Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:38 pm

"Giant man with super strength." ... You know, I don't think he's really done anything that Koa couldn't.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Sure he has, at least 3 times if you were paying attention.
M0rtimer wrote:"Hmm. Fine." comes the reply from the head master... As firstly he takes the man's gun, ripping it out of his grasp and into his own- A definite crunching noise heard before the now broken firearm is dropped to the side, and his grasp instead turns to lift the grunt by the collar, off his feet.
M0rtimer wrote:"They probably are just after the money in the vault." Magnus grunts, suddenly shifting the one grunt in his grasp, until his hand is tight around his neck. Before anyone even properly realizes what's going on, he squeezes, until the grunt turns blue in the face... Before unceremoniously dropping the now unconscious grunt on the floor.
M0rtimer wrote:A pokeball, though none that the trainers would recognize... Coated in a lustrous purple. The headmaster stopped his charge halfway, instead reaching down- Tearing up part of the concrete before slinging it at the leader! As he continued his fervent shouting.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Okay, so I only remembered one of those things, that being the Rock Throw, which I'm pretty sure Koa has done before.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Koa can do that because he has magic rock powers, which I always flavor as just Avatar-style earthbending with stomping the ground and waving his hands around. Koa doesn't physically rip hunks of concrete out of the ground with his bare hands :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Take one look at Alex and tell me the guy doesn't think Koa is just so much more buff than him that he can stomp hard enough to blow rocks into the air. :p
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:20 pm

If the failsafe is a lock... I might have a solution

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Also, no important bits of missed lore or anything, but something I think might be interesting to look back upon: Haley did meet Magnus before

Also that very subtle hint of Magnus calling Haley by name even though she never actually introduced herself.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Alex, internally: "You've been trying for centuries? Congrats, you're old and probably too blinded by that goal to realise there are people around who can kill gods, ignoring a potential solution."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 am

Natrivv? Didn't you just say you were gonna have Ochrana try something? Like locking the phone trigger for the bomb?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:16 am

I didn't really get confirmation that the failsafe did function as a lock. If it's been set like an alarm on the phone, even if it's locked it will still go off.

I guess I could try adding a lock just to try to help.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 am

Haley snaps a picture of Mew as Magus talks about how they will forget what happened.
Mew has already reverted back to her disguise.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:18 am

Inturrupt! Haley snaps a pic before it happens.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:31 am

Too late for that. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:35 am

Hmm? What do you mean by that?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:47 am

It literally happened at the end of the previous update. It's too late.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:22 am

So like, a couple updates ago. Long before anything about forgetting.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Just a heads up Natrivv, I'm going to be altering Irene's dialogue because I don't think she'd be remembering that info at present - At least, not without some logical deducing. She's got other reasons she could want to be there though, so same end result.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 am

Ok, memory meddling is hard to keep track of. :lol: As long as we get to bug Zapdos it's fine.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 am

Alright, so I propose we discuss the logistics of our plans OOC, because it's gonna take forever to roleplay it all out.

Here's the plan as far as I've gathered:

- Hole Mew up in the Academy with guards and spell tags to protect her.
-- Who's going to protect her? This is a bit awkward, because realistically it would probably be those already on site, i.e. the players. That's no fun though (unless we wanna split up again to keep the players in two manageable groups? Assuming we don't want to split up in the tower). I was of the mind we ask some NPCs to do the guarding, but again, it'd be hard to trust anyone with the task that wouldn't be better off raiding the Tower.
-- Ask Jack if he has any more spell tags, or if he knows where to get some quickly.

- The players raid the tower.
-- As evidenced by the Mew battle, full-group battles are getting to be unmanageable. It'd be best if we split up the group for one reason or another. Imo, either we have two Tower-raid groups, or one group to raid and one group to defend Mew.
-- Magnus is probably coming with us. He's shown that much initiative, and his knowledge of the tower and of Grim will be helpful.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:29 am

If Magnus is coming with then he needs to leave the ball behind. Alex is the only person that knows Necrozma’s name that can get away without too much harm due to protect and detect. If we are able to access PCs then Haley has more mons that have threaded to help with project keep away. Anyone with mons that have knock off?

Haley also has a stash of pesterballs with sleep, posion, confusion and paralyze. Oh and apparently a couple of radar guns.

activating the suits is a must to prevent telepathy.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am

The suits are a good point to bring up. The benefits the suits provide sound very similar to these 'boons' the Sleeper gave to Grim. It's possible the suits might give some latent protection against the Tower's mind-erasure effects, in the same vein that Grim has immunity to it. And if not, we could ask Spark about it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:40 am

Yeah, it's good to plan out a bit with what's coming next. I suppose I should admit my initial idea was to have everyone group up for this final bit, but having a party that large can be a bit chaotic, yeah.

Though I'm wondering, is it so chaotic because there is too many people in battle, or because it is just so much actions at the same time because I've been doing every turn in one single massive update? I've been considering potential benefits and drawbacks of doing things such as Spider does them in Sundered way- Basically, every turn simply moves on to the next player, so that each update is the actions from one player to the next, rather than everyone needing to act at once.

Pros:
-players can act always on the current situation, rather than "I was going to attack X but he's already KO'd"
-Faster updates

Cons:
-Even if individual updates can be faster, overall update pace might still be slower because I'd need to open all the relevant stuff each time/ wait on actions.

It might be worth trying regardless, but maybe trying right in advance of a major battle isn't the smartest regardless.

I'll leave it up to you guys, if you want to split up and have two separate battles. Having one group stay with Mew would probably be the easiest (as if she could not protect herself), but I could find some kind of way to split up the group in the tower as well, probably.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:07 am

Updating the battle map is always pretty time consuming. Maybe you could only post the full map at the beginning of the "round", instead of after every person's turn?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 am

That's an option, and would probably heavily cut down on the time spent between each turn, yeah. Though to be fair, with my new "workflow", the map part usually doesn't take too long now.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:29 amAlex is the only person that knows Necrozma’s name that can get away without too much harm due to protect and detect.
While Alex is a tanker from those two and the fact that he's just so used to taking beatings, it wouldn't stop until he's dead without having a Core to fight it back. That said, Alex is absolutely the one to do that if it becomes necessary. At this point he's basically accepted that he's going to be dead by the time everything's over with, and while death is a frightening thing, if he puts an end to Grim doing it then that's a benefit. Plus with Grim destroyed, the spirit world would need a new boss, and Alex is a charismatic ass who can take over the underworld.
((Using the name is absolute last resort, though, despite how much of a death wish Alex seems to have. Mostly because if the tower gets destroyed people outside may get hurt.))

For other plans... I don't really have any, other than "Beat the hell out of him." It's kind of my plan for all problems. I blame Roy being able to punch any problems to death.
Which also means I'm prepared for my next character, who will suplex all the problems. And gods. Suplexing gods sounds fun.

For the updating ideas, it would help some to break updates down. Like, for me there are two problems.
One: Alex and most of him pokemon are slow as molasses, so in large fights by the time my actions come up they're usually irrelevant.
Two: It gets to a point where I straight up can't tell what's what. Like, in that recent fight there were two pokemon of the same species, one being a friendly and the other an enemy, and I just straight up ignored them because I had no clue what was going on with them. The map gets so small (And I can't get it to zoom in) that I can't see the little indicator numbers, so I can't really indicate targets by number, either. That and the initiative lists get so long that I basically read over them three times to work out what's going on.

So, first one, which is really the biggest problem, gets fixed by breaking down updates. It helps too if it's treated like with Thinks' games, where we have the separated updates, but there's leeway for posting before your turn's up if it's necessary. So, like, if someone is a couple of people away from being up, but they're soon going to be unable to post for a while, they can just post right away and it's still there. (Doubt I need to say that, but it's best not to assume a thing will be there.)
My game:

My characters: