him bleeding the sand.

Yertak, two swings on Maji: 1D20+5+1D4 = [19]+5+[2] = 26
2D8+3 = [8, 6]+3 = 17
1D20+5+1D4 = [14]+5+[3] = 22
2D8+3 = [5, 3]+3 = 11


((Ouch... 27 in one round is nasty.))

He grins and looks over his shoulder at Randy.

The last of the guard orcs runs up the ramp, only to take a bolt from Tess in the neck as he topples backwards.

Image

Dornikal and Galt both hold attacks for Korgal, the determined half orc moving next to his friend, ignoring his nudity and lack of armor for the moment.

The half orc swings as the war chief makes it to the top of the ramp, but misses.

Galt: Shortsword at : 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [8, 3]+7 = 10
1D6+5 = [2]+5 = MISS


Korgal swings back his greataxe to hack at the offending burnt dwarf...

Image

((Coljin, after completing your climb, you haven't spent an action to equip your shield, have you?))

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji (Dying)
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal ((Held action to attack Korgal))
Galt
Korgal <--------------<<
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14438
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

On her turn:

Nem scrambles 15 feet east, keeping behind the boulders as much as possible and CA hides. Then, she will load up a bolt and shoot korgal (? the guy next to the green circles):

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

Crossbow attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [2, 12]+4 = 16
Crossbow damage: 1D8+2D6+2 = [3]+[4, 4]+2 = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:04 pm

((Yeah, that's Korgal, big, hulking, chain mail and great axe. One by Maji is Yertak, chain, shield and longsword, by the mine entrance is an unknown shaman type, female, ring armor, shield, spear.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1371
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:18 pm

No. I don’t think I was able to ready shield while I was dashing to heal

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1698

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:19 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14925

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 am

The big orc avoids the jab, but twisting away from the spear's point throws off his first swing, the great axe whooshing past Dornikal. He reverses direction and catches the dwarf in the side, but it's only a glancing blow.

Korgal: First Attack on Dornikal: 1D20+6+1D4 = [5]+6+[2] = 13
1D12+4+1D8 = [11]+4+[8] = MISS

Korgal: Second Attack on Dornikal: 1D20+6+1D4 = [12]+6+[2] = 20
1D12+4+1D8 = [1]+4+[4] = 9


The ground rumbles and trembles under most of you above the mine entrance as Korgal bellows.

Randy pulls up and fires, his arrow finding the shaman, who clutches at the shaft and hisses in anger.

Tess scoots eastward, popping out from behind a rock to bury a bolt in Korgal. He seems utterly focused on the dwarf in front of him, and barely flinches as it punches through his chain mail.

Image
Image

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin <--------------<<
Maji (Dying:)
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply