Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:37 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:16 pm Sorry about that :roll:
How does Mew know a darkrai move anyways. And why shuppet knew it had it. :|

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:05 pm

Mew can learn any TM/HM and Tutor move. In this system that means it can effectively know anything.

And I don't think it's a matter of the shuppet knowing her moves, it's more that the shuppet gave her a general directive. Mew just happened to use Dark Void.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:14 am

I want to know the logistics. Tutoring won’t work because you need 3 or more mons with the move, mentoring doesnt work because it’s not a tm move, natural move, ect.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:27 am

Actually, Tutoring can work if you know the move yourself, which Darkrai does. We've already seen that certain, special pokemon can have feats from BatD (like Numa), so it's not inconceivable that actual legendaries could have trainer feats.

Also there's Archive Tutor, so even by RAW it's possible for a 3rd party to have taken a picture of Dark Void and taught it to Mew.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 am

Well it would be difficult to get the pic then find mew to teach and why darkrai would teach her? And if that is the case then why didnt the headmaster say anything like protect the masterball? :/

I don’t think that is unreasonable since theghost tried to steal from commander.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Look, I'm really struggling to follow this fight.

Sneak should be on 1HP, and I included a move for him in my last move, but may have been overlooked?

Bjorn was supposed to move up next to the Pikachu?

No idea who's turn it is.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm

Yeah Mort must've missed it. There's a lot to keep track of. Here's the post from a while ago saying Sneak is still up:
Synch wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:40 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 pm Nope! Feel free to remove 9 damage, though I don't think it's enough yeah. And Vader is correct.
Haha he lives! 1HP! :lol:
And Uyum just took her first turn this round - Mort paused it there because Dark Void had such a big impact on everyone's turns. Currently Shadow if up next.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:53 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 am Well it would be difficult to get the pic then find mew to teach and why darkrai would teach her? And if that is the case then why didnt the headmaster say anything like protect the masterball? :/

I don’t think that is unreasonable since theghost tried to steal from commander.
Probably didn't have an action to do so?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 am

Synch wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:27 pm Look, I'm really struggling to follow this fight.

Sneak should be on 1HP, and I included a move for him in my last move, but may have been overlooked?

Bjorn was supposed to move up next to the Pikachu?

No idea who's turn it is.
Yeah sorry, forgot to put Sneak back in the initiative. And you did attack the pikachu, but I forgot to move you next to the pikachu if that's what you wanted. I'll update both things this evening (hopefully).

Also I don't want to spend too much time answering questions that are not strictly OOC, but I'll very briefly address the "Why did Magnus not get protected" thing. He did not get protected because he didn't exert control using the master ball.

Why did he not exert control you ask? After all surely it's something they'd both want, right? There's several reasons really, but I'll just ask you a single question instead. You somehow get the power to take complete control over a friend. You know that if you use it, their actions will no longer be their own, even if you believe it'd be what they want. Could/Would you do it, whether it was for their own good or not?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 am

Why not just hand over/toss the masterball to her so she can be her own master? And didnt he extert control by saying at ease?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 am

If you mean why didn't he give Uyum the ball during the fight, he had already uses his shift and standard moving over to pick up the ball. It wouldn't have made a difference anyway, since the ghosts would've used Thief on her instead to steal it.

If you mean in general why she doesn't just carry the ball around with her, Uyum and Magnus probably experimented with the ball as much as they can. They've had it for centuries, possibly millennia. Carrying it around was probably deemed too risky since it could be stolen, exactly like what happened just now with Magnus and the ghosts. So they decided to keep it hidden so (theoretically) no one could find it, yet close enough to do something about it if someone did find it. And here Magnus is, doing something about it.

As for the at ease thing, he's just saying she could relax. Stop trying to be pedantic.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Didn't update the text, but last update has been edited for changes. Bjorn moved, Sneak still up and ko'd a grunt. The damage the grunt did to Alex has also been reverted.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 am

Could buttercup do anything before she fainted?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:42 am

Don't think so I'm afraid.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Ah. I thought she could. I am guessing all Haley can do is wake up then...you can roll for me if needed.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:30 pm

You might want to post anyway in case someone wakes Haley.

If Tyr wakes Alex up, Alex will in turn wake Haley, so you can just have her hold her turn until that happens.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Teamwork! It's a conga line of waking people up!

Oh, and I realised something, on the topic of Mew knowing Dark Void: If anyone with teaching abilities was Gifted by Darkrai they'd eventually learn the move and be able to teach it.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Okay, I have an idea but not sure if it'll work?

I'm thinking having Haley release Amber, and basically holding her action to use the grapple gun to get the master ball. Amber will use incinerate?
Or cushion use faint attack/payback?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:24 pm

You could queue that up conditionally, but if Koa's turn goes according to plan then his Greninja will already have the ball.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Contingencies are never bad things.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm Okay, I have an idea but not sure if it'll work?

I'm thinking having Haley release Amber, and basically holding her action to use the grapple gun to get the master ball. Amber will use incinerate?
Or cushion use faint attack/payback?
Pre-emptive joykiller, but probably should do that now rather than later: I'm pretty sure you can't use the grapple gun for that purpose? Sorry, but when there's literal moves based around the concept of stealing things, and the only thing comparable to a ranged steal is a scene-based move, I don't think it's something I should just allow. Especially since the closest comparison is the disarm maneuver, and that comes with some heavy caveats. (High AC, contested check, AND item drops to the ground rather than ending up immediately taken)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:30 am

I think Burns is talking about grabbing it assuming the attack KOs the one holding it. Not stealing it.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 am

That'd probably be alright yeah, if you don't mind an AC roll to make up for the fact it'd be from distance.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Basically using threaded to bring it to her once it hits the ground, that is what I meant.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Sorry guys, I'm a little late to the planning party. Before everything went downhill, Bruce was planning on taking out some of the smaller threats around the side of the battle using Tops, and having Shadow take shots at Uyum when he could. But since it's bedtime now for just about everybody in the main circle, is there something else you'd like me to do first? Anybody that Tops (or Bruce) is in easy reach of that still needs to be woken up?

If not, that pikachu is going down!!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett