PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 am

Drake lets Izzy explain what happened as she knows how it started and was asked about it.

"Not sure if Irene told Izzy anything, but I haven't heard anything. Speaking of which, what have you been doing and where does this guy come into the picture?"

Drake nods in Bruces direction, still out of the loop from a year day of activity
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:56 am

Izzy brightens up when Koa and the others appear from...somewhere. She tries to half-heartedly hide her injuries, but gives up when he points them out.

"Oh hey, Izzy! Wow, you okay, what happened?"

"We were in a battle arena! Accidentally! Actually, Isabella did it on purpose, we just jumped in to help her when it got super unfair. They tried to make it 5-on-1!"

"And uh... did Irene tell you what's goin' on? With our ghost friend?"

"Not sure if Irene told Izzy anything, but I haven't heard anything. Speaking of which, what have you been doing and where does this guy come into the picture?"

"...oops, sorry. I meant to tell you, but then I got distracted by that Queen lady. Apparently Grimm is back? To be honest, with everything that's been happening I kinda forgot he even existed..."

Then Izzy seems to notice Bruce for the first time.

"Oh, hi! Are you that guy who had another "Tentacruel" like Koa's? I'm Izzy!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Haley

Haley chuckles at herself at missed humorous opportunities, but soon starts digging up the tombstone with her bare hands... The deeper she digs, however, the more stone she simply discovers- If it's much deeper than this, it's gonna be quite impractical to try and get it out...

At least her digging does reveal there's something down there, though- Some kind of box, a bit more down from the actual gravestone, and relatively shallow... She's already spending a lot of time and effort digging with her bare hands, though.

(I'll take a... Survival check to see how efficient you are continuing to dig if you choose to do so.)

Izzy, (Drake)

"...I'll think about it? I'm probably not going to be hitting anything with it, but still. Where could I find you?"

"Big building back there- Can't miss it." the gal lets know, sticking a thumb over her back... Even from the inside of this improvised arena, the old factory is still clearly present. It must have been impressive, once upon a time... Now the red masonry has seemingly fallen unused, and most of it's glass panes are shattered, while it's chimneys lie dormant. Well... Mostly- Some signs of life were breathed back into it, likely by the very same people that wished to make use of what its insides held.

---

"Uhh...hi! I'm Izzy! What's your name? Are you a security guard?"

The man's head almost lethargically turns back to Izzy... At which point she is luckily met with just the faintest courteous nod.

"Greetings, Izzy... I'm principal Magnus. Suppose that answers your question... Even if I'm not sure I still deserve that title." the man calmly replies.

"Can...can I use this infirmary too?"

The man raises one of his arms, vaguely gesturing in the direction Isabella was already heading out to... The girl in question giving a quick nod and motioning Izzy to follow her just as well.

"Yeah, don't worry- I'm sure the head nurse will spare a moment for actual injuries."

On the route there, the party does encounter the others in a reunion, beginning to converse about what both discovered, and what to do... In process, an now angry looking little lady nurse stomps out her room- Glaring daggers at the wounded Isabella as she grabs a hold of her arm: "Isabella! Get in here, NOW!" she yells, evidently not pleased of what the girl had done... In the process turning back to the rest of the party with the sweetest smile while pulling the girl along. "You can come in in a second, once I've helped your friend here..!"

Alex

The sableye swipes furiously for 32(11) damage... Before detecting Roy's attack, evading it!

lights remaining: 2)
Gwen(45/25) +4 SPD KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Murkrow(10/16) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Pillow(5) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured
Roy(4) 91/102
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Haley doubles her efforts on digging once she sees the box. surv [5d6+2] = 22+2 = 24

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:39 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:04 pm

"You can come in in a second, once I've helped your friend here..!"

"...yes ma'am!"

Not about to argue with the scary/sweet nurse, Izzy chills outside with the others as she waits her turn.

"So why are you guys here? Did you get hurt and need healing up too?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Koa crosses his arms as Isabella is carted away. "Hm. If she wanted to fight in some kind-of arena, she should've picked her armor up first, yeah?"

"So why are you guys here? Did you get hurt and need healing up too?"

"Oh yeah, we're fine now. The doctor lady used some kinda magic gel or something, and it fixed us right up. It's weird, but I'm not complaining," Koa says with a shrug. "We were just about to head to the pokemon center to meet up with you, but here you are!"

"So... Irene hasn't said what that Grimm guy's up to, but if it's anything like the first time then it's not gonna be anything good. When's this all going down anyway?" Koa asks Irene. "I was hoping to do some more prep work, but if there's no time...?"

"At the very least I wanna get a good meal in us before anything happens!"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:55 am

"I think there's time for a meal, I'm fairly certain it will happen tonight, not in the next hour. But yeah, the killing people was for a message according to Grimm Bruce. Makes no sense, but an undead ghost from a different dimension doesn't follow logic."

"and I was pretty roughed up a little" Irene says glances at some of the more obvious wounds on her.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Bruce mostly stays silent, practicing his intimidating look on anybody that might be wanting to give them trouble. Until a bunch of new people come by, and Irene address him.

"I think there's time for a meal, I'm fairly certain it will happen tonight, not in the next hour. But yeah, the killing people was for a message according to Grimm Bruce. Makes no sense, but an undead ghost from a different dimension doesn't follow logic."

Bruce kind of shrugs. It certainly makes an effective one. I've seen worse attempts at messages. But yeah. A meal sounds nice. We never got our pizza.

Bruce turns to Izzy and presumably Drake. I'm Bruce.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:17 am

((Sorry, hectic week.))

Want to see if he can pick up any other idols before leaving, Bjorn takes note of the exit and proceeds on straight ahead.

Perception = 5D6 = [1, 5, 5, 1, 5] = 17
Intuition = 2D6 = [4, 1] = 5
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 am

Drake will nod in Bruces direction.

"Hi, I'm Drake."

Drake proceeds to examine Bruce and Koa at a distance for a moment before looking a but more intensly on Irene. He speaks as he does so.

"So.. Why are you all completely covered in psychic residue? Grimm didn't strike me as a psychic pokemon when we first saw him and why is Irene covered in four different kinds of residue? Well one of them is her own I guess.. Should I use the spare time we have now on finding materials for psychic braces?"

As there is an agreement on a good meal, Drake will get his parasect and foongus from storage and harvest some mushrooms for the dinner.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:26 am

"Oh, are we? Eugh," Koa says, absently wiping at said invisible residue, probably to no effect. "Makes sense, though. We were up against some crazy-strong psychic lady who messed with our heads and made us forget stuff, I think? And she up and teleported Irene outta there to some other warehouse or something, and we had to get her back- oh yeah! Drake I got a weird staff for you to look at later, maybe you can figure out how it works?"

"But I don't... know if that psychic lady's gonna be a problem anymore. Her and Irene were getting friendly, I think. She just teleported you, right?" Koa asks Irene. "She didn't do anything to you after that?"

Anyway, Koa will accept a Big Mushroom or 2 Tiny Mushrooms from Drake, whichever is more convenient for him, cutting them up into Preserves to save resources, and then starts making some Hearty Meals! He has enough to feed Drake, Irene, Izzy, Bruce, and Jeremy. Koa will wait until Isabella's out before he makes another batch for the two of them.

Everyone who eats a Hearty Meal gains +2 max AP until their next Extended Rest!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 am

Haley

Haley starts digging out the box, with her bare hands given no better tools... It's still a lengthy effort, though not nearly as lengthy as it would have taken most others- As she manages to retrieve a small little box! Inside, she finds what looks to be a... Herb translation guide? That, and a dusk ball...

Alex

Roy performs another punch... And scores the KO, winning the battle!

"Congratulations- A good victory."

Alex gains the Dusk badge milestone!
Alex gains 960 exp to share among her pokemon!
Alex earns 4000 dollars!

Bjorn

Bjorn decides to head straight onwards- It not taking long before he ends up in another larger room... One that's not exactly pleasant..! Webs cover the room from head to toe, the entire ceiling covered in a layer so thick the actual height of the room is unknown... And there's definitely movement within.

From here, it seems there's two ways out... Or one, rather- It seems there's an exit to the right, but it's blocked by a steel door... While straight ahead there's a larger door that doesn't exactly look pleasant to try and go through. The passageway covered in webs, with an even deeper web-covered room beyond. Though it appears there's another pedestal within...

Izzy, Koa, Irene, Bruce, Drake, Irene

The group takes the reunion to discuss and talk among each other, Koa also taking the opportunity to start making some meals... Jeremy of course, also has things to say.

"Grimm..? I was hoping we wouldn't need to see him again..."

It certainly makes an effective one. I've seen worse attempts at messages. But yeah. A meal sounds nice. We never got our pizza.

"That's... Something, at least... I guess we should prepare? What can we even do to prepare..?"

Drake meanwhile, shares the info of the psychic residue on the others- Namely Koa, Bruce and Irene... Irene especially having more than one source lingering her. Though, as he starts looking at the infirmary room, he comes to a shocking conclusion, one of which he's not sure how he missed it before- They're not the only ones. A good number of the people within the halls carry the very same signature, in varying states of "decay"... Most already faded, but some practically new. He wonders how he couldn't have noticed something like that before, assuming it stretches beyond the academy- As there's already a small headache brewing...

Finally, the door to the nurse's office is opened- A much better, but still injured looking Isabella stepping out. "Alright, you can come in now..! You don't look too well yourself..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:26 am

Haley pockets the dusk ball and picks up the guide. She places the guide on the alchemical table, before going back to the other graves and starts digging them out, using the lid to the box as a digging implement.
surv [5d6+2] = 25+2 = 27

After she is done digging all of the graves, she goes see what the alchemical table is all about. (Can you tell me what she needs to roll, using the herb guide as translation)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:10 am

Bjorn tries coating the webs ahead with powder snow to negate their stickiness and allow them to be pushed out of the way. If that doesnt work and he risks getting stuck in the web, he backtracks and takes the other path.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 am

Alex has a momentary crisis over sudden gender change, but gets over it real quick 'cause he's dealt with too much already nods to the congratulations, "Well, truth be told it was hardly a balanced fight, but I wouldn't have had a chance if I took the next rank." A slight shrug follows, "Rather than winning, I'm more interested in knowing whether you can tell me about anybody from whom I can learn about being and aura guardian. Your assistant suggested I ask you about that."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:57 am

Koa glances over Isabella to see how she's faring. "Heya. Why didn't you pick your armor up before jumping into an arena or whatever? Ya might've done better, yeah?"

In the meantime, Koa will go ahead and use the other half of his Preserves to make him and Isabella some Hearty Meals.

He'll also send Jack another text, this time with regards to preparations:

Code: Select all

Hey, it's Koa again. You know that free tutor service I got from your gym?
Is there anyone in town you trust enough to do that with the pokemon I showed you yesterday?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am

"That's... Something, at least... I guess we should prepare? What can we even do to prepare..?"

I'm assuming you've been in a fight before, yeah? Well, this Grimm is a giant ghost thing, so it'll probably be weak to the same stuff. If you guys want, I can make us some special traps and stuff. Kinda like a grenade but it poisons or confuses or something like that instead of blows up.

I was also hoping to hunt down another member for my team of I had time. I need some more bodies.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am

"Alright, you can come in now..! You don't look too well yourself..."

"Okay!"

Izzy merrily skips into the nurse's room, chattering away as she goes.

"Yeah, I got attacked by spiders yesterday. Electric ones. And then there was some stuff with rocks and fire today. It's been a...pretty crazy few days, I guess?"

"Oh right, is there somewhere to heal Pokemon here? Mine got kinda beat up protecting me and Isabella..."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:06 am

Drake will try to remember if he knows anything about people, pokemon or something else that might leave enough residue to cover so many people for who knows how long.

"Seems like a lot of residue just for one psychic woman.. But sure, I'll take a look at the staff when we've got a moment to spare.

I'm assuming you've been in a fight before, yeah? Well, this Grimm is a giant ghost thing, so it'll probably be weak to the same stuff. If you guys want, I can make us some special traps and stuff. Kinda like a grenade but it poisons or confuses or something like that instead of blows up.

I was also hoping to hunt down another member for my team of I had time. I need some more bodies.

"Hmm, I could go with you hunting for pokemon. I need to find a place where I can find some shards, preferably a place with sand or rocks as they usually contain more shards. I should hopefully be able to get materials enough for some psychic and ghost braces as that sounds like the most likely encounter.."

While waiting for people to be taken care off, Drake will handle his daily harvesting.

Drake occult edu: 5d6 = [5, 5, 4, 1, 1] = 16
Drake mushroom harvest: 1d20 = [11] = 11
Drake mushroom harvest: 1d20 = [2] = 2
Drake mental herb harvest: 1d3-1 = [2] = 1
Drake apricorn harvest: 1d2-1 = [2] = 1
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Oh, yeah there were more psychics where I got teleported to, and I did teleport to escape... guess the battle isn't so easy to shake off after all. Irene shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot while looking at her hands.

"I wouldn't mind going out too, I don't need any more friends, but some of my pokemon I haven't had much of a chance to raise properly."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Haley

Haley puts the little guide down at the alchemy bench, looking it over... Seems it will test her occult, medicine, and survival skills- Though the medicine part should be made a LOT easier thanks to the little guide.

And with that info, she soon heads back to digging, now with a very crude instrument... Even then, it takes time however, and one of the graves is proven to just be... Empy. The other one meanwhile, holds a small casket- One that she's almost dug out as there is the sudden sound of a bell echoing through the halls... Causing her to look around, though nothing seems to be happening- Yet, at least.

In each case, she soon digs out the little box- Within finding only a rose..?

Obtained the black rose

Brushing off some dust, she does manage to recover otherwise well hidden names from the graves... The empty grave being "Eliza", while the one with the rose was "Matt"..? That seemed vaguely familiar for some reason...

(Roll occult edu, medicine edu and survival)

Bjorn

Bjorn frosts the web up a bit, which seems to be working in making them non sticky... But is also pissing off some of the spinarak in the room beyond the webs- Causing them to hiss, though keeping a cautious distance from him... It might be possible to try and squeeze through, especially with a couple of the webs frozen, though... Is it worth it?

(If you're heading back to the start, let me know where to exactly and provide me with perception/intuition rolls again. Otherwise, it'd be acrobatics or athletics to try and get through the web without touching...)

Alex

"Well, truth be told it was hardly a balanced fight, but I wouldn't have had a chance if I took the next rank."
"Oh, no offense taken... Most people do it, honestly, and it's hard to blame them- That's just how the system is made. It only matters if you've intention to try and challenge the elite four someday..."

"Rather than winning, I'm more interested in knowing whether you can tell me about anybody from whom I can learn about being and aura guardian. Your assistant suggested I ask you about that."

"Did she, now..?"

"Yeah. I can probably arrange something, if you'd need help with that."

Koa, Drake, Bruce, Irene

"Heya. Why didn't you pick your armor up before jumping into an arena or whatever? Ya might've done better, yeah?"

Isabella... Looks at Koa with a look that drops his defense CS with one- And she doesn't even know leer!

"...Look. Yeah, maybe I should have. I've already got it pointed out to me by like ten different people I'm an idiot, so... Yeah."

Isabella seems to forgive him when offered some mushroom stew, though, realizing she hadn't eaten yet... At which time he sends that message to Jack. It takes a while for him to answer, probably busy with a bit more important stuff given recent happenings... But he does eventually shoot back a reply.

Code: Select all

Yeah, pretty much. I know he's not gonna fuss or raise a stink at least. Here's the address- Go whenever.
I'm assuming you've been in a fight before, yeah? Well, this Grimm is a giant ghost thing, so it'll probably be weak to the same stuff.

"I mean... I don't like battling, but I've been in battles before."

If you guys want, I can make us some special traps and stuff. Kinda like a grenade but it poisons or confuses or something like that instead of blows up.

"Ah... I can do the same. I mean... I never really offered but I figured that if anyone would ever want some..."

Drake meanwhile, is having a think, and a headache... He's not sure of anything that could do something like this. Maybe a legendary..? But even those would actually need to see their target or at least be close, so, there has to be something... He has heard of magical artifacts or things that affect things in an area around them- Something of that kind could perhaps be doing... Something? But what could even be powerful enough to...

...What was he thinking about again? Oh, why does almost everyone, himself included, have this one psychic signature..? There has to be something causing that...

Following this, they talk about going out for pokemon hunting- Something that should be very feasible... Drake also takes care of his harvesting tasks for now.

"I suppose some training wouldn't hurt... Are we going to be looking for anything particular? I do know the area around here..."

Izzy

Izzy hops in with the nurse, who gestures her over to the table immediately- Starting with the examination, cleaning the worst of the wounds, giving her something to drink to help restore her vitality... And looking through her stuff for something to help fasten the healing.

"Yeah, I got attacked by spiders yesterday. Electric ones. And then there was some stuff with rocks and fire today. It's been a...pretty crazy few days, I guess?"

"Believe it or not darling, I'd rather hear that than some of the other stories you hear around this part... Bite your teeth for a moment, there's still a bit of rock stuck in your skin here..." she says- Her statement quickly followed by a sharp pain, before soon beginning to apply some of her ointment that helps remove some of the issues...

Izzy is healed of one injury and to full HP

"Oh right, is there somewhere to heal Pokemon here? Mine got kinda beat up protecting me and Isabella..."

"There's some healing machines for you to use right outside darling- Though you'll have to keep watch over them if you're paranoid I'm afraid. Now, feeling better I hope..?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Hopefully I can subsitute medicine with tech, because chemist is tech based instead of med based.

Occult [1d6] = 6 tech [5d6+1] = 10+1 = 11 surv [5d6+2] = 14+2 = 16
Not only is Eliza is the fairy gym leader, but was also in the abra puzzle.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:31 pm

So, two hunters and two fighters. That'll be good. I want a little extra something, but it'll be tough to find anything special in the city. And I doubt that we have time for a trip outside. I'd be nice to have a flying type, so a Zubat would be cool. Really, any poison type, other than Muk and Koffing. And... no Trubbish either. He turns to Drake.

I'll help you look for any pokemon you want as well.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Alex nods to the question, "I'd appreciate it if you could see fit to do so. At the moment I'm just feeling things out by intuition; a weak ability to send and sometimes receive thoughts, and the ability to see auras that I can't ignore, I haven't worked out anything else yet."
My game:

My characters: