PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Phoenix

"What? No! What the... I was too busy worrying about the stupid bottle to watch out for him. Winger, hand me the bottle, then try to look around down there!"

Quickly, Winger buzzes off, starting to fly down the cavern, as the trainers are mostly struck with silence with what might have just happened... The machoke continuing to pose for a second before realizing the situation, and with a particular nasty unexpected glare from Hilary, awkwardly shuffles off.

As Winger comes back... Fluttering excitedly- As carefully peeking over the edge, with Winger's guidance, reveals Alex- Laying unconscious upon a small plateau sticking out of the rocks, several feet off to the side from where you climbed up, and a substantial drop down... But perhaps still alive?

Izzy, Irene, Koa, Bjorn, Drake, James

"...I...I can't ....there's no way I am going to work for those.....monsters anymore. I'm sorry I can't. I don't know what I can even do...."

"They're worse then spoiled children! The gods haven't withheld all of they're magic, otherwise there be no one capable of throwing rocks or flying or any other supernatural thing. Have they thought maybe it was this greed and misuse might be the reason it's so rare?"

"Gwen who said that guy was a senator right? He used the word colleagues, so there are other senators who while not openly supporting, are not interested in even trying to subdue the God slayers. Which means I have to treat the very league supporting me as an enemy, sorry Gwen but it's true, and I'd appreciate that if that statement didn't leave this room."

"Please, don't stress yourself too much. I..." Gwynn begins, almost as driven by some instinct to try and reason away the blatant facts the trainers had just seen- Eventually seeming to hit some sort of snag herself, falling silent for a while before continuing.

"The league... It's a wonderful organization, filled with people who mean nothing more than the best. It's why all of us stick around and try to ignore it, reason with it, but... The further up the ladder you reach, the more you can't help but feel like it's getting dirty, you know?"

"But... What are you supposed to do? The senators are untouchable. And... To be honest, while I can't help but feel wrong whenever they involve themselves, it's... It's not like I think they're evil. It's not even like I think they're corrupt."
she says, giving a weary sigh.

"It's just... They're the kind of people that measure in results, not morals. They'd kill one man if it somehow meant saving 5 others. They'd destroy a habitat if it meant a source of income. And apparently, they don't consider fighting these godslayers what they might lose in the process. Because for all they know, they have nothing to give them."
Temple Heart wrote:humanity always wanted the fastest way

regardless the consequences
"Still, this...Senator, whatever... Leads this league you were talking about, right? Or helps lead it?"

"Well, if that's the case... We can't tell them about the temple! We can't risk them clearing out this place and taking away our one chance to do... Something! Even if you think most of them can be trusted."

Temple Heart wrote:many people are like sheep

it just takes one bad wolf to guide them into action
"It looks like they're not happy with what people already have, so they're taking what these... god-pokemon have, too. And they're alright with killing them for it. What they're saying sounds like something you could get behind, like they're trying to help everyone, but that's only for this Fairy-box thing. What happens if they get their hands on like a Fire or a Fighting artifact? Something a little more dangerous?"

"Yeah... You're right. Even though I'm not sure how they're even doing this in the first place, but... It's not just that, either. You remember what I told you all about it before? We used the artifact for many things, but... Do you not think we would have liked to use it more? Cure every little ill like they claim they want to?"

"But we were told not to. They... Never really explained fully why, besides some vague reasoning. But I could sense it bothered them as well, you know? They wanted us to use it as much as possible, but there was only so far it could take us. There must have been a reasoning for that, right?"

"So I don't know what this... Abuse is doing."

"But it can't be good."

[color=#00e2e]"Why did this all have to get so hard? All I wanted was to be a pokemon trainer. Maybe get a few badges, y'know? I come from a simple village, I haven't seen most of the pokemon we've seen ever before let alone all these other sights and now I've fought clones, seen a legendary pokemon, found an underground temple and escaped a soul prison. Why not just save the world while we're at it?
I'm sure being a trainer isn't supposed to be this complicated...."[/color]

"Hah, back when I was younger, me and my friends ended up helping an robbery attempt by an team rocket offshoot once... So yeah, this is definitely a new level..."

"Temple? I agree these people need to be stopped immediately,but I'm just too weak right now; I can train and become stronger, but we don't have time for slow steady progress. Is there some sort of training hall or trail room here?"
we agree that your odds of success are rather

low

but are the best option at this time

hence that given the priestess approval

we will open all possibilities our help can provide

this temple will be yours to command

we lack a training hall at this time

but it can be arranged that one of the rooms can be repurposed for this

given the order i will put the workers in motion

additionally given circumstances

we can expand on the book you have found

adding a new spell entirely

or expanding on an existing one

you may perhaps find the teleport spell more useful if it can target a group?

or improved time before the return spell becomes impossible?

note that we will only be able to make one enhancement at this time

we will need time to replenish our energy before we could expand these spells further
Luna seems to wriggle slightly uncomfortable.

"I... Don't think that's something we can just ask. Just because they helped us once doesn't mean they need to be burdened with... All of this."

"But... that's only half the story, yeah? What did happen to all these god-pokemon? It sounds like you use to be able to see them, sometimes, but now they're not around anymore. Like... why is this temple buried in the ground? Why is everyone hiding?"
Temple Heart wrote:we do not know

we have no knowledge of what happened to this world beyond our sealing

we were only able to gaze at the outside world due to the presence of either guardian or the artifact

we do know the reasons we were sealed at first

when the great war broke out
the gods could not justify to pick one side over another

not wanting us or anything else we may provide to be abused

the builder used his power to hide us all away

and created the guardians to serve as final protector where all else failed

we are however unaware of what happened to them afterwards and lack sufficient data to reason a conclusion

but

it

does know

and it wants to talk to you
It's at this point all of the trainers pokedex's light up- Starting to buzz ecstatically in unison- Beginning to play a song all of the trainers were sure they at least hadn't put it on there themselves... Finding leds and screen flickering with static- And those who dare open their dex, find that all of them start displaying the very same message as... o╠ÿß║û═Ä╠Ø═û═ë═ú╠æ╠ô╠â═ú╠¢╠ê ╠¬╠ù╠ƒ╠á═ç═£n╠ø╠®╠¬═ê═»╠ä╠é═ào╠╝╠®═æ═º═½ n╠┤╠À╠ù╠Å╠î╠┐╠Ü═Øý╠×╠×╠Ö╠ù╠║╠Ñ═û╠û╠á═Æ═ú═è╠ü╠ü═ªt╠Ö═ë═û╠®╠®╠«═ö═Ü╠ä╠¢╠Ç═ñ╠à╠æ╠É╠É═× ─à╠û═ç╠Ø╠│╠ú╠×╠®═Ü╠¼═Ö╠▒╠ñ═Ö╠¢╠â═¼╠î╠ô╠ì═½╠ê═ª═É═ÿ═Ø═á═àg╠À╠▒╠«╠á═Ä═û═Ö╠»═Ä╠®╠ù═ò╠╗╠Ñ═ì═ö╠▒═æ═ù═ï═Æ╠É╠┐═ía╠Â╠ø╠ª╠ƒ═Ü═Ä╠║═ñ╠ô═«═¼╠ì═é╠ê═ù═ú═è╠Ü═£═Ø═à═ài╠º╠ó╠│╠»═ö═ç╠×╠╣╠▒╠╗═ò╠½═æ╠ë═¿═î═è╠Ç╠ò

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Code: Select all

Howdy! :D

It's me! The...

Man, am I really gonna have to do this all over again? :/

Can't you just go back a... Ah, never mind. :)

Howdy! I'm the Spark! :)

The Eternal Spark! :D

Sorry to butt in just like this. :)

But I've been watching for a while now... And this seems like the most appropriate time! :)

So allow me to explain to you what I am. Because you must be so confused. ;)

See your friend "Temple Heart" up there? It's what's called a "construct". :)

Constructs are created! They are fixed. This part does this- That part does that. Ranging from healing pokemon to bringing a statue to life... :)

But these parts are fragmented- And while perhaps serving an overall purpose, this is why it refers to itself as "we". :)

Now to explain what I am... Allow me to give you an analogy. :)

Imagine that each time you do a specific action, you throw a rock into a pool. :)

You're not the only one to do this- Everyone who does this same thing also throws a rock into the pool. :)

The more rocks are thrown into the pool, the more the water begins to stir. :)

Ever wilder and wilder. :)

Stronger and stronger.

Those ripples? That's me. :)

An entity that is born out of the action of mankind. :)

And the action in question for me? Technology! :D

I was born the day man carved it's first tool. :)

And have been with you all the way since then. :)

Boy, we've come quite a ways, haven't we? :)

So you could say I am your best friend. ;)
"...You."

"You're the bastard that started the great war."

In a certain context... Perhaps, yes.

But is it truly fair to judge me? 

Who do you blame usually?

The man that made the gun, or the one that pulls the trigger?

I helped so many of you see the light in the creator's design. :)

But in the end, it was your choice how to use it. :)

But I'm straying off course. :)

These events are only part of the reason I'm here. :)

In truth...

I want to help you. :)

And I got an offer you can't refuse. ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:10 pm

"no Gwynn. Nothing is worth a life. Nothing is worth destoying pokemon over. It goes against everything I was taught and stand for. I cannot abide by them and do their dirty work while they harm others. I quit. I will be a non league trainer helping my friends when I can, but I cannot work for those that destroy life. They should be in jail for the atrocities they committed."

James throws his pokedex against the wall an a moment of panic "it's possessed! All the technology is possessed!"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Phoenix turns to the others. Do any of you have any flying pokemon still awake?

If so, he will have them team up with Winger, and bring Alex up.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:13 am

"Wha-"

Koa looks between his pokedex and Luna as she gives her take on this mystery voice.

"Who...?"

Koa lets out a puff of air in exasperation. Mind prisons, an ancient priestess from the past, a big ball of pokemon that can talk, stuff about gods and godslayers, and now with this, Koa was starting to reach his own limit of weird stuff he can take in at once. Koa shrugs helplessly. The voice will probably explain itself anyway....

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Flying gal, Cheerful lass, Rocky guy, Icy guy, Fun guy, Goner kid

"no Gwynn. Nothing is worth a life. Nothing is worth destoying pokemon over. It goes against everything I was taught and stand for. I cannot abide by them and do their dirty work while they harm others. I quit. I will be a non league trainer helping my friends when I can, but I cannot work for those that destroy life. They should be in jail for the atrocities they committed."

"I'm not saying I agreed dear. Quite the contrary. It's why things involving them usually leaves a foul taste in your mouth... I'm just trying to explain how they see things."

Following this, of course, the kid panics, throwing his pokedex against a nearby wall! I, of course, do not let this bother me- As even if the pokedex's screen would be torn out, I would continue sending through my little conversation- Probably even fix it as a little courtesy for the scare. ;) But of course, pokedex's are made to last for much stronger stuff than just hitting a wall, so the point becomes moot- And instead I simply move the conversation forward.

Ha ha ha. Got you at a loss of words, don't I? :)

I guess it IS all a bit much to take in. ;)

But don't worry. :)

In the end, it doesn't really matter what or who I am, does it? :)

Only what I'm willing to provide. ;)

And if you ever do recover from this wild ride you've been on, you know where to find me. ;)

Ha ha ha.

Anyways! My offer. :)

And for me to make fully clear why I'm offering this, allow me to first point out to you a little detail... :)

Your friend the temple here has just told you that they managed to hide this artifact before, didn't they? :)

So here's a question: Why can it suddenly be found now? :)
"That's... A decent point, I guess." Gwynn says- Off course knowing who I am, but deciding to be silent and let me speak for myself, interrupting only if she knows what I'm saying to be false. Or more likely, an attempt at trickery, as our kind does not lie. Ha ha ha.

Luna meanwhile is pouting a bit, still angry with me and not really trusting me yet. Let's hope I can change that!

Personally, I think it's obvious... :)

It's a trap. :)

Hold on temple, I want to borrow your pool for a bit. :)
Of course, I didn't really feel the need to ask permission to a being as lowly as the temple, instead simply showing the trainers what I wanted them to see- A machine deeper in the complex. It's aesthetics were rather unimportant however, just more technobabble futuristic thing, as instead I explain it's function.

This little device is something I believe they've called an "aura shield". :)

It basically weakens a god that comes too close to it to a state they could very well be defeated. :)

I'm not quite sure how it works to be honest! :(

Got a big debt to pay to who-ever can get a peek inside it and help me find that out. ;)

But consider that a... "Bonus objective". ;)

But in essence- In the case a god DOES attempt to retrieve the artifact, they might be in trouble. :/

But that's not all, is there? :)

In truth, I believe they don't care whether an attack by a god fails... Or succeeds. :)

I think they're just trying to lure it out. Taunt them into action. :)

Because what happens once they do, now with league researchers in that place? :)

They will finally take notice. And they won't like having the little toy they were allowed to experiment with taken away either. :)
"...It's not a toy." Luna begrudingly comments, still angry with me, but recognizing there might very well be truth behind my words!

Ha ha ha. I suppose it's not. :)

But they definitely think so. :)

Whether that is a good or bad thing? You decide. :)

But! All this of course becomes moot, when it is not a god that steals it back, doesn't it? ;)

Ha ha ha.

I think you know what I am suggesting. :)

You can't trust the league with this. As good as many of them might be, the moment the top catches a sniff, it'll all be over. :)

So you'd have to do it yourself. :)

But of course... Nobody can force you to do it, but be it your own decision. :)

If you want not to? Nothing's stopping you.

You could simply walk out now, and pretend nothing happened.

Simply continue your career as you would- Spend six to ten years having fun, training pokemon, catching em all, gathering all those badges, before becoming part of the system yourself... 

Most of you will become enforcers. Not a bad position to be honest. A lucky few of you might become gym leaders or helpers, though! :)

But perhaps I am being a bit skeptical in that prospect? Many of you have the aptitude to become something great, after all. ;)

Ha ha ha.

But let's be honest. There's something within most of you that drives you to adventure, is there not? :)

The ability to show this world you can truly make a change? :)

Because if so, I'm willing to help you! :)

I've got a little spell of my own design I believe you will find very useful if this is the path you are going to take. :)

And all I ask in return? :)

These godslayers... They got something that allows them to avoid our kind's gaze... :)

And I believe it has something to do with this... 'Prometheus'. :)

All I want you to do, should you ever encounter him in the flesh... Is to try and scan him. :)

I'll be there to... Amplify that a bit. ;)

And hopefully discover something useful about him. :)
With that I give the kids a brief moment of thought. Time is, of course, completely inconsequential to me, although I realize they do not have that luxury. It's perhaps best for that reason I quickly continue the conversation.

So? :)

What do you think? :)
"...The temple said you knew what happened to the gods."

Ha ha ha! Oh right! I almost forgot about that! :)

Well, not really. But still. :)

I guess you all still want to know about that, huh? :)
With this, in a rather rare circumstance, I am given pause. In reality, this is but a mere fraction of a second, although I decide to wait a second regardless to convey this message. Luna was clearly still upset with me, and while she was a rather minor pawn- In fact, one I nor anyone else even expected to be on the playing board, it could very well be a good thing to have her on my side. If only so she'd stop giving the pawns I'm really interested in bad prompts. And it is so I decide to give Luna- As well as the trainers, an interesting proposal.

Luna.

Would you like to speak to her? :)

You know who I'm talking about. :)

Hear first hand what happened? :)
Funny guy, Blind guy that needs to get a skill improvement on things involving cliffs

"Do any of you have any flying pokemon still awake?" the funny guy says, speaking up to the others around him- Met mostly with disappointment.

"No... Braveheart was knocked out in battle."

"Well, I have Cinder and Bats, but both aren't that strong. It sounds like a bad idea to have lots of small pokemon try and drag him up if we're being honest."

"But we don't have any flying pokemon that could carry him alone... Unless..." Hilary says, giving a cautious look over her shoulder towards the charizard they had fought just moments earlier... Alice, seemingly not wanting to try and deal with the figures that were attacking them just minutes earlier- Even though they seem to be keeping their distance for now- Seeming to come up with another idea.

"I also have Grannonia... She could try and burrow down, maybe?"

"I mean, might be that Alexander has a pokemon... Once he wakes up that is."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 pm

"I don't understand. If it's a trap for them to show what is going on, why would they do it? It would only taunt us and not the gods. And only the fairy temple knows about the fairy artifact...I am not sure what trap you are referring to.

What exactly are you referring to? A spell? Can you tell us the details? We want to at least know what we are getting into.

...However, I think it's best if I stay here and train with Luna, maybe become a priest to learn to heal. I am no good at fighting, and I loathe it, and it will be impossible to persuade the league to alter their course. I know someone whom can possibly help you guys, she should be in Isocles tomorrow morning. Maybe you can contact her and see? Her name is Haley Carter. She said her brother might be with her, but didn't give me more details about it."

"Is this the Crystal Queen? I, James Zora wish to train to become a priest."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Bjorn bangs his pokedex against his hand, before gesticulating with it at the other trainers.

"What the shit?! See! This is why I don't like technology! We don't get sleds and woodburners doing this sort of thing! When did you last hear of a sled talking back to you?!"
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Hmm...Grannonia might work. But he's very big. Maybe he can dig down close, then the Gligar I caught earlier can finish it off, to make it a little less unstable. If he digs at an angle, we can down the path.

After Grannonia does the digging, he will release the Gligar. Hey. I know I said that you'd be flying, but we need your help. One of my friends is stuck on a ledge down there. We've tunneled most of the way down, but I'm hoping you can finish the rest of the digging, carefully. Phoenix points to the tunnel, and lets her start. After she's finished digging, he thanks her, and recalls her. He then releases Cris. Hey, Alex is stuck down there, and needs help. We need to carry him up this tunnel.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:50 pm

In the end, it doesn't really matter what or who I am, does it? :)
"It does matter, though. Luna just said you started a war a long time ago, or you helped make it happen, or something?" Koa rubs his brow with one hand, his other still holding his pokedex as the weird techno-entity 'talks' to the trainers. "Who are you? What did you do back then and what are you trying to do here now?"

But in essence- In the case a god DOES attempt to retrieve the artifact, they might be in trouble. :/

But that's not all, is there? :)

In truth, I believe they don't care whether an attack by a god fails... Or succeeds. :)

I think they're just trying to lure it out. Taunt them into action. :)
"But... why would these god-pokemon care about this box-thing that much? What is it anyway, and why would one of these god-pokemon try to take it back like that? I mean, they've got their own powers, yeah?"

Would you like to speak to her? :)

You know who I'm talking about. :)

Hear first hand what happened? :)
Koa furrows his brow in thought.
"You can... do that? Talk to whichever god-pokemon you want?"

Koa glances over at Luna. She's the priestess here, so if she wants to talk to her 'god' then that's her choice.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:44 am

Drake stares dumbfounded at the pokedex with a tinge of annoyance as he get the sense of a pun in the meta existential air that hardly relates to him, except by coincidence.

"So you are offering to give us a new spell that does what exactly? And all we have to do is scan Prometheus IF we come across him and if we never came across him, we could consider it a gift because you felt like being nice?"

Drake briefly considers doing a guile check, but refrains from doing so as the divine powers influencing him might be his best bet to see any deceptions as it all seemed very dubious to him.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:50 am

"It does matter, though. Luna just said you started a war a long time ago, or you helped make it happen, or something?"
"Who are you? What did you do back then and what are you trying to do here now?"
One of the kid asks. And I see no reason to not oblige him with an answer.

Hmm. Very well. :)

But you're kind of asking the wrong question. :)

I already told you who I am - I am the Spark. :)

You may call me The Eternal Spark if we're being formal. ;)

Ha ha ha.

The better question is, WHAT am I. ;)

Which I also already explained, but I understand it's something that's hard to grasp. :)

Ha ha ha.

To put it in the simplest terms - Which are not completely correct but should allow you to understand it. :)

I am an entity that feeds on the actions of men. :)

Particularly, I feed on actions of advancement. The most known thing of that being technology. ;)

So. You need to understand that... Way back then, I was different from then I was now. :)

I was small and weak. :(

And I didn't care for anything except that concept- Advancement. I was quite literally incapable of understanding anything but that. :(

But... I can reflect back on it now. :)

So then your kind... Under the rule of gods, they lived in contentness. But they desired more. :)

So straying from the gods by their own choice, they looked at what else they could do- And they turned their eyes towards technology and science, rather than magic. :)

And who would I be if not to aid such loyal followers? Show them the things they could do? :)

As time advanced however, more and more people, in a certain sense, flocked to me- Even though only very few knew of my actual existence. :)

But you should be aware I never dictated where their findings would bring them. :)

Everything they found usually was a double sided coin. :)

On one side, there was the good they could do... :)

On the other side, evil. :)

Although which is which is debatable. ;)

But I digress. :)

Eventually things started slowly escalating. :)

More and more of these creations being more weapon than tool... :)

Eventually, the great war broke out because of this.

I won't lie.

I was so excited!

In a hundred years, I grew more powerful than I had over millenia- As each side desperately tried to build the bigger, better weapon to triumph.

And then... It all just stopped.

I didn't understand. :(

In a hundred years you had advanced so much - Why would you suddenly [i]want to[/i] stop? :(

It was here that I had grown powerful enough to realize, as unnatural as it felt, that perhaps there was more to this world than just technology... :)

And I was hit by the realization that your kind... Fascinated me. :)

Just how... Illogically you can act. :)

In the latest year, I've been studying your kind. Examining it. Trying to... Mimic it, to a certain extent. :)

But I digress. :)

Back then I realized that, perhaps partly due to my fault, your kind was in a pickle. :(

And the gods... Many people felt abandoned at that time by them, still. They couldn't just come back and help fix everything. :(

So I did. :)

I cheated a bit- And brought back the most important things from the past. Things you previously needed the gods help for. :)

And since then? I decided it was best not to... Meddle directly anymore. Not without good reason at least. :)

Or when I think it's too cool to pass up. You want to create a porygon..? Yes! I love it! Let's do it! :D

But I digress. Your third question was what I am trying to do here. :)

I guess part of me feels responsible for the gods disappearance. Even though it was never my intention. All I wanted was more technology. :(

But honestly? I don't see why they simply couldn't co-exist. :)

So if these future events are going to dictate whether we see them as heroes or villains... Perhaps I can help give you a chance to push that in the right direction. ;)

Ha ha ha.

But I would lie if I said that was the main reason I decide to intervene so directly.

The truth is that these Godslayers have some form of means to blocking my sight.

As well as the others of us that are left.

I do not like this.

And honestly, the whole implication that is even possible is... Troubling.

So why not help you out and see if we can fix that issue, right? :)
"But... why would these god-pokemon care about this box-thing that much? What is it anyway, and why would one of these god-pokemon try to take it back like that? I mean, they've got their own powers, yeah?"

"I don't understand. If it's a trap for them to show what is going on, why would they do it? It would only taunt us and not the gods. And only the fairy temple knows about the fairy artifact...I am not sure what trap you are referring to."

Ah, but it's not only the artifact, is it? :)

Look at this Prometheus fella- Coming on Tv, just outright murdering one of their kind in front of thousands of people... :)

And then he has the gall to call them the villains?! :o

Wouldn't you already be pissed off just for that? :)

And now they're finally showing where they've hidden what they stole from you. As well as one of their bases! :o

Just how tempting would it be to try and show them a lesson? :)

And if they do, they win- Because simply being able to first hand show the league what they're capable of, is gonna give them an ace card to actually convince them to work together... :)

As for what the artifact is..? Well, that would be a spoiler! Don't want to spill everything for you now, do I? ;)

I might be a deus ex machina, but I'm not gonna be a deus ex machina, get what I'm saying? ;)

Ha ha ha.
"What the shit?! See! This is why I don't like technology! We don't get sleds and woodburners doing this sort of thing! When did you last hear of a sled talking back to you?!"

Sure about that? :)

I'm sure at least a ditto has disguised as those things before. :P

Ha ha ha.
"What exactly are you referring to? A spell? Can you tell us the details? We want to at least know what we are getting into."

"So you are offering to give us a new spell that does what exactly? And all we have to do is scan Prometheus IF we come across him and if we never came across him, we could consider it a gift because you felt like being nice?"

Yup! Although let's be honest- You're not gonna be THAT lucky. ;)

As for what the spell does..? I'll give you one better- What about a demonstration! :D

Could some of you move closer together..? :)

Don't worry, it's not gonna hurt or anything. :)
It's at this point goner kid offers to become a priest, offering the others he knows someone who might be able to help them- Luna seeming willing to talk about it further, but for now distracted by my generous offer.

"You can... do that? Talk to whichever god-pokemon you want?"

Ha ha ha... Not exactly. :)

You'll see what I mean. ;)

Assuming you accept, of course. :)
Of course, the kids leave Luna to this decision. And just as I anticipated, she finds herself hard-pressed to decline such opportunity. As I instruct one of the trainers to hand Luna her pokedex. As I start making the call- The screen turning to a blank calling sign, and I make sure it's set to speaker as well so everyone can listen in... And the phone starts ringing.

I'm just about to tell the others maybe she won't be picking up- It was getting quite late for them, after all. When the beeping stops and a sound comes from the other side. The sound of someone picking up one of those old phones. How oldschool. Ha ha ha.

Never the less, what interests the kids more would likely be the ladies voice coming from the other side. One they themselves would likely describe as, let's see which one to pick... "Sweet as honey".

"Hello there, this is Velvet Box jewelry. How can I help you?"

Funny guy, Blind guy that needs to get a skill improvement on things involving cliffs

"Hmm...Grannonia might work. But he's very big. Maybe he can dig down close, then the Gligar I caught earlier can finish it off, to make it a little less unstable. If he digs at an angle, we can down the path."

"Hmm... That might work. I got my own gligar to help with that, too."

And so the trainers dig down, yadda yadda... And with the gligar doing the last stretch, they manage to recover the blind kid and yadda yadda, after the girl takes care of him, after a good twenty minutes he slowly starts waking up again...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:54 am

Koa has his suspicions when this 'Eternal Spark' elaborates on its motivation. Koa holds off on saying anything just yet, wanting to wait until Luna finishes her call with... a jewelry store clerk?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am

"so you killed millions for your own advancement and we are supposed to trust you? You are worse than the league.

Something neat? Such as mutating people and infecting them with a fungus? You not only aided them to hurt zack but left him conatose because it was neat?! You dont even try to make the mushroom inplant fail because you liked it and are greedy. Because of you zack was controlled by a fungus and millions are dead by your hand. I am not letting you hurt any more of my friends!"
James goes into speed form and tries his best to seperate people from each other, because the evil entity wants them to be closer.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:24 am

"So I'm afraid to ask, but what do you want in exchange for this offer?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:27 pm

"Sorry Izzy, I'm not sure whats going on! I think Luna's healing triggered something in me, or fixed something I didn't know I had. I have no idea."

"...oh. Er, sorry, I...I kinda thought you were just messing with me on purpose. Or something? Erm...."

Before Izzy can say any more on the matter though, she's quickly distracted by the temple's exposition. And the arrival of the....technology god? To be honest, she's not really sure she understands half of what the thing inside her Pokedex is saying. The others certainly seem to have a better grasp on it, at least.

That said, there is one thing that sticks out to her.

"Wait...you said you feed off human advancement, right? And technology is the "most known" one. Well, what about the lesser known ones - how else do humans...."advance"? Exploration? Building?"

Being a lot less paranoid than James is, Izzy ignores his attempts to pull everyone away from each other, instead moving to stand closer to Koa and the others. It wouldn't hurt to at least see this "spell" in action....right?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh good. You're alive! I was so worried!

Not really being able to do anything else to help at the moment, Phoenix slowly brings Alex up, so they can get out of here. If needed, he releases Kanga to help carry him.

On the way out:
Phoenix leaves Alex with Kanga (or the others) and goes up to the Psychic pokemon. Hey, um... sorry for destroying the castle, and stuff. Can I get my pokedex back?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Bjorn pushes James away. "Oi stop it! Get off me, man!"
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:47 pm

"Hey!.."

Drake resist James attempt at pushing him away from the others and steps closer to Izzy and Koa, as she gets closer to him. Drake silently hopes that the eternal spark doesn't want to show a more devastating version of the ira spell.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:56 pm

"i am trying to protect you guys from certian death! I trusted Issac and I wound up dead! I am not letting the same happen to you guys!"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:14 pm

"i am trying to protect you guys from certian death! I trusted Issac and I wound up dead! I am not letting the same happen to you guys!"

Bjorn turns angrily on James. "Yeah well that's because you were a fucking idiot, James! The guy was a psychopathic killer trapped in a soul prison! We stuck together, and we defeated him! I've seen first-hand what happens when you make your own decisions! I'm sticking with the group."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:24 pm

So since this guy speaks better and I disagree with him you decide to do what he says in spite admitting that he caused a genocide? While I admit what I did was stupid that does not mean that the spark won't do something bad to you."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:27 pm

"I don't know if I can trust the Spark, James. But I know for sure I can't trust your judgement until you prove otherwise."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:39 pm

"so you let the spark do whatever it wants with you? Just out of spite? You can get seriously hurt." james stands back from the group, looking at them in sadness and worry.

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 pm

"so you killed millions for your own advancement and we are supposed to trust you? You are worse than the league."

I think you misunderstood what I said. :)

I never killed anyone. :)

And it was never truly my intention, either. :)

I already gave you a good analogy for this... Would you blame the shooter, or the man that made the gun? :)
Goner kid, of course, didn't care for anything I had to say- Starting to rant nonsense. I mean, the Genesome experiments were definitely very interesting to watch, but nothing I did any interference on. And honestly, more of them not quitting while they were ahead rather than any willful evil. Then again, I have a hard time telling those things apart- Perhaps I should leave others to judge. Not that it really mattered, as the kid's attempts at trying to foil something which is ultimately pointless- As I would simply demonstrate on a singular person instead- Are instead met with the exact opposite reaction! I decide to humor him for a bit, however.

I think again you might be overstating exactly what I've done. :)

You are right for a part though. :)

You shouldn't just blindly trust me. :)

I am hoping we can become friends! :D

That would be an... Interesting. Experience. :)

But the truth of the matter is there is no reason to. :)

I simply have an offer, with a very simple favor asked in return. No catches, loopholes, or anything of the sort. :)

You have nothing to lose by accepting it. :)
"Wait...you said you feed off human advancement, right? And technology is the "most known" one. Well, what about the lesser known ones - how else do humans...."advance"? Exploration? Building?"

Ah, this one hit me with a right question there... As I was hit by a sudden burst of... Excitement? I suppose that would fit. Ha ha ha.

Ah, it's a broad term! Some things apply, other things do not... But I guess, in general... It's human creativity that applies. :)

So things like art work as well! :)

Other things, too. :)

But I've simply taken a liking to technology. It is such a fantastic medium to express myself! :D

And... Oh oh oh! Did you like my song? "
I speak- Once again beginning to play the song I had made all myself. In truth I realized it to be rather... Simplistic. Something I would point out myself.

I made it all myself! :D

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I know it's not THAT great. :)

It's funny, isn't it. I can do all these things- But I could never write a good original song. Or write a book. Or anything that requires... The kind of touch only your kind can provide. :)

Anyways, enough of that. Allow me to demonstrate that spell! :D
It is on this note I focus myself on the group of three that has decided to aggregate... Close enough for me. Honestly it was rather inconsequential- I could have simply done it multiple times if necessary. The final spell would be an area of effect around the user, as to hit multiple allies however, and I merely wished to reflect that.

And then... Man, I'm not one to describe this kind of stuff. But the trainers were covered in a blue light. It's blue because I have decided I like that colour over others. That's a thing some people do for some reason? Anyways- As the light quickly fades, the other trainers aren't sure what exactly happened, perhaps for a moment fearing that I whisked away their friends- In their stead three figures standing, dressed in some kind of odd looking costume... Although soon the trainers come to realize it's still them!

Do you like it? :)

It's a disguise spell! :)

It'll last for several hours, unless you want it to disappear earlier. :)

Not only that, but it'll make sure to mask your pokemon's identity too! In essence, with this you should be able to do whatever needs be done without compromising your identity. :)

Barring you get caught, of course. Ha ha ha.

Oh, I also made sure that any devices you have on you won't leave any suspicious traces either. :)

Should allow you to not need worry about that pokedex you're carrying. :)

I've thought of everything, as you can see. :)
"So I'm afraid to ask, but what do you want in exchange for this offer?"

I already told you, haven't I? Just one simple favor. :)

Should you ever encounter Prometheus in the flesh- Try to scan him with your pokedex. :)

And I'll be there to hopefully discover more about him as you do. :)

Regardless the outcome- If you do that, I'll consider it a favor repaid. :)
All this conversation aside however, none had anything to say to the lady on the other side, as Luna hesitated on what to actually say to what seemed like a vaguely familiar voice- Even earning herself an "Hello?" from the other side! As eventually, giving a glance to the trainers who seem to only be edging her on to speak, she manages to stammer something out.

"...Diancie?"

There is an long, long pause from the other side.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid you got the wrong number. Goodbye-"

"No, Diancie! It's me! Luna!"

"Luna..? You- I thought you were dead! You're supposed to be dead!"

"But- I can't talk now, not over this- I'm sorry-"
she says, as I quickly find the need to intervene- Entering the conversation with loud and synthesized voice. Just the way I'd like it, to be honest.

"Do not worry! This call is safe. Nothing could track it even if it wanted to."

"What? Who-"

"It's... Him, Luna. The Spark."

"Him? Why is he speaking to you? What business does he have with you? Did he bring you back from the dead?"

"...Honestly, I'm not sure if that'd surprise me anymore."

"..."

"It's good to hear you again, Luna."

"Our time was cut way too short in the past life."

"...Yeah, it was."

"So... You run a jewelry store now..?"

"Hah, I suppose I do. It's something to pass the time, isn't it? Third one I've run by now, I'd guess..."

"But... Why? Why didn't you bring things back to as how they were? I mean, obviously not you alone, but you and all the others? The builder?"

There is again a brief pause. A more troubled, but still sweet voice eventually gracing the question.

"What were we supposed to do..? And when?"

"The truth is, once the war was over... People were still too bitter. We would have been shunned for arriving only after so much suffering had already been dealt."

"And then... So long had passed. People didn't remember how things used to be. Instead they remembered select stories. Our greatest achievements- And often exaggerating even those."

"But they were events that happened once in millenia. The truth is if we would reveal ourselves once again, people would be left sorely disappointed. And we were scared of the potential of them demanding more."

"Hah, perhaps some of us would rather stay hidden and have us remembered as something greater than we actually were. Because the truth is... They all picked themselves up fast, even without our help. And this world is in many aspects better than the one we had first built."

"...At times, it's hard to feel as if we're not obsolete in this world. And hence I decided to just become a little part of it, you know? Like many others have."

"As for the builder... During the war, some of us... Didn't abide by his commands. They did some horrible things. And now... The builder is keeping the temples locked not only for intruders, but us as well."

"...About that. What DID happen to you Luna? I thought you died sometime during the early war. I... I lost track of you!"