UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am

Lets snag the focus. :3

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Update paused on Alex. It was a special defense focus btw, because I'll probably forget to mention otherwise.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Also, I'm probably going to rework Madness and the gun rules to be more streamlined, once this battle is done. And properly put them in one location at the start of this forum, too. But, reworked rules idea:

Weapon tag [Deadly]: Weapons with the deadly tag have +1 DB, +2 to required AC, and causes an injury on critical hits. AC rolls below base AC cause the gun to jam, requiring a standard action to unjam.

(Deadly is mostly applied to guns)

Gun Training
Prerequisites: adept combat
static
Effect: When using weapons with the [DEADLY] tag, apply the following. +1 To DB and Acc, +2 to crit hit range. Guns only jam on a natural roll of 1.

(I'm thinking of adding the following to most guns to make them a bit more unwieldy for their increased power too, but probably not going to because that's another variable to keep track off I'll forget)

[Reload X]: Weapons with the reload tag need to be reloaded after X uses, taking a shift action to do so.

Shadow
Shadow type moves deal neutral damage to all types, but are resisted one step by trainers. Shadow type moves have a chance to inflict Madness.
(General DC guidelines: Area attack = Low DC, Damage attacks: Mid DC, Status attacks: High DC)

Madness
When asked to perform a madness save, roll 1d20 and add your focus rank. On a fail, roll on the madness chart. If already affected by the status affliction, gain Insanity instead. On a natural 20, become Inspired.
Low DC: 9
Mid DC: 14
High DC: 19

Madness table:
1: Grief: Confusion
2: Depression: Disabled
3: Hatred: Enraged
4: Obsession: Infatuation
5: Fear: Slowed
6: Insanity: Insanity

Insanity: for each stack, declare one additional, distinct action on top of your normal one. Roll a dice to determine which action gets executed.

Inspired: while active, double your focus rank for the purpose of saving against madness effects. As a free action, remove this status to cleanse yourself or an ally within three meters by a madness-inflicted status condition.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:51 pm

I am not sure what insanity does? Like what determines something as a distinct action? Also for depression and obsession is the move that is disabled and the object of obsession random?

Is madness something that we can inflict somehow? Is it by a class? If so, what one cause I may or may not have a few character ideas that could use that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:05 am

There is some leeway on what is defined as "distinct", but I expect it to be reasonable. Having both actions be moving and attacking, but one of the moves be one tile to the left of where you would otherwise end up is obviously not allowed. Moving in the opposite direction however/standing your ground would, or using a different attack.

Depression affects your last used move naturally. Obsession targets the entity that caused it.

Madness is currently only inflicted by Shadow moves. I'm probably gonna try and make work of listing up all possible moves sometime after this battle, too.

Speaking of which, I need to make an edit to the table above to list what the [SHADOW] type does for moves.

OR YOU COULD TRY AND MAKE A DEAL WITH THE ONE THAT MADE THEM.

I AM CERTAIN THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO LISTEN TO YOUR OFFER.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:23 am

How different would movement have to be to be distinct, though? several spaces apart? a 45 degree difference in angle between your start and end positions? Because the requirement of different movement means a lot of situations where you just can't do jack, like Alex has pretty much every round in this battle had to expend his full movement just to barely get in range every other turn.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 am

I'd probably allow neither of those situations because I'm judging on intent. In both of those, the intent is "charge toward enemy". Standing ground or "running away" would be opposites.

Not that you couldn't act in the situation you described. You'd just have to change your attack. You could say for both actions you charge and use a stronger and weaker move. Or a different kind of move.

And even if you couldn't, well... It is meant to be a negative effect, after all.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:18 am

True, it is a negative, I'm just looking at the impact it has. For some pokemon or character's that's a matter of "Charge and attack or stand ground and attack," and for others it's "Charge and attack or stand ground and huddle." Not expecting any changes for that just, as I said, looking to understand it.

On that note, being allowed to have the same movement and a different attack is an important understanding, I was expecting any actions you take (Movement action, standard action, hell even bringing out a pokemon with a swift action) would each need a separate option. Not that Alex and Roy have many options since they're both slow and have limited ranged options, but that's my problem, not the insanity debuff. XD
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:14 am

For nadness to apply, maybe at a cerian range like 15+ for shadow moves, and the madness applies one of the conditions, if condition is already applied then roll again, with exception of insanity. This would line up with other moves. Madness could also be applied by a status move: Mental Break which is has an ac 4, range 6, 1 target and either eot or at will.

This would elimiate the first check of madness and make it slightly more streamlined. Madness would apply one of the 6 effects to the person and they can save from those effects.

How about this for distinct actions

If one attacks and insanity is applied to them then they must use a different category, for instance if they were to use a physical attack, they can use a special attack or status effect if able. (If not then use struggle)

Or this:

Insanity (3 rounds)
Each time insanity is applied via madness, add additional 2 to the rounds of insanity. Target can save from insanity by making a 15 save dc check or focus check at the end of round. The target must choose which way to save before rolling.

At the beginning of each round of insanity, roll 1d6 on the madness table and apply that effect for the round.

This effect ends at the end of round and cannot be saved.

If insanity is rolled, add additional 2 rounds of insanity to the person.

Example:
person has insanity 2 and rolls depression, for that round the move used last is disabled.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:28 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:14 am For nadness to apply, maybe at a cerian range like 15+ for shadow moves, and the madness applies one of the conditions, if condition is already applied then roll again, with exception of insanity. This would line up with other moves. Madness could also be applied by a status move: Mental Break which is has an ac 4, range 6, 1 target and either eot or at will.

This would elimiate the first check of madness and make it slightly more streamlined. Madness would apply one of the 6 effects to the person and they can save from those effects.
I'm not opposed to basing it on AC, actually. That does mean focus would become completely invalidated making it pure chance. As for rolling again, perhaps. If that seems overall preferred.

How about this for distinct actions

If one attacks and insanity is applied to them then they must use a different category, for instance if they were to use a physical attack, they can use a special attack or status effect if able. (If not then use struggle)
This could work if we want to define to concrete guidelines, but would make it VERY powerful. Many Pokemon/trainers only have one type of attack and perhaps some status, so you'd soon find yourself with no moves left. I think as it's defined now would be fine
Or this:

Insanity (3 rounds)
Each time insanity is applied via madness, add additional 2 to the rounds of insanity. Target can save from insanity by making a 15 save dc check or focus check at the end of round. The target must choose which way to save before rolling.

At the beginning of each round of insanity, roll 1d6 on the madness table and apply that effect for the round.

This effect ends at the end of round and cannot be saved.

If insanity is rolled, add additional 2 rounds of insanity to the person.

Example:
person has insanity 2 and rolls depression, for that round the move used last is disabled.
Interesting idea, but I think I'll pass on it.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:14 pm

If you want to make it less subjective what a "distinct action" is, why not have Insanity stacks equate to scaling randomness in your actions? As an example;

1 Stack: When attacking, you make a random attack from your Movelist that can hit your target.
2 Stacks: Start of turn, you move half your speed in a random direction (roll 1d8).
3 Stacks: When attacking, you attack a random valid target (hostile only).
4 Stacks: Start of turn, you move your full speed in a random direction (roll 1d8).
5 Stacks: When attacking, you attack a random valid target (including allies).

So 1 stack is annoying, but manageable - you'll be using random moves, but you get to pick the targets so you still have some control.

At 3 stacks, you'll have reduced movement options, and you won't have much control of which enemies you can target. However, you'll still have options for positioning.

But once you hit the full 5 stacks, you'll be moving completely out of position every turn (possibly trigger opportunity attacks) and you can't really make an attack without risk of accidentally targetting your allies.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Oh god that first stack would completely destroy Roy. His entire setup is picking the one SE move out of all the options, up to half of which are resisted. It also sucks for anyone that has a couple limited use moves. "Hey, that daily attack you'd save for a boss? It's hitting this angry caterpie now."

Though honestly, I like the way Mort set it out. You still have a degree of control, it's just that you won't always get to do the optimal thing.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:16 am

Update currently paused on Bruce. I'll probably take substitute actions by tomorrow?

I still need to think over some of the ideas offered myself really. I didn't mean for insanity to be too complicated. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 am

If Sam doesn't get back to post for Bruce, I'd suggest sending Agaric (his Foongus) out and hitting Angstrom with a Toxic.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Yes! Toxic will hinder him a lot and since the foongus is posion type it will auto hit.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:29 pm

I did a tiny little change to last update because I forgot something.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Also, Burns, did you remember to restore the HP of your pokemon or was Archie on 7 HP?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:06 pm

I am pretty sure I did, I mean he was used last in the gym, which was...yesterday????

EDIT: Yea I checked, the last battle Archie was in was the gym battle. I am not sure if I said that she'd heal her mons after, but I would think that would be a reasonable assumption since that is what you do after a major/gym battle.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also since it couldn’t miss, it couldn’t be intercepted.
► Show Spoiler
From the description of what happened, with Angstrom vanishing and the houndour suddenly being in his spot, it sounds like Angstrom used Ally Switch, which is different from Intercepting.
PHB p.418 wrote:Move: Ally Switch
Type: Psychic
Frequency: Scene
AC: None
Class: Status
Range: 6, 1 Target, Interrupt
Effect: Ally Switch may be declared during a foe’s turn
as an Interrupt. The user chooses one willing ally within
6 meters; the target and the user switch places. If the ally
was a target of a Move, the user is now the target; If the
user was a target of a Move, the ally is now the target.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:03 am

Vader is correct.

Also, what is Haley referring to?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:01 am

Overseer said something about having his follower lighting a match to complete the ritual.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:33 am

Our characters don't hear the Overseer, Burns.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:52 am

And even if you could have, I don't recall the guy saying he would destroy everyone if you do it

viewtopic.php?p=292557#p292557

At least one of you guys might have heard about something along these lines before, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:40 am

Currently waiting on actions from Nate/Kay from Dusk, if any.

Anyways Alex is right, one confusion, one insanity. Samwiser, could you roll me a d6 too?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:19 am

Hey Dlover, would you like to have Roy right up next to Angstrom?