PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 am

"Anything with important items would have backup power for the security, so that would be meaningless unless they have a force ready to act in that brief moment between losing power from one source and switching to another. Because of that, it could be to draw all the manpower to those two places and give them easier access to somewhere... But the only thing I can think of is the Gym, with how much magic was in that place... But this means they're out in force. Should we take this chance to uproot them from that hotel while they're all spread out?"

Picking up on Izzy's message, Alex reaches out as he had when using his aura to communicate, I'd say whichever is closest. West if they're no different.
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:22 pm

~Does the Springstone Hotel rely on power?~

Bjorn mounts up on Tank and takes off after Koa to assist with tracking and sends Pyre high up in the sky to follow him, informing the others of their position and also keep an eye out for the Red Hand.

Bjorn survival = 5d6 = [6, 6, 3, 3, 1] = 19
Pyre perception = 4d6 = [3, 3, 2, 1] = 9
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Izzy

Izzy continues en route Northward, at least for now, and keeps out a good eye as she does... As she's getting close she can definitely see a struggle of some kind is going on down there- A hole has been blown in the wall of the service building, and from the looks of things the Red hand have already taken refuge inside... Judging by the Junkrats outside, and trying to fight their way in- It's hard to say who's "winning" from up there, however.

Koa, Haley, Drake, Bruce, Bjorn, Alex

The party doesn't take long to follow the track- Initially simply going the direction Haley noticed they went earlier, and from there simply following the signs. Some obvious, like knocked over trash cans, others less so, like noticing where gravel had recently been disturbed by... What seems like many, many footsteps. As they do, they continue to debate as to what their goal might be for the power. Haley does sum up a lot of potential things, but... It's hard to pin down exactly what they'd be aiming for. Are there any important operations in Murkoff..? Anything they'd benefit from shutting down..? She knows there's a couple big companies in the North-West part of town still, but it seems unlikely the Red Hands wants anything to do with those- They'd also have private guards...

Good progress is made in the party, and it's entirely possible they're right on the tail of the people in question... And the trail leads them straight to the academy, where another obvious sign of their presence has been found. It'd be quite hard to miss- The wall had been busted open, leading to the halls inside. Just some kind of brunt force this time however, no explosion- Or they'd have heard it.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:21 pm

"No bomb here," Koa pants, getting there first. "Are they after something?"

Not wanting to give the Red Hand any more time do whatever they're doing, Koa charges in through the opening they made!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Bruce pales a little at seeing the hole in the Academy wall. He charges in right behind Koa, searching for enemies. They attacked the Academy? Are they using the attacks on the power stations to try and take over the city?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm

"The acedemy has fossil restoration and probably other useful 'tools' we need to stop them!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:53 am

Alex follows behind the others, breathing hard after having to sprint to keep up. "Explosions... Distraction. Said so." Dragging himself inside after the others, the young man brings out Roy, who gently pats him on the back.

Focusing on the connection to the other, Alex sends out a warning, Izzy, Irene, the Academy's under attack. The power stations are a distraction.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:06 pm

"The acedemy has fossil restoration and probably other useful 'tools' we need to stop them!"

Bruce gives Haley a look. I don't think fossil restoration will be all that helpful in this fight.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 pm

"...What I am saying is that there is a lot of expensive equipment here that they can try to sabotage or steal."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Izzy, Irene, the Academy's under attack. The power stations are a distraction.

Izzy nods...then remembers that Alex can't actually see her.

~Got it. Junkrats vs Red Hand here. Probably same at West station. Gonna see if we can help. Let me know if you need us.~

Dropping lower, Izzy scans the battlefield. Are there more entrances to the building - maybe a rooftop door or skylight? How many Junkrats are there? She also checks how far behind Irene is while she's at it.

Per: 25

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:26 pm

"Wait! Definitely seems like they want to scatter us all over the place, but they must also have spread their own forces thin in order to destabilize the city like this and keep the attack going.

Maybe we can use this to our advantage and counter attack the temple? I could use the staff to open the portal and maybe lure more of them out if it is linked to the temple. This will however put the academy at a greater risk and is a gamble whether or not the portal is linked to the temple. But I assume they rely on the temples power and the confusion as its main defense."

My vacation is nearing its end and thus don't need to plan anything at the airport and can ease back again.
Do however have a 27 hour trip back home and uncertain about how accessible the in flight wifi will be.

Oh and please roll a general edu for Drake regarding what they could benefit from the lack of power specific to the town. Maybe occult as well in case it's another sacrifice they plan on doing.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Irene runs foward as fast as she can, just trying to get in range to actually do anything. Throat drying out a little at the thought of having to support such a big crowd...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:51 am

Bjorn (atop Tank) charges in alongside Koa.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:43 am

"Considered that. The temple may be more lightly defended, but they'd have left a stable defence, and we don't want to be in there when this group comes back."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:45 am

Haley runs along Bjorn and Koa, her shoes giving her a nice boost of speed. "Cushion, grow once and then run with me!"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Well, our main goal is to stop the ghost guy, right? If he's working with the Red Hand, he's probably holed up in the hotel. Nothing they accomplish matters if the Red Hand comes back to their hotel in ashes and their biggest ally dead or banished or whatever you do with ghosts. And if we wait till they are finished with whatever they are doing tonight, we might be able to mess up some of their plans for tonight, but we would also make ourselves known, and never get another chance.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Koa, Haley, Bruce, Alex, Drake, Bjorn

Some argument arises as the trainers debate what to do- Some arguing this might be the exact opportunity to head back to the tower and ambush it while it might be less guarded, while others seem intent on stopping whatever they have planned for the academy... In the end though, most charge inside, the first room broken into seeming to have been some kind of storage room, but promptly ignored, exit door still open. Trailing along, wet boots forming a clear path, soon they are forced in yet another position- As it appears they split up. About half the men going straight ahead, while the other half goes down a left passage... Though sounds can be heard from straight ahead, muffled slightly by distance:

"Shut up! Get on the ground!"

Izzy, Irene

While Irene is rushing to catch up from the ground, Izzy circles from the air, trying to get a closer read on things... She gets a pretty close read on things, though sadly can't look inside... But besides the hole the Red Hand has blasted through the wall, there are two more potential entryways... Three if you count the front door. There seems to be a vent access on the top of the building, big enough to slip through... Assuming it could be taken off. And on another side of the window seems to be a small office space, which holds a window.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Haley run twoards the shouting. "This way, they got hostages."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Alex keeps moving straight ahead.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35 pm

"Four of you, that way!" Koa points left, heading straight ahead himself. If there are hostages, Koa's the one that can throw his weight around to keep them safe!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:20 pm

-So what's the situation Izzy?- Irene telepathically asks. questioning why she never went for morning jogs or any other form of running training.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:22 am

~Red Hand inside, Junkrats out back. Gonna see if I can get in the roof.~

Landing by the vent, Izzy lets out Maku.

"Can you open this? But you know...quietly?"

Maku gives her a confused look, then gently grasps the vent with his huge hands...and pulls with all his strength, metal beginning to tear and buckle. Well, damn. Hopefully the sounds of battle below will drown it out?

Maku Athletics: 21

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Academy trainers

As Koa, Alex, Haley and perhaps someone else rushes forward toward the shouts, others rush in the other direction, trailing the other footsteps. On their way they pass through what seems to be... A display room? Likely used for some kind of history class, the room displays what seem to be "artifacts" of the old world... As in guns, other weapons... Why, there's even a bomb! Still, whatever the Red hand is after, it's not even that as they-

THERE IS A BOMB?

...Yes?

I AM GOING TO DETONATE IT.

What? You can't do that.

YES I CAN. IT'S IN MY DOMAIN.

And with that, the ancient device, thought to be long dormant, suddenly beeped... And then blew- A massive fireball that engulfed the current party... And went as far as to catch Koa's group as well, as the walls collapsed around them! They might have been far enough away to survive... Though only after they would be recovered from the rubble.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Honestly? If I had responded before the update I would have gone left to lead the second party, so...

After charging to the left and stumbling across a bomb, Bjorn tries to quickly encase himself and Tank in a shield of ice, but has no time as the blast rips through whatever meager defenses he throws up, and knocks him from his mount.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Haley, Koa, Alex

Haley, Koa and Alex rush forward, Koa ordering four of them in the other direction... Seeing a potential hostage situation, Luna ends up joining them- And so does Isabella. Jeremy joins the others instead as they rush forward toward the sound.

The run is not long, as it appears it is coming from the end of the hallway... And they catch some snippet of conversation on their way there.

"...have to do this, you know." a soft, vaguely familiar voice starts. There's just a second of pause before an unfamiliar voice speaks up.

"You know, maybe she's right. Maybe-"

"Shut up, keep your gun trained!"

The trainers burst in no moment later, finding themselves in what seems to be a conference room... A whole bunch of students gathered in one corner- Seemingly "protecting" them... Or perhaps more likely playing sacrificial lambs, seem to be the two people standing in front of them. The small petite elderly head nurse, joined by the titanic, broad-shouldered man that is the dean of the place. Both standing stoic despite the danger.

That danger being six red hand members keeping their guns trained on the group, pokemon out... Though that seemed quick to change as three of them now aimed pistols in their direction as the party bust open the door.

"The h- Against the wall or you're gonna eat lead!"

(Let me know what pokemon you guys might have had out to start with, and I'll get the initiative + pokemon for these guys ready... Keep it to like one pokemon max for now. :P)

Bjorn, Bruce, Drake

While danger is happening nearby, the other trainers try to follow the direction of the other tracks... Though things are getting harder- The wetness of their boots seems to be failing, and from the looks of things there's been a greater scuffle here. Evidently they've been straying off the path occasionally, to make sure no one would be "bothering" them. There's bullet holes in the walls at several spots. And in other spots, small pools of blood... Though it seems they eventually come upon what seems to be "guards", soon after another split. Two red-hand, with their creepy masks, pulling up what seem to be smg's toward the trainers as they round the corner...

(Again, let me know what everyone has out as I stat these peeps up!)

Izzy

Izzy lands on the top of the roof, and has Maku work on trying to force open the vent. It's... Sadly not as stealthy as Izzy could possibly hope, given the fact the sounds of forcing metal isn't exactly ideal. Still, he manages to rip it loose- Or rather, manages to get the bolts that were securing it ripped out, with enough noise that it's very doubtful the ones inside are not aware something is happening- Though from her current perspective, the room below her has no one in it currently...

Irene

Irene meanwhile, gets to the "front door" in a manner of speaking, where a dozen junkrats have grouped up outside... And an unknown number inside, no proper vision possible. Still, the junkrats seem too disorganized to really act, mostly hanging around outside, as occasionally one of them tries to make a push... Only to be met by a hail of bullets and pokemon attacks, forcing retreat! Another two of them seem to be fuzzing over the actual front door, seeing if it's possible to force open the steel door, but apparently not having much luck.