Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Natrivv » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Though that said Ninja + Warper would make a pretty cool magic ninja concept.
Because Warpers can teleport and do other ninja-esque things

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:24 pm

It would be a pretty badass concept for the build. No clue if it would be a good pairing, but who cares. I literally have a character plan for a Skirmisher/Steelheart/Dancer/Ninja, just because it sounded like a terrible but fun idea.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Oh, and for the people who don't read other groups updates. Gayle is actually Irene's mother.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Did a real quick map for the other team now, too :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Just to let you know, I will not be able to acess the book or map for...I think at least a week? (and not even sure if I can acess map since last time I checked there was an error)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 am

Right Dlover, you're right about the aura message. Magnus would just have responded he knows, he's got aura too :P

Also here's something nobody asked for, Matthias's theme

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Should've guessed that, really. He's the ultimate creator god, as far I can tell, or at most one step down. He's probably got pretty much everything.

Man, that song is really well made to have an effect of being just a little unsettling to listen to.

... Actually, thinking of my first note here, Arceus is the only one above both Regigigas and Giratina by standard Pokemon lore, right? If he exists, is he maybe the one mentioned in the Void, that gave the two brothers power?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Arceus and Giratina are the brothers, the Great Mind is the collective unown subconscious

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:27 pm

I'll be taking a substitute action for Bruce btw. Though with Christmas getting near, things might slow down a bit until that clears, I figure a bunch of people will be having difficulty posting during this time of the year.

...Can't believe we've gone through another year. Are you guys gonna force me to give you more Christmas gifts? :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:56 pm

I had ideas if you want suggestions :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Make the gift for Alex the one thing he's been trying to get for so many years: Death.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:18 am

I have an idea that may be a bit complicated, but I can see it kinda working....espessially sonce there are now somewhat cannon, I was thinking maybe something like build a bear, but with pokemon.

Player can choose:
Body type
Head type
Tail(s) type
Arm type (or arms if one wants something more monsterous)
Leg(s) type
1st Pokemon typing

GM chooses
2nd pokemon typing (if any)
Moves that can be learned and when
Abilities
Stats (all pokemon built will hsve same stat total; stats cannot be less than a cerian number and cannot be higher than a certian number)
Movement: similar to each other, all must have same movement speed total
Jump: same as each other
Capabilities

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:00 am

That sounds... Like a lot of effort.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:30 am

If you really got ideas, throw them at me I suppose. Just know I'm probably going to deny all of them, because at this point you guys are going to get more power from accumulating Christmas presents than from actually playing the game :roll:

The "build a bear" thing is a no at least. Too much work. Where would those pokemon even suddenly come from..?

...Here's an idea I got I suppose that doesn't actually involve getting power: How about you all submit a question for this so-called "Great Mind", and I'll make sure that it gets to him? You should just make sure the questions are either mostly fluff or wouldn't make for major spoilers. Because I know him, and if you do that, he's probably just going to give a cryptic non-answer. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:33 am

The build-a-mon idea sounds cool as just a mini-game. Frankenstein Pokemon!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:45 am

That's the thing, I was purposely NOT going to suggest anything that'd make our characters stronger ;)

Rather, I'd like to suggest catching some of our pokemon up to our current power level. A lot of our pokemon are kinda getting left in the dust as our core teams rocket ahead in levels, and grinding up our weak guys has always been a concern. So what if the gift this time is just to auto-level one or two of our pokemon up to 30-35? Skip the grind and let us play with more of our pokemon sooner.

So something like:

- Level two pokemon up to 30
or
- Level one pokemon up to 35

And any evolution requirements that are met as a result happen automatically too. :)

Edit: maybe in Bruce's case he might get one of his other wishlist pokemon? Since all of his current pokemon are already in that range :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:56 am

M0rtimer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:30 am If you really got ideas, throw them at me I suppose. Just know I'm probably going to deny all of them, because at this point you guys are going to get more power from accumulating Christmas presents than from actually playing the game :roll:

The "build a bear" thing is a no at least. Too much work. Where would those pokemon even suddenly come from?
Okay, then how about choosing only head and body or fusion mons? First typing comes from body and second from head?

As to where they came from....well the same place as the new fossil mons. Or the void/where necromzma lives

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Typing alone doesn't help much unfortunately, Burns. There's a lot of work with assigning movesets and capabilities and stats and abilities, and making sure everything is all balanced. It's a lot of work.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:17 am

Hmm, maybe a redo on one of our choices for a character sheet? Though that is technically buffing us.

Festive Delibird hat that none of our characters can take off for an undetermined length of time?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:18 am

Oh god not the delibirds

I don't think I have anything to change for Alex, since Mort's already let me do some reworks to make him not be the ultimate garbage character, but I wouldn't have anything against letting others have that.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:41 am

Technically, leveling up pokemon is still a "character" increase. Though in this instance I can see it being one made more out of convenience than anything else :P

As for reworking stuff, that's already something you can do, really. I've had multiple of you people do some rework before if you think it'd just better suit your character. Of course, it's hard to justify doing that for a complete character overhaul, but some minor stuff I'll probably generally agree with changing. Even then, at most, you can already do this RAW by spending misc exp.

Still waiting for that substite action for Bruce btw :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 am

I'm not really sure what Bruce himself can do, but the Crobat could just Bite the Gengar again?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:32 pm

We can do that, yeah, but misc exp is rare enough and it's hard enough to gain levels that it's too valuable of a resource to spend.
Especially important when half of us play characters who only capture pokemon if we think at the time that we'll use them, and don't just capture everything, so we get a lot less DEXP.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:51 am

Dlover wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:32 pm We can do that, yeah, but misc exp is rare enough and it's hard enough to gain levels that it's too valuable of a resource to spend.
Especially important when half of us play characters who only capture pokemon if we think at the time that we'll use them, and don't just capture everything, so we get a lot less DEXP.
Actually, this brings up something I've been thinking for a while. I don't think misc/Pokedex exp is a very good mechanic. It's hard as hell to balance fairly, adds yet another level of bookkeeping (on top of managing exp/Moves/Abilities for 10+ Pokemon), and rewards certain character types more than others.
► Show Spoiler
That ended up being a bit of a long tangent, but there we go :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:58 am

@Mort: Fern is a still Ferroseed, not a Ferrothorn. Just so you know for the map :P