PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Koa, Alex, Drake, Bjorn
Koa quickly begins distributing coats, or just sigils for those who don't want to accidentally be shot- Before, finally, it seems like it's time to execute their plan... As advanced as it may be. Luna gladly takes Bjorn's hand, and Magnus obviously joins in as well- Jeremy and Isabella deciding to join the sky group.

Soon enough they begin the anxious trip toward the tower- Luckily, IF there was some kind of "defense system", it appears it is offline- Or the sigils do in fact work. Probably not worth considering to test it, really.

The party arrives at the main door soon enough, a moderate sized entrance welcoming them. If cold, unmoving stone can be considered welcoming. A spiral staircase starts winding up it's way along the tower on the left, but otherwise this entrance hall doesn't seem to contain anything. At least, nothing of value, on a first glance.

(Roll perception.)

Izzy, Haley, Bruce, Irene
The other party meanwhile, begins trekking up, deciding to go in two shifts- The more experienced folk flying up first, fully prepared for some kind of aerial assault that... Never comes- The first group landing on the mostly flat, but still slanted roof, the rock on top seeming solid and rough-hewn. After a while, the others manage to get brought up as well- On first glance, it doesn't seem like anything stands out..?

(Roll perception)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Perception in Tower entrance: 2d6 = [1, 1] = 2

Everything seems perfectly normal!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Koa

Actually, when everyone enters the tower, Koa is the only one who somehow misses the very obvious staircase.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Perception: 1D6 = [2] = 2

Alex can confirm Koa's decision. Nothing special.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Perception: 19
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 am

(( Am I on Team Blind as a Zubat or something?! Two 2s :lol: ))

Bjorn Perception check: 5D6 = [2, 2, 5, 1, 4] = 14
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Bruce is trying to keep his eyes open, but his skills are best put to use in other areas.

Perception=8
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am

Irene looks around not really sure what to look for on the roof.

irene perception check [2d6] = 7

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Koa, Alex, Drake, Bjorn
It seems that for the most part, the party entering through the lower levels are not nearly as on guard as they should be- Koa and Alex completely absentminded, while Drake seems to have the slightest spittle of drool pass down his face. Bjorn and Magnus however, for a brief moment look to the right- From which there seems to be the very brief sound of rummaging, joined by a brief... Bang? It's faint, like something soft hitting something harder with some force. Magnus for his own part however, seems to completely dismiss it- Already beginning to head up the stairs.

The team on the towers roof is having moderately more success, however- Haley instantly spotting something she thinks looks ever so slightly off in the distance, near the middle of the tower. Approaching, Izzy can quickly confirm, that indeed in the middle there seems to be a smooth, circular plate. About two meters across, the color seems very similar to the rock around, but is smooth like metal... And on a touch, almost burning hot. Haley notices that the plate is actually slightly raised from the ground- Hot air blowing from underneath it, through a sliver thin crack.

Of course, if this is supposed to be the entryway Magnus spoke about, there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to open it... But then again, Magnus did explicitly say they'd need a special key, didn't he?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm

"Anyone else hear that?! There was bang from the right over here. Sounds like someone hit something! I think we should check it out!" Bjorn gestures in the direction of the noise, indicating he'd rather check this out first than head up the stairs.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Koa half-turns, glancing between the direction Bjorn indicates and Magnus.

"Well... check it out if ya want, but be quick about it. I don't think our guide's gonna wait, yeah?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:16 pm

”I found da way. It’s in these vent pipes right there.” Haley points at the sliver of space between two objects. ”No obvious way to open it. Well at least not this far away.”

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am

Well, if it's locked... Ochrana might just have the key? Irene shakes the klefki awake already back to napping after the fun ride up. KLE-ee...
"Yes you're always tired after napping, and you always napping. No complaining. Can you try opening this please?"

Ochrana grumbles a bit more as he gives his best shot, right before going back to Irene's bag to sleep.

Ochrana lock check [5d6+2] = 15+2 = 17

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:12 pm

"So long as it's someone hitting something and not something hitting someone, we're probably fine. We don't want to get caught between two groups, of course, but clearing out everybody in this tower isn't reasonable, and we need to keep up with Magnus."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:25 am

Bjorn shrugs his shoulders. "I have no idea guys, I'm not a sound expert. Sounded like someone going through stuff. Like a thief or something? Alright, Luna and I will go check it out and be right back, if its trouble then I'll send a pokemon to come alert you guys." He sends out Pyre (who can evolve whenever) and heads off towards the noise (hopefully with Luna in tow.)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Bjorn

Quickly pointing out the noise, Koa and Alex seem to shrug it off slightly, pointing at Magnus... Who does indeed pause just long enough for them to notice that, indeed, he has no intention of pausing, simply turning back and continuing further upward without a noise. Koa, Alex and Drake decide to join him- Luna joining in with him as they move over to investigate the banging sound.

Listening intently as they go around the central pillar, the sound seems to have subsided for a moment... Before they hear it again- Finally locating what seems to be the source, a stone hatch in the floor- Joined once again by a thudding sound as something on the other side seems to impact against it, but fails to move it. Firstly because it seems somewhat heavy, and secondly and most likely because it is chained up. Unlike everything else which seems ancient however, the heavy chain is clearly a new addition, finished up with a padlock.

Koa, Alex, Drake
The others quickly follow after Magnus before he gets too far on his own... Though he stops of his own accord, either seemingly deliberating how to deal with what was ahead of him, or simply... Confused, perhaps. The others follow him along the winding staircase, and soon notice why. There's some barricades set up in this hallway, several rooms off to the side... But there seems to be only one man between them and what must be the next staircase up. And older man, giving them a somewhat creepy, but not malicious grin, that appeared quite familiar to the trainers.

Matthias.

He shuffles almost giddily seeing the trainers approach, dressed in his usual dark hood with rainbow patterns at the edge- Though carrying under his arm a whole bundle of clothing, seemingly more red hand costumes. The only other "person" there seems to be one of his own pokemon, a kadabra, patiently waiting just behind him.

"Ah, there you are, there you are! I've been waiting for you, chosen ones, and... Mister Magnus? Not quite expecting you here, I'll be honest. Perhaps you should turn around and leave this to the chosen ones..? I understand you're worried about your students, but I'm certain things will be alright! The chosen ones will take care of this, for certain!" he nods enthusiastically, before frowning slightly as he gives the trainers a second look.

"...There's only three of you..?"

Irene pulls out Ochrana, the grumpy little key looking at the plate in the ground as recognition seems to hit it. As it floats closer, a keyhole seems to appear as if from nowhere- And it quickly shifts to one of several keys it already possesses, simply turning the lock. Soon, the vent-plating seems to clap open- Moving by itself as it shifts to the side, revealing the hole beneath it, warm air washing out into the cold night over the trainers as they peered down... And would be left wondering to proceed.

The actual hole itself seemed to be about 1.5 meters side, plenty wide enough to go down, if a bit cramped... Were it not for the fact that there seems to be some kind of metal spike that runs almost down the entire length of the shaft, only thin near the top, but widening near the bottom. Well... It's probably not a spike, but it's hard to tell what else it could be, and it looks sharp. Luckily, it looks as if potentially they may not need to go all the way down..? The drop all the way to the bottom would be about twenty meters- But along those twenty meters seem to be five levels of branching side vents that split apart, always in four different directions.

"So... How are we going to do this..?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 pm

"There's a lot of work for us to do, can't all be in one place. But what's this 'chosen ones' nonsense? I'm not sure who would choose the chosen ones other than the gods, and from my experience they're mostly not the sort to do so."
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:17 am

Izzy peers down into the shaft curiously.

"Hold on, I can check it out. Here, hold this."

Recalling Maku and Kay, she passes Isabella one end of her rope, then steps back into the shaft and floats down to the first vent while holding the other end.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 am

"Matthias? You been expecting us?" Koa glances cautiously at the barricades seemingly funneling them towards the staircase up.

"Right, right, I don't think you've met him, yeah?" Koa asks after Alex speaks. "This guy's the head of the Sons of Aether, those guys that the Red Hand bullied into helping 'em. They uh, worship the Overseer. And since we ended up with a couple of it's kids, well... I guess we're the Chosen Ones now."

"Speaking of the Red Hand, though, we gotta keep moving," Koa turns his attention back to Matthias. "Their leader's up those stairs, yeah? We gotta go deal with 'im before he does anything else."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

Ochrana bounces up and down in front of a stunned Irene for a few moments before recovering her senses.

"Yes, yes good job! I'm lucky you've decided to help me. I'll be certain to give you a special treat tonight." After being placated with the promise of food, Ochrana settles back onto Irene's bag, though staying awake this time to watch the excitement.

"Ok, be careful Izzy."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Alex, Koa

"Matthias? You been expecting us?"

The man chuckles lightly, giving a nod. "I suppose so, yes! I had never expected the big day to be so soon, but here we are..!"

"There's a lot of work for us to do, can't all be in one place. But what's this 'chosen ones' nonsense? I'm not sure who would choose the chosen ones other than the gods, and from my experience they're mostly not the sort to do so."

"Ah, but you are! Chosen by the great lord of light, the undying, our savior!"

"Right, right, I don't think you've met him, yeah? This guy's the head of the Sons of Aether, those guys that the Red Hand bullied into helping 'em. They uh, worship the Overseer. And since we ended up with a couple of it's kids, well... I guess we're the Chosen Ones now."

"Yes, it is true I've not had the chance to meet your friend just yet, but it is truly a honor..! You have seen his majesty too, have you not..?" Mathias states, Magnus by this point unable to suppress a slight groan. It seems the only reason he's still waiting is because just getting him to move out of the way is slightly faster than knocking him out.

"Speaking of the Red Hand, though, we gotta keep moving. Their leader's up those stairs, yeah? We gotta go deal with 'im before he does anything else."

"Of course! I want nothing else- Today is the day ten years in the making! The one our great oracle has so meticously prepared. Tonight's the night the Red hand falls. Tonight is the night that "The sky burns, to light a path in the darkest of places"!"

"...I'm not quite sure what that prophecy is supposed to mean myself, but I'm certain it will make sense soon enough!"

"Ah, sorry, my excitement is keeping you held... But for good reason! There's a sort of trap on this floor, you see- Without these sigils,"
he says, hefting the bundle of clothing he was carrying. "You'd end up teleported back to the start of the floor each time! So just-" he states, once again examining the trainers, as if only now coming to the realization at least two of them already seemed to be carrying the very robes in question- His enthusiasm drooping a bit, before his grin enthusiastically returns.

"Of course, I should have expected nothing else from the chosen ones to have figured that out! Yes, let's go, then!" the man starts, turning around, and already beginning to scurry away- It is only by the kadabra that's there that he suddenly seems to pause, turning back around once more.

"Ah, actually, my apologies chosen ones- I was... Requested to ask you just one question, from miss Gayle."

"Does everyone deserve a second chance, even if that second chance would risk everything else?"

Izzy, Irene, Haley, Bruce

Isabella takes the rope with a nod, twisting it's end around her knuckle, just in case, as Izzy offers to, well... Simply float down without too many issues or actual risks, given she can fly. The hot air washes over her, slightly uncomfortable, but not unmanageable, as she peers into one of the vents. They're just too small that one couldn't really walk through them, but it'd still be manageable to go through, the vent seemingly made from a smooth stone. Peering down it in the dark, a flashlight would reveal it to run quite long, slowly sloping downward, eventually going out of sight as the slope becomes steeper. Intermittently along the way seem to be further branches- Consistently splitting left and right, among all directions. Judging that the other vents seem to have the very same thing, it's reasonable to assume that they all join up together, making a series of "rings".

Each of the vents seems to have a gentle flow of air coming from it, the source of the "heat" no doubt. The one issue left of potential worry what is lined alongside the walls of the vent, on each side, including "floor" and "ceiling".

Unown.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:58 pm

"Whether or not that second chance is deserved depends upon how great the risk is, and what you mean by 'everything.' We all like to say that everyone deserves a second chance, but if they're likely to harm others then perhaps they don't deserve it, or need to be kept on a short leash."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Haley puts on her night vision googles on. <Ground team we have a series of vents layed out in a four way pattren for several floors, lined with unown symbols, anyone knows what that means?>

Haley frowns at the unown and tries to gently touch one.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 pm

((Would anyone happen to know that Unown are shaped like letters?))
My game:

My characters: