Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 am

"Threatened you? That must have been a worrying experience, it's good that he didn't. So, what did he look like? Any distinguishing features?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am

"Nah, didn't make out much. Just his voice and him slinking round."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

intimidation: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

Cary's time digging up background seems to have worked...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 pm

"Hm, that's unfortunate... Though, why were you over there? It's fortunate you had some business bringing you so close, if you could only see a vague shape from close enough to question him without waking others."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Jaq will continue to hang back unless called over by Kroshav or Lurn.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 am

"Had to piss. When they threatened me I hightailed it back to here."

He turns to one the soldiers and tries, badly, to describe the voice he heard.
---
The dwarven woman appears to be utterly shocked at Cary's berating. She responds, lacking all the attitude she had before,

"Aye...aye wasn't lying bout what aye was doing. Aye truly was just sleeping. Since aye had meh run in with that woman aye stayed clear. They didn't want to arrest meh or her, and they didn't seem to believe either of us. Aye know better an at hit cold iron."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 am

Kroshav heads over to the place indicated, just to take a look around or see if he gets threatened.

((Since Jaq didn't say anything to him about the guy, his first instinct would be to look around for the 'thief'.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 am

((Was the area remotely plausible to have been in the direction of the latrines?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 am

Kroshav spots a pair of individuals near the indicated area that still haven't woken, despite the hubbub.

((The latrine situation appears to be '50' into the woods', which from the position the man is claiming to be from is possible.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 am

Kroshav makes sure they they are breathing, but doesn't try to wake them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:15 am

Both are breathing, one is snoring and flatulent.

As it becomes evident there is no immediate danger most people go back to their respective sites but several remain near the soldiers and the man (and Lurn?) demanding to know what they, the soldiers, are going to do.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:35 am

Kroshav heads back to Lurn with a shrug.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:35 pm

"So... You don't really have anything helpful to add. That's unfortunate. Now, I did see someone moving about the camps very clearly - my eyes are very good, so maybe you wouldn't have been able to see so well - and sent a companion over to check whether the person in question was a drunk looking for the latrines very poorly, or was a thief we needed to deal with. Let's call him over and find out if he saw anything before you started shouting."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 am

The soldiers turn to look at Lurn and the man nods, perhaps a bit shaky,

"Ya, that'd be great."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:26 am

Lurn turns and calls toward the small group's camp, "Jaq, did you see anything that would help identify the thief?"
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:34 am

Jaq heads on over. "Yep, their was a man sneaking into tents in the dark, though I could not see what he did once he went into the tents." He points out the tent where he saw the man go inside.
"Then later, he seemed to get spooked and threw a bag of something into that tent. Maybe it is the stolen goods people are talking about." (so much for Jaq not getting involved with the soldiers/gaurds)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:52 am

Kroshav will move towards the tent, peeking in to see if it's occupied.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:52 am

(Only way to draw this forward, and Lurn has no doubts people will believe the words of a religious servants like himself or Kroshav.)
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:11 am

(I understand why Lurn and Kroshav would do what they do, but Jaq is gonna be reluctant anyhow)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:36 am

((Yeah, without the advance notice that the guy who sounded the alarm was shady, Kroshav is looking for someone hiding in shadows that was the thief.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Cary nods..."Yes...an understandable path...and it would be frustrating that it did not work...So let us work to clear the matter and your namee...First, I would like a more detailed explanation of your meetings with the woman, all of them...I have heard some of it through others but wish to weight your words directly so we" she indicates the three of the investigators "can find the path to the real killer."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:44 pm

The soldiers turn from Lurn to Jaq and the back to the man. One soldier steps away to check along with Kroshav inside the tent. The find a bag tossed, haphazardly, near a man sleeping deeply. The man doesn't react to either Kroshav or the soldier despite a minor attempt to rouse him. He mutters something and rolls over so the soldier grabs the bag, opens it and moves back to the others. It has the clink of coin to Kroshav's ear.

While that is happening the soldier in charge asks, with a mildly irritated tone,

"So, you three all saw the same person sneaking around but only he," the soldier nods towards the half-elf, "tried to stop it? What were you other two waiting for?"

The soldier with the bag shows it's contents to the other soldiers and they all nod.
----
((Ghram wouldn't have followed you in unless you requested it, she and he are not on good terms.))

"Name's Opal and aye only ever met that woman the once, when she tried to rob me. Just leaned over and tried to make a snatch. Catch her, had a bit of a tussle 'fore the soldiers got there. Ain't had a slag's worth of contact with her since or before. Can't say aye'm sorry she's dead but aye didn't have anything to do with it."

((Insight with advantage from Cary, flat from Joe.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Kroshav mutters to Jaq, "I can't do that 'everyone tell the truth' spell until the morning."

((I kind of like the idea of Kroshav referring to all his spells with a description of what the do... between casting everyone tell the truth and I'd like a girl horse not named Charlie, he's tapped out until tomorrow. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 pm

insight [1d20] = 5 Joe believes her 100%

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Lurn frowns at the disgruntled soldier, "As I said, we were confirming the situation. Are we to start yelling and declaring someone a thief because they couldn't find the latrines and looked suspicious? Since my friend confirmed they were suspicious, I imagine he was either preparing to act or on the way back to get me, so that we could apprehend the thief, rather than just yelling and letting him escape. What good has been achieved here, hm? The thief ditched their spoils, but is unidentified; they'll just do it again. Next time I see someone suspicious moving about, shall I take no time to confirm the situation and simply smite him? My Lord would abhor such baseless violence."
My game:

My characters: