Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:22 pm

If by fair amount you mean the whole book, you don't need to do that, if you click on the book, you can buy only the race for $1.99.

Or could dummy up a race as a place holder, but don't have the same functionality then.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:23 pm

Oh, buying just the race is quite a bit cheaper, then. Still, though, I'm unemployed at the moment, and money's tight, so I'm cutting out every expense I can and following through on a suggestion I saw a staff member make; Use the homebrew tools to build the stuff for personal use. Takes a bit of time and it's not perfect (I can't work out how to have it automatically account for racial stat bonuses, so have to do that manually), but it works.

I've also had to "Homebrew" the Grave domain and some spells. The only Cleric subclass that's available by default is Life domain. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:51 am

I'm not 100% sure, but it may be possible to 'trade' characters, but I'm not sure if it works player to player the way it works DM to player. I have the firbolg race unlocked, don't recall if I've got grave though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:11 am

I'm pretty sure you can share content in campaigns even if you're not a DM. Someone did in another campaign we're in, though I don't remember which one?

I have no content to share...

Either way campaign link!: https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/25029902358493109

I'll make up a game thread and summary post to cover what has happened so far...sometime. Maybe next week?

Shoot me a message and I'll add you to the OOC!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:25 am

Someone with the content would have to have the higher tier subscription to be able to share. But I think there might be a way for someone with content to make a character, then for that character to be transferred to someone else.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Well, regardless, with the power of homebrew I've managed to replicate almost everything. The only thing that doesn't seem perfect is that I can't work out how to get Toll the Dead to actually have damage.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:23 am

In the forum, you'd typically be rolling there than using the game log to roll from your sheet, so shouldn't be a problem.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 am

Yep, a non-issue in the forums.

Your name still Dlover there? I can add you to the OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:22 am

It's Foreverhound over there, same account I used to sign up Lurn for the game.
My game:

My characters: