Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:27 am

I mean, there's PROBABLY some kind of access route to the top of the dam, for multiple reasons, but it'd still be a bit of a climb... :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am

Sounds like a lot of effort. Not really worth it.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:19 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 am Didn't you do a quest for sparky to use the fairy teleport thing 1/day?
Honestly, I have no idea. I know we did get something from him, but it might've just been the Storage Ball? Vader and Theis know more about the book spells than I do.
M0rtimer wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:27 am I mean, there's PROBABLY some kind of access route to the top of the dam, for multiple reasons, but it'd still be a bit of a climb... :P
Dlover wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am Sounds like a lot of effort. Not really worth it.
*cough*flyingmount*cough* :P

But yeah, it sounds like quite a walk. Probably not worth the time and effort when the river is much closer.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 am

Well the grand overseer did take something from inside Drake so wouldn't come as a big surprise :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 pm

You say "Flying mount," Dusk, I say "The thing that stabbed the hell out of Alex last time he was on it."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey sorry for disappearing, I went from being busy to under the weather, but I'm back now.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 am

Welcome back Natrivv! Not too much happened since you were gone I think, last point of order is deciding where the party wants to go hunt some pokemon. :)
Dlover wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm "They... Eat aura? They eat souls?!"
I think this is a good point to remind you that Alex literally found a room all about Colress back in the hidden lab, and literally a folder called victims literally filled with people that appeared to have been "drained" until they were skin over bones: viewtopic.php?p=231066#p231066

As a a fun little bit of extra trivia, all those pictures would have been dated before he actually became Plasma's head scientist... Suggesting that either he found some other way to do what he needs to do, or... Plasma simply "provided" for him.

This also seems like a good point to do a quick recap about what that place was, because there seem to be some minor misconceptions..?

Firstly, the underground lab wasn't a "Plasma lab", though it did hold two former team Plasma members... It was essentially an old league prison, hence all the security measures in there. It's very similar to what the USA did to a bunch of German scientists: "These guys are criminally insane, and depending on how responsible you want to keep them performed literal war crimes... But, they are also actual geniuses, and leaving them to just rot in a cell would be a waste." Pearl and Goser were thrown in there for their obvious associations with team Plasma, continuing some of their work they likely used to do there... And Matthias was thrown in there for a different reason. Given the presence of Z-crystals, one can only assume he was already working on becoming an expert on those matters... The whole place was designed to study subjects the general populace shouldn't know about.

The only person who was in there of their own volition was the warden, Nixon, who apparently joined in most of the research done there as well.

When Lance died and the operation would soon fall in disarray, eventually the decision was made to "free the inmates", though blindfolded for the entire trip... But you can sure as hell bet there was a lengthy discussion about taking them beyond the shed, if you get what I'm saying.

As a fun bit of even more extra trivia, each of the four of them helped put in an "algorithm" that would help eventually create the AI that now inhabits Genesect... Matthias basically made an "ethical questionnaire" that was supposed to teach morality through thousands of questions Helped by Pearl, if only so he would do "Anything else besides bother her". Pearl created a logical algorithm that should theoretically continue to improve itself indefinitely. Goser went for the "infinite monkey" theorem- A massively random generation of sequences that would have only a bare semblance of order, with the justification that with infinite repeats, it would "eventually get it right". Nixon... Well, telling that would be a spoiler. All that was said on that bit of info was that if people knew what she had done, they'd agree she deserves to be in there just as much as the others... And, naturally, the AI wouldn't have existed without her contribution.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 am

I'd forgotten about that file. Wouldn't have been able to piece it together at that point, but with this much... Well, Alex probably wouldn't guess at the possibility of finding an alternative, he'd just assume it kept going after Colress got involved with Plasma.

You're definitely right about the 'plasma lab' thing, we just keep making that mistake even though it had a massive freakin' League symbol on it.

Also, bet's on Nixon putting a soul into the AI.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:22 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 am Didn't you do a quest for sparky to use the fairy teleport thing 1/day?
He gave us some other spells I think, it is listed as being once per week in my sheet with a few spell being once per day.
But speaking of spells, should we do the suits now and be ready for when whatever goes down? Definitely not because I want the added 1d6 to my dowsing roll from the ability I got on my disguise :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:56 am

So I think we've split up into two groups now? Who wants to go to the river with me and Koa, and who is more interested in the mines?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 am

I think at this point everyone should just let know where they want to go to in post and I'll take it from there. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 am

River for Alex.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:25 am

Is there more forest downriver?
It mostly turns into... Wait, hold on.

*Opens that map he's once made, cringes at how ugly it is, really just needs to make something else but makes observation...*

It eventually goes back into forest, yeah. It might be a good hour or so of walking though, until then it's grasslands.

If I base myself on the map I once made that fills me with disgust and I'd probably just remake in it's entirety nowadays

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am

Cool, thought it would be something like that. And the pools/calmer bits of river are about 20-30 minutes away?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am

Yup, probably even more in the ten minute range.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:42 pm

I have a question real quick about my Foongus. I have the Advanced Connection edge, giving me Root Down. It's an At Will, Shift action that gives me 1/16 temporary HP, when I have the ingrain coat up. But when the Ingrain Coat is up, you can't shift anyway. So, does that mean that I can essentially gain 1/16 temporary HP on every turn, on top of the normal ingrain HP gain?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 pm

You can shift while ingrained, but you cannot be forcibly moved.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Oh. I guess I just assumed that you couldn't shift while you were ingrained. Hmm... Then I guess Root Down just lets you trade your shift action for extra HP if you want.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 pm

It used to be so you couldn't shift in the previous version of the game
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:11 pm

I still say that not being able to shift makes more sense, but I suppose I'm not going to complain.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Sorry I haven't been present much guys. Life is hard!

Feels like I've been in this maze forever! How far behind everyone else have I fallen? What's everyone else up to?
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Haley is also stuck in the maze! Everybody else is pokemon hunting.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Hey, as a bit of extra fun, and for Alex, here's a way belated list of what everyone's aura's looks like. Well, the ones that I think Alex met at least... Let me know if there's anyone else he'd like to know it off. (And that he actually met since gaining Aura, of course)

Luna: Same as she was in the "dream world", she's got an angelic aura, made of wings and a halo. Now, however, the wings are "clipped".
Jack: His aura seems like a thin, dark cloud covering his entire body... If one gets in earnest conversation with him however, the coat seems to "open up" into more vibrant colors.
Jeremy: seems to be covered in webs... While alone, this almost turns into an orderly "suit", but the more "out" he gets, the more spiders start crawling over these webs... I apologize if you feel Alex missed the chance to freak out.
Isabella: she almost seems clad in armor, as if ready to fight at a moment's notice... She seems to hold what look like a couple aura "bruises" as well.

I feel like I've probably established half of these sometime before and am now retconning them, but oh well. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:50 pm

For Burns: the wires aren't broken, they just seem to lead somewhere (another perception/intuition check)

If you want to see if it's possible to rip out some of the cabling and "hotwire" it, though, I can take a roll for that... Assuming you're also fine potentially risking breaking it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 pm

OOooh I thought they were broken.