PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Koa, Alex, Izzy, Irene

While Alex converses with Izzy on route, it's Koa who responds to the intercom:

"Hrm... well I was hoping to see this Alistair guy. I bought some pokeballs at the 'market', and he said Alistair had way better stuff than he did! I was thinking of maybe buying something? But if he's not here...."

"Customers?!" comes through the intercom, followed by a loud buzzing noise that signals the door opening. Entering, they first enter... Calling it a hallway probably would be an exaggeration. There was enough room for one, maybe two people to stand in the small space, before a narrow staircase led upwards, curling up around to presumably the second floor, another equally narrow staircase leading down to a door and, again presumably, the basement. To their right stood a tiny, rather dubious looking elevator, while straight on the left a door leading to what the structure of the house would imply to be a room. From the top of the stairs a voice shouts down, it's source not visible. "Come in, come in, just take the door to your left! I'll be down in a moment!"

(Perception rolls from everyone please)

Haley

Haley uses up her last flash, but this time around the Murkrow manages to hit despite it..! It hits for 58(51) damage, doing hefty damage... Before the counter attack instantly knocks out the bird!

"Well, I've only one pokemon left, adn sinc ehe can't attack from ranged which you seem intent to... Congratulations- You win."

Haley gains the Dusk badge milestone!
Haley gains 960 exp to share among her pokemon!
Haley earns 4000 dollars!

Drake, (Bruce)

Drake orders Ghos to use hypnosis on the man, and... Finds the attack to go through him. He seems a bit peeved about it, but doesn't remark on it, simply continuing his direct stride towards Drake and then... Going through him.

There's a deep chill as the man passes through him, the Mismagius keeping a safe distance away seeing the "attack" earlier. He passes through Jeremy and Isabella as well, before practically shoving one end of the rope in Isabella's hands as he turns around. Here he suddenly seems far more solid. He briefly speaks up with a grizzled voice, and a heavy accent.

"God damn kids in my god damn mountain, getting themselves killed..!"

With that, the strange appearance turns around again, now outright vanishing- Before appearing again just in front of Bruce's unconscious body, planting a boot rather harshly to force his descent to stop.

"Git the rope down here and y'all can hoist him back up!"

"I've got potions..! If I could just... Reach around..."

Bjorn

Tank abuses his shot, smashing into the Mightyena with force..! It seems pretty sturdy against the attack, surprisingly, but still takes damage... And then adds on some more damage with chip away! Finally, it retaliates with a bite for 36(20) damage.

Lights remaining: 3
Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94 recalled
Sting(16) KO
Tank(16/12) 79/85
Murkrow(16) injured, recalled
Houndour(15) recalled
Mightyena(14) injured
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Nodding vigorously, Izzy begins taking notes in her sketchbook as Alex goes off on his spiel about Pokemon training techniques.

"Okay, but what if they're like, infected by the essence of evil and will probably try to actually kill you when you let them out of their ball?"

Per: 19

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Not really having a reason not to, Koa proceeds to enter the left door as asked.

Perception at Alistairs: 2d6 = [5, 4] = 9

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Alex pauses at Izzy's question, a dubious expression crossing his features for a moment, "Normally I'd treat that as a joke, but after everything, I'm going to take that literally and say... Well, I guess your only option then is to beat the snot out of it so that it can't try to kill you, then... Infest it with the powers of good? This sounds more like a philosopher's question than a mentor's one... Some other time we'll try seeing whether its instincts are still functioning. If they are, it might respond to strong enough orders. If that doesn't work... Well, classically, the way to control something steeped in evil is with its magical weakness or by having it fear you, unfortunately."

Alex Per: 1D6 = [6] = 6

Hot damn, Alex is seeing everything. Well, everything is a bit of an overstatement. Everything he can see. So, like, the walls. Maybe some paint.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:22 pm

"If I might say something? If it's infected with "an essence of evil" then wouldn't that mean they were good before? Maybe you can help strengthen the good inside to overpower the essence that was infected into them?"

Distracted by the conversation Irene fathoms there are barriers to prevent walking in certain directions even if she can't see them. irene perception check [2d6] = 5

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:27 pm

"Sorry about that. I rather my mons get as least hurt as possible. Honestly, I thought you were going to knock him out. I had a plan in mind if you did to get rid of wierd power. ...Um is there a gym reward or was it the maze stuff? ...Also uh...what do you know about stupidly powerful pokemon? ....I may have saw one yesterday rip through ....uh stuff."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Bjorn quickly recalls Tank for Husk, then if Jack does NOT switch he opts for a light flash to distract the mighthyena.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am

Bjorn

Jack opts to immediately switch himself- Back to his murkrow. While he could send it out higher in the air, though, he sends it out where it'd still be in range...

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94 recalled
Sting(16) KO
Tank(16/12) 79/85 recalled
Murkrow(16) injured
Houndour(15) recalled
Husk(15)
Mightyena(14) injured, recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am

Izzy, Alex, Koa, Irene

Izzy and Alex continue conversation about the topic of how to deal with "rowdy" pokemon, Izzy quite bluntly dropping the hint that the pokemon may or may not be corrupted by the very seed of evil itself... To which Alex, of course knowing everything about the subject, suggests the remedy is beating it up. It's at this point that Irene herself chimes in too, suggesting that if the pokemon is corrupted, it might be cured... And what else could be the cure but kindness?

Then again, kindness might be hard to apply if it would actually try to hurt her the moment it's released... Perhaps there was to be found some kind of level ground..?

In each case, for now the trainers obediently step into the room on the left, and arrive on what... Seems to serve as a living room, of sorts. There's a couch, and a small table, but otherwise the living room seems rather bare of furniture and any kind of extra amenities, as it leads into a small kitchen of which the oven seems unused, and the microwave not cleaned in ages, with some dirty dishes having stacked up in the sink. Everyone notices the kitchen seems to have a small walk-in cupboard, though it's been remodeled- A multitude of what look to be small apricot trees in a growth setup, though the lights had already dimmed to allow them to rest.

The only one to notice something truly... Curious, perhaps, was Izzy, who takes notice of a radio that seems oddly positioned in the otherwise rather empty room. That glint... Is that a hidden camera..?

There's little time to debate that however, as that crappy little elevator turns out to work- And with a small ding the metal grating is pulled aside, and Alistair walks through carrying a wooden box. The man seems rather disheveled- Wearing a white coat that holds a couple stains of what looks to be mostly oil and rust, together with jeans that shared the same fate. On his face he seemed to hold a pair of glasses that were fine in contrast, though his black hair looked as if he had only just gotten out of the shower and had not cared for brushing- But unlike his clothing, he himself seemed immaculately clean.

"Careful, coming through!" the man says, pretty much dropping the wooden box on the table, before immediately popping up again with a grin on his face, as if it was his best customer smile. It seemed to fade just a slight bit as he continues, however.

"Ah... I don't recognize you. Are you out of town..? Strange to be here at this time. Strange, strange..." the man spoke, hands folding upon another nervously before he lets out a deep breath.

"But, let's talk business! What is it you're looking for, then? Just pokeballs? Modifications? Accessories..?"

Haley

Sorry about that. I rather my mons get as least hurt as possible. Honestly, I thought you were going to knock him out. I had a plan in mind if you did to get rid of wierd power.

"Oh no, it's quite fair. Like I said, you were well prepared for level twenty- But level thirty is a lot harder, so who knows how trying that'd have faired..? You're well in your right to have done as you did."

"...Um is there a gym reward or was it the maze stuff?"

"The four thousand you just got... And the maze stuff, yes."

...Also uh...what do you know about stupidly powerful pokemon? ....I may have saw one yesterday rip through ....uh stuff."

Jack raises a curious eyebrow, before continuing nonchalantly.

"Mostly that I'd need a bit more info than that to really give you a proper answer... I might know something, though I'm by no means an expert. But I can't tell if I'm not even certain what you are talking about..."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:35 pm

"Seems there's a grain of salt of truth to the ghost stories? Ghos could take the potion down there."

Drake just looks confused at the two others, not sure what to do with himself, besides give them a bit more room to work with by backing up a bit.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 pm

((Sorry, forgot to mention Husk has Agility Training from the morning so initiative is 19/15.))

Husk takes the opportunity to rush forward and strike the murkrow with a Brick Break while it is still in range, and if it is still standing then Bjorn will use a flash of lights to blind it.

Brick Break (AC = 11; Damage = 41)
Last edited by Synch on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:08 pm

"I defiently have more for you to go off of..."Haley looks around to see if there are any cameras before she brings out her dex and shows him a picture of Necrozma tearing not only through Singularity but also through reality itself. "I'm not...I am not sure what to do about this..."

----
Afterwards Haley goes to buy a shiny stone and has Buttercup evolve and switches her team and items around. She'll also look around for a big root.

She sends out Amber "I think I've decided, you complement my weaknesses, and I can do something to help you against yours." Haley gets out her dvd to change something into grass type. "If Im correct this should make you grass type. ...Would you like that?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Bjorn

Husk attacks first, delivering a nasty punch, while the Murkrow is preparing a brutal counter attack... But luckily, Husk discovers while those claws are razor sharp, it's defense is weak- And it knocks it out of the sky before it can attack, as it barely doesn't manage to scrape by even with pain resistance..!

"Damn. I was hoping it'd endure the attack so I could attack... Oh well."

Jack sends out the houndour again.

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Husk(19/15)
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94 recalled
Sting(16) KO
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15)
Mightyena(14) injured, recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:08 pm

"If I might say something? If it's infected with "an essence of evil" then wouldn't that mean they were good before? Maybe you can help strengthen the good inside to overpower the essence that was infected into them?"

"Yeah, that's basically what Sparky said too. Only he didn't make it sound very easy..."

"I'll show him to you guys later. Don't really want to try anything this risky before...whatever's about to happen."

Inside the weird Pokeball man's house, Izzy is pretty quiet. She barely has $500 left, so she probably wasn't going to be buying anything soon. That said, she does keep an eye on that hidden camera.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Oh? what kind of accessories do you have? after a slight pause she'll also ask Are you doing ok? You just seemed frazzled. Maybe it's because she's the first human he might have seen in days, or at least the first one not demanding money but Irene's voice is soothing.
Irene charm check [5d6] = 22

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 am

Koa's not really keen on sticking his nose into this guy's problems, especially not with an imminent something about to happen. He just wants to see what this guy has, maybe buy something, and be off to deal with whatever it is he's supposed to deal with.

"Yeah, sure! I think I've got all the pokeballs I need for now, but my friend told me about these things called cases? They're things you put on your pokeballs to make 'em do stuff?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 am

Bjorn gives a fist pump. "Thank goodness I gave them all agility training for extra speed, not sure how Husk would have handled striking second!"

To his mon, "Great work Husk, serve up another of those!"

Husk sprints forward, yet again her claw glowing with a brilliant white light which she brings down in a swift chop.

Brick Break (AC = 7; Damage = 35) (Super effective!)

(1 AP used if necessary to hit, head calc says it should though?)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 am

Bjorn

Husk strikes again, doing great damage... In fact, much to Jack's chagrin, even as he orders the pokemon to bite through it, that seems to again be only barely just not enough..!

"Well, that's certainly a comeback... Time for my last pokemon then!" he says, releasing his Mightyena again

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Husk(19/15)
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94 recalled
Sting(16) KO
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) injured
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:20 am

Drake, Bruce

"Seems there's a grain of salt of truth to the ghost stories? Ghos could take the potion down there."

"I've got some medical training, it'd be best if I could apply it myself, but... It's too narrow, yes- Probably best."

"Damn mister gonna take a good couple minutes to get up anyway, hit his head good he did." the strange man says, apparently inspecting the bruise for a moment, before scoffing it off. "Toss the damn thing down and I'll... Spray it on? That's how those damned things work, yea?"

The man seems to make no comment on Drake's "ghost" statement, applying the potion as Bruce is bought back to the positives, to rouse from his slumber in about ten minutes... Leaving the trainers to either wait for him to wake up, or use the rope to try and hoist him back up- Isabella seeming intent on the latter as she passes the rope back and seems intent on pulling, as Jeremy only feebly raises his voice.

"What about the treasure..?"

"Ain't no forkin treasure, I was trying to scare ye damned kids off! What makes y'all go down a collapsed caveway of all bloody things?!"

Haley

"I defiently have more for you to go off of..." Haley states, showing some pictures of the meeting with the GRAND OVERSEER... Jack frowns thoughtfully, nodding mostly to himself, as it appears he at least takes your words seriously... Even if his words might not be as comforting as hoped.

"I'm not...I am not sure what to do about this..."

"Frankly, neither do I, though surprisingly enough you're not the first to come to me with an issue like this... You've not taken one of his children now as well, have you..?"

"In each case... I think this is a bit above my pay grade. Both of us, in fact. It'd be best not to meddle with powers like this, you understand?"

"...I AM planning to see what I can do, assuming there's anything. In the future, that is- Right now, I'm afraid I have... Other things to worry about."

---

Later on, Haley releases some of her pokemon, though the focus falls on Amber, who is soon offered a rather peculiar choice... The pokemon seems perhaps a bit cautious about such a strange thing- But, also seems willing, if that is what Haley thinks is best.
► Show Spoiler
Izzy, Irene, Koa, Alex

Koa pointedly ignores any strange signs or things, having absolutely no interest of finding themselves laden with yet more issues, and is just as happy as Alistair to cut to the point.

"Yeah, sure! I think I've got all the pokeballs I need for now, but my friend told me about these things called cases? They're things you put on your pokeballs to make 'em do stuff?"

"Oh, yes! They're a bit of a newer invention, so not many know how to make them- But once you have them you can easily attach them to whatever you like!" he spoke, turning back to the box, and now kneeling down to open it properly... During this time Izzy quickly gets up, does a silly jig in front of that camera, then sits back down before the man realises anything was going on. Inside the box appeared to be a selection of pokeballs, and some other components. He plucks out a regular looking pokeball on the side, with the exception of some kind of ornament- Showing with how some effort the case could be unlocked, and reattached.

"This one's a favorite of many, a lock case... Attach it to any ball, and it'll help with capturing pokemon! It also keeps pokemon locked in their balls, though that's rarely an issue... And you can reuse it of course, as long as you collect it again afterwards." he says with a small proud grin, before foraying in the chest more.

"I've got all my stuff that's... On shelf in a manner of speaking here, but I can craft custom orders if I don't have what you're looking for. There's other cases- Cases that can apply medicine, or cause a bright flash, I made some in the past that spray confetti... Some that could, erm, cause some extra damage..." he says that last bit hesitantly. "Any of that which interests you..?"

Oh? what kind of accessories do you have?

"Oh, I've a couple! Though I'm afraid I only have the bait attachment on hand right now... I've created belts with built in alarms before however, and a camera you can attach. It's, erm, good if you want to set up automatic traps, if that's a thing you do..."

Are you doing ok? You just seemed frazzled.

The man seems to suddenly give pause to those words, for a moment tensing up even further... But then he seems to let out a relieved sigh, and visibly relax and slouch a bit. "Ah, sorry if I do appear a bit... Paranoid, I guess. I'm just a bit stressed, is all- But that's nothing you've got to worry about. Now, anything that's of interest..?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:28 am

"Yea....I think it's a bit too late for that.... And no, I have not even seen his brainwashed slaves."

[1d20] = 2

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm

"Oh, that lock case thing sounds perfect! How much are those?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Izzy stays quiet as the others ask questions, not wanting to get in the way. Her ears do perk up at the mention of a Pokeball "lock" though...

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 am

Those lock devices would just end up as a toy for Ochrana to play with... but "How much would the confetti one's be, oh you'll need time to make them though won't you?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:30 am

Bjorn nods. "I'll be honest with you, I captured Husk purely with your gym in mind! She's been trained entirely for this moment.

Husk, another Brick Break!"

The plucky pokemon leaps forward once more, claw glowing again which she smashes into the side of the Mightyena's face in a vicious chop.

Brick Break (AC = 11; Damage = 39) (Super Effective!)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 am

As the others talk to the Pokeball guy, Izzy sidesteps over to Alex and mutters quietly under her breath.

"Speaking of training Pokemon, do you think you could take a look at my Ferroseed? She kinda..."evolved" recently, and I'm pretty sure there's some new Moves she could learn. I've not really got enough to pay you, but there's this Iron vitamin I've been saving if you want to trade for it?"
► Show Spoiler