The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 am

Randy finds a handy rock to set the manacles on. " I hope I don't ruin the blade edge." he mutters. He takes the unlit short sword, winds up and smacks the manacles.

Short sword to hit: 1d20+5 = [18] = 23

Damage: 1d6+3 = [5] = 8

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12194

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am

Ulmwin is watching with some interest from a relatively safe distance.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

Holger muses a bit over Tess' reaction and something she told him about a month ago which for some reason seems like years.

"Items are usually enchanted in a way that match their form. One can ponder why they are together like that even though they are bracelets. The chain is likely an indicator as well that these are likely just magical manacles where the "chain" can be removed to give outsiders an illusion of freedom.

The necklace might have been used to hide her real identity or something? It's transmutation at least. We can ask Tess if she wants to identify that afterwards."


I think Tess kept the ring for herself so far
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am

((If she could have got to the ring, she would have been very keen to keep it with her. Not secretly though. She hasn't touched the necklace as yet, but would have seen it. Does Nem recognise that at all? From the original description, it seems like she doesn't but she's had a little more time to sit and think now.

Actually, is the ghost making any particular positive or negative indications towards the necklace at all, or is she just dancing?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 am

Coljin watches the goings on, and nods when Dornikal speaks of it being an odd day, "Yes, I was thinking we could do a nice, non god specific funeral for her, speaking about how gods watch their followers and take them to the planes in the afterlife, and while we were doing that, since she was fond of dancing it seems, have our troupe play music and dance for her, while she is then buried, with dignity, within a blanket in the sands." He looks over at the others, "But it seems like other...things are going to get done first." He shrugs, "It should not matter, I guess, as long as we don't somehow offend her with our actions. But I do hope we can somehow calm the restless soul."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

(( As long as she's not a bloody fox spirit. I'd rather Randy didn't look like he got ran through an industrial shredder.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am

((Dornikal has no interest in the ring beyond it being a ring. He'd also be interested in inspecting the necklace but I missed that it was a necklace!))

"Aye, she looks to be enjoying herself which is better than most undead aye've run into. Don't know how long she's been here but aye'd like to get her on her way soon. Death is a natural thing and whatevers keeping her here needs to be undone."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Dornikal hands off the bracelets then backs up as Randy tries to destroy them. Ulmwin backs off even more. The ranger's shortsword hits them solidly, but they seem unmarred. He doesn't break his blade, at least.

Holger provides as much insight as he's able.

Tess and the woman dance across the sand, for the moment, both caught up in the dance. Eventually the dance winds down, and the woman approaches the remains once again. Reaching up, she undoes the necklace around her neck, holding out the softly jangling discs towards Tess, before nodding to indicate the necklace lying on the ground, then back to Tess.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 pm

"Hit it harder!"

Dornikal adds helpfully.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm

"A gift?" She asks.

"Or another chain?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:15 pm

She nods, then shakes her head.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Randy scowls at the notch in his blade. " There's an hour's work." He looks at the manacles. "I think we can safely say that it's either going to take a lot more brute force or we're going to have to get smart about it. I wish we had a forge available. We could try heating it white hot and then try cutting it with a chisel." He looks at Holger. "Magic fire might get further. Do you think you could hit it enough to degrade the spell protecting it? I'm willing to give it another whack if you can get it glowing."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Dornikal approaches,

"Aye think I could get a very primitive forge put together with what we have but do ye think it'd be worth it? Aye could also ask Dumathoin to grant me the strength to break'm, specially if ye think that's what's holding her here?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:11 pm

" It very well might be what's holding her here. If it bound her in life, it still might be binding her in death."

Randy decides to try an experiment. He tries reaching out with the planar warrior ability to see if there is something to grab onto in the manacles.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:31 pm

"Thank you. It's beautiful."

She sits next to the bones again and very gently, carefully, takes the necklace from around the neck.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

When Tess turns around, the necklace the woman removed from her neck is gone. She waits for you to place it around your neck, smiling encouragingly.

The boys debate magic item destruction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 pm

((oh man...))

She puts it on.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 am

Dornikal looks over his shoulder at Tess and the ghost while Randy gets a strained looked on his face.

Figuring maybe the ghost knows something he heads back over now that they are done dancing. He arrives after Tess has put the necklace on.

and says to Tess,

"Can ye ask her if we need to break those bracelets and the ring to send her on her way? Aye think Randy is gonna hurt himself trying so it'd be good to know we are doing the right thing?"

He smiles at the dancer, but very much wants to send her on her way.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 am

As Tess puts on the necklace, she feels a sense of confidence, joy and love. The woman holds out a hand towards Tess, palm and fingertips extended, as Dornikal approaches.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 am

Randy gives up on the planar warrior effect. " The good news is that there doesn't appear to be any life force attached to these things, so I don't think we'll hurt her no matter what we do to them. The bad news is we're still at square one trying to figure out how to break them."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12194

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:55 am

"Broadsword seems a bit silly to try and smash something with... No offence. Do we got a hammer?"

"Don't think that'd alone would be enough even still though, I admit. Start a fire, try and burn it..?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:58 am

((Dornikal's got a hammer and has offered to smack them with some radiant magic. That should break things? He just wandered off while Randy was doing his thing. If the ghost doesn't offer any advice he will smack the ring/manacles. Preferably both in rapid succession.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 am

Nem smiles and reaches her hand up to the ghost.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 am

((Sorry Lurks! Missed responding to your planar attempt, but your interpretation of my unintended silence was correct, there wouldn't have been anything you connected with.))

As your hands connect, she smiles again as, starting at her feet, her form crumbles slowly into sand, falling to the desert. You hear faint, joyous laughter carried on a breeze that stirs the falling sand.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:22 am

Dornikal just stands and watches, very pleased to see the ghost finding her peace.

"Dumathoin guide ye lass!"

Edited above.

Post Reply