Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 am

Dusk9 wrote:Izzy relays what she sees to the others, then turns her attention to the cute swablu and spoink.
So are we stopping to catch something, then?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:30 am

Dunno, I'm still at work :lol:

I'll check the dex once I'm back at home, but for now Izzy is just looking at the cute things. Wasn't sure if any of you guys were interested either.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Sorry for the radio silence, been to Vegas for a conference and forgot to let you know before I was leaving!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:53 am

Boy, don't think my whole team will beat this one sableye! Thats AC rolls of 1, 2 and 3 in my last 4 AC rolls!! :wall:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 am

You can use your ap to boost it by 1 if you think it will hit.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Not an AC 4 move, unfortunately.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 pm
The razor wind hits, with help of Bjorn- And almost knocks out the Sandile... If it weren't for Jack commanding him to bite through! The badly injured sandile then fires a rock tomb, for 30(66) damage..!
Hey M0rt, did you mean Sand Tomb? In which case it doesn't affect Pyre?

I didn't think sandile knew Rock Tomb, unless he was taught a TM?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 am

Yeah, I'm afraid it's one of a couple tm's his pokemon know, to give it a bit more diversity than only ground moves.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:38 am

Does Jack's pokemon have any of those at Copper Rank?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 am

Yeah, at least it's been on there since I first created the sheet. (It can probably be found back if you go looking for it...) I figure even rank 1 can have a couple improvements done besides straight up level 20 pokemon, and if you look at what a raw level 20 sandile would have, picking a rock tomb tm seems like a braindead option.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:07 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 am Yeah, I'm afraid it's one of a couple tm's his pokemon know, to give it a bit more diversity than only ground moves.
Naw crap, I was counting on that :lol:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Added Drake and Bruce to the update.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:53 am

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to break through the path using the pickaxe?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:26 am

Probably a lot more difficult than it'd be just trying to have your pokemon do it. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:22 am

Oh also: Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

...I'd give you guys another gift, but at this point they're just being stockpiled. :roll:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:47 am

I would like a bonus edge/feature thing the others got!

And merry christmas!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:11 am

Merr Chrismas
► Show Spoiler
Maybe instead of something to power up our characters, we could apply a free Mentor service to one of our pokemon (maybe with restrictions)? Not that I would happen to have an immediate need for such a thing :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:20 am

What about those that can already do that?

...Though it would be cool if we can get our starters one tm move outside of thier moveset, maybe with something like a held item that only works on them?

That maybe a taaaad too powerful though

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:40 pm

There's no choice on the TM, it's just roll a die with a number of sides equal to the number of moves there are, and you get whatever move is alphabetically associated with the position your number shows. Not even grouped by type, just purely alphabetical ordering.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:03 pm

The idea of a free random TM move sounds interesting, but I think it might cause problems. I do think that maybe a unique hold item or something might be cool. Not something super powerful, but something unique to us.

Or you could do another Christmas Crit, but this time have an expiration date on it. Like, use within 6 months or something

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 pm

I should clarify that the randomness I was suggesting was a joke. It would end in Roy getting Splash or something.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Maybe we need to find out about the pokemon orphanage? Clearly in the worst part of the city there is a kindly grandmother who raises abonded pokemon the party can adopt. And she just happens to have dratini, beldum, and other oddly rare pokemon :P

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:34 am

Dlover wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 pm I should clarify that the randomness I was suggesting was a joke. It would end in Roy getting Splash or something.
I mean, the idea of everybody getting a random tm/move is hilarious to me. Just rolling for a random move and saying "Yes, your diglett can use fly now" is awesome. But yeah. Chances are, one person would get Toxic, and somebody else would get Judgement or something. No way to do it well.
Natrivv wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:49 pm Maybe we need to find out about the pokemon orphanage? Clearly in the worst part of the city there is a kindly grandmother who raises abonded pokemon the party can adopt. And she just happens to have dratini, beldum, and other oddly rare pokemon :P
Yeah. A free pokemon would be nice. I could get a full team of 6!

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:22 am

If you need more pokemon, meet Alex. He's got a bunch in his box that he promised to find somebody to make them stronger... Torracat, Feebassx2, Karrablast, Rufflet... Yeah, that's the extent of my list.
My game:

My characters: