PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 am

Bjorn gasps, taken aback.

"Nope Nope Nope. Not a fan of slavery thanks. Counter-offer: You release Koa and hand over the idol or else I smash this mirror to smithereens, and you never ever have a hope of getting out!"

He balls his fists and encases them in ice.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Drake follows along, trying to figure out what is going on silently.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:53 am

Alex

Gwen slashes, dealing a good amount of damage... In response, it strikes with a wing attack for 58(96) damage... Making a gratuitous amount of overkill!

(lights remaining: 2)
Gwen(45/25) +4 SPD KO
Murkrow(16) heavily injured
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Haley

Haley doesn't find anything else in the room, going back through the vent system... On the way back she does notice that there's another vent, on both sides in fact, though this one is securely bolted shut. She definitely accidentally looked over them, and it wasn't just forgotten by the narrator. It looks down into a seemingly completely enclosed room, with only another idol stand in there... The vent exit meanwhile, just seems to lead to the as for now unexplored left side of the maze.

Bjorn

"Nope Nope Nope. Not a fan of slavery thanks."

"Now, now, those are some big words..! It's not like I'm having him go around shining my boots or stuff like that... It's imprisonment, at worst..!"

"Counter-offer: You release Koa and hand over the idol or else I smash this mirror to smithereens, and you never ever have a hope of getting out!"

His double only seems to grin a bit, shaking it's head as he points a thumb in Koa's direction.

"That counts double for him, you know..! That'd ought to be a disappointment for him, to learn that this temporary little thing became an eternity... Then again, he seemed pretty adamant this was a bad thing that'd ought to be stopped, so... Maybe he'd be willing to accept such a sacrifice, hmm..?" his reflection muses.

"So what is it gonna be..? You taking the deal and take his spot until the next person arrives, or not..?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:10 am

Next up is Pillow, who uses Thunder Shock on the murkrow.

miss
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:12 am

"You play, girl..?"

"...a little, yeah? I'm...not that good though. My uncle taught me a few things, but I've mostly had to learn by myself."

Izzy shrugs, then turns to Isabella.

"Oh yeah, I called Jack. He said to wait here for him."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:40 am

Haley looks around for another opening in that room. If there are none then she unbolts the vent from her side and tries to get ahold of the other bolt. If she can't she pulls out the magnet she had earlier to try to attract the bolt to open it.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Bruce collects his pokemon, and heads out to the pokemon center to wait with Koa and Irene.

"Yeah, and she was giving me weird looks," "I'm not complaining, though. If that Grim guy's gonna do something, I'm just wanna be ready as I can be."

So, who is this Grim guy? And how does he fit in the that Overseer guy that gave you Kinhe? We kind of got interrupted before you guys could finish explaining everything.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 am

Well, in the simplest form he's just a ghost trying to get home... Did you hear about the incident at the trainers league? He's the one who summoned all the ghosts to possess people, and try to commit a lot of murder.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 am

I think I heard about it. But how does trying to kill a bunch of people help it get home?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:31 am

Bjorn hesitates for a short period before winding up and smashing the mirror with an Ice Punch.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Alex

PIllow comes out, and starts out with a wonderful miss. In return, it astonishes for 61(44) damage..!

Gwen(45/25) +4 SPD KO
Murkrow(16) heavily injured
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Pillow(5) 39/74
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO

Izzy, Drake

Drake silently observes- Leaving Izzy and the others to deal with the new arrival.

"...a little, yeah? I'm...not that good though. My uncle taught me a few things, but I've mostly had to learn by myself."

"Good enough. Got a special one time offer then-" the woman says, unslinging her own guitar... At first part it... Looks like it should work? Although to say it's a "regular" guitar would be an obvious falsehood, since firstly it seems to be an electrical one, though with the amps and all already built in... Which is just the beginning of it's modifications- It seems to be reinforced and have spikes added, meaning... Can it be used as a weapon?!"

"I'll swap ya, if you're interested. Consider it a lil gift for helping sort this mess out, yeah? You'd want to test it?"

"Oh yeah, I called Jack. He said to wait here for him."

"Ah... Makes sense- Might be a while, though, he-" the woman starts, though speak of the devil... A voice calls out from behind them- Practically already next to them before declaring his presence, Jack joined by someone else as well..? A rather meek looking girl, dressed in dark robes, shuffling awkwardly along.

"I'm here."

"Ah."

"...Busy day?"

"Yeah."

With a brief moment of awkward silence, eventually Jack turns himself towards Isabella too... But before he can even begin to say something, the girl interjects, almost snarling: "I'm. Fine."

"...I'll go to the academy to get myself checked out. You guys can join me if you want."
she says, a bit less venomous... Though none the less not even seeming to wait on the duo as she turns around and leaves. Jeremy frowns for a moment before deciding to tag along- Leaving Izzy and Drake with the duo for a moment longer.

"...I guess Betty left already?"

"Yeah, she's out. Probably blowing off steam somewhere."

"Hmm. And Richard?"

"Out cold on the platform. Was gonna go look at him in a sec."

"You'll take care of the prick..?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll remind him who's the boss around here. Just so happens I already know what he can pay for, if ya catch my drift?"

Jack nods, before turning back to face the two trainers... Sighing as he shakes his head slightly.

"I guess we'll take care of things from here... Go get yourself checked out as well- And take care of Isabella, alright..?"

Haley

Haley can't see a real entrance into the room... But there's gotta be one, right? Just hidden..? With that though, she returns back to the other vent, easily unlatching it, though the system is boltless and can't be claimed... As she arrives back in the maze.
► Show Spoiler
Bruce, Irene, (Koa)

Bruce and Irene talk about stuff...

(You can give me an occult edu roll if you want to see if any of you would remember why/how that might work)

Bjorn

Bjorn hesitates for a moment... And then moves forward to punch the mirror- The glass cracks around the imprint of his fist as his double disappears, and the whole thing turns hazy... And he also takes ten HP damage as some apparently glass shards get stuck in his hands- Probably not his greatest idea ever...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:45 pm

You said there was a room that was isolated but had an idol in it. Haley is trying to get to that idol.

EDIT: Haley figures there must be some way to get into the room. She searches for any sort of secret of getting into there. Per [5d6+5] = 19+5 = 24 intuition [2d6] = 5

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 am

Hitting Pillow with a melee attack triggers Static, the Murkrow is paralysed.

Trying another Thunder Shock.
Pillow Thunder Shock: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
2D6+8+17 = [6, 3]+8+17 = 34
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:14 am

Izzy's eyes go wide as she takes in the electric guitar. That thing was so cool! Sure, it didn't really fit her style, what with all the spikes and everything. But they'd probably be super useful in a fight, if anyone got too close to her. And those amps would make getting people's attention way easier, if she ever needed to raise some quick money again.

But...if she accepted, then she'd have to give up her acoustic guitar...

...still, having a quick test play couldn't hurt. Could it? Taking the offered guitar, Izzy puts the strap on and strums out a few notes. Her unfamiliarity with the instrument makes her nervous, but she still manages a nice solo performance.

Charm: 15
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:16 am

"Alright, we'll do that.."

Drake still hasn't gotten wiser and Jacks arrival with an intern?.. doesn't make it easier. He is however more than happy to leave this place and get his pokemon healed.

He'll try to urge Jeremy to breach the subject of what Isabella has done since he knows her best.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:38 am

Frustrated at his rash decision as much as the outcome, Bjorn can do nothing more but continue on into the maze.

Perception: 5D6 = [4, 3, 6, 5, 1] = 19
Intuition: 2D6 = [6, 3] = 9
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:24 am

Haley

Haley starts exploring this part of the maze, looking for... Anything? Without at least an initial idea of what she's looking for, she might need to get lucky, though... As for now, she finds something else. The maze once again opening up in a larger room, but this one seeming to be holding... A graveyard..? There's a couple "graves" dug in little patches where the floor has been replaced by dirt... Opposite the room is a door, locked mechanically... Sided by some kind of robot animatronic, made to resemble a grim reaper, a little plaque next to it... And meanwhile, in the far off corner of the room... Some kind of alchemy bench?

Alex

The Murkrow, despite being paralyzed, still manages to get off another astonish for 54(37) damage... The flaaffy only barely keeping up before it manages to retaliate, knocking the murkrow out!

The final pokemon is a sableye.

Gwen(45/25) +4 SPD KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Murkrow(10/16) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Pillow(5) 2/74
Sableye(5)
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO
► Show Spoiler
Izzy, Drake

Izzy considers the guitar for a moment, figuring that at least she can play it for a while... And... It's pretty good! It got a whole dial made for settings, one even allowing her to almost perfectly mimic the standard "acoustic" guitar... And some other settings so she could have that more "metallic" noise if she'd so prefer just as well. And a considerable volume boost, if she wanted it... She even plays out some nice notes, to the Queen's approval! Of course, it doesn't seem to have that many other features... Unless she's missing something, she could probably smack someone upside the head with it if she's ever pressed to, without needing to worry about it breaking... It's definitely strong enough for that!

Besides that, though... It's a cool guitar, and it can double like a weapon... But it's not like it shoots lasers or anything of the likes. She thinks. At least, not without throwing it in some kind of magical forge built to do that kind of thing.

After settling her decision with the queen, she presumably moves along with Drake, Jeremy and Isabella... To get checked out, while Drake ever so subtly tries to get Jeremy to ask about it... So he doesn't have to. Arguably the kid is even more socially inept than Drake is, though, and having issues figuring out "when"... But luckily for him, doesn't even have to ask- Isabella seeming to take the silence en route as enough of a que to start talking herself.

"So... I promised I'd tell you, so listen up- I'm only going to do it once."

"Long ago... Well, a year or so- I... Worked for Sinclair. He did... He was... He was a bad man. Who did horrible things. Least of all was his profession. He bred pokemon for fighting sports. Some of the fights he helped host were a big moneymaker... And I guess you can see how a breeder for a part of the city that can usually not legally get them."

"But, despite him being... Bad, he was also very charismatic. Or rather, a deceptive snake- He kept his real self hidden from the outside world, so he was popular. I had no one to turn to- They wouldn't believe me if I did."

"But one night... I couldn't take it any more. I stole one of the pokemon he had been training, Max- And ran. Straight for the academy, where finally I first spoke... The head nurse believed me. She got me in contact with Jack, for protection, and training."

"Meanwhile, that... Fucking asshole had me branded a thief and coward. Betty... Was the only one who knew otherwise. But she just agreed. She helped spread the word, despite knowing the truth."

"There were talks about punishing him, but..."
the girl whose voice was breaking more by the second almost seems to chuckle for a moment, sternly looking forward. "But the law rarely applies in Murkoff. And with him in such a high position, he was nigh untouchable."

"...Not like it mattered. It had only been a couple days after I ran, when he just... Died. In the middle of the day, surrounded by others, he just fell over and died. They said it was a stroke- But many called the event... Too coincidental. As if I fucking arranged it somehow. Personally I just like to think some big guy up in the sky finally started listening to some god damn prayers."

"So... There you have it. The story of how I was too weak to do anything, and needed others to solve my problems."
the girl finally finishes- Meanwhile, the destination she was heading to almost reached, a big iron gate of an old university just ahead...
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn curses a bit at himself for the perhaps rather rash decision, continuing in the maze... Although moving ahead, there doesn't seem to be much of a "maze" left- The path he's on no longer branching, though winding just a bit, before finally coming on a four-way split... Straight ahead the path seems to curve away, while to his right seems to be a long, stretching corridor... To his left however, is a slight red glow- A sign above a door, marked "exit"...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 am

(She was looking for a way into isolated room while in vent) Haley looks around at the graveyard. Seeing the newly 'dug' graves gives her an idea and she starts digging, using a 'tombstone' as a shovel.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Izzy plays with the guitar a little more....then shakes her head and hands it back over.

"Sorry, but no thanks. It's not really my style. Plus mine was kinda a present, so I'm a bit attached to it..."

"...actually, did you make that yourself? Or did you buy it somewhere? I'm thinking I could just get my guitar modified instead, maybe? I am kinda worried about it breaking, and it could always be a little cooler..."

-------------------------------------

As Isabella finishes her story, Izzy just stares for a few seconds. Then, leaning over, she wraps the other girl in a soft hug.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Initiative: 18

Electro Ball (Equal speed, so only Special attack/defence applies)
AC=[20]+1 = 21, Damage = 33
Crit damage: 26
Total Damage: 59
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 am

Haley

Haley finds no way into the isolated room from the vents themselves. In the graveyard meanwhile, she gets the clever idea to try and dig in the soil..! It definitely seems like it should be possible, though likely not with the tombstones... Those are deeply rooted in the soil themselves. At least, not without digging them out as well, which might be impossible, and kind of defeats the purpose. She could try and dig with just her hands, but that could be painstaking... Or there might be something else..?

Oh, also one of these graves has her name on it... Fun!

Izzy

"Sorry, but no thanks. It's not really my style. Plus mine was kinda a present, so I'm a bit attached to it..."

"Ah, I getcha girl- Wouldn't dare even offer had I known. I'll just compensate ya both some other way, yea? Don't let it be said the Queen doesn't appreciate the help." she says- Casually taking out a grand for the two of them to split (500 each). It's not exactly great riches, but it's something at least...

"...actually, did you make that yourself? Or did you buy it somewhere? I'm thinking I could just get my guitar modified instead, maybe? I am kinda worried about it breaking, and it could always be a little cooler..."

"Hell yeah I made it myself! Got that old car forge blazing again for just that purpose, haha!"

"Modification, though... Might be a bit tricky- Thing's still wood after all, yeah, and if I start breaking things off to revamp it we got a ship of Theseus situation going on... And there's still something about just an original one, yeah?"

"Though, I could make it work... If I just forge to the sides and add proper bracing, I could keep the core and still allow you to swing it around without needing to worry about it breaking... No fancy dials though, unless you want me to basically remake it to be electronic. And I would have to charge... Though I'll offer a discount."

---

Later, on the way to the Academy, Izzy listens to Isabella's tale... And then promptly offers an unsolicited hug- Almost getting an elbow in the face.

"Hey! I don't need a hug..!" the girl scolds... Then spends a couple perhaps uncomfortable moments before finally (gently) shoving Izzy off. Meanwhile, it appears the iron gates of the academy have opened... And on the other side stands what might be the tallest person the group has ever seen- Likely a bit over seven feet, and with a set of broad shoulders, the bald, but bearded man loomed over them even as his arms just dangled weakly at his side.

"Ah. Miss Isabella." the man states plainly, an almost uncomfortable silence falling for a couple moments... Before the man simply weakly lifts an arm off to a side, vaguely gesturing.

"Well... You know where to find the infirmary. Get yourself checked out."

Alex

Pillow goes first, managing to get off one last attack- And an impressive one, too..! It's quickly followed by a shadow sneak for 25(8) damage though, knocking him out..!

Gwen(45/25) +4 SPD KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
sandile(13/15) KO
Murkrow(10/16) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Pillow(5) KO
Sableye(5) heavily injured
Slippy(2) KO
scraggy(0/5) KO
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 am

Haley laughs at the obsucrity of her name on a tombstone. "Hah! I should have put my name down as 'My butt' so it would say 'RIP My Butt." Haley uses her hands to dig out 'her' tombstone and uses that as a shovel.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:01 am

"...I'll think about it? I'm probably not going to be hitting anything with it, but still. Where could I find you?"

Considering she'd just spent all her cash getting those things from the market, Izzy is very happy with the 500 bucks.

--------------------------------------

Ignoring Isabella's protests, Izzy continues her hug until getting pushed off.

Then she gets distracted by the literal giant standing in front of them. At almost 2ft taller than her, she has to really crane her neck to look up at him.

"Uhh...hi! I'm Izzy! What's your name? Are you a security guard?"

At the mention of an infirmary, Izzy glances down at her bare arms and winces. The electrical welts from yesterday had started healing, but now they'd been joined by fresh dragonfire burns that were already starting to blister. Plus, she could feel a nasty bruise developing on her shoulder from that rock slide she got hit with.

"Can...can I use this infirmary too?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:16 am

Hrmmm... Let's pull out Roy next.

Fire Punch: AC = 11, Damage = 60
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:44 am

It turns out Koa, Irene, and Bruce never left the academy, actually! And since Izzy coincidentally arrived, now they don't have to wait to post head to the pokemon center to meet up!

"Oh hey, Izzy! Wow, you okay, what happened?" Koa asks, walking up to her and just noticing her bumps and bruises.

"And uh... did Irene tell you what's goin' on? With our ghost friend?"