PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Izzy is going to ignore the argument going on nearby (for now) and focus on examining the...rift? Portal? Black hole? Whatever it is, she's curious - does it seem at all similar to the wormholes the Overseer used to attack them through previously? Either the one she'd recklessly dove through, or maybe even the ones Cogs had created?
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:41 am

Koa gives a start once Gayle and Haley start tussling. The majority seem to be distrustful of the Overseer and this plan, and for good reason. But then, most of them only know about the Overseer, not this other, mystery entity.

"...I don't like it either, relying on the Overseer for anything. But the Overseer's kind-of a known quantity, yeah? This other thing, though, the one from Babylon? The one that's probably helping out the Godslayers? Who knows what it's up to, or what it's after? But it's probably really bad, maybe even worse than what the Overseer's planning! And 'cause... the vibes I'm getting off this portal-thing are just...," Koa gestures at the anomaly, giving a shudder. "I don't like it."

"So letting the Overseer do what it's gonna do? It's probably no worse than leaving this other thing alone, yeah?"

At that, Koa moves towards Matthias, aiming to shake him awake.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:56 am

”Please...don’t....

Not letting overseerer out does not mean shit about whatever entitiy you are thinking of. And who knows if it will follow through its word. We can capture both of them or put them somewhere where they cannot cause a rucus without relying on a thing that just fucking killed it’s ‘child’.

I know it’s true name and it destroys everything imin it’s path when said or written. If we really want to use its power we can do that as a last resort. Not free the damned thing.

Besides we are making a thing to weaken overseerer, who said it can’t be used on both of them?”

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:47 pm

((Unless they're lying, the idea here isn't to let the overseer out, it's to send a beacon through to the other thing so that the Overseer can find it.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 pm

(I dont trust it to not causedamages though)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Alex, Izzy, Koa, Haley

As Alex, Koa, and Haley seem to more directly debate, Izzy for now continues to investigate more directly before coming to conclusions. Also putting her eye to the portal, investigating... She's reasonably confident this is not the Overseer's work. The portal is too different, in many ways- And was most evidently created by the ritual circle. She can still... Feel a weak connection between it, and the portal. The circle itself feels more like some of the hex rituals she vaguely remembers reading about, but... Different, somehow. Not quite the same.

Staring into it does not reveal much more than Bruce had managed to. It seems like there is only darkness, on the other side. Or at least, that no light manages to escape from wherever that place is.

...And yet. As she keeps staring into the void. She swears that something is watching right back.

"Somehow, I'm in agreement with Grimm. Considering the results, I very much doubt there's reason to trust the Overseer. So explain quickly, miss, why we should be okay with your plan." Alex starts- But the woman still struggling to try and make sure it was Haley who was pinned down, did not answer first. It was Koa.

"...I don't like it either, relying on the Overseer for anything. But the Overseer's kind-of a known quantity, yeah? This other thing, though, the one from Babylon? The one that's probably helping out the Godslayers? Who knows what it's up to, or what it's after? But it's probably really bad, maybe even worse than what the Overseer's planning! And 'cause... the vibes I'm getting off this portal-thing are just...," Koa gestures at the anomaly, giving a shudder. "I don't like it."

"So letting the Overseer do what it's gonna do? It's probably no worse than leaving this other thing alone, yeah?"

”Please...don’t....

Not letting overseerer out does not mean shit about whatever entitiy you are thinking of. And who knows if it will follow through its word. We can capture both of them or put them somewhere where they cannot cause a rucus without relying on a thing that just fucking killed it’s ‘child’.

I know it’s true name and it destroys everything imin it’s path when said or written. If we really want to use its power we can do that as a last resort. Not free the damned thing.

Besides we are making a thing to weaken overseerer, who said it can’t be used on both of them?”

"Wha- Look, girl. I do not intend to sound like I know better, like Grimm does- But you are acting from a very uninformed standpoint..!"

"Excuse me. I am quite literally the lorekeeper. I have spent millenia with the sole purpose of gaining knowledge. I DO know better."

"...But I agree with your assessment that the girl seems to barely scratch the surface of the actual happenings."

"You speak as if he is imprisoned, unable to access this world at his very whim. Ridiculous."

"If the Grand Overseer intended for our world to be destroyed, we would not be standing here today. All would already be gone."

"And any plan you may have to even try and hurt it will be either incredibly misguided, or utterly irresponsibly by it's very definition. Calling it's name seems like a simple act of suicide - Although it is one part I am intrigued by."

"Allow me to ask a question. Do you know the tale of Midas? If-"

"Could we please keep the going off on a tangent until after this?!"

Koa, not interrupted, wakes up Matthias - The confused and groggy man first looking around, before seeming to realize what his goal is supposed to be.

"W-What? Oh yes..!"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Haley looks at Grimm and speaks loud enough for Matthious to hear ”It wants to use it’s crystal things to make it more haibital to it... or to create more of it’s ‘children’ by enslaving those that survive it’s attacks and brainwashes them.

So....what ‘information’ do you have that says we can trust it? That it will not do more than attack the entity?

I think Grimm is suggesting if you go through this you’d have a similar fate? Like turning friends into stone or other things?”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Haley

Grimm seems to raise a brow to Haley trying to exclaim - While still being held down (badly) by Gayle.

”It wants to use it’s crystal things to make it more haibital to it... or to create more of it’s ‘children’ by enslaving those that survive it’s attacks and brainwashes them."

"That is an interesting conclusion you have come to. I do see where you have gained pieces of such information."

"Sadly for you, it only reinforces Gayle's opinion you do not in fact know what you are talking about."

"So....what ‘information’ do you have that says we can trust it? That it will not do more than attack the entity?"

Gayle pauses, for just a second.

"...I suppose I don't. It is not like it was explicitly mentioned. Besides that I see no reason why it would. If it wanted to do something bad there's a million ways it could do it. But this one way is specific to hunt down this thing."

"Besides my dear, you have it all wrong! I think you as chosen people would understand that..?" Matthias, now awake, and seeming a bit confused, obviously interrupts.

"The Overseer is not our enemy- He is our savior! He has come from beyond the stars to grant us what nothing else could- He shall make us all eternal! While other worlds die and perish we shall remain standing proud! Does such a gift not make the sacrifices seem so much more paltry? I-"

"Matthias! Please!"

"Right, right." the man speaks. He is again preparing to activate the crystal.

"I think Grimm is suggesting if you go through this you’d have a similar fate? Like turning friends into stone or other things?”

"Actually, I was going to pose the simple question: if Midas, one of the Missingno, was defeated and imprisoned by the gods..."

"Then why did they not do this for the Spark, when it dragged the entire world in a hundred year war?"

"But I suppose it is a bit off tangent at this time."
Grimm speaks, seeming to consider, before falling silent.

"...I disagree on principle on all things currently happening. But I lack enough reasoning to fight over it."

"I hope you are right Gayle. You have caused a lot of suffering over this last decade if it was all to be for this."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:40 pm

”If I am a chosen one then instead of acting and putting that crystal thing in the void, tell me how exactly you know this will give you what you wabt?

I saw the planets it turned into horrible wastelands. I saw it negitivly react to something when it tore through where I got my information from. You are providing me woth nothing and assume that the thing speaks the truth.

Matthas, if you do that you will damn us all. And you will never learn it’s name if you go through this.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Koa gives Haley a side-long look. "...We've seen it happen, already. If the Overseer wants to, it can just punch a hole in the air and smash whoever it wants. Since it doesn't do that, like, all the time, then that means it doesn't want to, yeah? And it can't just change the world with a snap of its fingers, either, or it would've done that."

"This other thing, though, the thing from Babylon? Well whatever it wants, if it's working with the Godslayers, it's plans are probably coming together way faster than what the Overseer's going for."

Koa shifts nervously, eyeing the anomaly. "...If the Overseer does find it, and they fight? I wonder which one of 'em will win?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:05 pm

"Well, it can punch a hole through almost anything it wants. Contact with this world's cores causes it pain and repels it. All the more reason not to trust it if the world itself repels it... There's also the question of why saying or writing its name brings about a vengeful wrath - bit of an overreaction if it's really such a benevolent thing. Well, I don't trust our good 'friend' the Spark, or Grimm, or hell, even Magnus, either, so what am I to do, I guess. If this is going to weaken the Godslayers, I guess we might as well. It's one astral abomination looming over us or another. At least we know one way to protect ourselves from the Overseer."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:43 am

Haley tries to block Matthius from doing what he is doing. "This sounds like a terrible idea. You are putting your trust into a thing we don't know much about. You don't know it doesn't have alter motivations. What if they joined forces? What if them fighting cause a much worse disaster than what is happening now? Them fighting would cause some collateral damage. Besides this is what it wants.

...What if the overseer can absorb other beings power and uses that to kill gods?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:32 pm

"I'm pretty sure it already can kill gods, Haley, it's left multiple worlds barren."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:29 am

Haley, Koa, Alex

”If I am a chosen one then instead of acting and putting that crystal thing in the void, tell me how exactly you know this will give you what you wabt?"

"Well... Our great lord wills it! What more is needed?"

I saw the planets it turned into horrible wastelands. I saw it negitivly react to something when it tore through where I got my information from. You are providing me woth nothing and assume that the thing speaks the truth.

"Girl, I have already stated that I am on your side in not wanting this to occur. I am however also admitting that you are in fact wrong. Not completely, but you have come to conclusions based on incomplete evidence, that much is obvious. Now, I would gladly go over the intricacies over where you are correct and where you are wrong..."

"Grimm- Stop trying to stretch things out..!"

"...It is true that a full explanation would be lengthy. For now you simply need to accept that what you assume are facts are not quite so. The shortest version of it all seems that you both are attributing inherent maliciousness where a more adequate term is inadvertent consequences. Not that that makes things right, but it shifts perspectives." Grimm says, seeming incapable of giving short explanations properly. Haley meanwhile, was surprised by the original tackle, but doesn't take too long to get out from under the woman after said realization. Though, seeing that she intends to go straight to harassing Matthias, tries to hold her back again (combat or athletics roll again. And tell me how you want to try and stop Matthias if you win the contested roll.)

Matthas, if you do that you will damn us all. And you will never learn it’s name if you go through this.

"...Will it?"

"No! It will not do any such thing!"

"...We've seen it happen, already. If the Overseer wants to, it can just punch a hole in the air and smash whoever it wants. Since it doesn't do that, like, all the time, then that means it doesn't want to, yeah? And it can't just change the world with a snap of its fingers, either, or it would've done that."

"This other thing, though, the thing from Babylon? Well whatever it wants, if it's working with the Godslayers, it's plans are probably coming together way faster than what the Overseer's going for."

"...If the Overseer does find it, and they fight? I wonder which one of 'em will win?"

"Right- Look, if you all hate the Overseer so much... Here's one bit of intel that should convince you!" Gayle brings out, somehow trying to hold Haley back through an INTENSE headache- As if every time she's trying to think this stuff, it's of a great mental burden.

"This thing? On the other side? It's what brought the Grand Overseer here in the first place!"

"It laid a lure, and brought it in!"

"...Ridiculous. Why would any of the MissingNo ever do that?"

"I don't know! I don't have all the answers! I shouldn't even know ANY of this- I only remember because that... Thing keeps these memories hooked in the back of my mind with needle and string!"

"Maybe it did it because it wanted to take out all the competition! Maybe it did it because it thought it could escape from it!"

"Well, it can punch a hole through almost anything it wants. Contact with this world's cores causes it pain and repels it. All the more reason not to trust it if the world itself repels it..."

"Of course it repels it. Any MissingNo will see the same. Even the ones that represent hopes and dreams - If it was still alive. To have come to so many conclusions and not even figured out that..."

"There's also the question of why saying or writing its name brings about a vengeful wrath - bit of an overreaction if it's really such a benevolent thing. Well, I don't trust our good 'friend' the Spark, or Grimm, or hell, even Magnus, either, so what am I to do, I guess. If this is going to weaken the Godslayers, I guess we might as well. It's one astral abomination looming over us or another. At least we know one way to protect ourselves from the Overseer."

"If your earlier statement is any indication, your way of protection is utterly foolish."

"This sounds like a terrible idea. You are putting your trust into a thing we don't know much about. You don't know it doesn't have alter motivations. What if they joined forces? What if them fighting cause a much worse disaster than what is happening now? Them fighting would cause some collateral damage. Besides this is what it wants."

"You don't know either! None of those things sound likely! You're just presuming because it wants something it has to be inherently bad!"

...What if the overseer can absorb other beings power and uses that to kill gods?"

"I'm pretty sure it already can kill gods, Haley, it's left multiple worlds barren."

"And yet, it doesn't." Magnus practically grumbles, seeming to be getting very annoyed at all this bickering. Matthias has resumed trying to initiate the dance, trying to ignore all the conflicting arguments.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:22 pm

”So what if it doesn’t intend to leave worlds barren wastelands? The effects are the same. It still goes world to world to world andcause distruction. It’s dangerous. And it destroys everything in its path when it’s name is called or written, I think it would be fair to claim that it is malicous, abd atbwst very neglectful.

“So you are saying that we should fall into the trap the other thing left? Attacking the godslayer thing with it will not help matters.”

[2d6] = 6

(Haley isn’t the type to give up easily, she’ll struggle against this as long as she is able.)

Mort
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:28 pm

"That thing brought the Overseer here? I thought that was Colress that did that...?" Koa muses the second part aloud, not really directing the question at anyone.

But this brought new concerns to the forefront. If the Overseer had already been manipulated once by this thing from Babylon, then just how much of this whole mess was a part its plans? Especially with Gayle saying something about that 'thing' feeding memories directly to her. Just where did she and the Red Hand learn this ritual in the first place...?

Koa looks to Gayle worriedly. "...And you're sure this is the right thing to do? That this isn't exactly what the Babylon-thing wants, for the Overseer to go chasing after it? 'Cause if that thing's been feeding you memories, and that's where you've been getting the idea to set all this up...?" Koa offers, seeing if his speculation lands.

Otherwise, Koa steps between Matthias and Haley's attempts at disrupting him, still not convinced they should be stopping him. Though, he's a bit less sure now than he was, admittedly.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:11 pm

(double post since I just thought of something, whoops)

On that note, now that the paranoia gears have begun turning in Koa's head... what about Matthias? The man's always been weird, but isn't his weirdness a little too convenient? It should be clear by now that the trainers aren't exactly 'chosen one' material, and yet Matthias seems to be going out of his way to justify that the trainers have, in fact, been chosen. It's almost as if... he's been trying to convince the trainers that he believes that, rather than himself.

"And Matthias...?" Koa half-turns to look at the cult leader with a critical eye, suspicion creeping into his tone. "You serve the Overseer, yeah? There's nothing going on between you and this... other thing?"

Intuition on Matthias: 5d6+4 = [5, 4, 4, 4, 1] = 22
Call to Adventure boost: 1d6 = [2] = 2
(24 total)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:13 pm

"Of course it repels it. Any MissingNo will see the same. Even the ones that represent hopes and dreams - If it was still alive. To have come to so many conclusions and not even figured out that..."
"I've learned all this in about a week, Grimm, give us a break on not understanding things you've had an eternity to comprehend."

Alex glances at Magnus as he grumbles, "Having seen how you behave, even if we all presume it is malicious it still wouldn't have any need to."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Haley, Koa, Alex

"I've learned all this in about a week, Grimm, give us a break on not understanding things you've had an eternity to comprehend."

"A fair point- But in your ignorance, your idea of protecting yourself would have threatened to destroy the world instead."

"...Honestly, this kind of knowledge should not even be in your hands. But given circumstances, I suppose it is for the best I shall explain all later."

"Having seen how you behave, even if we all presume it is malicious it still wouldn't have any need to."

Magnus briefly turns with a somewhat angry look toward Alex... And then pointedly ignores him, focused more on Haley.

”So what if it doesn’t intend to leave worlds barren wastelands? The effects are the same. It still goes world to world to world andcause distruction. It’s dangerous. And it destroys everything in its path when it’s name is called or written, I think it would be fair to claim that it is malicous, abd atbwst very neglectful."

"I thought we just went over how you are missing context..." Grimm sighs, but then shuts up, seeming to figure it a lost cause, for now.

"That thing brought the Overseer here? I thought that was Colress that did that...?"

"I don't know the specifics as to how... Just that it was it to somehow have helped do it."

“So you are saying that we should fall into the trap the other thing left? Attacking the godslayer thing with it will not help matters.”

"...And you're sure this is the right thing to do? That this isn't exactly what the Babylon-thing wants, for the Overseer to go chasing after it? 'Cause if that thing's been feeding you memories, and that's where you've been getting the idea to set all this up...?"

"No! Not the thing on the other side! The Overseer! This thing on the other side- It must have been convinced the Overseer had no clue. You've forced me to reveal all this so now no doubt it knows - So we can't let it get away and figure out a way to prevent this for next time!"

With that bit of info, it seems like Koa is intercepting Haley as well - In fact, it seems like even Magnus might be about to interfere, likely simply planning to hoist up the girl if she was the only one stopping this. But before that happens, Koa thinks of one more question.

"And Matthias...? You serve the Overseer, yeah? There's nothing going on between you and this... other thing?"

The question seems to halt Matthias advances for a moment, as if surprised - Gayle trying to interrupt with that he does not, though his answer seemed to surprise even her.

"I suppose there is no point hiding anything of the chosen ones. Yes. I recognize what is on the other side."

"Though to be fair, until a couple days ago, I had no idea it would come to this. But like many other things, I should have realized it would. There was no other way it was going to be different."
the man grinned, though something about him seemed... Different. As if some of the manic look in his eyes had briefly rescinded, replaced with deeper thoughts. Eventually, he continues.

"...I did not always worship the Overseer. There used to be days, when I was younger... Every day it was the same. People wake up, work, sleep, until the day they die- Where they rot in dirt, and then within years, even their names are forgotten. Over, and over, and over again. All pointless. How could one look at all that and not go MAD?"

"Perhaps it's just that my brain never has been quite right. Perhaps that is what made it find me. Speak to me. Instill me with a false purpose. Maybe it's just because, I've always felt, when my mind is clear, if I could just reach out and..."
he spoke, briefly his eyes seeming to glaze over as he reaches out to nowhere in particular- Then immediately snaps out of it.

"...I did terrible, awful, unforgivable things. I can tell you now that it's appetite... Is infinite. And one day, deservedly, I was caught. And, given a second chance."

"I learned about the Overseer. And I realized- There IS hope. Isn't that obvious to see? Where you attribute malice to the Overseer, I see that it's trying to change EVERYTHING. It is the world itself that places these rules, which makes it so we are doomed to repeat endless pointless cycles! It is the world itself, which would rather kill itself than allow that to be changed! So who is the malicious one?!"

"...Ehehe. But those are only the thoughts of a fool, to which little importance is brought. Perhaps rightfully so, for how easily I fool myself. Convincing myself that you are truly chosen by the Grand Overseer. That Gayle considers me a friend, rather than holds only contempt for the situation that was forced upon her."

"I- I don't-"

"But if there's one thing I will always stand by. I do not believe in coincidences. And it is no coincidence that I find myself here today, to be the one to strike the match against the very thing I once served. A chance at redemption. Even if it will likely kill me."
► Show Spoiler
Irene

Meanwhile, somewhere else, Irene wakes... Painfully. Her entire body feels as if it aches, even though, physically, one would find almost nothing wrong with her. It's almost as if any movement she tries to do, is currently taking a mental toll- Even though it was obvious that something had tried to take care of her, and looking around her, she could see some Sigilyph around her bed.

(Irene restores 3 injuries)

It's not long before something besides the birds speaks to her, however. Something familiar, if through a different medium - Causing a bit of a headache, even if it intentionally seems to be trying to talk softly.
Temple Mind wrote:Good morning!:)

Or, well. Night. :)

Almost morning. ;)

Don't try to move too much yet. You're still recovering. :)

But, good news - You will be fine! :)

It might take some time for you to fully recover, but in time, you will be as you always were. :)

Look.

I know what you saw.

I understand if. We can't be friends anymore. Or partners. Or whatever we were.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:57 pm

”It goes planet after planet. Once is unfortunate but understandible, but numerous times? It doesn’t matter what motivations it has if results are the same.”

Haley’s eyes briefly spark with curiosity ”...What was on the other side- No focus. Matthas...no wonder your name seem familiar. You are from plazma and that group destroyed a city.

But what are you ‘striking a match’ against? The overseer? Plazma?”

Haley attempts to struggle out again. 2d6 = [3, 2] = 5

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:13 pm

Koa scans Matthias as he confesses... and as far as Koa can tell, the man's being honest, as much to himself now as he is to the group. And Koa thinks he understands now.

Matthias was afraid for himself at one point, not wanting to die and pass into obscurity. He sought to transcend the laws of this world, to avoid such a fate. For that, he made a contract with this other Spark, this thing from Babylon. Though, it seems Matthias didn't quite get what he wanted out of the deal. So rather than try to rise above this world's rules, he started to follow something that could rewrite them - the Overseer.

As selfish as his motivations are, though, Matthias seems willing to sacrifice everything to stop this Babylon-thing from doing whatever it's doing, so Koa can't hate the guy. Maybe Koa would if he was there for these supposed crimes Matthias committed, but right now? The man seems determined to make up for his mistakes, and Koa is still convinced that this thing whose 'appetite is infinite' probably has worse things in mind than the Overseer.

"Well... do what ya gotta do, then, yeah? I won't keep ya any longer. But if you got a contract going with that thing, try to hold out long enough for the Overseer to beat it up first. That'd cancel out the contract, right, if that thing's not around anymore?"

"...And I'm sorry for lying to you. About the Overseer stuff." Koa admits, with some burgeoning shame, to the man consigning himself to almost-certain doom.

At that, Koa turns back around, standing guard near Matthias to let him do his thing. Whatever it is, Koa hopes it turns out for the best....

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Laying back down, tears freely flow from Irene. The time for acting tough was over, the time for sociel ettiquete saying not to cry was over. She had stopped being human even if it was just for a moment in time... Things now make more and less sense then ever before.
Temple Mind wrote:Good morning!:)

Or, well. Night. :)

Almost morning. ;)

Don't try to move too much yet. You're still recovering. :)

But, good news - You will be fine! :)

It might take some time for you to fully recover, but in time, you will be as you always were. :)

Look.

I know what you saw.

I understand if. We can't be friends anymore. Or partners. Or whatever we were.
Wincing from the lingering pain, Irene replies uncertain if it was verbal of mental.
"Well, the first time I met you the first thing I did was insane... but it worked"

I mean, just hearing your direct voice hurt, and I threw myself back in

and are you ok? You were trapped right? and... I think you are among the few that do understand what just happened to me, we just met so I can't say what we are, but I do know we won't be strangers, and closer then acquaintances.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:34 am

Izzy finally rips her eyes away from the vortex. The...thing inside hadn't stopped watching her the entire time.

"...I say we trust them. Whatever is in there, it seems worse than the Overseer. He had the chance to kill us, but didn't. But this thing...I think it would do it without a second thought."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:41 am

Irene

The voice seems to pause for a moment, before continuing. Definitely coming in as a mental sound.
Temple Mind wrote: Ha ha ha.

Sorry Irene. :)

It's still me - Spark. :)

But for what it's worth, I know the temple appreciates what you have done. :)

As much as it can, at least. :)

Don't worry. I'm not planning on staying in control or anything like that. :)

But there is a couple last things I should arrange, before I leave.

I was hoping for your input on it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Haley, Koa, Izzy

”...What was on the other side- No focus. Matthas...no wonder your name seem familiar. You are from plazma and that group destroyed a city."

"Hmm..? Ah! You must know about the place where I learned about the glorious light! Yes, I worked together with some of their folk there, though I never was quite a part of their group. Not to cast my own actions in a better light, but I am glad to say at least I was not a part of those sins." Matthias responds, as Haley continues to struggle. It looks like she manages to break out this time, but before she can really get too much further, simply gets picked up.

"If this one here is the only one still protesting... Let's get on with things."

"Well... do what ya gotta do, then, yeah? I won't keep ya any longer. But if you got a contract going with that thing, try to hold out long enough for the Overseer to beat it up first. That'd cancel out the contract, right, if that thing's not around anymore?"

"...Heh. I suppose that would be a worry too, yes."

"Wait- Matthias. What do you mean, you are going to die? If this actually will- We can... We can figure something-"

"Ahaha- Come on, dear, you are not a fool yourself are you? Blind to an obvious truth?"

"When I channel this little rock here, it'll be tapping into the very source of power of the Grand Overseer. Very few have hope to touch that, and come out the other side."

"But all I can do is open my heart, my soul, and allow to try and let this light pass through me. One in a million, right? I am ready to take the chance,"
he spoke, some of his mad grin returning, though some of the strange sincerity returns a moment later.

"...I've known all along. I'm ready. This is how the fates meant for things to be."

"...And I'm sorry for lying to you. About the Overseer stuff."

"Ahaha... You are still chosen, you know. Even if you don't realize it yet."

But what are you ‘striking a match’ against? The overseer? Plazma?”[/color]

"Neither of those things. Back in the day... We called it the Empty Lord. But I do not think that is its true name- Merely one of many."

"...I say we trust them. Whatever is in there, it seems worse than the Overseer. He had the chance to kill us but didn't. But this thing...I think it would do it without a second thought."

"...I'm not sure I can agree, on principle, if it means someone will die. But, the horrible things that portal made me feel and think about... It's not a certainty, is it? We can try and help you," Luna chimes in.

"The Empty Lord... It is a new name. Whatever is on the other side wants to keep it's name hidden, which I suppose is suspicious. Even still, I vote my opposition, though I shall not interfere," Grim adds.

"I've already stated my opinion. The world will be better off with one less," Magnus disagrees.

"...Yeah. Whatever is in there, it's... Bad," Jeremy nods. Isabella does not immediately speak, but nods in heavy agreement.

Gayle is remarkably silent through it all, seeming to hold a pained look.

But in the end, the majority seems to heavily win out. And so, Matthias continues his dance- A short, though intricate series of gestures, ending with him pushing the gem in front of him. And as he does, there seems to be a slight gasp escaping from him, as if the gem pulled something of him with it as he did- Slumping down as if heavy fatigue set down, and for a moment, as sweat began to form on his brow, it looked as if he was going to collapse right there. Even as the crystal began to glow brighter and brighter, until it became hard to look at.

But with a last push of strength, his arm flung upward; and the crystal flew straight fo-

END OF CHAPTER 5: THE STORM