Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Dlover wrote:Uh, since it looks like Roy didn't get to act, with the Scolipede suddenly collapsing and all, can he smacko the Ratticate instead?

Moving up a space (Diagonally to get around the scolipede), Roy pulls up a piece of concrete to launch at the gunmen, aiming to catch Grunts 3 and 4 in the blast.

(I can never remember how AOE works. >.> Was it one AC and then a damage for each target, or one damage and an AC for each target? For the moment I've just got one of each.)
- Roy missed, or he would've anyway

- Doing that keeps Roy in melee with the Raticate, and making a Ranged Attack that doesn't include another target you're adjacent to means it would get an attack of opportunity on Roy.

- Assuming you're using Rock Slide (you have Rock Throw written, but it's clear which you meant), it's a Ranged Blast 3, so just one AC and Damage roll, which then applies to everything in the blast.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 pm

>.> I completely forgot about the miss.

And yeah, Rock Slide it should've been. Used the right rolls, just the wrong name. As for the attack of opportunity... Eh. It's already pretty hurt (Or at least Mort described it as "heavy damage"), and Roy acts last of everyone, so Max (The Houndoom) can probably finish it off before he gets his turn.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:13 pm A few notes/questions about recent the update:
- Are you sure the Krokorok is still up? It got hit by a pretty hefty Fairy attack from Koa, when it was already Heavily Injured.
- Koa should be NE of the Granbull after Slicing through it and the Krokorok
- Rawku lost a Tick of HP from the Vortex, putting him at 82 HP.
- I asked Burns earlier in the OOC if he'd have Haley put the Granbull to sleep after Koa attacks it, to free up Rawku to go Drill Run the Raticate. Would you allow that, or is it too late? :paranoia:
- Shouldn't Roy be at a lower HP total? He's taken 42 damage so far, but he's only missing 21 HP (31 if you count the gun injury I think)?

Also, that's not a ruby, Burns, that's one of Koa's Stealth Rocks
- Are you sure the Krokorok is still up? It got hit by a pretty hefty Fairy attack from Koa, when it was already Heavily Injured.
Forgot about the SE. Yeah, it's down.
- Koa should be NE of the Granbull after Slicing through it and the Krokorok
Fixed, on the map.
- Rawku lost a Tick of HP from the Vortex, putting him at 82 HP.
- I asked Burns earlier in the OOC if he'd have Haley put the Granbull to sleep after Koa attacks it, to free up Rawku to go Drill Run the Raticate. Would you allow that, or is it too late? :paranoia:
Noted, and too late!
- Shouldn't Roy be at a lower HP total? He's taken 42 damage so far, but he's only missing 21 HP (31 if you count the gun injury I think)?
I think it's correct..? Did he take another injury perhaps? In each case, it'd be an error in your guys favor so... Don't think there'll be too many complaints if I'm too lazy to fix this one. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:03 am

Neat! But I don't think the map's been changed? Koa's still in the wrong spot.

And Dlover, could you do an AP boost on Roy's Rock Slide? It's base AC 4 - a 6 won't hit the grunts, but a 7 should.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 am

Didn't update the map on thread, but I have it correct on the backend :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Iiiiiiiiii... CAN! I do indeed have AP remaining. And a Point of Action shall be spent on aiming to deal real damage!
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Bjorn is mounted on Tank, so my intention is for Tank to intercept shots, them to charge headlong in, Tank to bulldoze right over them in a Pass move, and Bjorn to follow up with some Powder Snow.

You haven't accounted for Tank at all, is Bjorn not mounted inside? I figure a rhyhorn would fit down a corridor, albeit a tight squeeze.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Unfortunately Intercepting is a Full Action Interrupt, meaning if Tank Intercepts for Bjorn, then Tank can't do anything else that round

Well, sort-of. Tank's still moving around, but that's actually Tank's movement capability being used as part of Bjorn's shift action, as per the Mount rules on p.218. Tank's full turn was still used up by Intercepting.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Dusk where are thou? Do we need to send Maku after you? *rolls around wanting an update*

also in case this was missed by Mort
Dusk9 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:24 am
Dusk9 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm Per check: 25
Stealth check: 17
Reposting my rolls from earlier.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:02 am

Sorry, I got everything I need to update! I've just been busy with work, and meeting with family and my birthday over the weekend, so I haven't gotten around to updating for you guys yet. (Or Koa/Alex/Haley again, for that matter. )

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:08 am

Yeah, I don't really have anything new to add until Mort updates again.

And don't worry about it, Easter weekend is a busy time!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:53 pm

^ Real life take precedence over a fantasy world of online shenanigans. Was just curious was going on, and tried to not sound too serious/impatient about it.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:44 am

I don't really have anything to add to this second round until I get clarity from M0rt about Bjorn being mounted, see my post above.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 am

Synch wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm Bjorn is mounted on Tank, so my intention is for Tank to intercept shots, them to charge headlong in, Tank to bulldoze right over them in a Pass move, and Bjorn to follow up with some Powder Snow.

You haven't accounted for Tank at all, is Bjorn not mounted inside? I figure a rhyhorn would fit down a corridor, albeit a tight squeeze.
You can be mounted, I just wasn't aware you were on him. The problem with things not being "correct" is that the two grunts aren't charging you though, and have 0 intention of charging you- They were guarding a hallway and started shooting as you arrived at the end of it. If you'd want to get face to face to them you'd have to charge them and get in close range, not the other way around.

This also makes it completely possible to just stay hidden behind the wall and take no risk (as the situation is currently) but of course that would also mean you can't attack.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:52 am

You misinterpreted what Synch was saying. He wants Bjorn and Tank to charge in on the grunts, not the other way around.

Also I already clarified that Tank can't Intercept and attack in the same round (though he can move, from Bjorn using Tanks movement capability to shift, because mount rules)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am

In his earlier post he said he was going to "attack as they ran by" however, which wasn't what was happening- Hence that I said in the same update "If this is what you intended to do" because he'd need to charge in himself. And in his earlier OOC post he also said "them to charge headlong in" which also implies them coming towards the party rather than the other way around.

Well, unless with "them" he means him and Tank. In which case I speak English very good yes.

Anyways yes, besides the clarification of you needing to run toward them not the other way around , and that you can be mounted I just forgot he was. Otherwise Vader is spot on.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Synch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:29 pm Bjorn is mounted on Tank, I'm not sure about the other two.
Mentioned before combat even began. I feel like most of what I say gets ignored sometimes >:?

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am In his earlier post he said he was going to "attack as they ran by" however, which wasn't what was happening- Hence that I said in the same update "If this is what you intended to do" because he'd need to charge in himself. And in his earlier OOC post he also said "them to charge headlong in" which also implies them coming towards the party rather than the other way around.

Well, unless with "them" he means him and Tank. In which case I speak English very good yes.

Anyways yes, besides the clarification of you needing to run toward them not the other way around , and that you can be mounted I just forgot he was. Otherwise Vader is spot on.
Hahah by them charge headlong in I did mean Bjorn and Tank. He's a rider mounted on a Rhyhorn, of course he will charge at the Grunts shooting him! :lol:

With regard to "attack as they ran by" what I meant is BJORN will attack the grunts as BJORN and TANK run by (using Bulldoze as a Pass move) so Tank runs over them using Bulldoze and passes through their squares, then in Bjorn's turn (delayed after Tank) he turns and sprays them with Powder Snow. Effectively attacking the grunts as he ran by them.

Sorry for the poor wording.

So going back to my original action post, it all stands with the exception of Tank intercepting the shot if it means she can't charge. So no Intercept, everything else is accurate.
Synch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 am Due to Agility Training and Rider bonus, initiative is:

Bjorn (23 = 15 + 4 + 4)
Tank (22 = 14 + 4 + 4)

Being Bjorn's mount, Tank intercepts the shot before it hits Bjorn.

Tank's first response to being shot is to charge headlong at the Grunts. She uses Bulldoze, which thanks to Conqueror's March makes the move a Pass move, allowing her to overrun and hit both Grunts (adding however many meters travelled to the damage roll thanks to Run Up.)

Bulldoze = 2d8 + 10 + 15 = [4, 2] = 31 (+ Run Up movement damage).

Bjorn leans back and sprays the Grunts with Powder Snow as they pass.

Powder Snow = 1d8 + 6 + 12 = [1] = 19
So waiting to see what damage to Grunts and whether this works before making my second round actions.

EDIT: And I realised I completely forgot to add Accuracy roles so I will go back and edit these in.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah that sounds correct.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:24 am

Synch, what are your actions for the new turn btw? We rule that intercepts and such carry on to the "next turn", so you'd be sacrificing Tanks action this turn if that's what you want to do, or what is your plan..? Carrying over the action to next turn allows us to avoid the annoying business of retconning.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 am

M0rtimer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 am
Forgot about the SE. Yeah, it's down.
Reminder, the Krokorok's down :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am

...Damnit.

Retcon... Soonish.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Fixed the update.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:13 am

If Synch was waiting on me to confirm if those actions would work for his last turn, yeah, assuming no intercept those attacks would have gone off as they have. I've gone ahead and did a slight amend to the update to reflect that.

Also, again, sorry for missing the Tank thing. I seem to have forgot to put him on the initial initiative- My schedule has been pretty nasty the past couple weeks, and I've been skimming posts. So not only is it likely I'd miss it in the current post, I definitely will if it's been mentioned before but not in the current post..!

Let it be known I ignore everyone equally though. :P

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:35 am

All good, now thats all been clarified I will post my next actions. Cheers.

Also, something else you missed which I included in my post was me providing Initiatives for you, as Tank and Bjorn get a Mounted Rider bonus as Agility Training is doubled.
Synch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 am Due to Agility Training and Rider bonus, initiative is:

Bjorn (23 = 15 + 4 + 4)
Tank (22 = 14 + 4 + 4)
I do try and help you :)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 am

Updated initiative!