Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:06 pm

Jolly picks himself up from the ground and hefts his shield and trudges down the stairs, clearly not expecting much.

Down below Kroshov holds his shield up and lights the wide hallway with a turn to the right. Not much can be seen of the way to the right without going further in.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Ves keeps near the front, moving slowly and cautiously, if not particularly quietly as she keeps talking.

"Joe? You recognise these ruins? Anything we should know? ...What was this place...?"

Perception as they walk:
1d20+3 = [10] = 13

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:00 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Lurn heads down the stairs with the others, glancing at the secret passage and heading in, "I feel like it's nothing good, at the very least."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm

"At least there's no more bones..."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 pm

“The undead might not have known about this hidden area”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:57 pm

"Any idea whose this was before?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 pm

"Or maybe they didn't leave any of their pieces behind in this hall."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:51 am

Joe's looks around the large room and then into the hallway. She doesn't know who built it but just judging by the height it was made to accommodate human sized creatures but the fact that it is still in such good shape despite a lack of care implies it was probably built by creatures with a longer perspective than humans. It is superficially similar to the temple of Pelor and was almost certainly a place of worship. The original use of this room eludes her however.

Ves walks and talks her way over to the turn. The connecting hall heads north beyond her sight but the is a hallway or alcoves heading east and west after 40 ft. She doesn't see any markings or decorations on the walls.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:51 am

”Ah cannae say fer sure what this place is fer.”

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 am

Since the building above was what seemed like a temple, doe Lurn know anything about secret temple passageways? Maybe places that would be used for protecting artifacts, or secret rites?
(Either History or Religion, I guess, but it's the same modifier regardless): 1d20-1 = [4] = 3
The answer is no! Lurn knows nothing!

"It's under a temple, so, uh... Bedrooms? Maybe? Priests need a place to sleep?"
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:57 am

"Joe, do you think we should be going a bit slower and have me checking for traps, or not needed as this was probably a temple?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:11 am

Lurn is unsure why a church would have a hidden basement...until he remembers wine. This was probably where they kept their precious, precious wine.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:33 am

Ves checks the alcoves to either side (left then right) then moves on and looks down each of the corridors at the end. She has no reason to be worried about traps until Jaq mentions it...

"Traps? Like, snares? Not down here. There's nothing to catch."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:03 am

"Nope, like people traps. Stone that when stepped on causes poison darts to fly out, or pitfalls...and other such nonsense. Hidden areas often mean traps in ruins."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:13 am

At the intersection she sees a closed stone looking door to the right a few feet back with a nasty look symbol she doesn't recognize and to the left she sees an open door frame into a deeper room. She can't make out specifics at the back of the room but is clearly has a pile things in it, some which reflect the faint light from Kroshav's shield.

Further down the main hallway she still doesn't see its end or any other branching paths (within 90 ft).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 am

"What, really? Maybe you'd better lead the way down here then. Also, there's a nasty looking symbol over there and a door over there. Corridor keeps going otherwise.

She points at everything.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 am

Kroshav makes sure not to touch anything he's not told to touch.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 am

((does Ves recognise the symbol?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

Rodgeir wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:13 am a nasty look symbol she doesn't recognize

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:09 am

Kroshav agrees it looks nasty.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 am

Jaq will take a closer look at the door and also check it and the floor in front of it for traps.
Perception: 1d20+2 = [14] = 16

"Lurn, this symbol might be nothing but decoration, but it might be some sort of clerical magic ward. Can you take a look?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:58 am

Jaq looks at the mark and door but doesn't see anything that would indicate traps. There is a slightly rusted metal drop bar in place but it looks like it's been used in the not too distant past. The mark gives Jaq a chill and maybe resembles those behind the altar but not quite? Hard to say.

The floor in front of the door is solid, smooth stone.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am

"I don't see any traps in the floor area or on the door other than maybe the symbol itself being magical or something maybe...that part is beyond me. It does look like the drop bar has been used recently. Maybe we should just ignore this door for the moment unless Lurn knows something about the symbol. Can anyone deduce if it is magical?"

After they look at the symbol, unless something definite is figured out, Jaq recommends leaving the door be for a bit and instead checking out the large room with the piles of stuff.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am

"I don't know what it says but I don't like it."