The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:11 pm

They seem very serious. One of them is carrying a flat wooden case.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Randy tries to listen in on their conversation.
Perception:1d20+3 = [16] = 19

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

((Did you join Zokk? Give me another Stealth, +10 if you're near them.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Stealth +Pw/oTrc: 1d20+5+10 = [14] = 29

Randy essentially goes into ghost mode.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:01 pm

Man 1: "...many?"
Man 2: "Dunno, Misser Gibbs saw someone juggling knives all threatening like, wanted summa us on hand."
Man 1: "As long as we're getting paid extra..."

They climb in and take if, the carriage creaking as it heads back the way it came.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm

(( Ahh. Oops. ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17157
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:12 pm

(How far away is the carriage from them?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 pm

((30ft and increasing...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17157
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Zokk looks at Randy to see what he wants to do.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Randy nods and jerks his head after the carriage and starts after it.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:00 pm

((Theis, you doing anything with the housekeeper before the carriage and the boys return?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17157
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:12 pm

Zokk chases the carriage.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:21 pm

The odd, focus defying blur of shadow flits after the carriage, unnoticed by the driver or the other people moving about the street, other than the brief darkening around them as Zokk passes, or the stirring of the wind.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 am

Randy indicates that he and Zokk should go right up next to window on the back.

Once there Randy gives a quick listen and inspects the window.
perception:1d20+3 = [9] = 12
inspection:1d20+1 = [12] = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:15 am

((Of Pembleton's home? Waiting to see if Holger is going to murder the housekeeper or something before you get back.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17157
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:07 am

Zokk goes up tp the window for a listen. Per [1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5432

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am

Pleased with the inspiration Dumathoin granted him he heads downstairs to get some food, preferably something spicy and not seafood or fish. He will also grab Gordon some food following his understanding of the diet Randy and he discussed earlier in the day - watered beer, plain brown bread, butter, boiled and salted goat or sheep meat and some vegetables, raw or steamed.

((What was the final value of the gem once worked so I can record it before I forget it? 37 gp? Not sure what impact the gem's rarity to the east will have on the price?

Everything look the same downstairs? No watchers in the corner?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 am

((Give me a Perception?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5432

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13473

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:41 am

((Can I have Ulmwin look about as well given that he stayed back as well? :shifty: ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 am

Dornikal finds suitable food for Gordon, and a for himself, either awhole smoked chicken dish with butter and spices stuffed under the skin before cooking, or a platter of sausages of three different spice levels.

All told, it'll be two and a half silver.

((37 gold, and in 5e gems are pretty consistently valued by default.))

((Sure, is Ulmwin just hanging out in the common room keeping watch?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13473

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 am

(Yeah, just lounging in the common area for now)

Perception: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:26 am

Ulmwin scans the room, most of the late afternoon patrons are keeping to themselves, eating or drinking. He does notice a fellow of to one side who had a drink in front of himself, but doesn't seem to be touching it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18864

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:07 pm

The housekeeper totters up the street away from the house.

Shortly, the carriage returns, and the men get out, walking towards the home with their heads swiveling to look around them. The driver waits atop the carriage, while the others enter the house. Zokk and Randy arrive, shrouded in shadows that don't want to be looked at, and approach the back of Pembleton's home, crossing a short yard to reach the back window. Zokk isn't able to make out much of anything, but Randy notes that the window is latched, and can hear a voice, likely belonging to Pembleton's bodyguard type fellow, who is instructing the new arrivals to clear out any onlookers, and keep watch for anyone acting shady.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6736
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Randy pulls the Horn of silent alarm and concentrating on Tess and then Holger gives a couple of short blasts.

Post Reply