PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Let's deal with the other temple after we deal with our ghost problem back home.

Bruce thinks for a second about spells. Attack, disguise, heal, teleport. Well, if it's a bug stone, then I'm guessing that this stone is a concentration from a large group of bug Hidden Power Unknown located at the Bug Temple. Well, does it have to be bug-like abilities? Or can it be anything? Something that would allow us and our pokemon to be tougher in battle would be helpful. Also, things good for sneaking around. A disguise is nice, but it won't help with sneaking into places that are heavily controlled like gang hideouts and secret bases and stuff. So invisibility and intangibility? That's more ghost things, but who knows what this can do.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 am

Izzy

Izzy retreats quietly to a room that is less flammable... One of the underground hallways will probably do for now.

Alex, Haley

"...Um Rhemilarity, do you think I should leave you here to help protect the core thingy?"

"I believe that is ultimately best left to your decision. I'm afraid that if this place is infiltrated again however, I will only be a temporary distraction- Though that should hopefully never come to pass."

Koa

Koa meanwhile, has... Lots to share with Diancie. And she has lots to say in return, too.

"Oh, right. Uhh... well, things have been better, eheh. A lot of stuff happened, and I'm almost done recovering!"

"Oh, right..! You seem injured still, though..." she pauses, inspecting your wounds, brow furrowing... Before her eyes seem to almost glass over, and she pauses... Before shaking her head and withdrawing slightly. "But you seem well taken care off. I'd offer to heal you, but I don't think there's much more I could do today."

Next came the introduction with Kinhe, and Diancie seemed a bit shocked... Though not completely in the unknown regarding it. She refutes the direct touch, but seems able to communicate with it through some other means.

"...I guess you do have a lot to tell. You really shouldn't get involved with... All this."

Next comes the talk about the hidden base, and the zoroark family... Though surprisingly, all she has to remark on that is a grunt of disgust on "Darkrai not able to keep it in his pants again..?"

To the talk about the fight with the grand overseer she gives a worried glance, and a bit of surprise. "It... Tried to talk to you? That's new..."

Then, Babylon... Where her eyes go wide. "You found the tree of origin?! I should have expected the Architect would have brought it here as well, but to have it found..."

"...I'm afraid I don't know much about it, however. I know... He, created a world of his own on the other side, and the act was fueled by spite, but no specifics..."

On the travel to Murkoff she gives a congratulation, and she seems to think for a moment about what you mention about the "strange psychic", with a knowing look... Softly shaking her head, a slightly annoyed grimace on her visage.

"This is... Annoying. I know what it is that affected you, and it's not the psychic. Thing is... If I tell you, you're going to forget. Sounds familiar, doesn't it..? And I can tell how much you hate having your mind tampered with, so perhaps I shouldn't..."

"...But I can't exactly say that without you already insisting I do tell, so... Perhaps you can try and... Remember, somehow..?"
she nods, thinking for a moment, before explaining.

"It's not the psychic you saw that's responsible. It's the tower. Cerebrum tower, or as you may have heard of it before... Springstone hotel. The psychic temple."

"That's it's defense mechanism, really. It's potent, forcing everyone to forget it's existence, save for those "in the know" like me. All day, people gaze upon that tower, pause for a moment, thinking it looks too old and out of place- And then they look away again, and it's once more Springstone hotel. An old place no one should enter."

"...But I've been thinking for a long time it's TOO thorough. Malfunctioning..? I lived in Murkoff for a while, many years back, and it's magic was affecting me as well..! I did not like it either, I'll admit."
she states, giving a worried look as Koa can already feel it's effects. A remote consciousness made aware of it's knowledge being spread, and deep rooted fingers moving to gently pluck out, alter and remove these offending memories. For now however, perhaps because it is such a far distance away, he still keenly recalls the conversation that just happened, and can act and ask about it...

She also stifles a chuckle and smile while averting her gaze as Koa remembers the dance.
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

"We never got our ice cream! Although, in the scale of things I almost feel silly for worrying about it now. What a mess."

"Haha..! Well honestly, after everything we've been through with, it's slightly overwhelming even for me..! My few days of being priestess were rather dull in comparison to all this."

"Having a good piece of rest, and some ice cream, seems like an important thing to do to cool down after all that."

Drake, Bruce, Bjorn

The trainers begin to discuss what to do, and... Asking lots of questions. Bruce especially, and as he asks, the temple answers. To make things easier to oversee, rather than provide it's usual convoluted answers, they will be summarized below.

How do these spells work? Is it your psychic energy affecting the world, using the book as a conduit? Or maybe the book just sends a quick message that your power is needed, and you direct what happens based on what "spell" is cast?
-The latter. The book essentially sends a message to us here that our aid is required, and we act on it.
Is the Great Mind the epicenter of the unknown hive mind? Or is it some other great psychic entity that has sort of tapped into it, but is separate?
-It is neither. The Great Mind runs through all unown, yet does not dictate them.
Do you guys always follow the orders of the Great Mind? Or can you disobey when you feel its right?
-The Great Mind is the rules. The rules are obeyed.
What does it feel like when you are all alone, vs. when you are in a giant group like this?
-We can not tell. Individually, there is no consciousness.
Unknown can be found in the wild, and even in large concentrations in the right areas, but them actually linking together is rare. What causes it?
-There are many causes. Weavers are the ones responsible for us. More chaotic clusterings such as the MissingNo are created through the echoes of thought that course through the Great Mind.

With all that done, more discussion is made... With both talk about what spells, and the topic of the bug spell coming up, which several consider to be a horrible idea.
Temple heart wrote:the bug temple has not answered hails

along with other temples

as we were instructed to do barring extreme circumstances

we believe this was done in case one of us would end up compromised

in each case adding a teleport spell for the bug temple would now be possible

we could even add it in to the current teleport spell

which would be cheaper and allow for another spell as well

of course you would still be able to use the spell only once

daily now with our power replenished
Attack, disguise, heal, teleport. Well, if it's a bug stone, then I'm guessing that this stone is a concentration from a large group of bug Hidden Power Unknown located at the Bug Temple. Well, does it have to be bug-like abilities? Or can it be anything? Something that would allow us and our pokemon to be tougher in battle would be helpful. Also, things good for sneaking around. A disguise is nice, but it won't help with sneaking into places that are heavily controlled like gang hideouts and secret bases and stuff. So invisibility and intangibility? That's more ghost things, but who knows what this can do.
Temple heart wrote:that is largely correct

it does not have to be solely bug related

generic or even things likely linked to other aspects will still function

but bug related aspects will be easier

and some very specific things like the teleport are unlocked

bug holds the aspect of subterfuge it would be possible to use this to hide ones aura

something that grants lighter step would be possible too

defense in general or against bug is possible

invisibility is possible but difficult

intangibility requires the ghost core

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:55 am

"It... Tried to talk to you? That's new..."

"Well, I don't think it's brought too many people into its dimension to talk to 'em. At least, not many that have made it back out," he amends, remembering Colress.

"It told me all about the Red Chain, and that by trying to keep Pam safe - that's Pandora, the girl that teleports around, the one helping Prometheus? It said I was threatening the world, trying to protect her. It didn't say why that was, but...." Koa's thoughts, still on full display for Diancie, go back to what the Temple fountain had shown him, and how she was being kept alive by one of the three pieces of the Red Chain. He also remembers the Overseer's vision, showing him a supercomputer that was connected to another piece of the Red Chain, one bound to the Eternal Spark. It had taken one of the pieces of the Chain when Giratina smashed it, Uxie regained another piece, but no one knew what had happened to the third piece until Pandora showed up with it....

...!!!

"The other Spark!" Koa's eyes go wide with realization. He glances at Diancie and her probably-confused face. "U-uh, you know when we met with those two people from Babylon, Giratina's dimension? They told us the last they saw of Prometheus - oh right, he's a Babylonian, too - well, they said he went off to kill some big demon in their world. It called itself the Spark, but it's not the one we know, it just calls itself that."

"Something happened, Prometheus got sent here, and I guess he met Pam at some point. Well Pam had heart problems and... died. That's when the other piece of the Red Chain comes in!"

"You remember 42 years ago when Giratina smashed the Red Chain in the first place? That must've been when this other Spark snuck through and took a piece of the Chain, after Giratina made a hole between this world and his! That's why the real Spark didn't know where it went!"

"So if that missing piece is bound to Pam now, then... that must mean Prometheus made a deal with it, yeah? A deal to keep his friend alive. But what did it ask for in return...?"

"That must be why the Overseer wants to kill her so bad! He said she's threatening the world, so he must know that she's tied up with some other big godly thing like him. And this other Spark has a straight line into this world through Pam!"

Koa runs a hand through his hair, taking a breath as he tries to come to terms with his sudden revelation. He hadn't had the chance to think about it until now, what with the impending ghost threat in Murkoff, but it all made sense.

He gives a short laugh, glancing upward. "Did the stupid little insect get it right? Did he figure it out himself?"

"...I guess the Godslayers and the Overseer might not be our biggest problems, yeah?" He says with another smile to Diancie.

---

After the revelation, the rest of the conversation seems pretty small in comparison. It's still enlightening, though.

"The Psychic temple's in the city with the Dark gym? Ha! I guess that's why Jack's been pretty suspicious of it. Well, that and since the Red Hand are hiding out there with Grimm.... Oh! Right, Grimm's about to do... something in Murkoff. We dunno what, but it's probably bad. That's why we wanted to drop the Bug box off first."

Speaking of, Koa quickly latches onto an idea, while information on Cerebrum Tower is still fresh in his mind.

"Temple, do you think the Bug box could shield our heads from that?" Koa talks towards the fountian's direction. It's talked to the trainers before despite not being in the same room, so this should be fine? "I mean, Bug's strong against Psychic, right? If we all know about the tower, we could go there and stop Grimm! Or at least kick those Red Hand guys out!"

"Oh and uh," he turns back to look a bit sheepishly at Diancie, "you got my follow up message from Spark, right? To see if you wanted to help me make something special in the smithy, something... in your honor? It's sounding more and more like it'd be a big help, what with everything that's happening, yeah?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Hmm... Well, I think it might be better to wait for invisibility, then. Maybe we can do a double spell once we get the ghost core, for both invisibility and intangibility. Hiking our aura's might be useful, but it depends on how good the disguise spells already are. I also don't remember if auras are admissible in court as proof of identity. More defense is always good, though. And if you want to go super crazy, you could make one that would allow you to climb on walls and zip around the room on webs! Bruce chuckles at the image.

But it's your guy's spells. What do you guys want?

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:29 am

Koa

Koa... Goes on an quite insane ramble, that is probably causing everyone nearby to gain a headache. But one does not listen to the fool as often as they should...

"It told me all about the Red Chain, and that by trying to keep Pam safe - that's Pandora, the girl that teleports around, the one helping Prometheus? It said I was threatening the world, trying to protect her. It didn't say why that was, but...."

"Well... If it comes to the red chain, that makes kind of sense. As long as it remains broken, the world is... More unstable than it should be. I think something like that does not see the individual over greater matters like that."

"...Though I don't know why it would even care. If it weren't for the red chain being broken in the first place, it could never have infiltrated in the first place."

Then Koa seems to come to a sudden realisation, and goes on a long-winded explanation that leaves Diancie wide-eyed, and with little room to intervene and ask questions... Even one as simple as "Isn't this a bit far-fetched..?". Finally he seems to come to a conclusion however, sighing in exasperation to the very sky itself... As if some malevolent entity was watching from the deep dark, and be infuriated by the "mere insect" having figured things out.

AND IF IT WERE WATCHING.

IT WOULD SAY.

"YOU'RE WRONG".

HAA HAA HAA.

Close, but not a cigar yet.

YOU SHUT UP.

"...I guess the Godslayers and the Overseer might not be our biggest problems, yeah?"

"...Maybe? Isn't this a bit far-fetched, and based on a lot of assumptions..? Even if they're correct... Then what is this other spark, exactly? Is it one of the MissingNo, but from Giratina's world..? Does it HAVE MissingNo? I'm afraid no one really knows how that place works, except it's a lot different than it is here."

"It seems just as likely that it was Giratina who took the piece with him, wouldn't it..? Maybe. I don't know if he'd have a... Use, for it."
she pauses for a moment, as if considering something. Finally, she shakes her head.

"Even assuming it's true, it's the same thing with the Overseer. Business one best keeps their nose out of. Unless you're right and Prometheus is in an allegiance with it, and there's no other choice..."

Then conversation finally shifts to... Lighter topics.

"The Psychic temple's in the city with the Dark gym? Ha! I guess that's why Jack's been pretty suspicious of it. Well, that and since the Red Hand are hiding out there with Grimm.... Oh! Right, Grimm's about to do... something in Murkoff. We dunno what, but it's probably bad. That's why we wanted to drop the Bug box off first."

"Right. Probably for the best. I don't know what he's planning, though it probably isn't good. I guess he got corrupted..."

"Temple, do you think the Bug box could shield our heads from that? I mean, Bug's strong against Psychic, right? If we all know about the tower, we could go there and stop Grimm! Or at least kick those Red Hand guys out!"
Temple heart wrote:negative

the magic used by the temple mind overrules any protection

even dark types that should be immune fall under its spell

it might have been possible with the dark core to create a shield of equal power

but to try and create an impenetrable wall against an unstoppable force is a dangerous game
"Oh and uh, you got my follow up message from Spark, right? To see if you wanted to help me make something special in the smithy, something... in your honor? It's sounding more and more like it'd be a big help, what with everything that's happening, yeah?"

"Right... Yes, I think we should be able to make something good. Something... Worthy."

"What do you have available to use?"

Bruce

Hmm... Well, I think it might be better to wait for invisibility, then. Maybe we can do a double spell once we get the ghost core, for both invisibility and intangibility.
Temple heart wrote:loft to assume you will get it
Hiking our aura's might be useful, but it depends on how good the disguise spells already are. I also don't remember if auras are admissible in court as proof of identity. More defense is always good, though. And if you want to go super crazy, you could make one that would allow you to climb on walls and zip around the room on webs!
Temple heart wrote:these are all viable options

an overabundance of options seems to inspire none to be taken
Drake

Drake also walks by the main chamber while doing his work. Both Koa and Diancie seem to have that psychic residue on them again...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:59 am

Haley gets bored with not understanding what is going on and starts exploring the temple.

Per [6d6+3] = 21+3 = 24

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:45 am

Koa sighs as Diancie offers a little dose of reality to bring him back down to Earth. "Yeah I guess... that's a bit much. I dunno all the facts yet, just... guessing based on what little I know, yeah? But wherever Pandora got that chain piece, it's not good news for us, if that Overseer guy's right about it."

Refocusing on issues at hand!

Koa gives another sigh, an exasperated one this time, as the temple all-but tells Koa there's nothing to be done to protect against the mind-warping effects of the Psychic temple. Getting a simpler idea this time, he takes out a marker and writes a message on the palm of his hand. He writes it again on the back of his hand for good measure:

SPRINGSTONE HOTEL = PSYCHIC TEMPLE
IT MAKES YOU FORGET

"There was this girl that said you could be warded against it, though," Koa suddenly remembers. At least he thinks he remembers. It makes sense, because how else would the Red Hand and the Sons of Aether be hiding out there unless they had protection against it? "Can you do something like that? Can't ya even slow it down?"

As for the topic of Diancie aiding Koa with something at the smithy-

"Right... Yes, I think we should be able to make something good. Something... Worthy."

"What do you have available to use?"

Koa nods and smiles, retrieving the items he was planning to utilize.
- The Fairy Blade off his hip. It's been a big help so far, and should offer a strong base for something new
- Two Type Plates, one for each side of Diancie, her strong resilience as a Rock-type and mystical power as a Fairy-type
- And one more thing

"I've been holding onto this for a while, eheh." Koa carefully pulls out the tiny, rosy-pink gem she had gifted to him days before, the one she had unwittingly clasped between her and Koa's hands while they danced and she had granted him the ability to access her power.

"I dunno if it'd actually do anything, but... it seems right to use it, yeah?

"What do ya think? Should I get more, or...?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Drake will shrug at the people saying the teleportation spell is a bad idea and go back to make the finishing touch on the fairy plate. Perhaps muttering something about all powerful entities with the potential to look into it before they depart for it. He does wonder if just holding the book and thinking intently on the spell would be enough. Once he's satisfied with the plate he'll go towards Koa and Diance and hand it over.

"I tuned out a bit as I focused on getting the fairy plate finished for you, but why are you two covered in the psychic residue that's all over Murkoff? It's disappeared from the rest of us while we've been here."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Just in time! Koa thanks Drake for the finished Fairy plate, promising to get him a planter at the earliest convenience.

But then Drake brings up the residue, and Koa furrows his brow in confusion. He looks down reflexively, futilely trying to spot the invisible substance, and he sees the message he'd written for himself just a couple moments before.

"...Oh! Right! The Psychic temple, it's in Murkoff! It's Springstone hotel, the place the Red Hand are hiding out at! That's the thing that's been making people forget about it, not the psychic lady or the staff. And I guess it's not happy Diancie told me about it," he says with a worried glance her direction.

"I was trying to think of a way around it before we forget again, and this was the best I could come up with," Koa says, holding out his marked hand. "The temple says it can't shield us from it, even with the Bug box. If only the Psychic temple would just... knock it off, just for us. I mean, we'd help it kick those guys out if we could, yeah?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm

"Seems not because I'm covered in it now as well… just talking about it gets you covered apparently."

While remembering the place. Drake will put a couple of alarms in his pokedex for tomorrow reminding them to go to the springstone hotel just in case they forget.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:54 pm

Seriously. You'd think a temple offering magic spells would be more interesting but I guess not. Does anybody care about what spells you get?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:52 pm

"I do, I've just been a bit busy finishing things for the arcane forge.. Something that comes to mind would be how several bug pokemons works as one unit in their hives like Durants or beedrills. A form of shared hivemind amongst those targeted by the spell? Get a better sense of each other.

Speaking of spells, think we should put on the spark disguises before heading back so our auras will be hidden? Granted we would stick out like a sore thumb with it on.."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:58 pm

"Nah, I don't think the suits will matter," Koa says, the conversation apparently having moved in towards the fountain. "Grimm already knows we're onto him, so if a bunch of weird-looking strangers show up to stop him, it's not gonna be hard to figure out who it is. Best we keep 'em off for this, yeah?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm

(Oh yea, Haley still has a point for her suit. What were the options again?)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Haley

Haley starts exploring at random, and eventually comes upon a room that seems to be a nesting ground for the Sigilyph that dwell around the temple... They gawk at her curiously.

Koa, Drake

"Yeah I guess... that's a bit much. I dunno all the facts yet, just... guessing based on what little I know, yeah? But wherever Pandora got that chain piece, it's not good news for us, if that Overseer guy's right about it."

"That we can agree on." she says, pausing for a moment, seemingly considering... And then gives a weary sigh, shaking her head.

And while the temple fails to provide, Koa can think of as many loopholes as possible... And marks down on his palm what he just learnt. Many details might go... But the message is clear enough he should remember the important bits. Hopefully all the messing this is going to do with his mind isn't going to cause a headache...

"There was this girl that said you could be warded against it, though, Can you do something like that? Can't ya even slow it down?"
Temple heart wrote:this ward is likely granted by the temple itself

and simply excludes it from its effects

we could slow it down

things such as mindlock have minor effects

but it would be only temporarily
Diancie then nods to the items offered. "Yes... That'll do well." she notes, blushing slightly at seeing the little gem offered. "I think we should be able to make something quite impressive with that."

"Shall we get to it, then..?"

The discussion about the crafting done, Drake chimes in, commenting on the residue. Diancie sighs.

"It affected me again, too..? I don't even understand... What is it making me forget? I certainly don't forget about the tower..."

Bruce, Drake

Bruce is mildly frustrated, though the temple makes no remarks on it... Before Drake gives an interesting suggestion.

"I do, I've just been a bit busy finishing things for the arcane forge.. Something that comes to mind would be how several bug pokemons works as one unit in their hives like Durants or beedrills. A form of shared hivemind amongst those targeted by the spell? Get a better sense of each other."
Temple heart wrote:possible

sensus

a shared consciousness

awareness of each others direction or immediate danger

more direction with focus

a share of knowledge

should last for hours

is this the spell you would wish?

in addition of the bug keyword to the redditum spell?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:48 pm

"Oh hello!~ I'm Haley!~ I'm checking out the temple and seeing what's here! Um...I forget if you can use telepathy but if you can can you tell me what is where?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Haley

The bird like creatures seem to caw.

Seems they do not know telepathy...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Ah okay, Haley will continue to look around.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:29 pm

"Yes... That'll do well. I think we should be able to make something quite impressive with that."

"Shall we get to it, then..?"

"Yeah! I dunno how this works, but the little smithy ghost will know, yeah?" Koa says, leading the way to the smithy's room.

"What do ya think'll happen? Have you ever had anything made for you like this before?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Synch follows Grunt as Grunt opts to use Pickup for the day, rummaging round on the cavern floor of the fountain room.

1d20 = [10] = 10
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 am

Haley

Haley continues exploring... And in the little hour she has, can probably visit most rooms in the temple.

Koa

"Yeah! I dunno how this works, but the little smithy ghost will know, yeah?"

"What do ya think'll happen? Have you ever had anything made for you like this before?"

"Sort of... Though I can't say for sure what might happen. The conditions are right, but I would not like to make promises and get your hopes up." she spoke with an awkward grin as the smithy is entered, and soon is set in order... No more words need to be wasted on it- The process is set in motion, and the forge lights up with brilliant colours. But as it hums away silently, she seems to consider something, and stretches out a palm towards Koa... He finds himself accepting, as if subconsciously already aware of what to do next. Soon, they're pulled in close embrace, and dance slowly around the forge, it's colors almost seeming to change as if in tandem to an unheard song, the dance coming to an end together with the forge.

When it finally opens again, a brilliant sight comes out... The blade had changed in it's entirety, from what was once still steel, to being now a blade made out of a pink, but still strong, crystal... A bit heavier, but still light enough to be carried in one hand, his special little gem was now set in the hilt, apparently untouched.

It looked... Quite legendary.

The crystal resolution
Fine small melee weapon
While wielded, any rock-based attacks may take on a crystal texture, creating a hazard tile on the square attacked. Anyone on this tile at the end of next turn loses one tick of hitpoints.
Rock or fairy attacks may be interchanged for the other type 2x scene
Grants the diamond defense ability
Grants the play rough move

Everyone else

The temple meanwhile, grants the requested spells... Adjusting the spellbook:

REDDITUM?FAE?BUG!AMPLITUDO -> Once per day, can offer a teleport to bug or fairy temple to anyone within 2meters
SENSUS -> Once per day, anyone within a two meter burst can be joined in a "hivemind". While in a hivemind, everyone is aware of which direction the others are, whether they are in danger, and by focusing can relay simple messages. In addition, when assisting on educational skill checks, this may happen across any distance and use the full bonus rather than half. Duration: Scene+
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:29 am

Fluff Focus roll for second dance with Diancie: 3d6+4 = [2, 2, 1] = 9

Koa thought he'd be more prepared for Diancie's invitation this time, half expecting it as he led her into the smithy. But, though he accepts her hand and his body automatically goes through the motions, Koa can't help but flush as more unbidden thoughts run through his head, further reaffirming his inability to handle girls.

This is how Diancie transfers her power, right? She's doing that right now? So there's nothing weird going on? Or is there? Am I helping? I feel sparkly inside again, so is it working? Is this me dancing? Is this a memory of someone else dancing? Who was it? Did Diancie have a thing with him? Or her? Am I wrong on that and there's no one? Does... she have a thing with me? She can't, right, we don't know each other that well? Do god-pokemon even do that with humans? But she rushed over and she was all worried about me, does that mean anything? Is there more to that, or - oh are we stopping? Right, right, this was just a ritual thing for the sword, there definitely wasn't anything weird about this. Right?

The dance comes to an end, and the final product is revealed - a sword whose blade seems entirely made of rosy crystal, with that special gem inlaid in the hilt. Koa grasps the handle, his other hand still holding Diancie's, and examines it. A vague thought enters his mind as he gazes upon the blade.

"The Crystal Resolution...," Koa muses, simultaneously naming the sword and recalling a distant memory, one that he's pretty sure didn't quite belong to him. Still, as he recalls the memory, so too does he learn of what the blade is capable of, and Koa suddenly realizes he can feel the power coursing through it. "Wow... this is really something, yeah?"

It's strange, Koa thinks. Not only does he feel the power of the blade, but also a certain connection to it? It felt almost identical to something he was feeling in his other hand-

"O-oh, sorry!" Koa starts, quickly letting go of his Patron. "I just- sorry! Heh."

"U-uh, did you wanna see it?" He asks, offering the sword to her.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Haley investigates the odd berries abd plants her carbospear seeds. Surv [6d6+2] = 18+2 = 20

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Koa

Koa, while usually quite focused... Melts like snow in the sun when it comes to Diancie, again. Is there something more going on..? And why does she almost seem to glow, while in a dance like this, when otherwise her disguise is so "ordinary"..?

Still, while questions raised through his head, unanswered, the process came to a finish... And he could soon distract himself with the blade instead, examining it and it's curious properties. Diancie simply nods when mentioned the blade was "really something", apparently just as unaware her hand was still being held... Or not making note of it, at least. Another nod and smile when asked if she could inspect it, and she holds the blade in her hands for a couple moments, turning it around, before slowly muttering "It's exactly the same..."

She holds it for a moment longer, before gently passing it back.

"Take good care of it. Now... You probably don't have much time left, huh..?"

Haley

Haley takes some of the strange fruit, slicing it open to find a most strange thing... It's insides are completely uniform, with no seeds, almost like it's a ball of jello with a smooth skin over it. It tastes fruity however... And sweet! Though depending on who'd taste it, they'd find the taste to fit whatever they prefer most...

There's no planting these special berries, but there is still space in the room for her own berries, which she plants...

Everyone

With all matters settled, the party meets up again. All matters done, they bid Diancie and the rest of the temple goodbye, then teleport back.

Somehow all of the city is burning

They arrive back to a silent evening, turning night... But it seems whatever is meant to go down, has not started- Not yet. They are given perhaps, a tiny moment, to prepare still... In whatever way they might still be able to..? I mean, this is all assuming that Grimm didn't give up on his plans after being found out. But that'd be hoping too much...

END OF CHAPTER 4: THE CALM (Part 3)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:25 pm

"It's exactly the same..."

"It is, isn't it?" Koa asks as he nods and gently accepts the sword again. "You've... made it before, yeah? Not just something like it, but this one, this same sword?"

"Take good care of it. Now... You probably don't have much time left, huh..?"

"Oh. Yeah, I guess not. But uh...," Koa hesitates for an awkward moment or two. He wants to thank her for coming out all this way and helping him out. This is twice now, the first time was when she... bonded with him with that first dance? He didn't fully realize it at the time, but that was a really important thing she did back then, wasn't it? And now she'd gifted him some kind-of powerful sword artifact thing. He can't just thank her, that'd be pretty lame, wouldn't it?

Taking a breath, Koa steps forward and wraps his arms around Diancie, embracing her.

This is fine, right? Koa isn't sure where he stands with his Patron, what with their unique bond. He knows they're friends and that he can trust her, but beyond that the specifics are hazy. He's not even sure if some of what he's feeling is are even his feelings. But... a hug is fine, isn't it, it's not too much? It feels right, at least.

"...Thank you, Diancie," Koa eventually says as he pulls away, giving a bashful grin. "I'll try to give you some more warning next time I come visit, yeah? Maybe I'll have time to make ya something to eat!"

-----

Koa gives Diancie another smile as it comes time to leave, and the group teleports away while Koa is mid-wave.

Back in Murkoff. Right. Koa glances around, and thankfully the city hasn't exploded in the trainers' absence.

"...So. I just remembered, Grimm is holed up with the Red Hand, yeah? And the Red Hand made the hotel their base? So... why don't we just go there, instead of waiting for whatever Grimm's about to do?"