PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:10 am

Izzy flies straight up on Kay's back. And once they're at a good height, she scans up and down the river, looking for anything of interest (like a lake or pond).

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 am

"I'm Alex Sparo. I'm guessing everyone trusts you? As for your shop... I'd prefer to keep it out of sight, so that the people who may want to take it can't, but it may be better than carrying a big sack around."

I'm Bruce. I don't know if anybody trusts me, but we met up to talk about Tops and they saved me from a gang attack. I figured I owe you guys some help with your ghost problem. It'll be good for a story at least.

After that, Bruce will sit and listen to the group tell their stories about gods and cores and all sorts of weird things, and maybe gives a second thought about his own sanity for hanging out with them. But he figures, in between the river and the mine, he would find better Pokemon in the mine, so he goes with Drake and co. there.

Perception = 7
Athletics = 5
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SamWiser on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am

Haley is about to turn away before she pauses. "Also, your disguise kinda doesn't really hold up if someone touches you. Ooh! Wanna come with me? I have a few ideas.

Like you can use your disguise ability for almsot anythin! And after a person does this potion thing is a perfect time to mess with them. Maybe make the walls look like they are bleedin, are a loud thumping of a heart. Maybe tie in the rooms together more, like have a theme or somethin, that tends to help with the atmosphere. Like if you want a death theme, you can put fake skeletons in Hilgia's lair, or if you want more of an olden feel you can have it feel empty and the floors creaking with each step. What you got so far is fun but having a theme would make is so much better!"

Haley goes further into the maze. Per [5d6+5] = 17+5 = 22 intuition [2d6] = 9

(did she feel anything from the poke? What do you mean by funny?)
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 am

While Izzy's up doing some scouting, Koa takes a look in his pokedex for ghost and dark-type pokemon that are likely to live in/near the water. Frillish is out, since that's only in the ocean. That leaves Carvanha, which conveniently enough are right there in the river, as Izzy likely pointed out. For something tougher to find and tougher to catch, there's Crawdaunt and Greninja... hmm....

Koa fishes out his ancient Specialized Cooking book and starts studying pokemon diets, using his pokedex to help narrow the search down to what a Greninja would like (the pdf says herbivore, but idk about that).

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 am

Irene joins Koa, Izzy, and Alex in exploring the river. Pulling out her old rod she offers it to anyone who wants to go fishing.

She's surpringly agile while asking Alex a question Hey, you can help pokemon understand a different view point right? I've got a friend who's a little to bold, like if I released him into a the school of carvahna he'd feel confident about fighting them. Is there a way to help show him some modesty?

When they're a safe distance away for the carvahna she'll realese Pisces into the river so he can have a good swim, though she does refain from releasing Ms. Cuddles because that would probably scare away most pokemon...

Irene athletics check [2d6] = 11
Irene perception check [2d6] = 5

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

"Did something to you? That doesn't sound healthy. You been okay since then?"

"Not sure it was, but I'm fine for now and should be super eligible for the touched edge that it should be free."

"I've already got one of those, I'm more worried about what just moved in the dark, better keep eyes and ears open."

Drake will move further inside with the others, ignoring the arons
Last edited by Theis2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 am

Izzy, Koa, Irene, Alex

Izzy decides to fly up to get a bird's eye view of the situation... More or less managing to more concretely confirm the suspicions they had from the ground. The river leading northwards has all been dug out in one big channel, and while it's off course not unthinkable that there'll be plenty of water pokemon in or around it, it doesn't really become still, easily accessible water until they reach the dam which would be a good long walk. There is also plenty of woods surrounding it though, so assuming they'd be looking for a pokemon from there..?

To the south, though, things might look a bit more promising... The channel eventually devolving in a natural, though wild river. Even further to the south the river eventually splits, one end presumably heading towards the ocean, while the other leads into a series of lakes and marshes... That is a long distance away, though. Closer, though, there are a couple little water outlets here and there, not too far off... Seems like an ideal spot to look!

Koa meanwhile, is setting his eyes on a particular catch... Finding that, indeed, a Greninja's diet is mostly herbivorous. They might have a couple omnivorous tendencies, but, for the most part, they're herbivorous... He should be able to make something tasty specific for them. Then he'd just need to find a decent spot to actually try and bait...

Irene meanwhile releases Pisces in the waters below... After making sure the carvanha were far enough away, of course.

(I'll take another set of perception rolls, as well as a direction you guys want to head... Koa can give me a survival roll to look for a spot he could try and bait.)

Drake, Bruce

"I've already got one of those, I'm more worried about what just moved in the dark, better keep eyes and ears open."

"...What?"

"I didn't see anything... You didn't get scared by my story did you? We'll be fine." Isabella responds as she flicks on the flash light as they approach the cave, giving the Aron a wide berth... The terravores in turn more than happy to ignore the trainers as well. Shining down the tunnel ahead, the lare man-made hollowing runs DEEP, the flashlight not even managing to reach the end of the tunnel, instead only revealing a gradually dimming hallway... Tracks are set in the ground, made for a train, though there's no sign of anything that actually drives on it, if construction ever even got that far. On first glance, the clearly manmade tunnel doesn't look like it'd be prime real estate for wild pokemon, though...

There's no sign of whatever Drake might have seen, either.

"Okay, so... I've heard plenty of stories of the tunnel digging into wild pokemon areas and natural cave systems, so... Look around for side passages that might lead to those?"

Haley

"Also, your disguise kinda doesn't really hold up if someone touches you. Ooh! Wanna come with me? I have a few ideas."

The guy pauses... Seeming to grin just ever so lightly as he replies. "Surprised you even noticed, to be honest. Just a poke ain't really enough to notice a thing... Unless you're just guessing, in which case whatever."

"Ya got guts though kid, I'll grant you that.", "he" speaks, his... Her? Voice suddenly shifting to something more feminine in nature. Soon dropping the illusion all together, or at least, exchanging it for a different one... Soon taking on the appearance of a darker skinned girl, with long red hair.

"Most people get too scared or unattentful to notice anything wrong... Let alone complain it's not scary enough. I mean, we gotta place our limits if we don''t want the league to just shut down our little show, you know?"

Like you can use your disguise ability for almsot anythin! And after a person does this potion thing is a perfect time to mess with them. Maybe make the walls look like they are bleedin, are a loud thumping of a heart. Maybe tie in the rooms together more, like have a theme or somethin, that tends to help with the atmosphere. Like if you want a death theme, you can put fake skeletons in Hilgia's lair, or if you want more of an olden feel you can have it feel empty and the floors creaking with each step. What you got so far is fun but having a theme would make is so much better!"

"Hah! I'm good, but I'm not that good. Besides, you seem like the kind of person who'd touch a bleeding wall to test it, and then you'd know for sure it's fake."

"Guess the surprise is ruined then... Oh well. Guess that means I'll just have to step up my game, right?"

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am

"Well, the maze gives a lot of breathers and stuff. Hah! Yea I probably would! And maybe?
I mean I have super good perception, so if you can fool me you can fool almost anybody! Oh! And I really like the spiderlady! Maybe you should get more people like her?"
Haley walks with her to the next area.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:03 am

Koa continues doing research, looking up a map of the area. Combined with his survival knowledge, he tries to determine the nearest possible location where a Greninja might be. He'll double check with Izzy once she comes down, but it seems like going South might be the best option?

Perception and Survival finding good Greninja spot:
2d6 = [5, 1] = 6
6d6+2 = [5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 1] = 23

(I'll bump the Survival up to a 25)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 am

Dropping back down to the others, Izzy points up the river.

"Okay, so it looks like pretty rough water all the way up to the dam, and that's a bit of a walk. Lots of trees to explore though. Downstream it splits off into some lakes and marshes, but that's even further. But before that there are some little offshoots that might be good?"
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm

"Your story is kinda tame compared to what has happened the last few days so it doesn't really worry me.. But I'm sure I saw something moving. But yeah lets find more natural caves."

Drake will release Ghos to help him look around with his darkvision

Ghos perception: 5d6 = [6, 6, 5, 3, 3]+1 = 24
Drake perception: 5d6 = [5, 3, 2, 1, 1] = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm

"Downriver it is, I suppose."

Alex Per: 1D6 = [4] = 4
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

We should go in teams of two, just in case. Bruce sees Drake let Ghos out, and thinks it's a good idea. He releases Shadow as well to help look. He tries to use his knowledge of the local area to best figure out where the best local pokemon would be.

Bruce Per= 7
Shadow Per= 12 (And he also has Darkvision
Poke Edu= 16

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Irene is a little more attentive then usual, but that's mostly because she's watching the river in case something happens

irene perception check [2d6] = 9

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:45 am

Izzy will go downriver with the others, keeping an eye out for any interesting looking birds.

Izzy Per: 22
Kay Per: 24

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Making his last foray into the maze, Bjorn heads back to the intersection and takes the long stretching corridor opposite the exit. Nearly there...

Bjorn Perception and Intuition checks:
Perception = 5D6 = [2, 3, 1, 6, 6] = 18
Intuition = 2D6 = [6, 5] = 11
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Haley

"Well, the maze gives a lot of breathers and stuff. Hah! Yea I probably would! And maybe?
I mean I have super good perception, so if you can fool me you can fool almost anybody! Oh! And I really like the spiderlady! Maybe you should get more people like her?"

"Heh, she IS one of a kind." she agrees, though... Makes no motion to actually join Haley in further continuing in the maze. Instead, she only offers a grin that... Doesn't quite seem to stop where it should. Instead, it just keeps going until it's practically at her ears, revealing a line of sharp, deadly looking fangs.

"Hehehe... Well, have fun kid..!" are her last words as she slowly seems to fade away, leaving only that grin standing against the the backdrop... Before disappearing herself entirely.

Leaving Haley alone again to explore the next part of the maze... Presumably. It doesn't take too long for her to find another door, leading further into the maze... But again, locked. There seem to be a set of wires coming from it though, going in two different directions... Presumably leading to locations she can unlock the door..?

Koa, Izzy, Irene, Alex

The group continues downwards the river, as predicted and Izzy had pointed out, the channel eventually turning into a more natural, if wild, deep, and rather wide... But, at least the water should be pretty reachable now, even if a swim wouldn't be advised. A couple of Marill are swimming in the river here, and there's a little pool that's been created off to the side, presumably at moments where the river "overflowed" for a moment... A couple of slowbro's hanging out, while surskit dance on the water. Looking at it, Koa realizes it's not the ideal location to try and put some bait... That'd also require some kind of cover for the ninja frogs to retreat to. However, assuming they don't want to keep trekking for a spot that turns out to be just that bit better, if he were to put it up near the river he might attract the attention of one... It might still take a couple tries and some luck, but might be the best option..?

...There is the matter that the little pool is on the other side of the river, though- And the only bridge is the ten minutes they just spent walking, back...

Izzy also notices some Floatzel not that much further along the river, in little hidden burrows...

Drake, Bruce

"Your story is kinda tame compared to what has happened the last few days so it doesn't really worry me.. But I'm sure I saw something moving. But yeah lets find more natural caves."

"If you say so... I'll keep an extra eye out, just in case."

We should go in teams of two, just in case.

"I... Why shouldn't we just stick together..?"

And stick together they do, at least for now- Trailing along the unfinished railway, it's Ghos who eventually is first to point out an oddity at the side of the tracks, part of the stone giving way to a little alcove, with an iron door on it's end... Which, while ordinarily locked, has also been bashed open at some point in the past, allowing the trainers passage. A small whiff of cool, if somewhat stale air meets the trainers as they open up in what seems to be a more natural series of caves, for now going left and right... Though, mostly right unless they'd want to trek through a bunch of slugma- The left hallway seeming almost infested with them, crawling on the floors, walls, and ceiling..! They seem to be too busy munching on some kind of moss to really pay attention, though. Over to the right seem to be a couple holes which Bruce recognizes as a sandshrew den, while Ghos quietly tries to point out something neither of the trainers are seeing... Only eventually noticing what looks to be a pair of almost invisible eyes gazing at the trainers in the distance. Well... Several pairs, actually.

Bjorn

Following the other, unexplored passage, he eventually comes across a dead end... Well, not really a "dead" end- But there's a large solid iron "gate" blocking access further inside the room. Instead, there was only a small plinth up in front, with four little identations on it, that suspiciously match the idols he's been collecting...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Haley sees the wires and starts fixing them immediately. tech [5d6+1] = 12+1 = 13

insight [2d6] = 6 per [5d6+5] = 11+5 = 16

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:24 pm

"Hmm... I don't see much here - nothing that I'm looking for anyway. Let's keep going, yeah? Unless ya see something."

If not, Koa will continue on! Maybe there's a better spot he could bait further downriver?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:42 am

"I'm good to keep moving. And let me know if you want to check out the other side - we can take turns having Kay carry us across."

If they do continue on, Izzy will fly a little higher this time, keeping her eyes on the horizon for any bird-like shapes.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:27 am

"Agreed. I'm not looking for anything specific, anyway."

More perception will be upcoming, I guess.
Alex Per: 1D6 = [1] = 1

Bliiiiiiiiind
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 am

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 am

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Once he notices the eyes, Bruce stops. He turns and whispers to Shadow, telling him to turn invisible and investigate the eyes.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:05 am

Drake will intently look at the eyes watching them, trying to discern the different pokemon species that might be watching them based on eye shape, height of the floating and what not that set them apart and can help in the identification of the pokemon.
Ghos goes invisible as well, not about to be the sole target of the combined attacks, even with his fancy ghost plate.

Drake poke edu (pokemaniac): 5d6 = [5, 4, 4, 3, 2] = 18
Drake poke edu (pokemaniac):5d6 = [6, 3, 2, 2, 1] = 14
Drake poke edu (pokemaniac): 5d6 = [5, 5, 3, 2, 1] = 16
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked