Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:44 am

Sorry for the lack of posting, things have been chaotic on my end.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:05 pm

More than alright- So have things been for me :S

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:03 am

Just a reminder, everything that got flinched last turn should have -5 Initiative, which I think was all of the ghosts? Again, if you could note that down quick, it'd be appreciated. :thumbsup:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 am

Oh, does the initiative drop stick around? My bad! I'll fix that asap.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 am

Yep! The initiative drop is for the encounter (or if it's a pokemon and it gets switched out, then it'll reset). It's only the Vulnerable that lasts for 1 round.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Also, small note:
M0rtimer wrote:With Max down, the pikachu instead turns to the trainers- Zapping Bruce for 22(12) damage! The skitty for it's own part attacks the nearest target... Which turns out to be Koa! Two punches for 23(5) damage.
Koa has 5 DR from Wear it Better, so the Skitty's attack also only does 1 damage. Koa's at 71hp currently :)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:11 pm

I see you've updated the initiative order, Mort, thanks for that!

Wasn't the Hooded Grunt also flinched, though? He got hit by the Rock Slide, too.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:18 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:11 pm I see you've updated the initiative order, Mort, thanks for that!

Wasn't the Hooded Grunt also flinched, though? He got hit by the Rock Slide, too.
Fixed it in the WIP update :)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Also, you forgot to put Tops in the update again. I wouldn't be making a deal about it, except this turn I was planning on using him this turn.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:39 am

Everything is always waiting on Alex. He's too damn slow. But damned if I'm putting any points into speed, I need to be tankier and nukier. Immortal boy must be more immortal, and his finger guns of doom must be more doomy.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Eh? I thought i had haley wait until everybody intercepted so that wouldnt happen? And how is a mon controlling her?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Doing a bit of shameless self-promotion before we go back to our regularly scheduled programming. If any of you are interested in playing some D&D, I'm starting my own game right here on the forum. It'll be play-by-post, just like this one. Since this would be my first time ever as a DM, I'm running the starter module for this edition of D&D, The Lost Mines of Phandelver. If any of you are interested, feel free to check it out on the recruitment page.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:41 pm

1: She'd already intercepted once, but seems to have multiple intercepts, since she has multiple turns, so she'd have intercepted pretty much everything regardless.
2: It's not a true pokeball, designed for human use. It's an ancient artifact that's just used to control gods.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 pm

If she had multiple intercepts why didnt she intercept thief? Or one of her projections to do that?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:43 am

SamWiser wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:58 pm Also, you forgot to put Tops in the update again. I wouldn't be making a deal about it, except this turn I was planning on using him this turn.
► Show Spoiler
Edited them in.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Quick heads up, going to do another quick update for the big group. Nothing major- Just the first three moves, given that I just realized those moves might be changing a lot of people's actions...

Also, realized that one remaining stealth rock should have hit someone... The noivern, I think? :paranoia:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Yeah that pretty thoroughly wrecks my plans. I was gonna try doing something about the fleeing Hooded Grunt, but it's hard to do that when half the team's actions are cancelled by "Surprise! Burst 5, Friendly Sleep" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Sorry about that :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Right, well, all is not lost! But the rest of you guys should probably try waking us up ASAP.

In fact, Tops is close enough to wake Koa and Tyr is close enough to wake Alex, both trainers being faster than that Shuppet :shifty:

That'd be pretty handy, actually. Koa could then hit everything in the Shuppet's area with another Rock Slide, waking Roy back up. It's unlikely to knock Roy out since he's resistant.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Aura Sphere can't be intercepted, Mort. Auto-hit moves.

Also, Vader, you may want to rethink "It's unlikely to KO Roy" when he's on 14hp.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Oh! Well, that kind of screws everything up, doesn't it?

...Actually, no, it doesn't. It'd just mean Uyum would intercept Roy instead, and that attack would trigger the transformation. And the ghost would be hit by a far weaker attack.

...Are you sure you don't want to keep things as they are? :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Dlover wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:46 pmAlso, Vader, you may want to rethink "It's unlikely to KO Roy" when he's on 14hp.
Roy's pretty beefy with 22 defense, so Koa would have to hit for 50 damage to risk knocking him out. I guess that's technically possible if Koa crits, but it's very unlikely. Up to you though :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:08 pm

If you're gonna leave things as they are, we can let the murderpunch be what hits, sure. :p

And Vader... Since you've math'd it out, and I've got my plans that don't involve Roy anyway, you can go ahead with it. If he stays up it's an extra AOO to stop the shuppet from running, if he doesn't it's... Well, a few hp. He'd not be up much longer anyway.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:49 pm

You might wanna edit your post a bit, Dlover, in the event that no one decides to wake Alex up. If they don't, you might as well have Tyr wake Alex since you'd be wasting your pokemon turn otherwise. Alex wouldn't have a pokemon turn at that point, but he could do something himself (like wake Haley up).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Huh, I forgot I'd have a chance to control Tyr.
My game:

My characters: