Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Aw. What? I don't want to.
[1d20] = 3 [1d20] = 20

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Haley

Again, Haley finds herself trapped in this strange dark maze within the land of dreams, where... Something is calling to her. After what feels like hours going through the illogical maze, a familiar, yet unknown voice calls out once more, simultaneously coming from nowhere, yet all around...

"You again? You're not supposed to get in here more than once..."

"Don't let me see you again, or I won't be as nice next time. Get up."

And so, with a snap, she wakes up... Just at the same time the creature she put to sleep was. Except, well, it wasn't the same creature... And not a zoroark or something similar, as one might have expected, but... A gardevoir? If one with a dark dress and hair, rather than the standard green. It looks just a bit peeved.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 pm

"No you don't get pissy at me! You caused me to sleep first AND YOU FUCKING STOLE FROM ME! This is the second fucking time! You aren't supposed to have illusion ability! Why the feck?!"

She glares at the gardivour. "Give. Me. Back. My. Item. Please."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Haley

"No you don't get pissy at me! You caused me to sleep first AND YOU FUCKING STOLE FROM ME! This is the second fucking time! You aren't supposed to have illusion ability! Why the feck?!"

"...It's not stealing if it's part of the game."
It eventually replies, getting up slowly, it's... Voice not really making clear whether it's supposed to male or female. It doesn't seem to bother replying to Haley's second statement, though.

"Give. Me. Back. My. Item. Please."

There's another brief pause, as the gardevoir seems to consider... And eventually it tosses the one idol it had just stolen back at her- Before turning, and simply walking away.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm

"Nobody told me that. It's not much of a fun game, getting items you worked for stolen away." Haley picks up the idol. "Thank you." As soon as the gardivour is out of sight, Haley looks for a way out of this place.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 am

Thinking about his sneasel, Bjorn operates the machine to produce a Razor Claw, before trying the other door and investigating how to open it. If he succeeds in getting a Razor Claw but with no way through the other door, he FINALLY returns to the exit.

Bjorn Perception check: 5D6 = [5, 5, 4, 4, 5] = 23
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:25 am

Irene acrobatics [4d6] = 17 Seeing the two pokemon start to fall Irene instincts kick in, all the times playing games seems to help her move fluidly, running a few steps before jumping into the air to nestle one in her arms... hoping the other one will be ok.

Etoile happily takes advantage of the birds cowardice to puncish it some more alwalys glad to harm the pesky birds.
Etoile struggle [1d20] = 11 damage [1d8+31] = 4+31 = 35

As the next round starts Irene hastily puts down the bug she caught before dashing after Cygnus worried to let him go to far off on his own. Seeing Irene's intent Polaris quickly pulls ahead of Irene his earlier sprinting shenagins putting him at the same speed as the fleeing scyther. Etoile, just do what you think is best! Irene shouts leaving the main combat behind

Etoile decides that the best action is to unleah more punches onto any birds that still have prey, and if none have prey then to punch whichever one looks the healthiest
Etoile comet punch [1d20] = 15 punches landed [1d8] = 5 etoile triple punch [2d6+33] = 7+33 = 40

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 am

Knowing that a lot of Zubat are kinda weak, Brice decides the only ones worth catching are those who are brave enough to stand and fight. So, not caring about the sound of rocks, he runs in charging at the zubats, screaming at them, while releasing Scraps.

Perception=8
Intimidation=13
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am

As the Staravia tries to escape, Izzy tries to kick out at it - but her leg just ends up flailing weakly in the air. Then Kay's tail comes out of nowhere, smacking it in the side! Kay also ignores the biting Grubbin, Irene's barrier resisting most of the damage (reducing it from 15 down to 7).

Izzy Struggle (AC: 1, Damage: 13)
Kay Struggle (AC: 19, Damage: 33)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:07 am

Drake will release Nox while he focuses a bit more on the rock sound nearby than Bruce making sure he's targeted by 50 confuse rays or more. Drake does however release Nox that is ready to support Bruce and the others with a helping hand (Priorities an AoE move if available otherwise just whatever attack Scraps is doing).

Drake perception: 5d6 = [6, 3, 3, 2, 2] = 16
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Seeing the birds cut their losses and bolt, Izzy directs Kay down to the ground - carefully depositing the Grubbin on the floor. Then she notices Irene's frantic chase after the rapidly escaping Scyther.

"Hey, get back here!"
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Haley

Haley proceeds onward through the door she had previously found- Beyond lies another room, much like the spider one she had found earlier, though much, much cleaner... Given the lack of spiders, that is. In fact, the only notable thing here seems to be an exit of the room towards the right, and a large mirror off to the left... Upon which seeing it she does a double take, as within said reflection of the mirror she can see a pedestal and idol in the middle of the room..! But... No such thing seems apparent in the actual room.

Bjorn

Claiming the razor claw, Bjorn investigates the second door further, but... Finds nothing that can really help solve how to get through. He does think he can find what might be a tiny latch or something, but fiddling with it quite a bit, doesn't quite manage to get anything to give... And so with that, he turns back towards the exit- Finally leaving, as he steps through a hallway where the lights slowly begin to rise, acclimating him back to the light. And once outside, he finds Jack waiting.

"Good job. I'll take those idols you found, as well as the flashlight and such. Your pokemon and stuff are in the room over there. Had fun..?"

Irene, Izzy

Irene rushes to capture the falling Grubbin... Succeeding! To an extent, at least- She can only cushion the impact so much, and part of that even ends up hurting her- Though only for a measly 7(1) damage, not nearly to the extent what the grubbin experiences... Though while it's left heavily injured, it IS still conscious... A very similar fate to the Charjabug, which is left barely able to move as it strikes the ground with an almost sickening crunch... But it's a relieve to see that it IS still moving, though it's going to take a long time to heal those injuries.

Etoile meanwhile hits one of the escaping Starvia, further injuring it... Then punches after yet another one of the uninjured birds. Seeing this persistent bug however, the birds seem to pause their escape...

Kay meanwhile KO's another bird as it tries to flee, before descending to the ground to drop off the grubbin... Where she discovers hidden among the grass, two more charjabug and grubbins. Luckily, while wary, the pokemon seem to realize your intent, especially as you drop off an unharmed, if still somewhat panicking Grubbin, and make no motion to attack.

The same can't be said about the birds that Etoile continued to pester, however. While the first group of birds had officially fled, requiring efforts to catch up with if that's what one would want, the three remaining birds of the second group gang up on Etoile after it continued to chase... One missing, but two others hitting for 39(66) and 35(58) damage, more than knocking him out...

As he starts plummeting to the ground.

Oh, the scyther is also still running, and an angry vikavolt knocks out the leader- But that doesn't seem nearly as dramatic a note to end on.

Barrier(2)
Irene(23/19)
Etoile(20) -49/45, falling from 17 meters...
Scyther(18) Running with KO'd Grubbin, 6 meters away from Cygnus, 39 meters generally
Izzy(16) 44/72
Kay(16/21) 86/101 flinched
Rhythm(16)
5 staravia(15) #A KO #B captured #C,D,E fled
5 staravia(13) #1 badly injured, #2 KO #3 KO, #4: injured ALL: 18 meters up
Staravia(12) KO
Cygnus(11)
Polaris(5/4) +2 SPD
Vikavolt(4) heavily injured
3 Charjabug(4) #1 very badly injured
5 Grubbin(3) #1 badly injured #3 injured
► Show Spoiler
Drake, Bruce

Bruce barely cares about the strange sounds, while Drake pays at least some attention and... Can tell that those are definitely not regular pokemon sounds. It could be a pokemon making non-ordinary sounds but it definitely sounds like... Some kind of tool?

Bruce meanwhile, has a genius plan... Running into the zubat-filled cave while screaming. Isabella only manages to mutter a "What the fuck" under her breath, as a light is shone down the path and... Lots and LOTS of beady red little eyes light up, wings quickly unfurling as their rest is ruined... Though in Bruce's defence he was right in that most of them would be too cowardly to actually fight.

It's just that the other response to "Fight or flight" is, well, flight.

And there's a whole bunch of them.

And... He's kind of standing in the way of what is presumably their only exit.

The horde of zubat takes flight- And a whole bunch of potentially sharp wings comes flying their way to rush past the group as they do...

Acrobetics or athletics rolls please, as well for any pokemon that are out.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Haley goes to where the pedistal should be on her side of the mirror, feeling for anything off. If that comes up with nothing she'll go up to the 'mirror' and runs her hands across is, trying to feel if it's an illusion.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 am

Bjorn hands over the idols and equipment, commenting "Well, it was interesting! I did enjoy the idol challenges, and there was a lot of wailing and moaning in there! Not sure if that was something I was supposed to encounter, or someone in trouble, but I had a bad feeling so I avoided it!" He collects his pokemon and gear.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:35 pm

"HEY!"

Before Etoile can hit the ground, Izzy and Kay fly up to catch her. While Izzy grabs the falling bug, Kay begins to whip up a Razor Wind around her, silently daring the birds to try anything else...

Izzy Acrobatics: 24

Razor Wind: +2 Evasion until her next turn.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:45 am

Buzzing eagerly at the challenge Etoile easily used the barrier to reduce the damage 39(33) and 35(29) Damage respectively, while not enough to keep her alert, it does greatly reduce the threat to her life.

Frustrated, Irene calls out to Cygnus to stop chasing scyther, and he does... begrudgingly very clearly unwilling to give up. Not able to do much from the distance, Irene manages to give a heartening shout for Izzy and co.

Show your best
all allies get +1 df stage and become motivated
Polaris is sprinting back towards combat
Cygnus is walking back

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:46 am

Drake sees the pattern of zubats and dodges expertly

Drake acrobatics (skill monkey): 5d6+2 = [6, 6, 6, 5, 2] = 27
Ghos acrobatics: 4d6+3 = [6, 4, 3, 1] = 17
Nox athletics: 3d6+2 = [6, 4, 1] = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 am

Bruce tries to dive down below the Zubats, but it doesn't quite work out

Bruce Athletics=8
Scraps Athletics=15
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Haley

Haley walks forward, slowly approaching where the pedestal should be, lowering a hand to try and interact with it... And expectantly, hitting only air- Though looking at her reflection, instead finds it halting it's hand there... Before it suddenly shifts in a way she herself is not, and there's a rather familiar voice.

"Mhm. Yeah, that's an idol."

Bjorn

"Well, it was interesting! I did enjoy the idol challenges, and there was a lot of wailing and moaning in there! Not sure if that was something I was supposed to encounter, or someone in trouble, but I had a bad feeling so I avoided it!"

"Is that so..?" Jack questions, raising an eyebrow at Bjorn inquisitively. "Strange... I suppose perhaps some of the machinery in charge of the doors might make a sound like that. I'll have it checked out."

"In each case... whenever you are ready, we may move on to the battle. It's a pretty standard battle, with one special rule: we'll fight in the dark. At this level it will only be partial darkness, so your pokemon will only suffer reduced vision. In addition, you found four idols, which will give you four times access to the lights. You can put on a dimmer to make the light levels normal for a couple rounds, or flash them so MY pokemon end up blinded for a round."

"Does that make sense? Any questions?"

Izzy, Irene

The trainers turn towards the dropping ledian, who's saved from a much worse situation thanks to the shield- Irene, realizing that the scyther is already glancing back and considering delivering a similar fate to the pokemon chasing it if it doesn't give up... As Izzy darts upwards to intercept Etoile's fall- She does succeed, heavily managing to cushion his fall... If taking a negligible 7(2) damage, though not looking too bad seeing Etoile who took the brunt of it; A total of 83(77) damage and a total of 7 injuries..! Still, at least it's alive, even if it's going to take a while to recover...

Kay meanwhile whips up a little windstorm, DARING those birds to try anything else... Who didn't even want to do anything else beyond this point- And with their one aggressor gone, lift off once more, continuing their escape from a feeding session gone bad, as things seem to be calming down...
► Show Spoiler
Drake. Bruce

Drake expertly predicts the incoming path of zubat, and dodges accordingly- As does Ghos, while Nox takes a reduced 20(14) damage... The same as Scraps who takes 20(5). Bruce meanwhile tries to dive down, but gets hit by a couple of the bats before he even lands- Taking the full 30(17) damage as the massive stream of zubat flies out... As does Jeremy, while Isabella manages to deflect any incoming bats before they do actual harm. Both of the pokemon they had out mange to avoid all damage as well.

And as the initial burst of zubat escape, Bruce's initial prediction comes true- As indeed, some of the more brave zubat stick around. Not just zubat, for that matter- Some golbat too, and one big crobat, just a bit peeved for the intrusion.

"I'm gonna punch you after we're done with this."

Frost(20)
Crobat(20)
Drake(15)
Max(15)
2 Golbat(15)
3 zubat(11)
Nox(10) 40/54
Isabella(10)
Jeremy(10)
4 zubat(8)
Bruce(6) 32/63
Scraps(1)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 pm

"Oh hey Guariviour. Or whatever creature you are." Haley feels the floor for any secrets where the 'idol' is. Haley goes over to the glass 'mirror' and looks around the cracks, trying ti figure out the secret to it opening and getting the idol. Per [5d6+5] = 13+5 = 18

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:35 am

Kay isn't ready to let the birds go just yet, the thrill of battle in her blood. Zooming forward, she unleashes her held Razor Wind at the two retreating birds, catching them in the back.

Razor Wind (AC: 8, Damage: 46)

But then Izzy calls her off, the pair flying back down to the ground. Hopping off Kay's back, she gently hands the unconscious Etoile to Irene.

"I'm sorry...I should've done more to help her."

"What about you guys? Are you all okay?"

Turning to the bugs, Izzy addresses the Vikavolt - it seems like the leader? She tries to look as friendly and non-threatening as possible, recalling Rhythm and nodding for Kay to back off a little.

(She also reclaims her caught Staravia - she'll deal with that later.)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Irene recalls Etoile no, no there was a lot more I could have done, I just got flustered. Plus I think she probably took out anger from dealing with other predators... I don't think any bug likes birds.

Cygnus however is less happy and less resigned pulling on Irene's skirt trying to get her to chase after scyther. Polaris however happily hops onto Cygnus's back for a nap after how hard he "worked" during this fight.

Sorry we couldn't save everyone. Irene tells the remaining bugs, looking warm and friendly.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Haley

"Oh hey Guariviour. Or whatever creature you are."

"Oh, met her, haven't you? Fair enough. You seem awfully quick to throw everything away to mere tricks, however, when not everything can be explained like that... Had nice dreams?"
her other part seems to snicker, while she investigates the mirror... Not finding any signs of being able to open the mirror, or being able to look behind it... It does seem perhaps slightly warm, however, and there's a thin layer of some kind of either plastic or metal on the outer sides.

Izzy, Irene

Kay sends out a final parting gift to some of the birds- Knocking out one more, as the others just take the hit before flying on..!

Izzy has caught a male lvl 23 timid staravia with keen eye and big pecks!
Both trainers get to share 199 exp among their pokemon!

Following that, the trainers settle down, addressing the bugs that were saved, the vikavolt descending back to the ground. It does seem cautious, still, a bit wary- But seems to recognize what the trainers have done, just like the other bugs, and grateful.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:13 pm

"Phht please. She could have told you, or since she's a coworker ye'd know that'd be her most likely thin' ta do when meetin new peoples, ye can be psychic, you could be her.

Or most likely you've been watchin' me."
Haley stares at the glass unamused.

"And what is infront of me is a monitor and we are video chatting. Also I saw that idol in a vent, unable to get to it."

(Am I guessing that the lone idol haley couldn't get to is the same one she is looking at. Is that right? You didn't really decribe either.)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Bjorn nods. "No questions, I understand."
► Show Spoiler