The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

Randy nods. "Well, if you do think of something that I might be able to use, I could offer a trade, weapon for weapon." He pulls out the fireball gem and shows it to him briefly before stowing it safely again. "Builder magic."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Maji thinks about it for a very short period of time before nodding at the old man and giving him a thumbs up. He likes the idea of getting payed for transforming.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:05 am

Nem laughs at the reply.
"Fair enough! Fair enough! I was only curious! If the task is beyond me I'll happily leave it to you."
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 am

Dornikal perks up at the talk of trades.

"Aye got a bag of magic beans that aye guess can change the world. All sorts of research for that aye figure. Ye got anything to trade for them?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 am

"Yeh know yeh can't trust every seller that claims something to be builder magic just to charge yeh another ten percent..." he says dubiously.

"Might be yeh could do it, my dear, I'm assuming yeh've got some magic about yeh, or yeh'd not have asked. But it's not a take a ten minute lesson and knock it out overnight sort of process. Even the most basic enchantment would take days and days of dedicated work, and that's assuming yeh've got a solid plan of what to do."

"A bag of magic beans? Yeh trade yer mother's milk cow for them! Heehahaaa!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:58 am

Ulmwin snickers slightly as the dwarf seems skeptical about both of the magic items. "Wouldn't be quite as dismissive..! The first one we found ourselves as well, and given where, it seems quite genuine... The second... A bit more dubious, maybe, but an identification ritual said they should be real, yes. Unless the miss is having some fun with us." he states, pointing a thumb at Tess for a moment.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:00 am

Dornikal fishes out the beans from pack and holds them up.

"Tore'm out of a giant three headed snake with snakes for eyes. Didn't see any milkcows."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 am

Maji writes down on his board. How much pay? Willing to do, but want know amount.

(I think you missed what I put earlier, but it's fine)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 am "Yeh know yeh can't trust every seller that claims something to be builder magic just to charge yeh another ten percent..." he says dubiously.
Randy shrugs. "We collected it directly from a ruined Builder stronghold that was infested with blights. Seems to have been an armory for some war they were involved with. The monks from Circle Vale are currently studying the site. Wish I still had the imaging gem we found. Seems to have had the plans or instructions for a giant stone or metal gollum of some sort. Ulmwin and I worked on it for a while, but we never did crack the directory. It's an old gnomish dialect that doesn't seem to exist anymore."
"But the monks told us what these weapons do. The one I have has a powerful fireball spell on it, about a 30 ft. radius. Thing is, you can only carry a couple of these things because they start interfering with each other. The other one I carried summoned a burning halberd. The magic fire burned out after a few minutes, but Galt still has the halberd."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Kreldoran seems suitably impressed, and less dubious than before. "So... yeh've handled blights, builder ruins, some sort of snake monster AND a mummy and only managed to pick up a bit of curse? I had hoped that moving my tower here would help find folks that did be capable enough, but yeh lot seem to be more than a match for most anything yeh've faced!"

((Maji, I saw, but he's realizing that there are more immediate concerns than studying your druid abilities. He nods happily.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 pm

"So what would ye be willing to trade for world changing magic beans torn from the insides of a monster snake? Other than a milkcow, and if possible that could help us complete yer mission."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:39 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 pm Kreldoran seems suitably impressed, and less dubious than before. "So... yeh've handled blights, builder ruins, some sort of snake monster AND a mummy and only managed to pick up a bit of curse? I had hoped that moving my tower here would help find folks that did be capable enough, but yeh lot seem to be more than a match for most anything yeh've faced!"
Randy gives a little bit of a grin. "Also giant vultures, giant lizards, bandits, orcs, assorted zombies and skeletons, a vrock, and a couple of dragon kin (although that came out more of a draw). Your desert is a dangerous place." He shakes his head. " We work well together as a team, so we've been able to handle a lot. And I'll admit we've been lucky some. But mainly it's we watch out for each other."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:56 pm

"Can I see the beans?"

He takes them to a workbench and makes a quick study of them.

"Fascinating. In exchange for the beans, I'll provide what items I can that you were looking for... something to move those dwarven legs, something to make the little miss be able apply magic to her crossbow... perhaps something for the budding scholar's sword? I think the dragon-cat wanted some sort of saddle... I'll have to see what I might have that would work. How about you gnomish folks? Tall guy?"

"You guys have a team name then?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:17 pm

"Dumathoin's Hammer? Dumathoin's Hand? Warriors of Dumathoin?"

Dornikal offers quickly and helpfully.

"Also rather the potion come from the de-cursing money aye don't need. Ye got any nice unworked stones?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:38 pm

"Yer fellows seem a bit less sure of those names... Decursing money? That potion do be worth more than the casting of a curse removal. I'm sure I've got stones about somewhere, I don't keep them in my robes."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Maji gives a slight snicker at Dornikal's suggestions, shaking his head slightly at each one. He suddenly realizes something and gives a frown. He writes for mostly for the old man but shows the others as well. If leave soon, mean no meet desert Dragon tribe.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Nem laughs again and places her hand on Dornikal's shoulder.

"Our group is currently unaffiliated.

We have been on the road together long enough now that we probably should name our our band of overly curious, story-seeking renegades."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm

"I don't think we ever settled on a name proper, though there's been the occasional talk of it... I've proposed Ulmwin the great and company a couple times, but people don't seem to like it for some reason." he says with a slight snicker.

"We'll have to cut that knot some day if I'm ever to put it in proper song, but it's probably not going to be today. If you must know what I'd like as a gift... Give me a couple moments, will ya? I'm thinking maybe a similar enchantment or whatever you have planned for a crossbow might work for me as well, but I've already got other magic should it come to that, really. Maybe something that could help with languages, if you think that'd be possible..? I already can understand many with the help of some magic, but that usually takes time, and I can't speak it."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Randy looks amused by the suggestions, but doesn't otherwise comment.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 pm

“Well, I wasn’t going to ask for what I’d prefer for payment until we get back, but” Coljin smiles at the dwarf, “I could really use some magical item or training that would increase my nimbleness.”

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Maji starts writing off various suggestions on his board, putting a few down as jokes. He wipes off the board multiple times, after everyone sees.

Magical Misfits
Strait and Narrow
Weaponized Choas
Beast Breakfast
Dragon's Claw
Blandites
Mules and Co.
Radical Ruffs
Black Stallion
Lucky Lunch

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Nem hoots with laughter.

"Well I vote for Mules and co.! Seems appropriate given the stubbornness of most of us!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:30 pm

"Desert dragon tribe? Who do you mean?"

"Help with languages, yeh say? Hmmm... did I use that? I'll have to check, but I might have something of the sort. Temporary, but would let yeh understand and let others understand yeh."

"Nimble, eh? I'll have a think on it and see if there's something that can be done."

"Heh! If yeh haven't settled on one, that's fine, was just wondering if there is something I ought to be calling the collective bunch of yeh. If yeh'd rather spend the day inside than out, we can go fetch the rest of yer folk and have an evening... or morning meal. I tend to keep night hours when I'm doing sky research, but I'm getting tired. Fergus makes proper tea, and bakes a decent scone, but outside of baking, his cooking leaves much to be desired."

The tea service rattles.

"Oh, hush, yeh know I'm only speaking truth. I've got a bit of rice and beans... not the magical kind... that I can cook up, but wasn't expecting a whole lot of yeh, and to be honest, I'm only a few winks better than Fergus. If yeh've stores of yer own, yer welcome to use the kitchens, and I've room to house yer beasties and wagons. Unless there are any other questions, if we do be agreed that yer planning on undertaking this job for me, it would probably be best to confer with yer friends?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Szartha said Dragonborn tribe near. Only couple day away.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:33 am

Dornikal nods to the elder,

"Ah, then aye'm happy with the potion an' a few stones to work - an' the name of yer glass worker. Aye can go and get the others, aye'm sure they'd rather sleep inside away from the heat."

He looks up at Tess,

"Never to late or early to get affiliated lass!"