Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13903
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm

((I forgot about that completely. And so did Lurn, probably. He's not much of an equipment guy.))

Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:14 am

Lurn hears something quietly being said and the an equally quiet response. There is a pause and then the faint sounds of things moving away, slowly at first and then more quickly.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 am

((To be clear, they are not gone but they sound like they are going. They are all still sneaky enough that only Lurn hears that.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20609

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:47 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20609

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:03 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13903
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:59 pm

"They seem to be moving away... Maybe just taking a distance because they don't feel safe? Oooor maybe going to get others. We should probably keep moving in case more come back."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 pm

((Anyone else want to do anything or you all going to move on until you need to make camp, which is not in the too distant future unless you want to make some lights?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20609

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 pm

((If it seems that they are moving off, Kroshav is good to move on, eventually to camp.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3088
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Nothing else for Jaq. He is hoping it was just goblins.
He will rejoin the others and help looking for a quick trip to a new campsite for the night.

"Yes, Lurn, let's move quickly to a new spot and hope for an uneventful night."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:29 am

The party move on, keeping the Cut on their right as they go, until it become too dark to travel without additional light. The evening is quiet and cold but nothing disturbs you before you call it a night.

((Watches? Is Joe making the hut? If you are having watches can you give me your watch order and roll me a perception.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20609

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 am

Kroshav will take the dawn watch.

((Realizing he's down a tent now, yes?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3088
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 am

Jaq will take the first few watches, then plan on trancing during the last 4 hours before dawn. He will do the watch while stealthed near some what he reasons are some nicely bunched trees and bushes if he needs cover.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

Stealth with advantage from cloak: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [1, 8]+11 = 19

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 am

((Unless Kroshav took Gapa and Gethren's tent? It was in perfect shape and no one else claimed it before they left.

3rd watch left, the last bit of the wee hours watch. Anyone on that? No NPCs to hop in anymore.))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 523

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Joe will make the hut, yes and allows anyone in that wants to.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20609

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 pm

((Kroshav will have taken their tent, had the magic folks check it over for nasty traps and be camping in that near the horses.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13903
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Lurn can take the last open watch. Hopefully his hearing can compensate for the darkness. The hut should have room for him now, without the NPCs, so he'll be in there.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:11 am

((Can I get a perception check for Lurn's watch please))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13903
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:19 am

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 am

As the sun sets and everyone huddles against the chill in their tents or sits pleasantly warm in their tiny but Jaq takes the first watches. Jaq, wrapping his cloak around him, slides into a patch of brush near the camp and remains nearly motionless and alert.

The first hour passes without anything of note but during the second hour something large trundles near the camp. It doesn't seem to care that it is making quite a lot of noise as it moves, going through rather than around bushes. As it gets nearer Jaq hears snuggling and crunching noises and can just barely make out what looks to be a spike covered bear. It's tapered noise twitches in the air in the direction of the camp before turning and moving west, away from the camp and the Cut.

The third hour is uneventful until near it's end. Jaq sees a small figure moving through the trees towards the camp from the southwest, clearly trying to be stealthy. Whatever stealth the first figure he spotted has is lost as an additional three move behind it, these looking to be more heavily burdened. All are moving cautiously, but steadily towards the camp and are around 60' from it now.

((What Jaq doing? You can also roll a nature on the creature if you'd like.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3088
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 am

Nature check.: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
Jaq attempts to figure out what was up with that strange creature.

Does Jaq recognize what these 4 little creatures are? Can he tell what they are carrying that is burdening them?

Perception: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 am

It looked kinda like a big porcupine, but not?

((Keeping your 20 roll from before, they just ate going to get about 15' closer))

As they move closer Jaq can determine that they are goblins and some have large, for them, bags.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3088
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:55 pm

From hiding he states in common, "Welcome my friends, have you come to trade with us?" He states this in a normal volume, so possibly the others in the hut or Kroshav might here him, though he is not too concerned at this time.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7175

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm

The figures stop and start looking around and whispering in goblin. A much closer voice, slightly behind where Jaq is hiding loud-whispers,

"Who is?"

Jaq can't place where the voice is coming from exactly...

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3088
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 pm

"We have traded with goblins and others before, I am Jaq, and you are??" as he tries to figure out where this also well hidden person is. "Kroshav, Eulu, we have visitors." he says more loudly.

Post Reply