Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Haley was waiting to see if Izzy's thing worked first, she doesn't know if or how it works and wnats to see it in action

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 pm

The Stunfisk wasn't really shiny, he just had a special ability. And was a jerk.

But if you want to take him, that would be fine with me. I was actually thinking of releasing him back into the wild at some point. I'm a bit overloaded (lol) on Electric types at the moment.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 am

Questions!

1) Can the "free dash" stack with a normal dash for double-dashing?

2) I'm assuming the type-shift to Fire/Ice only applies to one attack? Or does it "set" the guitar's type, like the drives did?

3) Would you be okay with me using my "one-free-redo" to swap Chronicler with Arcane Training, so I can grab Arcanist next level? I don't think I've used the Chronicler stuff for anything other than RP so far, and now that I've got a cool magic weapon the Arcanist perks are a lot more attractive. Plus I don't really want to wait until Lv25 to pick it up :?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:08 am

Dusk9 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 am Questions!

1) Can the "free dash" stack with a normal dash for double-dashing?

2) I'm assuming the type-shift to Fire/Ice only applies to one attack? Or does it "set" the guitar's type, like the drives did?

3) Would you be okay with me using my "one-free-redo" to swap Chronicler with Arcane Training, so I can grab Arcanist next level? I don't think I've used the Chronicler stuff for anything other than RP so far, and now that I've got a cool magic weapon the Arcanist perks are a lot more attractive. Plus I don't really want to wait until Lv25 to pick it up :?
1: No
2: One attack only
3: I've given everyone one freebie so far so sure, you can do that. Any bonuses you'd taken would be shelved/removed until you pick up Chronicler again, though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:10 am

1) Worth a try :roll:
2) Thought so
3) Thanks!

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:27 am

Just realised Magic Burst is apparently limited to Melee Weapons only. Not sure if you want to overrule that, Mort?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 am

Oh no that's my bad, after I initially had it as a melee weapon you'd be hitting people over the head with until I figured sonic attacks work just fine.

Let's make it Bane instead. Then you can flavor it as you keep hounding them with awful music for another three rounds.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 am

What are you talking about? Guitars are clearly only melee weapons. They fall under Axe classification.

Also, why do I get a feeling one of the solutions we'll attempt for recharging those drives is Alex just deciding "I'll try to shove my soul into it."
Clearly didn't go wrong at all when he did that with Marshadow, though he doesn't remember that happening. Which clearly means there is zero reason for him to think it's a bad idea.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 am

Also since I keep forgetting and we should get this over with... Custom edges for Drake, and throw something in there for Bruce too? You guys think this would work?

Drake:
Fledging botanist
Static - Add +1 to harvest rolls

Bruce:
Toxic behavior
Static - Melee attacks poison on a roll of 19+

Also I'm just briefly going to throw this out here, but... What would everyone's opinion be if I, purely hypothetically, said "I decided to make all the spells in the book daily because it's obvious the way we play the game it moves too slow to have it be weekly"?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:04 am

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 am Also I'm just briefly going to throw this out here, but... What would everyone's opinion be if I, purely hypothetically, said "I decided to make all the spells in the book daily because it's obvious the way we play the game it moves too slow to have it be weekly"?
No complaints here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 am

Bruce's special would copy a pokemon's ability, posion touch. That and it doesn't say melee attack only.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:26 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 am Bruce's special would copy a pokemon's ability, posion touch. That and it doesn't say melee attack only.
It's not exactly the same, but you're right the intention is for melee attacks only.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:29 am

More regular magic stuff seems good, though I never really looked at what it all is.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

Oh, another question: Are the Sunny Day and Hail mutually exclusive? As in I have to pick one to use? Or can I do both once per day?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 am

You can only pick one, yeah.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Hey what test packet were books in? I had trouble finding it last night. If you're willing to indulge my laziness I'd appreciate a copy past :p

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 pm

May 2015 Playtest wrote:
Book Item Mechanics
Books hold knowledge, and knowledge is power! Books are Items associated with Education Skills that can be used
during Extended Actions to Drain your AP to receive certain benefits.

After half an hour of study, you can Drain 1 AP to gain the benefits of one Rank of a Book , if you meet the prerequisite
Skill for that Book’s Rank. Ranks in an individual book must be gained sequentially (e.g. you must have the
Novice Rank effect to gain the the Expert Rank effect).

The benefits from a Book last until an Extended Rest is taken; when an Extended Rest is taken, you may choose to
renew any Drain previously held from Books and continue to gain the effects.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Awesome thank you :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am

Hey Burns also give me that d100 roll please.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 am

[1d100] = 37

If I use the xmas reroll on this would it affect anything? If so...
xmas reroll [1d100] = 87

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm

It will have an effect on the final result, though I try to make it so that the roll result has no actual influence on how "powerful" the weapon is- I try to keep that about the same no matter the roll, trying to have it only depend on the items used. I'd like to keep the specifics a secret. Do you still want to use the crit?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:04 pm

The only thing I can think of that Koa might be interested in alchemizing is the assault rifle he's got hidden.

Assault Rifle + Razor Claw + Attack Focus (if Drake wants to trade for something?) = ???

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 pm

That'd probably be a pretty basic upgrade, but hey, it'd be better than a regular weapon, probably. :P

People might start wondering where all that magic shit is coming from though

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm It will have an effect on the final result, though I try to make it so that the roll result has no actual influence on how "powerful" the weapon is- I try to keep that about the same no matter the roll, trying to have it only depend on the items used. I'd like to keep the specifics a secret. Do you still want to use the crit?
What effect can it have? Not quite sure. (Also it's the reroll not the crit. She's saving the crit)

...Also do you want me to name it now or after?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm It will have an effect on the final result, though I try to make it so that the roll result has no actual influence on how "powerful" the weapon is- I try to keep that about the same no matter the roll, trying to have it only depend on the items used. I'd like to keep the specifics a secret. Do you still want to use the crit?
What effect can it have? Not quite sure. (Also it's the reroll not the crit. She's saving the crit)

...Also do you want me to name it now or after?
I suppose I'll elaborate slightly. When one alchemizes an item, I think "these items together could have X, Y, or maybe Z" as an effect. I then put those options on a scale of 1-100 and your roll determines which one gets picked/fleshed out. Though if anyone ever rolls a 1 or a 100 that'll probably have some extra effects :roll:

Nearing a 100 I'd put the in my mind "better" options, but whatever idea I can think off aren't necessarily meant to be more or less powerful, just different.

And you can leave naming the item, I was mostly joking about that :roll: