The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7394

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:08 am

Holger does what he can to catch up to the others after a quick dinner.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 am

You meet up with them back at the inn. Dornikal, Tess, and Gordon are not in the common room.

Zokk has managed to fit in again, but is probably going to have to 'sleep' outside...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6560
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:31 am

Randy fills in Holger on the situation with the sword.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16971
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm

"Neeeeed taaaaalk aaaaaall uuuuuncleee's Maaaajiii friiiieeends."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7394

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:39 pm

"Shouldn't be a problem, I brought all my stuff except for the tent in case we decided not to go back to the desert and haven't managed to spend all the gold we've gotten yet. How much do you need? If he has a couple of handaxes, maybe grab them as well? I Feel like trying something different from my daggers."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:11 pm

((Mechanically, handaxes use STR, so you'd be at the same average damage (5.5 on a range of 3-8 rather than 4-7), but with an attack roll modifier of +4 instead of +5.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6560
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 am

Theis2 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:39 pm
"Shouldn't be a problem, I brought all my stuff except for the tent in case we decided not to go back to the desert and haven't managed to spend all the gold we've gotten yet. How much do you need? If he has a couple of handaxes, maybe grab them as well? I Feel like trying something different from my daggers."
"The smith is asking for 1025 gold or equivalent. I have about 808 total, but I need a little to live on, so call my contribution 758 gp and equivalent. Maj had about 360 gold saved away. So we could meet the cost from his share and still have some left over. In fact, we could use his share as the start of a community fund/war chest for this kind of thing. I would be willing to consider the money a loan and pay it back. Maybe even contribute to it regularly if everyone is agreeable. We could save up funds for some of the more expensive purchases. Maybe even a castle, eventually. " Randy says jokingly.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:18 am

((Since it seems there is enough consensus, you can figure out the particulars OOC, I'll get something for Tess and we can move on to morning.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 am

After poking around in the basement for a bit, Tess finds a folded bit of wrinkled paper with the symbol she gave the kids marked on it. Opening it, she reads, in a labored hand:
► Show Spoiler

((Unless Tess wants to go getting into trouble all alone at night, I'll assume she returns to the inn and you all get some sleep and it's now morning.))

Gordon, you wake up with a momentary bit of panic, unsure of where you are, ravenously hungry, and feeling a bit stronger than yesterday, but still weak and unsteady. Familiar faces of the last few days surround you at least, so that's good.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5044

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 am

((Is it morning? Or did Gordon just startle awake?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 am

((It's morning, but having gone to bed early, Gordon is the first to wake.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8973
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:24 am

Gordon gets out of bed, removes his clothes and begins to go through a series of stretches and then begins to "work out".

(He would be the kind that typically goes to sleep in the buff)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am

Well... those of you sharing a room with Gordon wake to find the atrophied, hairless gnome doing some feeble calisthenics while completely naked.

((Tempted to ask for a CON/WIS save... :lol: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6560
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Randy will get up like normal, collect the cash from the general fund, go down and eat a quick breakfast of tea, oats, and an egg. He'll then head out to the smith's place to get the sword.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5044

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 am

(( If Dornikal was ever informed of the plan he would have suggested trading the spear as well and getting the other sword too. He would contribute whatever he had to make that possible, but most of his assets are in the desert still.))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6560
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 am

(( I don't think Randy has been exactly secret about it. However, the smith did give him the impression that s/he was being particular about who they would sell to. Randy would respect that. He would be willing to give an introduction, but then it would be up to Dornikal to convince the smith to sell to him. ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am

((Let's assume the two of you have talked, and Dornikal made that proposal. Randy, you can give me an Insight check as you reflect back in your conversation with Tell and see if you think they'd be ok with selling you both. They also expressed an interest in the flaming sword as novelty display piece... Of course, it's not their work, but it is a well made blade. And with the 🔥, can't really critique the original smith's work. :) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8973
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:35 am

As he finishes stretching and some light exercise, Gordon looks around for some water or something like a bath in which to bath himself. (He'll go for the wet rag wipe down method if he can't find anything else)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5044

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 am

((Dornikal wouldn't have tagged along unless asked. He would only have handed over the spear to Randy for trading, if possible.))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16971
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:08 am

Zokk, who is rooted outside of the in, waves at Randy as he leaves ”Heeeellooo friiieeend Raaandyyy! Wheeereee oootheeer friiieeends?”

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 pm

((I meant Randy and Dornikal talked, and you mentioned the spear to him. Lurks said he might be away for a bit, so go ahead and roll a d20 for me Rodgeir.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5044

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:15 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 pm

((You were rolling for his Insight.))

Randy doesn't have a good read on if Tell would be willing up sell him both if he intends to give the other away. Dwarves didn't come up, so he has no real insight on whether bringing you along and introducing you would help or hurt. He could take the spear though, and if they're willing, try to make the exchange, or at least have them evaluate it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6560
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:57 pm

Randy somewhat doubtfully takes the spear with him, with the intention of asking about it's trade value for the short sword.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Randy trots south of the city, the ringing of hammer on anvil sounding as he nears the forge. Tell and the apprentices are scurrying about, working on whatever it is they are doing. They acknowledge you, but keep toiling away at what you see is taking the shape of a section of armor. As it is set aside to cool, they send the apprentices to haul some water, and wipe their hands on a rag, before finding a somewhat cleaner one to wipe sweat from their face.

"Morning! Good to see you back. Still interested in one of those blades?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply