Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Yep. In fact, of the ten PC's we have, I think eight are currently eligible for it in some form (or at least have the potential to get it later, in the case of Alex, James, and Bjorn). Covering six different types: Fighting, Flying, Fairy, Rock, Psychic, and Ice.

Our party is going to have the best coverage ever :roll: :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:34 pm

That said, don't forget you still need Elemental Connection to meet the prereqs, despite having Aura Guardian. Which will require permission from Mort, since you already have Mystic Senses. And maybe require you to take Type Ace too, depending on what he says about it.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Dusk9 wrote:That said, don't forget you still need Elemental Connection to meet the prereqs, despite having Aura Guardian. Which will require permission from Mort, since you already have Mystic Senses. And maybe require you to take Type Ace too, depending on what he says about it.
Actually, no. Well yes, obviously any build I do requires Mortimer's permission (and Elemental Connection is one of the cases where this is doubly true), but simply having Mystic Senses doesn't by RAW bar one from Elemental Connection. For that matter, it doesn't even suggest barring one from Elemental Connection. The only thing it recommends against is allowing a mix of Mystic Senses and Elemental Connection (Psychic) specifically, since that'd provide access to all Mystic classes AND all Psychic classes. And since I'd want to use it in conjunction with Aura Guardian, I wouldn't be taking Elemental Connection (Psychic), I'd be taking Elemental Connection (Fighting).
Last edited by Nioca on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Hmm, true. You'll still need his permission to get it after character creation, though. Unless you want to get Type Ace first.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes. All my mons are going to be part fairy.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:02 pm

And on that note, you shall see there is a bit of a theme to my dream team :) I wasn't initially planning on exclusively having ice pokemon what with their defense, maybe just two or three, but I think I like the novelty. Subject to change!

Dream Team
Image Image Image Image Image Image

(M0rt, if you wouldn't mind putting this on my page please.)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Alright, I should have done this a while ago. The two pokemon traits I choose are Inheritance and Pedigree. The two inheritance moves will be decided soon.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Hey, so I know we get $3000 to start, but what sorta stuff do we get for "Free"? Like Pokeballs and Potions and the like. Also, I suppose mundane equipment and stuff, like Tyke's Headphones.

Edit: Also, can Musician Songs be used in the League Battles? Page 409 of the Rule Book suggests that they should be, as well as other forms of non-Move/Supernatural Encouragement. Cheerleader stuff, basically. But that's up the to GM.
Last edited by Donnigan on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:04 pm

So I have come up with a question regarding the battles, will each battle be a scene, or will the tournament be a scene, or somewhere in the middle? Not exactly an IC question so I'm asking here instead. :P

Oh yeah is it bad that I just remebered that I got the ability probability control from the warper class? :oops:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Question: Would it be possible for a starter to start with an active Training feature? I should've asked this earlier, because there's not really a lot of time right now...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Oh! Would I classify for type scyh? By that I mean able to change my pokethrope form to a fairy/bug?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:28 am

Donnigan wrote:Hey, so I know we get $3000 to start, but what sorta stuff do we get for "Free"? Like Pokeballs and Potions and the like. Also, I suppose mundane equipment and stuff, like Tyke's Headphones.

Edit: Also, can Musician Songs be used in the League Battles? Page 409 of the Rule Book suggests that they should be, as well as other forms of non-Move/Supernatural Encouragement. Cheerleader stuff, basically. But that's up the to GM.
You don't start with either pokeballs or potions, neither can you take them up from your starting capital due to them being restricted. The mundane equipment however, you start with for free, as it's mostly flavor stuff.

(Actually, I changed my mind. What brand of clothes are all you guys wearing? I'll need to do a quick check how much that'll all cost... :roll:)

You'll be able to buy those in a pokemart sooner or later though, using your starting capital.

Also important: healing items are disallowed in league activities! The one exception to this are consumable held items, the rule being that you can't give your pokemon additional consumables after they've used theirs up.

And yeah, I'll allow musician songs, long as you aren't outright attacking the enemy.
Natrivv wrote:So I have come up with a question regarding the battles, will each battle be a scene, or will the tournament be a scene, or somewhere in the middle? Not exactly an IC question so I'm asking here instead. :P

Oh yeah is it bad that I just remebered that I got the ability probability control from the warper class? :oops:
There's a moment of rest between each bout to have the pokemon healed back up to full, (and injuries cured to their best abilities) so each battle is a scene.

Have I mentioned that it's pretty early in the morning and this tournament is supposed to go for most of the day? No? Damn. :roll:
Nioca wrote:Question: Would it be possible for a starter to start with an active Training feature? I should've asked this earlier, because there's not really a lot of time right now...
You'll have half an hour with all your pokemon before the battles start. You'll be barely able to squeeze in your training there.
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Oh! Would I classify for type scyh? By that I mean able to change my pokethrope form to a fairy/bug?
No, sorry. :roll:

(Although I suppose it would fit with the glamour weaver theme...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 am

M0rtimer wrote:(Actually, I changed my mind. What brand of clothes are all you guys wearing? I'll need to do a quick check how much that'll all cost... :roll:)
How far in debt is Alex with his psuedo-suit? :P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:20 am

Your cane alone costs 4000. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:27 am

Good thing his father's a lawyer. Lower interest rates on loans from him than from a bank.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:00 am

This makes me wonder, Dusk, how do you usually select pokemon randomly? What I'm currently doing is just roll between all pokemon in existence and reroll if it's not appliable or pick the first from it's line, but that obviously favors multi-stagers over single-stagers.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:28 am

I have an excel sheet with a list containing every non-legendary species line: i.e. #1 is Bulbasaur, #2 is Chikorita, #3 is Treeko, etc. All the way up to Noibat at #312. If I roll something that doesn't fit the area (e.g. an Ocean biome 'mon in the middle of a mainland city like Oreburgh), then I reroll. Unless the owner is someone who traveled from another part of the region. Evolutionary stage is decided by level: for example if I rolled a 1 for a Lv20 'mon, it would be a Ivysaur instead of a Bulbasaur. Unless I want it to evolve in middle of the fight for added difficulty/interestingness.

That's only for random Trainers though. For wilds I just pick something that fits the biome/ecology, while important NPCs obviously have proper teams.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am

Any chance you could share that excel sheet so I can be lazy? :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 am

Here's the list. Just copy-paste it in with Bulbasaur in row 1, and use the numbered rows to cross-reference after rolling.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 am

Okay, so in hind sight I should really have looked at moves before picking pokemon. Would have been important to know a level 10 Duskull can only deal damage with Night Shade. It can deal a total of 20 damage per scene. Beyond that, it's going to float around looking very angry. God damn it I'm a moron. :roll:
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 am

Don't forget about Struggle attacks. Plus, he's immune to Fighting and Normal damage, so most Lv10 Pokemon aren't going to be able to do anything to hurt him other than Struggle.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:32 am

Speaking of struggle, that's what this is going to be for me. I now have Roy and two tanks that are going to struggle for almost every action. :roll: I mean, sure I could use Water Gun and Whirlpool with the Clamperl, but it's got Clamp, so I might as well make use of it.

Also, in regards to Clamp; Does being a water typed move make struggle attacks water type be default, or are they still normal with the option of water as a result of Fountain? And I'm guessing the damage the sheet shows for it is just to fill space, since the rulebook doesn't give any DB for it?
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 am

Struggle Rules wrote:"Struggle Attacks have an AC of 4 and a Damage Base of 4, are Melee-Ranged, Physical, and Normal Type. They may be further modified by Capabilities. When Trainers use Struggle Attacks, these may be modified by Weapons the trainers are wielding. Never apply STAB to Struggle Attacks. Struggle Attacks do not count as Moves, and effects that alter Moves do not apply to them."
Capability Modifications wrote:"Fountain: The userÔÇÖs struggle Attacks may be Water-Typed if they wish. They may also add their Special Attack instead of their Attack and have the attack deal Special Damage, if they wish. Multiple Water-Type Moves grant Fountain."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 am

Oh, wait, just looked at the description of Clamp. That's....weird. I don't really know how that works, honestly.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 am

Question, evolved pokemon have all the moves from their previous evolutions, right?

Also... Hitmonchan? Tyrogue evolves at level 20. I mean not that I'm complaining, but I don't want to get an unfair stat advantage just because you weren't paying attention or something like that. :P