Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:41 am

Okay, another question - if Kay Roosts, loosing her Flying type until the start of her next turn, does she also lose her Sky speed? It doesn't specifically state that's what happens, but it kinda makes sense...?

EDIT: Actually, couldn't she just move then Roost to get around that problem?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:05 am

Yeah it makes sense to do it like that, though like you said, easily circumvented.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:17 am

Probably easy enough to circumvent that if the devs considered it they'd have decided it didn't matter... Wait, no, it would definitely matter if you're in the middle of the sky. Just use Roost and suddenly plummet to the ground.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:19 am

Is this how you glitch out of bounds for speedrun strats..?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:25 am

It takes a series of frame-perfect Roosts from a height with a two pixel degree of freedom, in a specific spot, and if you get it right there's a 50% chance you get launched through the ground, or you just splatter and die.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 am

That's what quick save/ load is for, luckiily.

You guys are remembering to save often, right..?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:14 pm

How do you think Alex has survived so long? :roll:
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Also just briefly want to say im (potentially) just joking with "you knocked out all the ghosts and made things worse, oops.". After all, it gives more negotiation powers, though perhaps at the cost of a harder battle... On the other hand if you guys end up figuring you have to knock some sense into him first... :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:24 pm

"A harder fight." Six or so people with guns aren't all that when we've got Roy and his nuclear fist.

Also we should probably avoid hitting people too hard, considering the ritual thing.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:43 am

Quick question, is Scraps, my Skrelp, out? I thought I released him, and he's on the map, but not on the initiative list. I just want to check.
That's Jeremy's skrelp actually- If you released your own I probably missed that..!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Full update is now up!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:18 am

Can I just wait until it's closer to my turn to act, rather than trying to guess how this battlefield is going to change?
Sure, actually. You're near the end of initiative anyways.

Doing more "staggered" updates is something I want to try more, where I update only to the part where the next person would need to act... That's harder when there's two simultaneous battles going on and I'm trying to switch between them to keep them synchronous though :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:14 pm

True, though at least if it's delayed you don't have to try and guess what I'd have done when none of my actions are valid anymore, opening the possibility of having to change things that happened.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:21 am

I'll take substitute actions btw :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:22 am

Haley is just using her adrenaline rush to try to get to help the hostages.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 am

I'd suggest Grunt and Bjorn use Mud Bomb and Ice Punch on the Nidorino, respectively, moving further NE if possible.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Sorry for the huge delay on my end btw, had a couple surprise things happen over the past couple weeks... Hopefully soon!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:46 am

Oh, burns, I totally forgot to mention but Willow would be able to act starting this turn. What would you like to have her do?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:46 pm

what happens if you try possessing something that is already possessedand remove the thing currently possessing the person?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:26 pm

First step: Remember possession sucks.
A ghost or collection of up to three ghost types may attempt to possess a human target as a full action. The target needs to roll a focus save with DC equal to 1/10th of the (collection of) ghost's level. Upon failure, the target is possessed. A possessed target can not take actions of it's own. The user of possession controls the target and may only execute a single shift or a single standard action each turn. Any attack on the target of possession, combat maneuver, or disturbment in the form of a swift action breaks the possession. A ghost, when forcefully removed, loses 1/10th of it's max HP. A ghost may only successfully possess a target once a day. A target of possession when willingly, may remove 1 dice from his focus save. A ghost may freely leave it's host at-will.
You currently have... A single level 23 ghost, so to successfully possess someone they would have to roll a focus check of 1. Instead if you think someone's possessed, just shake them a bit with a swift action.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Er I think it would be harder for what I am plan on doing.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:42 pm

You mean, try and possess someone that is already possessed, and kick out the ghost that's already there..? I'd probably rule you'd have to beat the default human check, then do a standard check versus the ghosts already occupying. Keep in mind that the mechanic is intentionally bad. (Mostly to signify it has always been done in situations where the victims had little chance to resist)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:56 pm

finally did the update, until Alex' part. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Mostly just to kick a ghost out of a body, and what sort of check would it be?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Opposed focus checks.But like Dlover said, if you just want to kick out a ghost, just an attack or even a swift action would work - Usually, at least.