I should poke around the alternate website library again

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:00 am

Alternate website library?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:16 am

I think she means THE VOID?

No changes have happened since last time though. I think you've guys found everything there is so far...

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:07 pm

How did Kay get Burned, Mort? As far as I can tell she should only be Paralyzed and Asleep.

Also, Paralysis was changed to half Initiative in the Feb 2016 playtest, not -4 Speed stages. Which drops Kay to (17/22) initiative, but I think also means it doesn't reduce Evasion passively anymore? No idea if that would change the chances of the Sleep Powder hitting, but figure it's worth pointing out.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Kay was still burned from last fight (unless I somehow completely missed that being cured).

And I definitely remember that AC roll being in "high enough I don't need to check the evasion" range. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:18 am

...oh right, I completely missed/forgot that she'd been Burned. Whoops!

Also, not a huge deal, but Kay had the +5DR from Izzy's song when the Minun nuzzled her. So she should've taken 1 less damage (because minimum 1). Yay :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 pm

...How does intercepting work if the trainer is on the pokemon in question? Asking for a friend. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:42 pm

As in riding? I feel like the interceptor takes the damage instead, but doesn't push the original recipient.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:07 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 pm ...How does intercepting work if the trainer is on the pokemon in question? Asking for a friend. :P
I couldn't see anything disallowing it in the rules...
Mount Rules (pg 218) wrote:- It is very easy for you and your Pokémon to Intercept attacks for each other while you are Mounted due to the lack of distance.
Intercept Rules (pg 242) wrote:- If the target that was Intercepted was hit by an Area of Effect Move, and the 1 meter push does not remove them from the Area of Effect, the Intercept has no effect since they are still in the area of the attack – it would cause the Interceptor to be hit by the Move however.

- Intercepts may not be used to move the Intercepting Pokémon or Trainer OUT of the way of an attack. They will always be hit, regardless.
So as long as Kay isn't moving herself out of the AOE, it should work fine? I guess you can say that she pushes Izzy off her back to keep her out of the Burst range?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:23 am

Yeah, that works. Kay just bucks off Izzy to make sure she doesn't get hit. I'm sure it's fine, she can fly. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Update currently paused on Haley, unless she wants to do what was posted last round?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Um yea Haley will try to destroy the circle of omen.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:23 pm

We've seen damage done to the circle already, from Magnus' earthshaper effects, and it doesn't seem like it did anything.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Magnus is next to act... As he casually walks through the wall he had just created. Now, as he steps, the tiles around him are beginning to shift, displacing, making it harder for the enemies to casually walk around. Strangely enough, for Koa, and his pokemon too, as they step these tiles shift back into place, bringing no hindrance to them. It does also show that while disconnecting parts of the circle, while seeming to lower the ominous feeling, doesn't dissipate it completely.
On the other side, Rawku charges up, and unleashes a bulldoze - Sadly missing, though disrupting the circle some more. Again, the effect seems to weaken for just a moment, but the ominous feeling persists.
It's having an effect, but it'll probably take a bit to bring it down.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:52 pm

Oh, I'd completely misread those then. So, does Haley have any way to actually do significant damage to the ground?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 am

I also feel the need to point out that Haley is going to take at least one AOO moving to the circle, if they've not been able to check the map.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Ah... hmm. Well that would be no good to her poor hp.

I am guessing she still cant command a mon?

If not then haley will go to help the other hostage

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Yes you can always command a pokemon, even when KO. They'd have to be out, of course. You've not instructed Willow for this turn yet either so that's an option...

Also, the other hostage would be a good several turns of sprinting away, they are all the way on the other side of the floor. And would still have an AOO. There's kind of a weepinbell blocking the small pathway into the open room

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 pm

My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Sooo, for completely innocent benign reasons. Has Irene ever been present when Zygarde was mentioned? We know things OoC, but I'm not sure if Irene has ever actually been present when things related to Zygarde have been mentioned.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:51 pm

I believe there have been a couple cryptic clues so far, though most info has been OOC. The name Zygarde at least has not been mentioned IC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:54 pm

I thought Zygarde was the Overseer, I've honestly completely forgotten what the overseer's real name is.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:55 pm

No, the Overseer is Necrozma. Zygarde is the Void entity, who is also the all-caps narrator

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:34 am

That's the- wait those two aren't the same guy? I thought the Overseer was the narrator one too. I have not at all kept track of all the intricacies of this lore.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:19 am