Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm

"Ah! Ow. Ow. My eyes. That was a mean trick..." Jasper says, staggering for far longer then the actual 6 seconds after which he can properly see again.

"Anyways... I'm pretty sure we both have spells we could exchange, no? I'd always love to learn more. Even if I am somewhat pathetic in illusion and necromancy..."

Also, the selected spells for today:

0:
-Light
-Prestidigation
-Ray of frost
Bonus: Acid splash
1:
-Mage armor
-charm person
Bonus:Summon monster I

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:02 pm

" Ah, perhaps later when we figure out whats going on.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Morgan finally gets free of the net and is handed it afterwards.
ÔÇØI guess itÔÇÖs yours.ÔÇØ
"Thanks for the help Larry! No worries about anything, as long as all my stuff's still here then I'm good to go! Where's home to all of you then? I could definitely do with a warm fire and a good drink. Care to join and fill me and the rest of us drowned rats in on the local life?
ÔÇØI.. I can do that but I really have to work now, we have to go before dusk. The guy on the rock deals with any survivors we find.ÔÇØ
Morgan eyes Larry as he walks away, and he seems like a strong guy about a year or two younger than her. He is very tanned from working outside but definitely used to work on land. She also notice four parallel scars on his left upper arm with about 1 cm between them.

"... Thank you."
"...and they don't even stop to help the hurt or bury the dead..."
"You hold onto that cloak for now, I've got something to take care of."
As Ala turns her back to the man he quickly responds to her.
ÔÇØHey! DonÔÇÖt touch the bodies that WILL cause trouble for our village! We got to dusk before we have to get the hell away from the beach leaving anything behind we donÔÇÖt have time to salvage.ÔÇØ

"Who is the boss here? I want to ask him some questions" Beleak says.
The guy on the rock responds with ÔÇØI amÔÇØ
"Hello, I'm Beleak. I am a survivor from the ship and would like to know what happened to the ship and if you know where are we? Is that an island or a continent?
Also, If I can be of your service in helping gathering survivors and such I would like to do so. I'm a scout from an elvish army and I'm sure my skills can be useful in this kind of missions.

ÔÇØ I donÔÇÖt know what happened but pretty sure it was a storm, and we are on a large islÔÇØ
He gets interrupted by CranberryÔÇÖs shouting and rubs his ball head in what seems like frustration.

" You should not be here. This is our wrecked home and we will bury it. Begone.
The man on the rock shouts at Cranberry ÔÇØIf youÔÇÖve been on the ocean old man then you would never be able to call this your home as much as we can, so let my men handle their business please! And donÔÇÖt move the bodies around! The green kin will go nuts!

Excuse me, but it seems to me that we ought to find some sort of shelter... Frankly we might want to stick together, seeing as I have no fancies about finding out what those people will pilfer once they're done with the wreckage.
Sandro raises his voice to address the man on the rock: Is there by any chance a village, or a tavern arround here? A trading post perhaps?
ÔÇØWe got a village a bit from here, we can take you with us when leave in..ÔÇØ He looks to sky in the direction of the sun. ÔÇØIn a couple of moments actually we just got to load the last couple of things on the wagon.ÔÇØ

euhm what's the problem little bro ?
The little boy remains silent but the guy on the rock sighs before he responds.
ÔÇØYou look very much like one of those fire worshippers in the west. They donÔÇÖt think twice about sacrificing anyone to the fire from what IÔÇÖve heard.ÔÇØ

The men near Jasper and cranberry smiles a bit watching how Jasper got tricked, but quickly put the final stuff in various crates and starts carrying the crates towards the man on the rock. One of them mumbles "You better come with us to the village or just leave the area unless you rather want to be considered and easy meal for about 40 green kins."
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Cranberry listens to them but doesn't quite understand what their talking about. What are green kin? He turns to Ala and Jesper, the only two people to make friendly contact with him, to see what they do and follow their lead.
Last edited by Jacon on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Morgan nods to herself over the information Larry's shared, wondering if the scars are from the "green kin" that she hears some of the other locals talking about.

Morgan searches the general area to see if any more of her belongings (or anything else generally useful) is still around. She'll gather up anything she finds, but otherwise she scoops up Rhubarb and trots over to where the man on the rock is, and will follow them back to their village. If all the men walk together, she'll walk with Larry to ask him about more local information as he looks like a sensible sort, if on the shy side.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 pm

"Green kins? Goblins you mean?" Jasper says, jumping on one of the carts to accompany them on their ride to the village.

"You mean...Goblins? Or a similar humanoid? I guess I understand now... They claim most of the land over there as their own, no? Yes, I probably wouldn't want to mess with that either."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 am

Ala suppresses a surge of anger as the man calls her back, but stops approaching the bodies.

"All right, look. So far, today has been a pretty shit day for most of us I'd imagine. By the will of the gods, the few of us here have survived, but it was no thanks to you or your people who seem to be far more interested in robbing treasures and trinkets from the dead that helping anyone who might still be alive out there! AND you're telling us that not only can we not even offer them a decent burial but that you expect us to leave them in the hands of these Green Kin?"

Ala takes a deep breath to try and calm herself.

"I'm sorry... It's been a rough day. But I think you need to explain what the hell is going on here."

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:38 am

((this is assuming that Morgan will have done her search or not and then made it over to the rock with the man...))

Morgan glances at her fellow survivor, recognizing the girl from the boat they shared together. She's rather haughty for being somewhere unknown. Morgan remembers introducing herself to the girl... who's name was Ala, wasn't it? and that Morgan had had no real use for her while they were on the ship. Of all the people to survive....

"People die, Ala. It's the way of life, especially on the sea. We all end up in the same place eventually, so if the locals here say it's not a good idea to stay? I'm certainly not going to stay. We're strangers here, and we're lucky to have had some people find us, even if they ARE scavengers!"

Rhubarb interupts her to squeak and chatter, as if agreeing with Morgan's assessment. Morgan pats the otter on the head and hushes him, trying to stop him squirming in her arms. The otter refuses to stop, so Morgan struggles to reach back with one arm to open her backpack; the otter knows the drill and crawls over her shoulder to slide in. His head pops out to stare at Ala, but he quiets.

"Sorry...Rhubarb's just about as bossy as you are!" Morgan says. "And they've already told us that they'll explain things back in their village," she adds as an aside to Ala.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:27 am

I ain't no fire worshiper, what happend were are we ?, I need a drink dude, ya got some booze on ya ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 am

"People die, Ala. It's the way of life, especially on the sea. We all end up in the same place eventually, so if the locals here say it's not a good idea to stay? I'm certainly not going to stay. We're strangers here, and we're lucky to have had some people find us, even if they ARE scavengers!"

"People die...? You don't think I know that? I... just... ARGH! These were OUR people on those ships. The sea may have claimed some, but these others at least deserve a little dignity in death before they meet the gods? It's the least we can do. It's the least we SHOULD do!" ...Forgive me for this Heironeius...

Ala trails off, clutching tightly to the symbol around her neck. For a moment, she is nothing more than a scared, young girl, alone on a beach amongst strangers.

"There had better be a good explanation for this!"

Ala comes back to herself, suddenly aware of the woman standing beside her. Turning on her heel, she strides off after the others towards the village.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 am

"Did you just said "green kin?
Do you mean goblins? Are they causing problems in here, too?

Do you know a good place where I can watch on a large area? I want to see if we have a close settlement or village nearby.

Beleak says to "the boss".
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

"People die...? You don't think I know that? I... just... ARGH! These were OUR people on those ships. The sea may have claimed some, but these others at least deserve a little dignity in death before they meet the gods? It's the least we can do. It's the least we SHOULD do!" ...Forgive me for this Heironeius...

Cranberry comes walking up and pats her on the back.
" I forgive you, I forgive you."

Than humming to himself and shuffling the cards between his hands Cranberry wonders off towards the village.
► Show Spoiler

TeaWeed
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaWeed » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 am

Sandro watches the exchange between the fellow survivors with an apolegetic smile, whereafter he turns towards Ala Dead is dead las...We ought to look after ourselves first. Sandro's voice trails off.

Sandro follows the group of people bow in hand, although no arrows nocked just yet.

He approaches the other survivors So, it seems to me that we're well and truly lost... What say you to pooling our bets and getting a ship off this island, before any "green kins" show up?. He looks to the other survivors with a hope that they might know more than he.

Adressing the person asking for booze he smiles and say The trip over the side of the boat smashed my bottle of moonshine, but i'm willing to chip in for something to warm ourselves on, if they have an inn that is.

At the prospect of a good warm inn Sandro begins a whistling a low tune while he walks.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:46 am

Morgan searches her immediate area and finds a lantern which is utterly trashed and beyond repair, she finds 2 silver coins and 4 copper coins in the same crate.

"You mean...Goblins? Or a similar humanoid? I guess I understand now... They claim most of the land over there as their own, no? Yes, I probably wouldn't want to mess with that either."
"Did you just said "green kin?
Do you mean goblins? Are they causing problems in here, too?

ÔÇØYeah, goblins are part of them, almost always only goblins when the bronze tribes are collecting the remnants. They live in the north western part, usually not causing problems unless we interfere with them.ÔÇØ

Do you know a good place where I can watch on a large area? I want to see if we have a close settlement or village nearby.
"I can save you the trouble and tell you that we live in a nearby village, but you might be able to find a tree on the top of a hill to the south."

"All right, look. So far, today has been a pretty shit day for most of us I'd imagine. By the will of the gods, the few of us here have survived, but it was no thanks to you or your people who seem to be far more interested in robbing treasures and trinkets from the dead that helping anyone who might still be alive out there! AND you're telling us that not only can we not even offer them a decent burial but that you expect us to leave them in the hands of these Green Kin?"
" I forgive you, I forgive you."
"There had better be a good explanation for this!"
One of the people on the beach gives the boss a crate and the boss starts walking away in the same direction as some of the others are headed.
ÔÇØCome along if you want answers, the quick one here and now is I would rather save the living than mourning the dead.ÔÇØ

I ain't no fire worshiper, what happend were are we ?, I need a drink dude, ya got some booze on ya ?
The trip over the side of the boat smashed my bottle of moonshine, but i'm willing to chip in for something to warm ourselves on, if they have an inn that is.
ÔÇØyou are still at Debris coast, and I donÔÇÖt know what happened to you except you are stranded here among people with no booze nor an inn.. We could make some arrangement once we get back to accommodate for that.ÔÇØ

Together you walk with the scavengers towards two carts being loaded with crates, Jasper ready to find a spot in a cart and is slightly disappointed to see they are full of crates and there is nothing to pull the carts except humans, so for now he decides not to get on one.
Once everyone arrives at the carts, the scavengers start to drag and push the carts and you follow them through the hilly terrain directly away from the beach.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 am

► Show Spoiler
"...Okay then. Let's move shall we?"

"...Don't you have any horses to pull the carts? They would be able to carry a far greater load, wouldn't they?"

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:08 am

Morgan looks for Larry, being the only person she has met on the beach. She'll head over to where he is and will offer to help pull the cart if he's pulling one, or will just talk as they walk to wherever they're going.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 am

Larry is with the group pushing one of the carts behind it with another guy. They are 4 people for each cart, 2 in the front and two in the back.

"...Okay then. Let's move shall we?"

"...Don't you have any horses to pull the carts? They would be able to carry a far greater load, wouldn't they?"

"We aren't in a position to have any aggriculture at our village sadly."
Last edited by Theis2 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 am

"Want some help pushing that? I may as well, since I'm following all of you back to your village anyway!" Morgan offers as she approaches Larry.

"What sort of critters are found here? I take it there aren't any horses... or cows...goats...or donkeys... or you'd have them helping pull some of the carts. It'd be loads faster. And how did everyone get here? Were you all stranded too at some point? If you guys mostly scavenge from the shores, I guess you don't have too much in the village then. What's it like?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:11 am

Morgan walks to the cart that Larry pushes around and starts asking him many questions.
"Want some help pushing that? I may as well, since I'm following all of you back to your village anyway!"
ÔÇØOh, hi.. You donÔÇÖt need to help, we got this.ÔÇØ
"What sort of critters are found here? "
ÔÇØUhm, regular small ones I guess.. There arenÔÇÖt really any large animals around, or many plants we can use and grow, but we take what we can get but I usually donÔÇÖt help hunting.ÔÇØ
ÔÇØI take it there aren't any horses... or cows...goats...or donkeys... or you'd have them helping pull some of the carts. It'd be loads faster. "
ÔÇØNope, we canÔÇÖt reliably sustain them, at least I donÔÇÖt think so. ÔÇ£
ÔÇØAnd how did everyone get here? "
ÔÇØWe were born around here, well the wizard in the village is just like you guys.. Not that I know anything about you! Uhm, he got here like you I think..ÔÇØ
Larry blushes a bit and look downwards, while some of the guys pushing the carts along starts to snicker. Morgan smiles slightly before continuing.
ÔÇØIf you guys mostly scavenge from the shores, I guess you don't have too much in the village then. "
ÔÇØIt is pretty small and we only have a few houses, and we live many people in a single house. ÔÇ£
ÔÇØWhat's it like?"
ÔÇØIt is nice enough, but it is a slightly dangerous location after storms to the north since all kinds of people arrive to the beach shortly after. They usually care little for the villages from what IÔÇÖm told. We usually just gather what we can so we can trade it for food and other necessities. Depending on who is coming, we can help some of the survivors or give them a burial. According to the elders bad stuff happened when we tried to do those things before, well not me but our ancestors.ÔÇØ
ÔÇØOh.. I might not have time to.. You know..ÔÇØ Larry looks away shortly sighing slightly.
ÔÇØUhm, the drink you knowÔÇØ
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 am

what no booze, I need a drink bro I"m thirsty, come bro let's go find us a inn or something
he says whille he walks with the others

I Love the fact that I haven't talked to any of the other characters yet
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 am

askstoomuch wrote:I Love the fact that I haven't talked to any of the other characters yet
TeaWeed wrote:Adressing the person asking for booze he smiles and say The trip over the side of the boat smashed my bottle of moonshine, but i'm willing to chip in for something to warm ourselves on, if they have an inn that is.
Not because the other players didn't try to :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:10 am

oh wait that was a player< i found it weird his text was in color

:lol: i'm an idiot