PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Oh good. You're alive! I was so worried!
Alex stares blankly at Phoenix for a moment before his eyes widen and he grabs frantically at Phoenix, wincing as he moves, "I'm alive! I thought I was dead. I knew I was dead. Oh, it was awful, I felt like I was falling for days. Everything is burning, but I'm alive! H-how? What happened? I'm sure I should be dead right now."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 am

► Show Spoiler
Koa blinks as the other trainers start giving him odd looks.
"...What?"
He glances over at Izzy and backpedals a step.
"Who-?!"
And then he notices his own hand covered in some kind of techno-glove...?

Code: Select all

Do you like it? :)

It's a disguise spell! :)
Koa touches at his helmet that he didn't realize he was now suddenly wearing, checking to see if it was real or if it was just some kind-of illusion. Well, they look cool, at least!

"But...," Koa says quietly, careful to not disturb Luna's call, "if we do go along with what you're asking, you said they had some way of weakening god-pokemon at this research place, yeah? Won't that, y'know, cancel this out?"

Speaking of Luna's call, Koa tries his best to not get in the way of Luna catching up with this Diancie person. Was it a god-pokemon? But she said she was running a jewelry store? So many questions started running through Koa's head, so many things he could ask these ancient pokemon from the past. He remembers something, though, and puts those questions on hold to bring up a more practical concern.

He does his best to whisper at Luna.
"Tell her about Charon. She can help with that, yeah?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:47 am

James tries not to let his distrust of the tech monster show, it's obvious to him that the tech monster can change tech to benifit it the most, and could have prevented the guns or weapons from being effective and stop the scientists. To him the monster is not only the creator but the shooter as well.

"What about psychics? Or things that can see through illusions.... or whatever that is."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:19 pm

"I'm alive! I thought I was dead. I knew I was dead. Oh, it was awful, I felt like I was falling for days. Everything is burning, but I'm alive! H-how? What happened? I'm sure I should be dead right now."

We were all climbing the rope... and you fell! You landed on a small platform. We dug down with Alice's Onix, and got you out. You seem to be mostly okay now, but we really should get you to a pokecenter to make sure!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:59 pm

I made it all myself! :D

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I know it's not THAT great. :)

It's funny, isn't it. I can do all these things- But I could never write a good original song. Or write a book. Or anything that requires... The kind of touch only your kind can provide. :)
"Don't say that! I think it's good! Very....catchy."

"I don't think I'm very good at making songs either, to be honest. I just....play whatever feels right at the time, y'know?"

Later, after the Spark casts the spell on them, Izzy finds herself studying the weird clothes with a mix of bemusement and wonder.

"Huh...........neat. It's like we're in one of those sci-fi shows on the telly."

".....so, how do we, uhh..."cast" it, again? Oh, and what about turning it off after we're done? Can we do that, or do we have to wait for it to run out or something?"

Out of curiosity she then sends out Kay, to see what her spell disguise looks like.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:53 pm

"Keh... Luck really did favour me today. The doctors aren't going to be happy with me... We can leave, right? The locals don't have a problem?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 pm

"Keh... Luck really did favour me today. The doctors aren't going to be happy with me... We can leave, right? The locals don't have a problem?"

I don't think they do. I hope not at least.

At that, Phoenix goes back to the marketplace. If they don't receive trouble, he goes up to the Psychic pokemon from earlier, and starts the conversation from my first post.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:12 pm

"Wow.."

Drake decides to copy Koa and see how much of it is real. Afterwards he's thinking really hard on making it disappear again to see if that's what the eternal spark meant by it being easily dismissable.

"From what I understand, the spells are powered by unown, bound to a book, so I guess he would add them to the book and we just need to pronounce the word written to activate it."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 pm

"Diance, pardon my intrusion, but you are relevant. Even if the legends about you have been exaggerated they're still tales that are important to the realm. The stories told to me by my mother, and then my father and grandmother. It's not a sense of justice that has pushed me here. It's wanting to protect the deities who made me feel safe during my childhood. I don't care if you don't have everything the legends claim, or if this world is better in "many aspects" You are still vital to this world beyond your jewelry store, you are with every child growing up hearing the tales. I might not be able to do much, but I'm working to protect you, and everyone else from being injured from the godslayers, so please don't give up hope, you are needed in a different way, but just as an important one. ok?"

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:13 am

Funny guy, blind guy

"Oh good. You're alive! I was so worried!"
"I'm alive! I thought I was dead. I knew I was dead. Oh, it was awful, I felt like I was falling for days. Everything is burning, but I'm alive! H-how? What happened? I'm sure I should be dead right now."

"We were all climbing the rope... and you fell! You landed on a small platform. We dug down with Alice's Onix, and got you out. You seem to be mostly okay now, but we really should get you to a pokecenter to make sure!"

"Yea, seems to be what happened... Honestly, it doesn't matter what happened- You're okay, that's the important part. Alexander is starting to wake up too..." the one kid says, looking at the other, groaning kid as he seems to slowly come to his bearing as well, seemingly knocked around a bit harder than even the blind guy was, despite how the drop should have done far more than it seemed to have. Ultimately it was rather a blur, however. And he probably didn't care to try and use a... "Focus roll" to try and remember what actually happened.

"I don't think they do. I hope not at least."
"The locals haven't... The bone lord is getting up as well though. If he has a problem he hasn't shown it yet, but... I think we should get out asap."

"Uuuuuuh... What the fuck happened..."

Regardless, Phoenix goes to collect his pokedex from the alien pokemon- Sharing his condolences.

"Hey, um... sorry for destroying the castle, and stuff. Can I get my pokedex back?"

"Hmm... It's not really my problem, to be honest. It's a shame to see this place go- But I'll find... Other avenues to get what I need." my devout follower says- Handing back the device.

"It's the Bone lord's problem. He had this coming for a while if we're being honest- He's a bit of an egomaniac. But still he used that power the little trinket gave him to keep this place running. Now he likely won't have the power to do it."

"...On the other hand, considering what's after it, I think he might just as well be glad to get rid off it."

"Anyways... I'm going to pack my stuff up and leave. Goodbye, human."
the alien says. Not... Actually seeming to be doing any packing.

Flying gal, Cheerful lass, Rocky guy, Icy guy, Fun guy, Goner kid

"Don't say that! I think it's good! Very....catchy."

"I don't think I'm very good at making songs either, to be honest. I just....play whatever feels right at the time, y'know?"

Thank you. :)
Later, as I cast the spell, the three trainers study the equipment with interest... Finding it surprisingly enough to touch as if it were real! At the same time however, it doesn't seem to hinder them in any way, as if the helmet weren't even there blocking their vision, nor did any of it actually seem to weigh anything... And even with all that, I was kind enough to make sure it'll help protect the trainers a bit, too. ;)

Naturally however, questions followed.

"What about psychics? Or things that can see through illusions.... or whatever that is."

Ha ha ha. Won't matter if it's real! :)
"But... If we do go along with what you're asking, you said they had some way of weakening god-pokemon at this research place, yeah? Won't that, y'know, cancel this out?"

Ha ha ha. Don't worry. :)

I won't let it.
"Huh...........neat. It's like we're in one of those sci-fi shows on the telly."

I remain very silent as she says this- As this topic would bring me back to my lack of... Inspiration. And how in fact I had clearly stolen the costume from one of said shows.

".....so, how do we, uhh..."cast" it, again? Oh, and what about turning it off after we're done? Can we do that, or do we have to wait for it to run out or something?"

"From what I understand, the spells are powered by unown, bound to a book, so I guess he would add them to the book and we just need to pronounce the word written to activate it." Drake suggests- Also discovering how to remove the spell by focusing on having it be removed!

Your friend is completely correct! :)

If you accept, I will add some unown to that spellbook of yours. :)

It'll also be daily rather than weekly- I can spare that. ;)

And you can remove it as your friend- Simply focus on removing it! :)
The girl then sends out her bat. Sadly, these are arguably far less "cool" than the suits I had managed to st... Prepare for the humans- Some simple static "shields" obscuring the pokemon, making it hard to notice anything definite about the pokemon. The little bat didn't notice this however, only looking at it's trainer with confusion.

It then turns back to the converstion- Cheerful girl doing her thing.

"Diance, pardon my intrusion, but you are relevant. Even if the legends about you have been exaggerated they're still tales that are important to the realm. The stories told to me by my mother, and then my father and grandmother. It's not a sense of justice that has pushed me here. It's wanting to protect the deities who made me feel safe during my childhood. I don't care if you don't have everything the legends claim, or if this world is better in "many aspects" You are still vital to this world beyond your jewelry store, you are with every child growing up hearing the tales. I might not be able to do much, but I'm working to protect you, and everyone else from being injured from the godslayers, so please don't give up hope, you are needed in a different way, but just as an important one. ok?"

"Huh? And who is this..?"

"Her name is Irene. She's a friend. She's here with a bunch of other trainers which helped me... Get here so we can have this conversation."

"...It's a long story."

"Oh!"

"In that case... Thank you, Irene."

"...Twice, actually."

"But it sounds like we should meet Luna."

"I'm... I'm just not sure if it's safe."

"Tell her about Charon. She can help with that, yeah?"

"Oh- Right. Diancie, I... Do actually need your help."

"What do you need help with..?"

"Charon. He's still down here. I want to cut him free."

"..."

"You're still in the temple, right?"

"I could get there in a couple hours."

"...Assuming I don't get lost."

"Do you have that time?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:03 am

"....Um....what about psychic though? They can read minds."

"we should free him now, before the league has any chance of poking through here. You guys can go ahead. Drake, here, if I don't get home tonight you need my keys."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:32 am

Ha ha ha. Don't worry. :)

I won't let it.
As the Spark assures the trainers as to how safe his gifted power is, Koa's can't help but grow more suspicious. Again, Koa decides to wait until the call with Diancie is finished to bring it up.

"I could get there in a couple hours."

"...Assuming I don't get lost."

"Do you want us to show you the way down? It might be safer if we do, we ran into a bunch of Durants coming back down here."
"...Oh! I'm Koa, me and Irene found this place a few days ago."

Then something clicks in Koa's head. If this Spark guy can disguise the trainers so easily, maybe other god-pokemon can disguise themselves? Which would explain the jewelry store thing.

"And uh, maybe you should change the way you look on the way here? That way none of us will recognize you later. Just to be safe, yeah?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 am

"Hmm... It's not really my problem, to be honest. It's a shame to see this place go- But I'll find... Other avenues to get what I need."

"It's the Bone lord's problem. He had this coming for a while if we're being honest- He's a bit of an egomaniac. But still he used that power the little trinket gave him to keep this place running. Now he likely won't have the power to do it."

"...On the other hand, considering what's after it, I think he might just as well be glad to get rid off it."

"Anyways... I'm going to pack my stuff up and leave. Goodbye, human."

Okay... thanks, I guess. By the way, is there a way to use that... trinket, even if Hoopa is gone? It's be handy to have that ace up my sleeve.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:22 pm

"So are we going to wait for Diance to arrive here? I wouldn't mind waiting here, even though it's getting really late. I can at least go dowsing for crystals while we wait.

"People with psychic powers leaves psychic residue when they use their abilities, so you can see when they attempt to read your mind if you learn how spot it. Speaking of.. Gwynn how did you see me in that room at the stadium?"

"We should free him now, before the league has any chance of poking through here. You guys can go ahead. Drake, here, if I don't get home tonight you need my keys."

"I don't think I need the key if we all are staying here, besides you shouldn't walk back alone through the wilds."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:36 pm

"...I'm not sure how that is going to prevent it? ...this tech stuff is way over my head. Can...other people see that psychic residue? Or our auras?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Bjorn is distracted by the suits, tapping on Koa's suit while he marvels to himself.

"See James, what harm is this?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:27 pm

"i'm sorry, I truley am, but I cannot trust that Thing. It could easily backfire, it just admitted it can influence godslayer's abilities. It could have easily prevented genocide, prevented Zack from getting infected, and I don't like it using the only piece of tech I was comfortable with as it's mouthpiece.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:26 am

"Demonic possession happened, Alexander, as I had suggested was a concern. Except you were the one carrying the monster around. We'll explain later, let's just go. I might be able to talk our way out of this, but I'd rather not have to, lest one of the locals decide to see if I can survive a second fall."
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Deciding that she doesn't much care what's going on, Kay flaps up and hangs from a nearby tree branch, licking her various injuries. While Izzy dismisses her disguise and checks the time on her 'dex.

"Oh, wow. That's pretty late."

"I'm okay with staying if you guys are. I've been wanting to take another look around the library anyway."

The_Eternal_Spark
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Eternal_Spark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Funny guy, blind guy

"Okay... thanks, I guess. By the way, is there a way to use that... trinket, even if Hoopa is gone? It's be handy to have that ace up my sleeve."

The alien shrugs.

"I wouldn't know. You'd just have to try it and see if you can figure it out, I guess."

"But from what I heard, the bone lord using it was what managed to lure this... Demon, here in the first place? So hey- Just don't do it anywhere near me."

"Demonic possession happened, Alexander, as I had suggested was a concern. Except you were the one carrying the monster around. We'll explain later, let's just go. I might be able to talk our way out of this, but I'd rather not have to, lest one of the locals decide to see if I can survive a second fall."

"..."

"What?"

"You got possessed by some kind of demon, who then broke free while you were knocked. We then had to kick his ass after which the whole fucking castle collapsed and I had to save your ass."

"..."

"You don't need to rub in the fact I got cocky..."

"Whatever Alexander. Alex is right- Let's just get out of here."

On this note, the trainers decide to get the hell out of dodge before any of the pokemon in the square get their shit together to the point of accusing the trainers of what happened... As they start making their way back through the tunnels they came through and... Make a "perception roll".

Flying gal, Cheerful lass, Rocky guy, Icy guy, Fun guy, Goner kid

"People with psychic powers leaves psychic residue when they use their abilities, so you can see when they attempt to read your mind if you learn how spot it."

"...I'm not sure how that is going to prevent it? ...this tech stuff is way over my head. Can...other people see that psychic residue? Or our auras?"

Psychics don't read minds, they read surface thoughts. :)

Just don't think "I'm James Zora I live in Isosceles city at the apartment on Bellevue 14" out loud and you'll be fine. :)

Ha ha ha, of course if they focus they could dig deeper, but they'd have to capture you for that anyways. :)

I believe aura should be fine. :)

Not many pokemon or people who can see that. :)

And even for those who do, it should be generic enough to not pose any risk. :)

I'm adjusting the spell.
"Speaking of.. Gwynn how did you see me in that room at the stadium?"

"Oh! I had one of my unown friends as a sort of sentry against one of the walls... It alerted me to you being there once you got in. I had put it there in fear ghosts would enter, so you being there was not quite what was expected..."

"See James, what harm is this?"

"i'm sorry, I truley am, but I cannot trust that Thing. It could easily backfire, it just admitted it can influence godslayer's abilities. It could have easily prevented genocide, prevented Zack from getting infected, and I don't like it using the only piece of tech I was comfortable with as it's mouthpiece."

To be completely honest, while this message left me... Unfazed, and I briefly wondered if I should just keep playing nice... I had at this time reacted rather rashly. To make a point, of course.

Assume I could have.

What then?

I stopped their guns. Now they're fighting with pokemon and swords again.

Would you have me stop that as well? Somehow intervene?

And what then? 

What would you have me do once they start fighting with spears and stones?

What if a man pulls a knife on someone with a gun? Should I stop him from firing the gun? Because clearly, it's technology that's the problem.

What if someone tries to steal from someone? No weapons to stop him, right? Or should I just stop the thief in the first place?

Would you have me be the grand judge of what's right and what's wrong?

As if that would be so much better.

And what would you then have me do while I'm at it?

Cure cancer? Maybe end world hunger? Make it so carnivores don't have to eat meat to survive?

You would sacrifice all your freedom for safety?

In that case, why are you so opposed to the league senate?

Because that's what they're trying to do, you know.

Take away all your liberty, in trade for safety and comfort.

It's very easy to think these things but not consider what it actually means.

And it's thought processes like that why the gods have not returned.

Here is one very important kicker you should all remember in this.

I am not a cause.

I am a result.
Following this, the trainers try to decide on what to do... Agreeing it is getting pretty late, and it would already be getting dark by the time they'd be leaving- And the only thing that'd light their way if they left after this Diancie would arrive would be the moon. And one does not exactly speak about the safety of going into the wild at night, when the predators come out...

Regardless, most of them seem willing to stay, given as it is quite an unique experience... And the temple and Luna only give further incentive.

"Well... Regardless, I'd stick around to wait for you."
Temple Heart wrote:if necessary
you could simply spend the night here

my servants have cleaned the sleeping chambers

it should serve it has purpose

and there are some minor things we would like to discuss still as well
Off course, Koa could not help but leave some helpful comments

"Do you want us to show you the way down? It might be safer if we do, we ran into a bunch of Durants coming back down here."
"...Oh! I'm Koa, me and Irene found this place a few days ago."

"Hello Koa! Nice to meet you."

"And, I should be fine, the pokemon shouldn't bother me. It's just been a very long time since I've been down there... I'm quite sure I remember where it was, however."

"And uh, maybe you should change the way you look on the way here? That way none of us will recognize you later. Just to be safe, yeah?"

"..."

"That's... A good idea."

"Alright then. See you all later."

And on that note the call is hung up- And as the fairy god is on their way, I await the trainer's answer to my offer...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Once the call is finished, Koa takes a long moment to consider what he's about to ask the Spark.

"So... in the past, you said you helped people with whatever they were making? I'm guessing you didn't show any preference to whatever sides there were - you probably just gave little boosts to whoever was close to a breakthrough? Just say if I'm wrong, yeah?"

"Now the thing that I'm wondering is... well, these Godslayer guys have some pretty high-tech stuff. Robot suits, clones, some kinda machine that could control that Regifae thing, this drill machine they're trying to crack the fairy-box open with, the machine under that machine that can cancel out god-pokemon powers - and just now you said you won't let that machine affect you, like you've got a say in the matter."

By now it was obvious where Koa was going with this, so he felt the need to proceed very cautiously.
"Did you... help these guys out at all, to get where they are now?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:39 pm

"if you can extract that info then maybe they can.

you cannot give everybody guns, control if they work or not and then claim you are faultless. Still could have saved him. ....It should have been me instead."

"the senators are ruining enviroments, killing people, working with godslayers."
James crosses his arms at this point, listening to Koa's answer.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:48 pm

My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:02 pm

"I'm sorry, but as helpful as you've been. I must personally decline, though I'm not sure if that applies to the others as well. Though if you may humor me on one last question... Pokedex are designed to gather information on pokemon, so it is useless to point it at a human, unless said human is a disguised pokemon. Does that mean you believe that Promtheus is a pokemon?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 am

"Erm....honestly, I don't see why you guys are so against all this."

"I mean, we are going to go stop these Godslayer guys, right? Nobody's against that? So why not just....just take the help, when it's offered. I don't know about you, but I'd quite like having a disguise if we're going to be fighting the League or something. And for...other reasons. And it's not like we have to do anything really dangerous in exchange, either. Just....point our 'dex's at this Prometheus guy! Heck, it probably won't even do anything!"