PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:04 pm

"'The Builder's Greatest Works', huh....."

Happy with her haul, Izzy puts the books away in her bag and exits the library, thanking the temple for its help as she goes. Floating down the corridor, she happens to notice a couple of passing Sigilyph, and a niggling thought pops up in the back of her head. Wasn't there something else she was supposed to do? Something about a.....a key.....?

....of course! The locker!

Spinning around on the spot, she flies after the Sigilyph, quickly catching up to the ornate birds.

"Hi! Er...hi. Sorry to bother you, but, well, I asked a couple of you guys if you could keep an eye out for a locker key earlier. Did you happen to find it, oooor.....?"

If the key was found, and the Sigilyph give it to her

"Thanks! You guys are the best!"

Not wasting any time, Izzy turns around and zips into the sleeping quarters, landing in front of the closed locker. Before she puts the key in, though, another thought strikes her. Zeke wasn't able to force the lock, but he definitely sensed something in there. And if he could do that with just sound, then maybe.....maybe she could do something similar....?

Sitting down on one of the beds, Izzy examines her hand closely, brow furrowed. With a flick of her wrist, she wills a small breeze into existence, having it spin around her hand like a soft glove. Her control had gotten a lot better over the last few days, there was no doubt about it. A couple of weeks ago, she'd barely been able to get off the ground - now, she was zooming around faster as a bat, making blades of air sharp as knives with nothing but her mind.

And then, there was the battle with Isaac. She hadn't really thought about it much at the time, but looking back it was....strange. She'd just sort of known where everyone was without looking at them, even the ones behind her. Like a kind of....a sixth sense sorta thing. As if the wind itself was telling her where they all stood. It had been pretty vague, at the time.

But, if she could focus it....

Closing her eyes she relaxes, taking deep, slow breaths. A slight breeze picks up, blowing through the room. Squeezing its way through every nook and cranny, every gap and space there is. Similar to the tailwind she used in battle, but...noticeably different. Lighter. Softer.

And, with a broad grin, Izzy realizes.

She can see everything.

- One With the Winds [Bind 2AP]

It was...weird. Like, like looking at a black and white photo - only instead of being flat, it was 3D. And she wasn't really 'seeing' it, either. All her eyes could actually 'see' were the backs of her eyelids, pitch black darkness with only the faintest hint of light seeping through. But even with her eyes shut tight, she still knew exactly how the rough stone walls felt. That the bed she was sitting on was missing a wooden slat, and the one next to her had one leg slightly shorter than the other. It was like the wind was a part of her, reaching out and touching everything nearby.

Even walls didn't seem to block it. At least, not much. She could still feel the Sigilyph passing by outside, the crack under the closed door providing plenty of space for her wind to pass through. She could also see that the Sigilyph from earlier had done a very good job cleaning out that bathroom, all things considered.

After spending about quite a few minutes exploring the room with her windy hands, Izzy abruptly remembers what she was there to do. Focusing, she wills the wind through the gaps in the locker, whispering through the keyhole and around the contents inside. Then, when she's happy she has a clear image of the contents, Izzy opens her eyes, pulls out the key and sees exactly how accurate her new senses were.

If the Sigilyph didn't find the key

"Oh...that's okay! Thanks anyway, I'm sure I'll figure something out."

Her spirits slightly damped, Izzy gives nonetheless finds herself wandering absentmindedly into the sleeping quarters. [She then proceeds to do everything mentioned previously - i.e. using One With the Winds to look inside the locker. Only she doesn't open it this time, because no key.]
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Bjorn rolls his eyes at James' overt display of affection. He picks up the bracer, turning it over in his fingers as he examines it, and after Gwynn's explanation he nods approvingly. Making his way back to Luna he asks,

"Hey ma'am, I found this and it looks quite useful. Reckon I'd be allowed to use it? Seems to be gathering dust here."
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm

James, Bjorn

"it's hatching!" James yells excitedly- Managing to catch the attention of everyone else in the room, Gwynn dropping her explanations of the tools to come and witness the miracle of life herself. James helping the little ralts out of it's egg, as the little creature happily allows itself to be snuggled, still getting used to being out in this brand new world.

"Oh, it's adorable!"

"You are so precious!"
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn meanwhile, couldn't care less about the event- Grabbing the interesting looking Bracer, before going to look at Luna- Who had, after making sure everyone had what they needed, went over to the organ to initiate this talk... And now she seemed to be sleeping. He wasn't sure if he understood any of it to be honest, and she had been laying asleep for a while now... Although it seemed he was in luck- As she finally seems to awake as he approaches, the girl letting out an tired sigh for a moment, seemingly not noticing Bjorn... Until he speaks up.

"Hey ma'am, I found this and it looks quite useful. Reckon I'd be allowed to use it? Seems to be gathering dust here."

"Oh!" Luna almost yelps, seemingly surprised by Bjorn's pretense- A short pause following to register what he was saying before the answer comes through...

"Oh... Right. Well... Like I said, if you think it'll be useful... It would be better than just having it gather dust."

James meanwhile rushes off to find Koa- Hoping that he can make some baby food...

Koa, Drake

"Hey, yeah, I'm Koa! And you must be our guest of honor?"

"Ah, hello again Koa! So... What are you doing swimming in these cold waters..?"

"The rest of us are down in the temple. I was just seeing what those Godslayer guys left behind - you know about them, yeah, the guys who did that? They didn't do much to clean up after themselves."

"Ah... Yeah. It would be hard not to, with what happened..."

"But hey, let's go meet everyone. Luna's with us, too!"

"Yes! Let's!"

Swimming back to shore, Diancie floating slowly behind him, Koa wrings out his shirt to his best attempts, Diancie seeming to turn away her gaze for a bit, mostly out of politeness- Landing her feet back on solid ground, noticing Drake as he's busy forging the shards in something useful... As he lays that down for now to go and meet the god.

"Hi, I'm Drake yet another trainer."

"Ha! Hello Drake... You're actually only the third one I've met, aren't you? How many of you are there then?"

"We'll have to fill you in on everything we talked about with that Spark guy. Like, I dunno if you saw it, but those Godslayers are trying to break into the Fairy-box they stole from this place. He said that it was a trap to draw god-pokemon in, 'cause normally you can't see anything that they're doing, not even the Spark guy can. But they made sure you guys could see that, 'cause they're doing it on purpose."

Diancie seems to frown upon the explanation, seeming to avert her gaze for a moment.

"No... I hadn't."

She remains awfully quiet about the subject following that. As Koa can't help but remark... Something else. And comment on it.

"Err... are you...?"

Diancie gives a brief look, before a coy smile, seemingly recognizing the same thing from Koa.

"Ah... You have an affinity with rock, don't you?"

"Well, long ago, they used to call me the crystal queen..."
she says- Proudly displaying some of the gems she carries.

"That's mostly a fairy thing, and it's what I had closest relations with..."

"But it's also a bit of a rock thing, isn't it?"
she speaks up- As they enter the main hall, where most others are...

Izzy

Izzy meanwhile collects the books found, before suddenly remembering something- Quickly rushing over to one of the sigilyph.

"Hi! Er...hi. Sorry to bother you, but, well, I asked a couple of you guys if you could keep an eye out for a locker key earlier. Did you happen to find it, oooor.....?"

The Sigilyph nods his head excitedly- Calling out to one of it's mates at it floats over- Pulling the key in question off one of it's "feathers"- As it floats over to Izzy's hand.

"Thanks! You guys are the best!"

Following this, Izzy is quick to go and check out, only barely able to restrain herself from just opening the locker and find out what is within as a thought occurs to her... Recalling how her power has grown, certain events... How she might even be able to harness that... As she becomes one with the wind.

Soon, like sort of a sixth sense, the mere air around her is enough to get an innate sense of her surroundings. And after curiously using it on her surroundings, she focuses it- Forcing a gust of wind through the locker's keyhole, even just the slits, to get a sense of what's in it... She feels... What seems to be a parchment of some form attached to it's back- Multiple layers perhaps, even. Laying down in the locker seems to be small, long but round object- Ending with a knot at it's end. Besides that, she feels what seems to be layers upon layers of fabric- Which she can only guess to be clothes.

Her suspicions were confirmed to be very much correct- As opening the locker, she is first met with a handwritten note on it's other side... Which she can vaguely translate to "Stop stealing my shit"- Attached beneath it a tag of some kind, likely the source of why the locker was untouchable for Ghos... But the real point of interest was the item she had felt- A wand laying at the bottom of the locker...

Illusionist's wand: Arcane heavy wand. Wielder gains the illusionist capability.

Phoenix, Alex
"I'm pretty sure if I jumped down I would crack my head open. Don't go off on your own, though, this place is still pretty dangerous."
"Eh, we got the onix elevator trademarked now!" Dave said, jumping on the onix's head to prepare for a lift down.
"Besides, not our first rodeo! But yeah, maybe you're not in the best condition to go out- Ya can send a pokemon with me if you're worried though."
"I'll go down with you. They look cool!"
"Hah, make that us!"

On that note, the trainers quickly use Grannonia to descend- Soon catching up to the pokemon as they turn to fight...

Phoenix(13)
Cris(13)
2 larvitar(10)
Splash(wartortle)(10)
2 larvitar(9)
Dave(8)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Alex sighs and gestures to the two, "Go help them, Roy. I'll be safe with the others here." With a nod, Roy runs after the two trainers. If he gets into melee range he hits one of the Larvitar with a Force Palm, otherwise he'll Focus Energy instead.

Force Palm: AC=12, Damage=41
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:04 pm

"No... I hadn't."

"Ah, I, uh... guess I don't really know all that much about what you guys can do. That Spark guy seemed like the 'all-knowing' type, so I just thought-," Koa shakes his head. "Well, the Temple can show you everything later."

"Ah... You have an affinity with rock, don't you?"

"Hehe, yeah my mom and grandparents were from Hamachi!" Koa explains as Diancie also explains her connection with crystal, and therefore Rock.
"Hm! I guess that makes sense. I was just thinking... well, we really don't know much about you guys, and with this being a Fairy temple, I just thought that you'd only be a Fairy goddess. Like there'd be one of you guys for every Type, yeah?" Koa rubs the back of his neck and gives a bashful smile. "Kind-of a silly thing to assume, I guess." And the thought occurs to Koa that maybe the Hamachi god-pokemon is a Fire-Rock type? It would make sense, but maybe Koa shouldn't assume that, either?

As Koa, Diancie, and Drake enter the main hall, Koa calls out.
"Hey Luna! Guess who's here?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Irene puts her book down, and heads to the hall when she hears Koa calls. "Oh, hello how are you doing? " Irene waits for Diancie and Luna to catch up before interrupting. So Diancie, could we see the temple image agian, and maybe get some advice? I know I want to protect you guys, but that's a large task with little direction, I was planning on traveling to Hantu, and I believe other trainers are planning on travelling even farther?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:22 pm

James pays more attention to the newborn than the surroundings around him and only sees Koa from the corner of his eye. "Ah there you are, I was wondering if you would mind whipping up a baby food dish for this little guy. Speaking of which, you need a name, little one. What about Oliver?" He gives the newborn more snuggles and then looks up at Koa to see what he is doing and finally sees the godess.

"I beg your pardon, I did not notice you were here already. I presume you are Diance? My name is James Zora. After you are done, I wish to ask something."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:43 am

Bjorn slips on the bracer and nods his thanks to Luna.

He hears Koa call out, and making his way to the main hall he finds Diancie and a forming entourage. With a brief bow to Diancie he exclaims, "Hello, my name is Bjorn. It is quite an honour!"
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:21 am

Cris! Force Palm one of the Slower Larvitars!

Ac=14
Power=38

► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:26 pm

"Ooh, neat!"

After scribbling a quick 'Sorry!' on the note - just in case the owner somehow was somehow still alive or something crazy like that - Izzy locks the cabinet back up, pocketing the wand and key. Floating her way back out into the corridor, she absentmindedly drifts towards the entrance hall, skimming through the book on the different temples and churches as she goes. She almost doesn't notice Koa and Drake entering with Diancie, engrossed as she is in the words on the pages.

"Hey Luna! How was Okeer- oh! Er, hi...."

Guessing that Luna and the Fairy god probably have a lot to catch up on, Izzy hovers over to the side with her legs crossed beneath her, head buried in the book as she searches for a mention of this "Great Spire" place.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:52 am

"Ha! Hello Drake... You're actually only the third one I've met, aren't you? How many of you are there then?"

"Umm I think we are six trainers currently down here."

He considers if he should elaborate on who they were, but just thinking of trying to explain James condition to Diance is enough to deter him from trying and just leave it there.

When they get in the main hall, Drake walks over to Izzy as he notice the book and it gives him a good reason to give Luna and Diance room to speak to each other. He wasn't sure what to do regarding them anyways. When he get's next to Izzy he whispers to her.

"Hey, did you find any interesting books? When I looked through them I ran into the problem of hardly being able to understand them though."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 am

"Hey, did you find any interesting books? When I looked through them I ran into the problem of hardly being able to understand them though."

"Huh? Oh, er, yeah a couple. This one is talking about all the different temples. I think? You're right, it's...not easy to read. I mean, I get the gist of it, but...."

Reaching into her bag, Izzy pulls out the other book she found and holds it out to Drake.

"Don't really get this one at all though. Something to do with magic weapons? It's pretty....complicated. Kinda like a magic textbook or something. Here, maybe you can figure it out."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 pm

"Don't really get this one at all though. Something to do with magic weapons? It's pretty....complicated. Kinda like a magic textbook or something. Here, maybe you can figure it out."

Drake takes the book quickly going through the pages just trying to get a gist of it and see if he might get it.

"hmm, I might be able to figure out what it says with a bit of time. I'm not sure how useful it would be without a magic weapon of some sort though."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm

"Hmm, I might be able to figure out what it says with a bit of time. I'm not sure how useful it would be without a magic weapon of some sort though."

"Oh, I can help with that! You remember that locked cabinet we found? The one Ghos couldn't phase through? Well the Sigilyph found a key and they gave it to me and I opened it and I found this cool wand!"

Pulling out the heavy wand, Izzy waves it about dramatically in front of her, pretending to cast a spell or something. Predictably, nothing happens.

"....actually, isn't that an Armory or something over there? Maybe it has more of these things? We should ask the others if they found anything."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Alex, Phoenix

The battle starts off, with an almost unfair advantage towards the trainer- Cris and Roy both charging forward, delivering nasty punches to two of the larvitar, almost one shotting them!

"Haha, hey, we're trying to capture them, not just lay out a smackdown!"

The larvitar were about to get their revenge however- One of the larvitar screeching loudly as for a brief moment the whole cavern seems to tremble, sand kicked loose from the cracks and ground as it sets in motion- Whipping up a sandstorm! As it's comrade meanwhile somehow manages to rip a massive rock out of the ground, tilting the comically sized behemoth over it's head... Before slinging it at the party, managing to catch both Phoenix and Dave in the blast for 36 damage! Flinching the latter... And doing substantially more to the former as together with his previous injuries this is enough to knock him out!

"Shiiiiit..."

To make matters worse, the sudden sandstorm only seems to boost the two slower larvitar- As one launches a rock of a same caliber at Splash, also managing to pull of the flinch! As the final one screeches in pain of the attack- Lowering the defense of some nearby allies...

Sandstorm(5)

Phoenix(13) -6/48
Cris(13) -2 DEF
2 larvitar(12/9) #1 badly injured
Roy(11) -2 DEF
2 larvitar(10) #1 badly injured
Splash(wartortle)(10) heavily injured
Dave(8) heavily injured

Koa, James, Bjorn, Izzy, Drake, Irene

"Ah, I, uh... guess I don't really know all that much about what you guys can do. That Spark guy seemed like the 'all-knowing' type, so I just thought... Well, the Temple can show you everything later."
"The Spark? Yeah, you shouldn't compare his kind to mine. We're very... Different."

"But... Well, it's not that I couldn't... Not that I have the ability to see for myself, but... If I really wanted to, I know of venues that I could gather such information. It's just... That I haven't really felt the desire to get involved."

"Hehe, yeah my mom and grandparents were from Hamachi!"

"Ah! Yes, I've... Heard of that."

"Hm! I guess that makes sense. I was just thinking... well, we really don't know much about you guys, and with this being a Fairy temple, I just thought that you'd only be a Fairy goddess. Like there'd be one of you guys for every Type, yeah?"

"Haha!" Diancie says, giving a brief chuckle.

"Yeah. Things aren't quite that simple... Bunch more of us than there are actual temples. And arguably we even got one or two temples that don't actually have an owner."

"Although to give you some credit... I'm not sure I'd consider this my temple. There is also Xerneas. And he is... "Just" fairy, as you put it."

"Hmm... Compared to him I'm actually a pretty... 'Minor' god. I joined Meloetta and the others in being the tutors- Teaching people various skills. While he and others... They did... Management."
she speaks up, offering a brief smile as the trainers entered the entrance hall- Koa loudly and proudly announcing their presence. James first to arrive, cradling a small package in his arms- Soon revealing the "package" to be a baby ralts, as he absentmindedly asks Koa if he could prepare some baby food for it! Also naming it- As the ralts seems to approve- If sticking it's little arms forward wiggling is a sign of approval, at least.

"I beg your pardon, I did not notice you were here already. I presume you are Diance? My name is James Zora. After you are done, I wish to ask something."

"Oooooh, is that a baby?! It's adorable!" Diancie seems- Briefly apparently not even noticing James as with stars in her eyes she goes to give the baby some affection. Before giving James a bashful smile.

"Haha, sorry. It's nice to meet you James. And certainly- If you'd rather it wait until we're done here..."

"Hello, my name is Bjorn. It is quite an honour!"

"Hello Bjorn!" Diancie says, giving a big smile, although blushing a bit at all the flattery. "But please, no need to address me like that..."

Izzy meanwhile returns from her haul- Stumbling over her words when she notices the new presence, only getting out a small "hi"- As the goddess offers a smile and wave back... Falling silent as she is joined by Drake- The two silently discussing various things together...

It's at this point that Luna and Diancie finally meet again. There is, however, a surprising lack of words between the two. Seeming to mostly simply stare each other down, uncertain about what to do or say... As eventually they simultaneously seem to settle on a simple hug.

"I guess you have lots of things to ask me... Don't worry Luna- I'll make sure you're fine."

"Yeah... Thanks. You probably got some too, but... Let's save that for a bit, okay? These kids have been waiting long enough. As has Charon for that matter."

"So let's do that first. And then we can spend the whole night talking if need be."

"Hah- I guess it makes sense you're not tired..."

Their spiel finished- For now at least, Irene approaches- Questions of her own.

"So Diancie, could we see the temple image agian, and maybe get some advice? I know I want to protect you guys, but that's a large task with little direction, I was planning on traveling to Hantu, and I believe other trainers are planning on travelling even farther?"

"I... See the temple again? I'm not sure what you're asking?"

"As for others... I got the impression we might want to do something about their facility on... Hamachi. But... I guess there's no rush. At least there shouldn't be- This sounds risky enough as is... You'll be able to use all help and training you can get." Luna says- Not seeming too certain about where this Hamachi is, though a glint of recognition comes from Diancie.

"Well... If you need magical expertise... If we can't provide it, they will. People practice the old arts there still. It might not be the most direct route to Hamachi but... It should give you some time."

"As for protecting us... That... Sounds awfully noble dear, but a hefty task to shoulder one self with. And... I'll have to take a look at what's been happening now I'm here anyways, but... I wasn't intent on involving myself."
She says- Stare downwards as if slightly ashamed, although her voice betrays it's something she has given deep thought.

"I've just been... Living as I've always been, you know? There's the doubt in the back of my head that maybe they'll try to come for me, but... So far, nothing has happened. And I've had Moltres check in with me- She and her sisters were making sure we were all fine. Got to learn that besides some incidents... All of us are unharmed."

"You know... I think they don't actually have a way to find us. As long as I keep up this disguise, at least. So part of me thinks that... Maybe they WANT us to get involved. Because soon as we're out in the open, they'll get their shots..."

"...Sorry, I'm... Not sure if that was helpful at all... Should we maybe just go and help Charon?"

Izzy

Izzy, lets the conversation fade off slightly to the background as she can't resist opening the book again to take a closer look at this "Grand spire"... Opening the book to it's index... Perhaps noting an oddity or two, but ignoring it for now as she finds the "Grand spire"- Skipping pages to it.
Index wrote: 0: Introduction
1: ERASE
2: DESTROY THE TRUTH
3: Grand Castle
4: The Crucible
5: The sunken shrine
6: The grand tree
7: The thunder spires
8: The cold castle
9: The great pyramid
10: The great spire
11: Plague's hall
12: The grand dojo
13: Cerebrum tower
14: The pit
15: The mountain halls
16: The queen's hive
17: The church of the damned
18: The grand forge
19: Dragon's pride
20: The fountain of life
21: Final words
Likely she stopped paying attention however upon noticing number 10- Skipping until she hits what seems to be the right page... Met with a crude sketch of what appears to be the spire. Standing already tall upon a mountain, the tower reaches as high, if not higher than the tallest skyscraper she had seen- And Isosceles had a few impressive ones for that matter. Starting wide at it's base, going straight up- Eventually cutting off in "smaller" tier, as this then too would continue upwards, going up several iterations before the tower ends in a gradual slope.

But browsing the text to it's side, she's left feeling... Disappointed. The text is hard to digest, and seems to mostly talk about "symbolism" rather than any concrete details... She does believe to spot a location name- But it's not one she recognizes, indicating the place might be lost to time... If it would even be in that place- If the fact this temple was buried underground could be any indication... And additionally, she does spot some names of what she derives to be... Guardians of the place? Rayquaza and ho-oh...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Roy hurries to put an end to the fight the two trainers had charged into, striking at his target again with a Force Palm. Alex, meanwhile, notes the sandstorm and calls out Gwen, preparing to send her into battle.

AC=7, Damage=43
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Cris, seeing Phoenix hurt, hits the last unhurt Larvitar.

Accuracy=11
Power=34
Last edited by SamWiser on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:59 pm

"Yea, he just hatched a minute ago. He's so precious." James gives the baby ralts some more love snuggles. He lets Diance give the ralts some attention as well.

"Well I don't want to get in the way of freeing Charon. He's been there long enough."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:36 pm

"Ah there you are, I was wondering if you would mind whipping up a baby food dish for this little guy."
"Hm? Aw, hey, look at you!" Koa greets the little baby Ralts. "Yeah, sure let me make him something!"

Assuming James has the $50 to give for ingredients, Koa will make a nutritious, easy to swallow helping of Baby Food for little Oliver.

"You know... I think they don't actually have a way to find us. As long as I keep up this disguise, at least. So part of me thinks that... Maybe they WANT us to get involved. Because soon as we're out in the open, they'll get their shots..."
"Well, that works out just fine, if that's the case. I dunno if it is, but we can hope, yeah? We were gonna look into their place on Hamachi ourselves, I think," Koa glances at the other Trainers for confirmation. "I mean, they're hoping for one of you god-pokemon to show up there, so it's probably best you don't."

"...Sorry, I'm... Not sure if that was helpful at all... Should we maybe just go and help Charon?"
"Yeah, let's go! Heh, I kinda wanna see the look on their faces when you show up to let them out so soon. Luna only got outta there a few hours ago!"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:46 am

"I... See the temple again? I'm not sure what you're asking?"
"oh, the temple showed us images of what was happening."

"As for others... I got the impression we might want to do something about their facility on... Hamachi. But... I guess there's no rush. At least there shouldn't be- This sounds risky enough as is... You'll be able to use all help and training you can get." Luna says- Not seeming too certain about where this Hamachi is, though a glint of recognition comes from Diancie.

"Well... If you need magical expertise... If we can't provide it, they will. People practice the old arts there still. It might not be the most direct route to Hamachi but... It should give you some time."

"As for protecting us... That... Sounds awfully noble dear, but a hefty task to shoulder one self with. And... I'll have to take a look at what's been happening now I'm here anyways, but... I wasn't intent on involving myself."
"That's probably for the best. They want to kill you, so exposing yourself would just make it easier for them to find you."
"I've just been... Living as I've always been, you know? There's the doubt in the back of my head that maybe they'll try to come for me, but... So far, nothing has happened. And I've had Moltres check in with me- She and her sisters were making sure we were all fine. Got to learn that besides some incidents... All of us are unharmed."
"Oh, who'se been harmed then?"

"I'm thinking I might split off around Hantu actually, but that's on route I believe, but let's discuss this after freeing Charon."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 am

Despite the lack of information in the book, Izzy doesn't let it phase her. It still had some useful stuff - for example, now she knew it was on top of a mountain! Or at least, it used to be....

Making a note of the name of the unrecognized location, as well as the two...Guardians? Gods? She then checks the index again, and skips ahead to the chapter on the Church of the Damned. That's what Okeer's place was called, right?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:07 am

Alex, Phoenix

After seeing how the battle was turning quite sour, with Splash knocking out one of the larvitar and Dave faling to capture the second, the battle continues- The sandstorm chaving away at both Phoenix and his pokemon... Cris going after one of the yet uninjured pokemon, likely hoping to weaken it enough so the other trainer could perform a capture- As in response one of the faster angry larvitars focuses himself on Cris- Although luckily for once missing it's attack, as the large rock slide flies overhead... And Roy brutally knocks out one of the other larvitars.

The final larvitars aren't too happy with that- One of them trying to bite down on Roy, dealing 32(10) damage.

Splash finally targets the other uninjured Larvitar, injuring it pretty badly, as Dave throws a pokeball at the badly injured one... Capturing it!

Sandstorm(4)

Phoenix(13) -12/48
Cris(13) 55/62 -2 DEF
2 larvitar(12/9) #1 KO #2 heavily injured
Roy(11) -2 DEF
2 larvitar(10) #1 KO #2 captured
Splash(wartortle)(5/10) heavily injured
Dave(3/8) badly injured
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:00 am

Cris will now act in the protection of others, and try to move in front of any attacks thrown at Phoenix, Splash, or Dave.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Drake snickers at Izzy's attempt to cast a spell with the wand

"....actually, isn't that an Armory or something over there? Maybe it has more of these things? We should ask the others if they found anything."

"There's an armory? Didn't expect to find that in a temple.. but yeah, I guess the rest have already searched the rest of this place."

Drake will follow along the others to Charon, partly splitting his attention to what's happening and the book he got from Izzy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Koa, James, Bjorn, Irene

"Yea, he just hatched a minute ago. He's so precious."

"He is! Hey little fella- Can you talk yet?" Diancie says, managing to get a little "Ra" out of the ralts, earning a laugh from Diancie.

"That's one way to do it... But how about this dear?" Diancie speaks- Her voice almost indistinguishably shifting from a clear sound to a voice that's emanating somewhere in the back of their heads. The baby ralts seeming to focus for a moment before a vague sense of... Something touches the back of the trainer's mind.

"Ha ha, no worries dear- No need to get it perfect right away." Diancie says, smiling.

"Always loved taking care of other pokemon..." She says, bright smile briefly replaced by a frown. "Of course, doing that now would require me to get put on the League records... That's... Probably a bit more risk than I can take. Especially now."

Her smile quickly returns however as Koa gladly quickly cooks up some baby food- Conversation continuing...

"oh, the temple showed us images of what was happening."

"Oh! Yes, of course. I'll have the temple show me what happened... After dealing with Charon, I presume."

"Well, that works out just fine, if that's the case. I dunno if it is, but we can hope, yeah? We were gonna look into their place on Hamachi ourselves, I think. I mean, they're hoping for one of you god-pokemon to show up there, so it's probably best you don't."

"That's probably for the best. They want to kill you, so exposing yourself would just make it easier for them to find you."

"...Yeah. Right."

"Oh, who'se been harmed then?"

"None, I think. At least not permanently... Well... Except for the regi's, as was evident by this temple being broken into."

"I... Did get the sense they might have gotten more than this temple. Which wouldn't be a surprise, because... The whole deal with this temple was that it was supposed to be hidden. Disguised."

"Other temples have... Different defense mechanics."

"Yeah, let's go! Heh, I kinda wanna see the look on their faces when you show up to let them out so soon. Luna only got outta there a few hours ago!"

"Hah- I did say we'd fix it, wouldn't we?" Luna says- The entourage departing for the basement level, to meet Charon once more... They find the door closed once more- Although more inviting this time, a helping hand from the other side seeming to help push them open as soon as the trainers start... Once again encountering the void on the other side... Though this time more inviting than the last- As rather than serving a trap, it served as a medium for "Charon" to once again present himself. The shadow figure standing tall as the trainers enter once again.

"BACK ALREADY?"

"AND WHO IS..." Charon says- Pausing abruptly, followed by a short silence. Seeming to recognize the new person as soon as she too stepped through that gate.

"DIANCIE."

"...Hey Charon."

"IT IS... A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU."

"EVEN IF IT MAKES ME SEEM A FOOL FOR EVER DOUBTING LUNA."

"SO... ARE THERE ANY LAST WORDS YOU'D WISH TO SHARE WITH THE OTHERS BEFORE WE PROCEED?"

Izzy, Drake

Following along with the group, Izzy and Drake are mostly still distracted by the book, as Izzy skips ahead to the church part... Once again met by a crude sketch... Actually, two of them this time around..?

The first one seems rather basic- The standard image of a church. Large gate, curved roof with one large clock tower... Nothing you'd consider "special".

The second one however... Seemed to hold this church in it- But it was only a tiny piece of the puzzle. Spreading like wings around it, massive structures expanded on it, ending with two great clock towers staring each other down across a large court-yard- A gate standing at it's end.

The text description is a bit more complex, though...

Roll either common or occult edu.