PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Drake, Bjorn, Bruce, Koa, Haley, Alex

As people are discussing who Mew should heal, Gregory finds the heart to speak up for a moment as well- "I, erm, can make- I mean, I got some medicine. If it's necessary, yeah?"

”So them all tryin’ to steal y'all ball was okay n ya didn't do nothin' but stand thar when they stole it out of Magnus’s hands but if my friend says tha truth ya put ‘em ta sleep?”

"I... Physically can't do anything against whoever is carrying it..!" Uyum responds, gritting her teeth somewhat. "And it's NOT true!" she states, as Haley next releases Rhem. There are... A couple very odd looks from the both of them, and some inherent apprehension from rhemality herself- But she does nod as Haley instructs her to protect the ball as well.

"Very well. If that is what you wish."

Unbeknownst to others, Koa meanwhile is having a brief discussion with Mew:

~Okay. We can talk about your daughter too? You can guess which one, yeah?~

~Diancie? I suppose we can, yes.~

Bjorn walks over to Luna, who seems glad to have a hand to hold for now. She seems to be shaking, somewhat, even if Magnus has returned to fully ignoring her. Koa's thoughts turning to what Magnus' behavior might mean for the other gods... And decides the one thing Magnus needs most right now, is a pep talk. The only reaction he seems to be getting from the old man however, is that he's not interrupting the boy. But his disinterested gaze simply averts by the time he's done, finally commenting.

"All this talking is getting more tiring than just beating up Grim is going to be." he states, and turns to walk toward the exit. Koa has to call after him to further plan-

"You know more about that place than most everyone here. We could use your help if you wanted to tag along."

Magnus briefly pauses, looking back over his shoulder, before responding.

"I'm going to fix this mess. If you insist on tagging along, I won't stop you. Don't get in my way again."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Haley looks at Mew and gives a soft sigh, grimancing slighting at her snapping ”Look I know you couldn’t while they carried it but you could have prevented them from taking it by interceptin’ their thievin’ from Magnus so that they couldn’t for e you to do more things. If it weren’t for Koa here interceptin’ their thievery they could have gotten far away with it. Espessially if what he says is true and they have teleporting things.

...Look I’m just sayin’ you need to be more careful in the future. Since we won’t remember we won’t be able to help you next time and I really don’t want anybody to control you. You are also relying a bit too much on the mind wipe and some dark mons are immune to that manipulation.”

“....Alex can be an ass, and so can I. But disagreein’ about somethin’ don’t mean ya put em ta sleep.”

(Will we be able to go to a pc?)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Haley

”Look I know you couldn’t while they carried it but you could have prevented them from taking it by interceptin’ their thievin’ from Magnus so that they couldn’t for e you to do more things. If it weren’t for Koa here interceptin’ their thievery they could have gotten far away with it. Espessially if what he says is true and they have teleporting things."

"I would, if I could have! It's... Complicated. Being controlled by it is... Exhausting."

“....Alex can be an ass, and so can I. But disagreein’ about somethin’ don’t mean ya put em ta sleep.”

"There's also a difference between disagreeing and... That."

Everyone

Soon enough, everyone is headed toward the tower- Taking the detour to switch out their pokemon if required, though losing time if doing so. En route, they make up their plans- Deciding a split approach would likely be best, one group going by sky, the other by ground. Magnus grunts, falls silent, before offering some information.

"Going to be difficult. The entire top is sealed. But one of your friends has a certain keychain, yes..? I suppose if you must, send her along. There'll be... A vent, of sorts. Just be careful. Make sure you don't get killed."

With those reassuring words, the party continues, before long arriving at the large square that oversees the tower. Now no longer affected by whatever effect the tower has, it becomes evident this place is not "regular"- The very stonework of the road changing to something far more ancient. Ahead lay the tower, and while there were similarities to the building they kept in their mind as their vague shapes matches, that's where the similarities ended. In their mind they remembered it to be a tower of steel and glass... Now it was evident it almost seemed to be hewn from a single, massive stone. The base of the spire twists upwards, in a joined double helix, the stone smooth and glossy, before finally coming to the top. Here the stone was more rough, grey, and became much wider, like a whole new floor added on top of the tower. It's the larger of two groups that arrives first- But the smaller group is not far behind. Magnus, seeing some of the company in tow, seems to try and... Avert himself. But before the trainers can properly do final arrangements, the reason for that becomes more than evident. The queen at first seeming to dismiss Magnus' presence... Before suddenly doing a double take.

"What. The. Fuck. Regi?!"

"... I don't use that name anymore."

"You- What?! Did you-" she starts, eyes darting between the tower, then back to the man that almost seemed afraid to face the woman.

"...You fucker- Seriously?! That's why the tower was doing all this?! Just trying to hide under own noses?!"

Magnus doesn't look back, eyes fixated on the tower in front of him, as if in hopes that'd make what was happening behind him simply move on. Only eventually, with a heavy sigh, does he respond.

"I wasn't expecting you to understand."

The woman scowls, and for a moment it looked like things would evolve into outright hostility... Before her scowl suddenly softens, into a pained expression.

"Regi... You can't keep doing this. We need you." she starts, her voice beginning to sound pleading.

"We're all falling apart."

The man doesn't answer. After a short, awkward pause, he speaks up.

"Are you going to help?"

The woman's eyes dart back to the tower, hesitant- Before she shakes her head.

"If it means you're going to continue doing... This? No."

This time around, Magnus nodded once in recognition of the answer, before stepping forward- Simply continuing his march to the tower, whether anyone was following him, or not.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Still groggy from being put to sleep, Alex gives a slight shake of his head to Mew's last words, "They're very different things indeed. What I said certainly wasn't a disagreement; it was goading. I wanted to see if he really was incapable of doing anything anymore, but he's acting now. If he was just coddled and given no confrontation, would he ever act? No way for me to know that, so I'll just push for it to happen."

---

Hearing the discussion at the tower, the young man looks between Magnus and this new arrival before stepping up beside the old man, his voice gentle, "You've been doing things alone for a long time now, and you're hitting your limit. Since she seems to know you, I'm guessing she's got a lot of influence herself. Are you really going to shut out somebody who could help you? Help Uyum? Ignoring us I can understand, we've only got so much life under our belts, but others like you too? Give it some thought. Not even gods are meant to do everything alone."

Charm: 5D6+2 = [3, 5, 4, 4, 4]+2 = 22
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 am

Soo, another Regi? Like poor regifae? Irene also gives the Queen a bit of a hard look. "I know human children might be the last people you want to trust, but it's also humans that have made the mess... both in the past and now. At least let us know enough to help clean up."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 am

Haley looks at the new lady ”Will you help defeat grim? We can deal with the tower afterwards so we don’t forget. They are using it as a crutch anyways.”

She looks at the tower ”Lets kick some ass!”

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Izzy is oblivious to the godly drama going on. Her focus is entirely on the plan - more specifically, how they're gonna get people up onto the roof.

"Okay, I can take the lead with Kay, clear the air if there's anything up there. Alex, you've got a Skarmory, right? Do you want to ride them, or loan him to someone else? And who wants to get a lift with Maku? Also, does anybody have any healing? He kinda got beat up saving the Power Station."

"But that's only four of us...anyone else coming?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:39 pm

"We've been told the roof will be tightly secured, so you're going to need that Klefki's skills to get you in, hopefully they've not been worn out." Rummaging through his pack, the young man digs out the one potion he has, handing it to Izzy, "That's all I can offer, sadly, and I doubt we want to stop here while Koa cooks up something. As for Mercury... I have some doubts about his willingness to cooperate with others, but I don't at all like the idea of being that high up with razor feathers cutting into me."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:31 pm

”Didn’t you get a saddle? I want to fly! I only have Archie who can’t quite carry me yet but I don’t mind being carried up there.”

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:51 pm

"Luna's got Maku covered, yeah?" Koa says in response to Izzy.

There's an exchange between Magnus and the Queen, then. What's this about? Is the Queen another god-pokemon? Or is she just a good friend? It's hard to imagine the headmaster being good friends with anyone aside from Mew, but Koa supposes it's possible.

Then Magnus starts to stomp off towards the tower.

"Whoa, hold up! Those Kingsmen guys said there were snipers last we were here! I don't... know where, though," Koa admits, not seeing any windows on the spire. "And ain't there another way in? They said they don't ever see the Red Hand coming in or out, but they made it out here anyway. What's that about?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:53 pm

"When would I have got a saddle, Haley?"
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 am

"It's not quite the same as healing, but I can help prevent some pain."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Izzy takes full advantage of any healing Luna might have to offer, making sure Maku and Kay are fully recovered before bringing up any of her own wounds.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:30 pm

"But that's only four of us...anyone else coming?"

Bruce, having mostly stood in the background up until now, speaks up. I caught a Crobat earlier today that's probably big enough to lift me. I can join the fight on the roof.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:50 am

Everyone

”Will you help defeat grim? We can deal with the tower afterwards so we don’t forget. They are using it as a crutch anyways.”

"...Who the fuck is Grim?"

"Lorekeeper Grim."

"Oh. That guy. The hell is he doing in there?" the Queen asks, though the last particular question ends up ignored as Magnus turns to Haley.

"And as for you- You will not be doing anything. Once I fix the tower, things are going to resume as they were."

"If you do not agree with that, then do not come."

"You've been doing things alone for a long time now, and you're hitting your limit. Since she seems to know you, I'm guessing she's got a lot of influence herself. Are you really going to shut out somebody who could help you? Help Uyum? Ignoring us I can understand, we've only got so much life under our belts, but others like you too? Give it some thought. Not even gods are meant to do everything alone."

At first it looks like the old man is simply ignoring sage advice again, clearly having grown tired from it. Still, at the mention of Uyum the man notably seems to perk up slightly- And honors Alex with a reply regardless after some pause.

"...It's not that easy. We are not one big happy family. Frankly, she should have no cause to complain." he starts, his voice just loud enough to indicate he wouldn't particularly mind if she overheard.

"After all, each time she meets with her sisters, squabbling and arguments are sure to follow. And I just offered her the chance to help. She declined."

"Oh come on, that's totally not a fair comparison- I'm not going to help you continue digging the same hole!" the Queen says, seeming to be thinking, before seeming to realize something.

"Well, good luck. I have to go check on something." she says, only briefly shrugging at Irene as she interjects.

"I know human children might be the last people you want to trust, but it's also humans that have made the mess... both in the past and now. At least let us know enough to help clean up."

The woman shrugs. "Hey, nothing personal kid. But I guess it doesn't even really matter much if what I'm hearing is correct."

The others meanwhile, had been spending this time to prepare for the assault, Izzy in need of healing... At first Luna ready to provide healing, right before Isabella practically shoves Jeremy forward, as he awkwardly stumbles out:

"Ah- Sorry, I mean, I still got more potions- Luna's healing is limited and more direct, so should save that for emergencies, right..?" he states, digging out his medical supplies- Maku ends up healed for 66 HP and gets a tick of temp HP! As they consider who should also go by air.

"I don't think any of us would mind, but I don't think we got any pokemon capable of flying us up..? I got spots, but little guy needs to evolve twice before he's gonna be useful for that."

"Could... Maybe risk taking two trips..?"

Koa also is worried about one more thing- Calling to Magnus before he gets too far.

"Whoa, hold up! Those Kingsmen guys said there were snipers last we were here! I don't... know where, though."

"Hmm. They were probably talking about the magic defences. They can... Lash out, when agitated." Magnus says, briefly seeming to gaze more intently at the tower, as if examining it closer. "I do not believe they are still active, with Grim's tampering. Maybe..."

"And ain't there another way in? They said they don't ever see the Red Hand coming in or out, but they made it out here anyway. What's that about?"

"Oh, they've seen them leave plenty. They just do not remember it. The Red hand... May have become unwitting protectors of the tower, of sorts." Magnus states, pausing for a short moment.

"I never quite liked it, but it was never worth the risk messing with the status quo."

"Now, are you all done..? I am going."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 am

Once Magnus leaves Haley turns to the queen. "....So do you want to help us destroy the tower and defeat Grim?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 am

Koa gives a skeptical look to the tower. "Defenses? And what, we just gotta rush in and hope they don't shoot at us too much?"

"...Wait a second, one last thing. Garnet said the Red Hand use like a sigil or something to keep them safe from the tower's mind-stuff. That'd work on the defenses, too, wouldn't it? 'Cause I might have a way to get is in safely, yeah?"

Koa rustles through his pack, producing the Red Hand uniform he'd liberated earlier, then proceeds to turn the mask and coat over, looking for some kind-of symbol that might fit the 'sigil' description.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:12 am

Izzy accepts the healing gladly, while also applying some Potions to herself and Kay.

"I don't think any of us would mind, but I don't think we got any pokemon capable of flying us up..? I got spots, but little guy needs to evolve twice before he's gonna be useful for that."

"Could... Maybe risk taking two trips..?"

"Yeah...Maku can take two people at once, so just two trips would work. Honestly, he's probably strong enough to manage three or four, but...well, he's only got two hands...."

"What if those of us flying solo go up first? We can fly around and distract the defences, give Maku time to do his thing."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Everyone

"....So do you want to help us destroy the tower and defeat Grim?"

"...Kid, if you seriously think destroying the tower is an option, you're way out of depth."

"Anyway, I'm out- I have someone to go check up on."

"Defenses? And what, we just gotta rush in and hope they don't shoot at us too much?"

"I think they're not active..."

"...Wait a second, one last thing. Garnet said the Red Hand use like a sigil or something to keep them safe from the tower's mind-stuff. That'd work on the defenses, too, wouldn't it? 'Cause I might have a way to get is in safely, yeah?"

Magnus simply nods in response, as Koa fetches the costumes out, beginning to search them... Eventually he does find something, hidden, woven in the cloth near the back- There's small bits of stone, or perhaps crystal in it, but the shape seems to be the most important part... This must be that "sigil", right?

"Mmm. That's it. Red hand just carries it. The sons have tattood it on."

"Yeah...Maku can take two people at once, so just two trips would work. Honestly, he's probably strong enough to manage three or four, but...well, he's only got two hands...."

"What if those of us flying solo go up first? We can fly around and distract the defences, give Maku time to do his thing."

"Sounds like a plan. So- Are we doing this..? And you want me or Jeremy to help you in sky team?"

"I'm not sure if I'd be able to handle flying..." Luna chips in.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:02 pm

"Mmm. That's it. Red hand just carries it. The sons have tattood it on."

"Great! Maybe this'll make things easier then?"

Koa proceeds to unload more than enough confiscated uniforms for everyone present, dumping them out from his overstuffed pack onto the ground.

"Everyone grab one! Wear it, carry it, I don't think it matters how, just so long as ya have it on you," Koa explains, using his sword to shear a patch of cloth with the sigil on it off one of the uniforms, placing it in a coat pocket. He offers one of the commanders' coats to Magnus. "Dunno if it'll make a difference, but just in case, yeah?"

If the Kingsmen watchers are still around, he'll leave the remaining coats for them in case anyone else comes late to the raid.

With that bit of preparation done, Koa is ready to forge ahead with Magnus on the Ground team!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Haley puts on the coat, glad to have something to protect her from the mind wipe.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 am

Bjorn takes one of the suits, and hands another to Luna. "Here, stick by me," he says.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Izzy accepts one of the sigils from Koa, then turns to the Queen.

"So, you're not coming in with us...?"

"...alright. Thanks for helping with the bomb. It would've been pretty bad if you hadn't turned up. Here, this is my number - lemme know if you ever need help with anything, okay?"

------------------------------------------

"Sounds like a plan. So- Are we doing this..? And you want me or Jeremy to help you in sky team?"

"I mean...both of you would be good? But probably Jeremy at least, since then both groups have healing and stuff. ANd if only one of you wants to come, then we could maybe do it in one trip?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:12 am

Ok, just be careful scouting first. While note much Irene gives the frailest flyer "sage" to help them endure a little.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Bruce grabs a uniform and rips off the sigil, stuffing it in his jeans. Then, without a word he releases his crobat, until he somewhat awkwardly realizes is the first time it has been released since being caught. Very quickly, he thinks of a name. Name's Bruce. Your name is... um... Knight. And I need you to fly me up there. Bruce points to the general direction of the top of the hotel.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett